Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

and how many sign up to convert the world to Wahhabism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And does that bit matter? The ones who don't are depressingly quiet about it, no?

FFS, man. You are the great satan. You think for a moment they'll leave you alone if you disentangle yourself from the middle east? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be a start.

When it comes to the Middle East, we're like Brer Rabbit punching the tar baby: we think we're smart and tough and instead we've just got ourselves in an awful fix.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

If you read my posts properly, you would see that I categorically said I did not blame Israel. The blame for the bombings lies solely with the bombers. However, there are many reasons why there are a lot of angry muslims in the world. One of them is the behaviour of Israel and America's support of Israel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not blaming Israel then. No, not at all. Not one bit. icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

If you read my posts properly, you would see that I categorically said I did not blame Israel. The blame for the bombings lies solely with the bombers. However, there are many reasons why there are a lot of angry muslims in the world. One of them is the behaviour of Israel and America's support of Israel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not blaming Israel then. No, not at all. Not one bit. icon15.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The wagging finger of Bert Preast.... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

It would be a start.

When it comes to the Middle East, we're like Brer Rabbit punching the tar baby: we think we're smart and tough and instead we've just got ourselves in an awful fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you want to get out of it, but I honestly doubt they'll stop blaming you just 'cos there's 3000 miles of ocean between them and the nearest imperialist yankee pig-dog. I mean, have you noticed many signs of rational behaviour in their ranks?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

the reason for angry muslims basically due to lack of a/c </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 103 degrees here right now, so I can understand their rage tbh.

Not blaming Israel then. No, not at all. Not one bit. icon15.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the first thing you've got right in this whole thread! Everything doesn't have to be black and white Bert.

I think the proof is in suicide bombers willing to blow fellow muslim civvies to bits. You think that kind of will would be happy with just a little itty bit of the earth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why doesn't that logic apply to invading Iraq for example?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

I think the proof is in suicide bombers willing to blow fellow muslim civvies to bits. You think that kind of will would be happy with just a little itty bit of the earth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why doesn't that logic apply to invading Iraq for example? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where on earth have I ever denied that I want to spread the English idea of civilisation across the globe? Numbah wun, johnny?

That's the first thing you've got right in this whole thread! Everything doesn't have to be black and white Bert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to retract the first bit of that statement? I think you should.

Black and white? Not at all, I love shades of grey. I myself like living in a cosmopolitan, multi cultural atmos, but at the same time that doesn't extend to cultures that want to wipe us out. They do exist, you know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

Why doesn't that logic apply to invading Iraq for example? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where on earth have I ever denied that I want to spread the English idea of civilisation across the globe? Numbah wun, johnny? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know. That's why I asked the question. So you think we're trapped in a circle of violence because we want to spread the word and so do these guys?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

the reason for angry muslims basically due to lack of a/c </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 103 degrees here right now, so I can understand their rage tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watching the television weather. High tempature of 110 degrees in downtown today, 106 at the airport which is up on top of the Rimrocks. icon_eek.gif

Don't know. That's why I asked the question. So you think we're trapped in a circle of violence because we want to spread the word and so do these guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you see us arriving at a happy medium?

Watching the television weather. High tempature of 110 degrees in downtown today, 106 at the airport which is up on top of the Rimrocks. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take that, infidel. icon14.gif

That's the first thing you've got right in this whole thread! Everything doesn't have to be black and white Bert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to retract the first bit of that statement? I think you should.

Black and white? Not at all, I love shades of grey. I myself like living in a cosmopolitan, multi cultural atmos, but at the same time that doesn't extend to cultures that want to wipe us out. They do exist, you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, since I don't think I agree with a single word you have said. And, remind me the last time Al-Qaeda stated their aims were 'world domination'. You sound like Dubya's mouthpiece.

Watching the television weather. High tempature of 110 degrees in downtown today, 106 at the airport which is up on top of the Rimrocks. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take that, infidel. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*straps on bomb vest*

Don't know. That's why I asked the question. So you think we're trapped in a circle of violence because we want to spread the word and so do these guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you see us arriving at a happy medium? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't looking good at the moment. A happy medium would probably only arrive if we lost interest in them. That isn't going to happen while they hold the key to our economies.

Not really, since I don't think I agree with a single word you have said. And, remind me the last time Al-Qaeda stated their aims were 'world domination'. You sound like Dubya's mouthpiece. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You believe that once they have India, Africa, the Middle East and Andalucia mankind can live in eternal harmony, then? After we kill all the jews, obviously?

Not really, since I don't think I agree with a single word you have said. And, remind me the last time Al-Qaeda stated their aims were 'world domination'. You sound like Dubya's mouthpiece. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You believe that once they have India, Africa, the Middle East and Andalucia mankind can live in eternal harmony, then? After we kill all the jews, obviously? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You must be quoting me.

Isn't looking good at the moment. A happy medium would probably only arrive if we lost interest in them. That isn't going to happen while they hold the key to our economies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My feelings too. At the end of the day, only me and Jason have a point, really. He wants to leave them do slaughter and starve, while I want to do exactly what they have been accusing us of trying to do for 20 years, and actually take control of the oil.

Can't continue with the half-heartedness really, can we?

icon_biggrin.gif You must be quoting me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. All you've told me so far is that Bush and Israel are evil and that muslims are lovely. I doubt I've quoted you.

I have an answer but you insist on driving that big ****ing car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't. I like it, but it's by no means an important thing in my life. Bear in mind I am a fanatical sailor, with all the accompanying hatred of polluting dickheads in powered pleasure boats.

icon_biggrin.gif You must be quoting me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. All you've told me so far is that Bush and Israel are evil and that muslims are lovely. I doubt I've quoted you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muslims generally are lovely actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

so we just have to hold things together until the oil runs out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or 'til we stop buying it, apparently. Then when the middle east is starving and beset by plague, they'll suddenly realise what nice blokes we were all along.

Aye. Then we can make excuses about killing Kurds not fitting the dictionary defintion of genocide so **** 'em. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That ain't the answer, is it?

Muslims generally are lovely actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not as lovely as atheists, tbh. :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We agree on something! icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilstudd:

Breaking news on BBC: The whole of Beeston has been cordoned off by police </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Besston's in the same postcode as me, literally 5 minutes down the road.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilstudd:

wow, look at all the c*nts in edgware road who didn't stop for the silence icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should they if they dont wont to? Same old tired argument. Minutes silences suck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Police evacuate Leeds residents

Streets have been cordoned off and residents are being evacuated from an area of Leeds where one of the London bombers used to live.

Two double decker buses are being used to move residents out of their homes in the city's Beeston area, near the home of suicide bomber Shehzad Tanweer.

Police have told residents to pack enough clothes for three days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three days? icon_redface.gif

Mind you, the quality BBC journalism continues

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On Tuesday, hundreds of people were evacuated from the Hyde Park area of leads after police raided a house there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, look at all the c*nts in edgware road who didn't stop for the silence icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a personal choice neil, not worth arguing about tbh.

It was a statement, not an argument icon14.gif

Beeston obviously not that evacuated though, seeing as the BBC are broadcasting from there right now icon_biggrin.gif

bloody hell. That was an amazing sight.

All down covent garden and the strand everyone came out the office, all the trafic stopped and stood in silence for about 5 minutes.

There was one c0ck that decided it'd be funny to break dance in the middle of the strand! but he was swiftly arrested by police.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

There was one c0ck that decided it'd be funny to break dance in the middle of the strand! but he was swiftly arrested by police. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take THAT, personal choice!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

There was one c0ck that decided it'd be funny to break dance in the middle of the strand! but he was swiftly arrested by police. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived