FM12: Swansea City - Clwb Pêl-droed Dinas Abertawe

II McColl II

Sounds good, this is the first save I've used original since the TC was brought out a few FMs ago. Got to say, I've missed out. Still yet to nail down a solid base I can build off consistently away from home. Example, just gone 7 wins on the bounce and I then lose 3-0 away to Southampton.

I can only recall using the tactic creator a handful of times since it was brought in. For me it took a lot of the fun out, as I like to spend a while going through every part of the tactic, ironing out everything over time.

Away matches can be a paiin, I've sometimes lost to much weaker teams away, when everything I tried failed no matter what it was and that was when I was managing the big teams like Man United and Arsenal.

I think you need to watch away games more closely and make changes as soon as you see a problem, I tend to have to do that a lot more away than at home.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh yes i still got the same fullbacks in taylor & rangel what settings do you have them on?

Not sure to whome this question was directed too, but I can give it an answer anyway.

Mentality: Defensive. Forward Runs: High. Run With Ball: Rarely Cross Ball: Sometimes. Passing: Shortest Creativity Very low Wide Play: Move into Channels.

Not sure to whome this question was directed too, but I can give it an answer anyway.

Mentality: Defensive. Forward Runs: High. Run With Ball: Rarely Cross Ball: Sometimes. Passing: Shortest Creativity Very low Wide Play: Move into Channels.

cheers mate it was an open question really

Last Update

After a dismal Winter period I've regained my winning instinct. Jelle Vossen has hit form, and is beginning to score goals; 12 within this period - taking his total to 12 for the season! Only result that I was most disappointed with was the 3-0 loss to Southampton away. Sadly because of the slump and failure to win for so long earlier in the season it's left me in the middle of nowhere - will avoid relegation easily, but I don't like the taste of mid-table mediocrity - especially when West Ham are 6th in their first season back in the Prem. The F.A Cup has been a savior, and should see me stave of any danger of the sack - seeing as my expectations where Europe. The 4-0 win over Fulham in the semis was one of the, if not the performance of the season; so much so I've put up some highlights, Glyfi was on fireeeeee!

SwanseaCityFixtures_Fixtures-7.png?t=1327331917

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2-1.png?t=1327332319

Fulham 0 - 4 Swansea City

FulhamvSwanseaInformation_Overview-2.png?t=1327332972

[video=youtube;ZXsi--fBs8A]

Alright lads, thought id jump on the Swansea bandwagon and start a game of my own..

Transfers In

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen - £3m

Andile Jali - £500k

Johan Martial - £2m

Ravel Morrison - Loan

Transfers Out

Mark Gower - £750k

Stephen Dobbie - £1m

Luke Moore - £250k

Andrea Orlandi - £500k

Im playing a 4-5-1 Control at Home and a 4-5-1 Counter Away, ive also got a 4-2-3-1 set up in case we cant break teams down. Really pleased with our start to the season:

Swansea 1-0 Tottenham (Bassong o.g)

Man United 2-0 Swansea

Swansea 2-0 Brentford (Williams, Routledge) *League Cup 2nd Round

Swansea 3-0 Wigan (Ali Al-Habsi o.g, Britton, Routledge)

Sunderland 1-1 Swansea (Sinclair)

Swansea 2-0 Everton (Dyer, Lita)

Swansea 0-0 Leeds (Swansea win 6-5 on pens) League Cup 3rd Round

Thats where were up to, sitting 6th after 5 games, and just drawn Chelsea away in the 4th round of the League Cup :(!

Will update again once ive hit Jan!

TheBigBoss

Hey sorry fr the late response was tucked up in bed when you asked about the full backs. I have them set as:- Low Attacking Mentality, No CF, Shortish Passing, RWB, RFD and Throughballs on sometimes, hug touchline on wideplay and hold up ball.

Seems to work for me so far :)

tommonufc

Some good results there mate, keep it up. Theres always at least one game a season when nothing goes your way, like your Southampton game, the trick is how you get on after them and it seems your lot have got on wiht it quite well. Good luck with the rest of the season :)

ballinisahabit90

Welcome to Swansea :D and good luck!!

Some good signings and a good start to the season it seems.

