Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started with Stockport in the BSP with this tactic. Pre season has gone well so far. Made 2 signings, Izzy Ireipken at CB and Curtis Weston at CM.

Any advice on signings/loan signings for non league/league 2 standard? I've got about £130,000 to play with, and about £11,000 wages to spare.

My Defense really sucks !

I'm conceding alot, but also doing the goals forward. I had to change the tackle to medium of all midfielders - Did this destroy the defense MR. H?

But you said we could do it, and I was really getting at least 1 red card every 2nd game and alot of yellows, which made people not able to play in some games.

No one can help me?

Still working wonders with my average Barnsley side, second season, 2nd in the Premiership and just got to the League Cup final thanks to this amazing result! Teamwork attributes and not signing too many new players in pre-season seems to have worked for me.

ManCityvBarnsleyInformation_Overview.png

nice. can you post a screenie of your team layout in the formation please mate

This is how my team were pretty much all season

houghtactic2.png

If Cleverly was tired i swapped him for Giggs, and rotated Pogba and Martin. Other then that i brought in Cavani in the Jan transfer window and he used to mainly play on the left side of the three strikers.

7 points from CL games so far, beat CSKA and you probably get to next stage ;)

For anyone having trouble with defense, try using three DMs for tough games. It really helps. And if you can get a DM with over 15 passing, that would be perfect.

Also saw some people worried about FB fitness.. that is because fullbacks work A LOT in this tactic. They're actually acting as cover against counters, help out in offense and block wingers. Invest in quality fullbacks with good def and physical stats. It's more than worth it.

I don't DL tactics very often , but i was a bit late getting FM12 this time, and had little patience...anyway.

New game with Cardiff City. won the Championship at a canter . W 38. D 5. L 3. F 149. A 34. 119pts

Some highlights were Kenny Miller getting 30 goals by Christmas ( but then annoyingly breaking his ankle ) Peter Whittingham getting