Just beat Arsenal 2-1 at home in the league cup 1/4 final :) Fulham now await me in the 2 legged semi finals. Hopefully that will spur me on the league 'cos at the moment i sit in 16th place. It has been frustrating 'cso i haven't played bad. 3 times this season i have been 2-0 up away from home, twice i ended up drawing 2-2 and the other i lost 3-2 to chelsea with an Anelka 93rd minute penalty. Either that happens or i concede within the 1st 10 minutes but then can't come back. I've re-jigged my tactics a bit and it worked against Arsenal. I've now got 2 huge home games in the league against Blackburn and bottom placed Newcastle. Could do with 4 points from them 2 games at least.

I'm coming up to the January transfer window and i will be looking to move 1 or 2 on. With Neil Taylor out for 4 months i'll have to keep Bessone, but i'm looking to sell Lita, Aguestein, Monk + Tremmel to free some funds.

Incoming, hopefully, will be an attacking midfielder and hopefully a full back. Im looking at Chris Gunter for FB as he is welsh and cover both rb + lb. As for attacking midifleder, can anyone help me out with that? Oh apart from GYLFI, i want to try others, thanks :thup:

Incoming, hopefully, will be an attacking midfielder and hopefully a full back. Im looking at Chris Gunter for FB as he is welsh and cover both rb + lb. As for attacking midifleder, can anyone help me out with that? Oh apart from GYLFI, i want to try others, thanks :thup:

Hey mate, you should have a look at Lucas Adersen, only 16 but already proven himself good enough to be Gylfis understudy for me, ahead of the more experienced bunch I have. ALso other to look at are, Markus Henriksen and Jonas Svensson.. I have had Svensson on previous saves and he has done briliantly.

welshace

I already have Andy King but i use him alot lower down the pitch, more as a Cm + dm although he is starting as an AM untill i bring someone in. I want someone with more flair than King to play there. Eriksen is quality but is more than likely to be out of my price range! I'll check the others out too :thup:

Powello

Hey! Svensson is quality mate but i have bought him too many times and i want to try someone different. I'll check out the other 2 though, thanks mate :thup:

Again, my inability to defend a lead has cost me. Twice i took the advantage at home to Blackburn, but i ended up drawing 2-2. Now i have a home game against bottom side Newcastle and with me only sitting 1 point and 1 place above the drop zone, i really could do with 3 points!

[quote name=smplfc123

Powello

Hey! Svensson is quality mate but i have bought him too many times and i want to try someone different. I'll check out the other 2 though, thanks mate :thup:

Ah fair enough, I know how boring it can get buying the same crop everytime. No worries :)

Good luck against Newcastle :)

So a little update following on from the game against Sunderland. The league cup came next against Wycombe, who I expected to beat, which we did 3-0 in a near faultless game with my second eleven out. Then came Liverpool in the league. I wasn't expecting anything out of this but was hoping for a bit of luck to grab a point. We were all over them almost the whole game, much to my surprise, but luck wasn't on our side and we failed to capitalise on all the hard work, possesion and chances we created and we ended up losing 2-1. So I was a little disapointed but the signs were encouraging.

And now in our fourth game, we faced Man City. I went into it keeping my aggressive, attackign tactic. My theory was attack is the best form of defence, so lets take the game to them. The first haf didnt go too well at all, they were all over us, we did well to go in at half time only 2-0 down. At half time, I made a sub and a couple of tactic tweaks and just told them they were unlucky out there, keep going. Second half we seemed a different team. We took the fight to them as I wanted froom the start. New signing Augustin Torassa, on at HT for graham for his debut, was played through on goal, he rounded the keeper, but missed an open goal, hitting the side netting, but it was a sign of things to come. Come the 74th minute I brought on Routledge for Dyer and he stole the show. Runnign up and down the right he terrorised clichy, winning a corner from which gioda pulled one back, then in the 84th minute he was pulled down by clichy just outside the area, resulting in Gylfi curling in the resulting free kick for the equaliser :) And in the final minutes Routledge again ran at clichy, knocked it past him and into the area where clichy running back pulled him down leaving Gylfi to slot home the resulting penalty to cap an amazing second half comeback and a 3-2 win..

Sorry for the long post, just am rather chuffed lol.Up next I have Chelsea so the tough patch isn't over yet.

Ah fair enough, I know how boring it can get buying the same crop everytime. No worries :)

Good luck against Newcastle

And now in our fourth game, we faced Man City. I went into it keeping my aggressive, attackign tactic. My theory was attack is the best form of defence, so lets take the game to them. The first haf didnt go too well at all, they were all over us, we did well to go in at half time only 2-0 down. At half time, I made a sub and a couple of tactic tweaks and just told them they were unlucky out there, keep going. Second half we seemed a different team. We took the fight to them as I wanted froom the start. New signing Augustin Torassa, on at HT for graham for his debut, was played through on goal, he rounded the keeper, but missed an open goal, hitting the side netting, but it was a sign of things to come. Come the 74th minute I brought on Routledge for Dyer and he stole the show. Runnign up and down the right he terrorised clichy, winning a corner from which gioda pulled one back, then in the 84th minute he was pulled down by clichy just outside the area, resulting in Gylfi curling in the resulting free kick for the equaliser :) And in the final minutes Routledge again ran at clichy, knocked it past him and into the area where clichy running back pulled him down leaving Gylfi to slot home the resulting penalty to cap an amazing second half comeback and a 3-2 win..

I lost 2-0 to Newcastle :( i am now in the drop zone for the 1st time

But amazing comeback for you though mate! :thup:

Also, as an open question to all of you, how do you lot, that of you are that are trying to replicate Swansea's real life style, manage to get your team playing with such high pass completion stats and such good possession?

The basics such as short passing, narrow width, through the middle ect ect. But I've found that the mentality of a lot of players plays a huge part in being able to build good possession. In the match engine, how ever you go about it, your full backs tend to see the most of the ball, and will usually make a lot of passes in a game even if you are not looking to play keep ball. Therefore I've found that having these guys and your two central midfielders on lower mentalities than you usually would do will see them more conservative with the ball; whilst allowing a few designated players within your team the creativity allowed to unlock defenses and created chances.

This won't necessarily see your dominate the possession within the opponents third all of the time, but it will see a cautious build up from the back at all times. Culminating with the majority of your passing around the half way line and across your back line; but this doesn't usually worry me if I'm able to create chances along the way. If I can can come out of a game with close to 70% possession, it means the opponents have hardly touched the ball all game, again meaning they will have very limited time in which they can hurt me. This approach worked very well for me in the first season when I didn't have so much attacking impotence, I could afford to play cautiously and looked to pass teams to death without really threatening; because I knew if I tried to up the ante and look to pass through teams I'd get caught out, and those teams would be able to pick me off a lot more.

II McColl II

Good luck mate

I lost 2-0 to Newcastle i am now in the drop zone for the 1st time

But amazing comeback for you though mate!

Ah thats unlucky mate :( Just need a few tactic tweaks I expect. How have you got them set up?

Yeah thanks, I was rather chuffed. Had to do it all over again against Chelsea. 1-0 down at HT, managed to win 2-1, we didn't play amazing though, it was a hard fought victory. Second game in a row where players have praised my HT team talk woop lol.

Also, as an open question to all of you, how do you lot, that of you are that are trying to replicate Swansea's real life style, manage to get your team playing with such high pass completion stats and such good possession?

I'm off to bed in a sec as I have an early start so don't have time to explain how I do it, but I'll see what I can do when I get in from work in the afternoon :)

The basics such as short passing, narrow width, through the middle ect ect. But I've found that the mentality of a lot of players plays a huge part in being able to build good possession. In the match engine, how ever you go about it, your full backs tend to see the most of the ball, and will usually make a lot of passes in a game even if you are not looking to play keep ball. Therefore I've found that having these guys and your two central midfielders on lower mentalities than you usually would do will see them more conservative with the ball; whilst allowing a few designated players within your team the creativity allowed to unlock defenses and created chances.

This won't necessarily see your dominate the possession within the opponents third all of the time, but it will see a cautious build up from the back at all times. Culminating with the majority of your passing around the half way line and across your back line; but this doesn't usually worry me if I'm able to create chances along the way. If I can can come out of a game with close to 70% possession, it means the opponents have hardly touched the ball all game, again meaning they will have very limited time in which they can hurt me. This approach worked very well for me in the first season when I didn't have so much attacking impotence, I could afford to play cautiously and looked to pass teams to death without really threatening; because I knew if I tried to up the ante and look to pass through teams I'd get caught out, and those teams would be able to pick me off a lot more.

Thanks for that mate. I do play the usual short passing etc but i will try playing my fb's and cm's with a less attacking mentality. What formation did you use in that 1st season?

Thanks for that mate. I do play the usual short passing etc but i will try playing my fb's and cm's with a less attacking mentality. What formation did you use in that 1st season?

Vorm

Angel Williams Caulker Taylor

Allen Britton

Dyer Glyfi Sinclair

Graham/Vossen

Basically a 4-2-3-1, with defensive mentalities and low creative freedom. Another tip would be to limit forward movement for your full backs and center mids, and limit through balls to only to the AMC for example, no long shots at all either, unless you have Glyfi!

thanks for that mate :thup: i'll tweak my tactics. I'm currently 19th after a 2-0 away to City. That's now 10 games without a win, i need to beat QPR on the 31st december to go into the new year on a good note!

Ouchh, hopefully it'll work out for you! Good luck!!

Got a nice surprise to throw into my next update, let's say Swansea shall be going to Europe next season :D

A season in my eyes seen as disappointing, but unavoidably successful at the same time (if that makes sense). My aim was to challenge and hopefully get a European place through my league position, something that I was long short off - probably a little too ambitious to start with. Nonetheless I managed to win some silverware this season, in the shape of the F.A Cup - of which will propel me into the Europa League.

League Table 2012/13

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-3-1.png

Didn't manage to improve upon last years 12th place finish, but accumulated an extra 2 points, and an extra +2 GD! Yippee.

Player Stats

SwanseaCitySquad_Players.png

Nothing to really shout and scream about, the average-average ratings reflect an average finish in the league. Another great season from Glyfi Sigurosson. Dusan Djuric was impressive in his debut season, although missed most of the second half of the season through injury. Jelle Vossen showed a good goalscoring ability from January onwards; scoring his first of the season in a hat trick against MK Dons in the 3rd Round F.A cup. Neil Taylor deserves credit and will keep his place at left back in a defense that will be overhauled again next season. HBA seems to be playing like a right C-U-ext-Tuesday, rarely tapping into his abilities to muster anything more than a 6.9. Might be more effective through the middle, but I'm determined to persist. Labyad, Kalas and Borja will return to their respective reserve teams and shant be seen in South Wales for a while, will probably look to move on Danny Graham due to getting menstrual about not playing anymore, along with Bakenga (experiment failed), and a few other players that didn't really play. Hopefully I'll be able to stave off the attentions from clubs for Glyfi and a few others that will no doubt will have interest linked to. Oh, and Daniel Alfei is somehow quite good - forced to play him in a few league games due to a left back shortage, and he impressed.

Swansea City - F.A Cup Winners

SwanseavArsenalInformation_Overview.png

If my Wiki-history is correct this would make it the first Welsh side to win the F.A Cup since Cardiff in 1927. A bit of a dull game to be fair, with all three of my goals coming from corners. Tried to kill the game with through the keeping the ball, kind of worked, but didn't really stop Arsenal on the break. Somehow squirmed my way to a win, so I can't complain.

Next Season...

..I hope to have a defense that can keep goals out! Undecided on the future of Ashley Williams?? Keen to keep him due to him being an original member of the side, but it's apparent he's prone to forgetting how to defend for large parts of the season. He'll probably stay, but Steven Taylor lose his place. I'm quite content with the full baks, but I just need a truly quality center back. My scouts have found plenty of potential stars to chose from around Europe and S. America, including a 20yo CB called Xavi from Barcelona. Rhodolfo from Sau Paulo catches my eye, but there are bound to be issues with a work permit; and that's about it for the now, no real quality available, but that should hopefully change nearing the start of next season. Something that hasn't gone unnoticed is the arrival of Cristian Eriksen, Mbaye Niang and Antoine Griezmann on my player search menu, so I may have to go after one or two or those if funds allow me too.

tommonufc

I think you have done great mate. I think setting yourself to finish in the Europa league places was too high and that 12th is a very good finish. There are still established sides in the prem who flirt with relegation every season, as shown in your season as wigan and wolves have gone down. Although winning the F.A Cup and now getting a Europa league spot that way is a great achievement mate :thup:

I followed my much needed win on new years eve over QPR with a home win over Wolves 2-1. That has now moved me out of the relegation zone and up to 16th and 2 points clear. I'm out of the FA cup after loosing to WBA but i'm not that bothered as i now have the semi finals of the league cup coming up against fulham and a long fight against relegation!

yeah tommo.. the team is starting to take shape... id be wary about changing it around too much every season though.. a defence can take a season to bed in and after that they perform admirably ive found but seeing as (from what i can see anyway) you only have big ash williams and s.taylor as established cb's , maybe some extra quality will definately help :)

imo a stable mid table spot AND some silverware AND europ is a bloody good season fella.. clearly established the swans in the prem :) congrats :applause:.. your setting the benchmark for us to beat .. and i'll start when the patch comes out finally :)

Ttommonufc

I agree with simplfc123, TheBigBoss and Welshace.... Firstly winning the FA Cup with Swansea is a great acheivement in itself, but add to that the opportunity to play in Europe and increase the money coming in and the quality of player you can attract, is fantastic and will only do great things for the future. A 12th place finish, after only 2 seasons of beng in the Prem is very good. You are establishing yourselves there and can move onwards an upwards now. Well done :)

TheBigBoss, smplfc123, welshace & Powello

Thanks guys :D maybe a tad ambitious to aim for a European place through the league in my second season; truly delighted with the F.A Cup win though! Just kind of wanted to push on a little in the League after showing good promise.

Just going through the close season now, and been given my budgets for the season. Been rewarded for my success with a nice £28million for a European place. First thing it looks i'm spending it on is Cristian Eriksen from Ajax for £11.5m. Not really finding much that catches my eye for a new center back; Stefan Savic could come in on loan. Marc Andre ter-Stegen has a £7.5m release clause that I'm tempted on triggering. Brought in Esteban Granero from Real Madrid on a end of contract, he looks quality, and did do on a previous save. Alex Smithies' was picked up on a end of contract as well, really rate this guy, so may see me try and cash in on Vorm.

Outgoing it looks like Danny Graham should be heading out somewhere, probably Southampton. Gromstad has gone to Norwich, and Odegaard has gone on loan to Wolves for a season. Bakenga's contract ran out, as did Moreira's; and probably not going to renew Leon Britton's deal, tough decision, but since the influx of added quality in the midfield he has fell down the pecking order.

Decided to switch up the tactics this season, and move to a 4-2-2-2; flat four at the back, 2 in cm holding the play, 2 am's and 2 up front. Should be interesting, but will llow me to capatalize on the wealth of central midfielders I have now acquired. Retraining Glyfi to Striker as he's in my plan to play upfront in this system.

Edit; Granted a youth training facilities expansion at the end of the season; along with a a stadium expansion of 5,000 too, the chairman seems to be pretty ambitious.

Oooh £28 million is rather tasty.

Eriksen would be quality, should help you progress. You seem to like your Midfielders :p

Spend the money wisely, as the board will be watching you more closely if you are sposed to be going for a European place.

Interesting formation change. Would that be a box midfield or will the 2 AMs be wide players?

Oooh £28 million is rather tasty.

Eriksen would be quality, should help you progress. You seem to like your Midfielders :p

Spend the money wisely, as the board will be watching you more closely if you are sposed to be going for a European place.

Interesting formation change. Would that be a box midfield or will the 2 AMs be wide players?

Yeah it seems I can never resist the temptations of a nice center midfielder. Happens on pretty much any long term save I have; and as I say this I've just sealed Josh McEachran on a season loan. I need help..

Yeah it'll be the box midfield; I'm a big fan of this formation. Think I may hold fire on the center back situation, got a good couple of highly rated youngsters that would deserve their chance. Instead of which I'm looking to bring in a Striker; possibly Mbaye Niang.

Yeah it seems I can never resist the temptations of a nice center midfielder. Happens on pretty much any long term save I have; and as I say this I've just sealed Josh McEachran on a season loan. I need help..

Yeah it'll be the box midfield; I'm a big fan of this formation. Think I may hold fire on the center back situation, got a good couple of highly rated youngsters that would deserve their chance. Instead of which I'm looking to bring in a Striker; possibly Mbaye Niang.

Hang on lads I think an intervention could be needed!! haha.

Haven't tried tha formation for a quite a few versions. I remember needing very good full backs who could attack and defend equally as good and run up and down all game.

Hang on lads I think an intervention could be needed!! haha.

Haven't tried tha formation for a quite a few versions. I remember needing very good full backs who could attack and defend equally as good and run up and down all game.

Yeah it does, I stumbled across it last year during a Barca save; there I had S.Ramos at right back, and Danny Wilson at left back. Played it most recently with Newcastle, had Gareth Bale, Davide Santon and Kyle Walker there. Scouts have been busy, looking to pick myself up a good few youngsters again this season. Got a couple of promising youth candidates come through again this season. The futures bright

tommonufc

£28m, that is a nice budget to work with mate! Maybe you can push on in to the top half this year!

As for my game i just had a massive win at home to Wigan. Not only did it lift me out of the drop zonebut it left them bottom meaning i have distanced myself away a bit. I'm now upto 15th and with the new signing of Medudjanin (sp?) for 250k i can now hopefully keep clear of that relegation zone. As long as i stay up im happy. In the league cup i lost 3-2 on agg to Fulham in the semis. A bit disappointing after getting that far but the board are pleased i exceeded their expectations for that cup anyway. It's going to be an interesting finish to the season!!!

congrats on getting into europe via the FA cup which in itself is a massive achievement. I have just about finished my staff changes and creating a tactic for this season which i hope shall implement some of the better football in the league.

One confirmed signing so far is Kevin De Bruyne from Genk for 1.3 million, he will be joining the end of the first season as his injury would have meant he would fail his medical and currently genk have better facilities than us anyway.

Next target is Wilfried to occupy the lone striker role and will keep graham as a sub pushing for the starting 11 place. Other possible targets are yet to be decided but should have a pre season update complete by tonight.

Yeah it does, I stumbled across it last year during a Barca save; there I had S.Ramos at right back, and Danny Wilson at left back. Played it most recently with Newcastle, had Gareth Bale, Davide Santon and Kyle Walker there. Scouts have been busy, looking to pick myself up a good few youngsters again this season. Got a couple of promising youth candidates come through again this season. The futures bright

Good luck then :)

Youth will be vital for those roles, especially in the latter stages of matches where their fitness can put a lotof pressure on tiring defenders.

As for my game i just had a massive win at home to Wigan. Not only did it lift me out of the drop zonebut it left them bottom meaning i have distanced myself away a bit. I'm now upto 15th and with the new signing of Medudjanin (sp?) for 250k i can now hopefully keep clear of that relegation zone. As long as i stay up im happy. In the league cup i lost 3-2 on agg to Fulham in the semis. A bit disappointing after getting that far but the board are pleased i exceeded their expectations for that cup anyway. It's going to be an interesting finish to the season!!!

Glad to hear you are out of the relegation zone :) A couple of wins on the trot and you should be fine, heaping the pressure on the lower teams, maybe forcing them to slip up more.

Unlucky against Fulham but a good run nonetheless...

2013/14 - Start of Season - A Scandinavian love-in

Transfers

• Cristian Eriksen £11.5m from Ajax
  • Esteban Granero - Free - Real Madrid
  • Mbaye Niang - £15m - Caen
  • Alex Smithies - Free - Huddersfield
  • Josh McEachran - Season loan - Chelsea

• Tor Marius Gromstad - £1.6 - Norwich
  • Marius Odegaard - £600k loan - Wolves
  • Danny Graham - £2.4 - Blackpool
  • Leon Britton - released
  • Moreira - released
  • Bakenga - released

Fixtures so far..

• Man City 4 - Swansea 0 (Community Shield)
  • Liverpool 4 - Swansea 0
  • Swansea 1 (Glyfi) - Basel 0
  • Swansea 2 (Glyfi x2) - Bolton 2
  • Basel 2 - Swansea 2 (Glyfi, S.Taylor)

Been messing around with things tactically, and have lost any continuity that I once had. Everything seems disjointed and at sixes and sevens; hence the 4-0 defeats. Becoming slightly disinterested with the save, and as soon as I went 1 or 2-0 down in the Man City and Liverpool game I pretty much thought F' it. Hopefully the next game against Southampton can see some sort of performance from what tactics I cobble together. But I can say I've made it into Europe now..

SwanseavBaselInformation_Overview.png?t=1327517990]

First leg was a bit of a bore, my possession ended in the high 60%s but could only end the game winning 1-0 through a Glyfi free kick that hit the bar and rebounded in of the keeper. The second leg was made harder than it should have been due to my apparent nonchalance; I went 2-0 down early in the game and I couldn't really care. Half time I decided to fix obvious flaws, one being the removal of HBA (this guy is driving me maaaad!! Why, o why did I buy him) then I came back into the game, with Glyfi scoring a nice one on one to put us in the position to send us through.

Going to ditch the philosophy of keeping the ball, and try and make some sort of success from scoring goals! This will probably intern see me dominate possession, but will try and create more passes; as seeing all my players pass around the 18 yard box, resulting in my team making about 1 ccc every 3 games is driving me mad!

2013/14 - Start of Season - A Scandinavian love-in

Transfers

• Cristian Eriksen £11.5m from Ajax
  • Esteban Granero - Free - Real Madrid
  • Mbaye Niang - £15m - Caen
  • Alex Smithies - Free - Huddersfield
  • Josh McEachran - Season loan - Chelsea

• Tor Marius Gromstad - £1.6 - Norwich
  • Marius Odegaard - £600k loan - Wolves
  • Danny Graham - £2.4 - Blackpool
  • Leon Britton - released
  • Moreira - released
  • Bakenga - released

Fixtures so far..

• Man City 4 - Swansea 0 (Community Shield)
  • Liverpool 4 - Swansea 0
  • Swansea 1 (Glyfi) - Basel 0
  • Swansea 2 (Glyfi x2) - Bolton 2
  • Basel 2 - Swansea 2 (Glyfi, S.Taylor)

Been messing around with things tactically, and have lost any continuity that I once had. Everything seems disjointed and at sixes and sevens; hence the 4-0 defeats. Becoming slightly disinterested with the save, and as soon as I went 1 or 2-0 down in the Man City and Liverpool game I pretty much thought F' it. Hopefully the next game against Southampton can see some sort of performance from what tactics I cobble together. But I can say I've made it into Europe now..

SwanseavBaselInformation_Overview.png?t=1327517990]

First leg was a bit of a bore, my possession ended in the high 60%s but could only end the game winning 1-0 through a Glyfi free kick that hit the bar and rebounded in of the keeper. The second leg was made harder than it should have been due to my apparent nonchalance; I went 2-0 down early in the game and I couldn't really care. Half time I decided to fix obvious flaws, one being the removal of HBA (this guy is driving me maaaad!! Why, o why did I buy him) then I came back into the game, with Glyfi scoring a nice one on one to put us in the position to send us through.

Going to ditch the philosophy of keeping the ball, and try and make some sort of success from scoring goals! This will probably intern see me dominate possession, but will try and create more passes; as seeing all my players pass around the 18 yard box, resulting in my team making about 1 ccc every 3 games is driving me mad!

Some good transfers there mate, although I think you could of got more than a quid 60 for Gromstad :p

I think you have the right idea, its alays good seeing your team keep the ball and pass it around the other team, but at the end of the day the aim of the game is to score goals and win games. I am still working on getting both of them to work.

Season 2012/13 Update:

Im currently in January & im 9th which is quite impressive but at one stage I was 3rd but im on a terrible run at the moment where I cant score at all I've only got 16 goals in the league which kind of speaks volumes, as I got no money I wont be signing one in January hopefully my strikers can buck up there ideas & get me out of this rotten run

Edit - I really should have read the thread first, I had no idea the researcher was no longer available. If I'd had seen Gripper's post last week I would have put myself forward, hopefully whoever the new researcher is will do a good job (if any extra help is needed, I am available for the next few weeks at least)

As a Swansea fan I'm delighted to see this thread pop up :) Usually my first save on each FM is with the Swans, but I decided to try some other teams this year. I'm just waiting for the next update to attempt to start with Swansea as I think a few of the players need an upgrade. However, a couple of us made inquiries in the data issues thread last year but haven't heard anything back from the researcher so tbh I'm not hopeful of seeing any major stat upgrades.

Completed a pretty amazing first season with Swansea finishing in an incredible 6th place!

1zq5un9.jpg

We didnt score many goals but our defence was rock solid! We lost to Chelsea 1-0 in the 4th round of the League Cup and 3-1 to Wolves in the 4th round of the FA Cup, that was the only time all season we conceded more then 2 goals in a game!

Going into the 2nd season i told the board i would challenge for the top half, thinking i surely couldnt improve upon last season so soon, and for that i was given £25m so i went about making the following moves in the transfer market:

Transfers In

Harry Maguire - £250k

James Forrest - £500k

Kyle Bartley - £2.5m

Younes Kaboul - £3m

Nolito - £1m

Patrick Van Aanholt - Loan

Felipe Anderson - Loan

Tomas Necid - £500k Loan Fee

Joe Lewis - Free

Transfers Out

Gerhard Tremmel - £500k

David Cotterill - £1m

Wayne Routledge - £500k Loan Fee - £1m Future Fee

Harry Maguire - Loan

Johan Martial - Loan

Loads of players on frees

Cant seem to shift Bessone, Lita or Monk

Ive played 3 games so far:

Swansea 2-0 Valerenga (Andile Jali, Younes Kaboul) - Euro Cup Qualifier

Valerenga 1-2 Swansea (Danny Graham, Leon Britton) - Euro Cup Qualifier

Sunderland 0-3 Swansea (Younes Kaboul, Nolito, Leon Britton) - EPL

So a nice solid start, weve gt SK Rapid Wein in the 4th round qualifier, bring on Europe! Hopefully :p

Completed a pretty amazing first season with Swansea finishing in an incredible 6th place!

1zq5un9.jpg

We didnt score many goals but our defence was rock solid! We lost to Chelsea 1-0 in the 4th round of the League Cup and 3-1 to Wolves in the 4th round of the FA Cup, that was the only time all season we conceded more then 2 goals in a game!

Going into the 2nd season i told the board i would challenge for the top half, thinking i surely couldnt improve upon last season so soon, and for that i was given £25m so i went about making the following moves in the transfer market:

Transfers In

Harry Maguire - £250k

James Forrest - £500k

Kyle Bartley - £2.5m

Younes Kaboul - £3m

Nolito - £1m

Patrick Van Aanholt - Loan

Felipe Anderson - Loan

Tomas Necid - £500k Loan Fee

Joe Lewis - Free

Transfers Out

Gerhard Tremmel - £500k

David Cotterill - £1m

Wayne Routledge - £500k Loan Fee - £1m Future Fee

Harry Maguire - Loan

Johan Martial - Loan

Loads of players on frees

Cant seem to shift Bessone, Lita or Monk

Ive played 3 games so far:

Swansea 2-0 Valerenga (Andile Jali, Younes Kaboul) - Euro Cup Qualifier

Valerenga 1-2 Swansea (Danny Graham, Leon Britton) - Euro Cup Qualifier

Sunderland 0-3 Swansea (Younes Kaboul, Nolito, Leon Britton) - EPL

So a nice solid start, weve gt SK Rapid Wein in the 4th round qualifier, bring on Europe! Hopefully :p

Thats a pretty impressive season, very well done sir :applause:

I am impressed with your defensive work. Mine seems to be the other way round, our attack is pretty good and we score a fair few goals, but our defence is more leaky than I would like. Are you going for the real life style approach or something different?

Good luck in Europe!!! :)

This is how i set the team up mate:

zj8k76.jpg

Prett damn simple as you can see, but it seems to be doing the trick! Id love to play how Swansea do in real life, sometimes we absolutely dominate possesion and have a high pass completion rate other times its shocking! Im not too fussed though so long as we dont lose, would love to know how some of the others have got such good passing stats from their teams?

Cheers mate, i will deffo need it :)

Archived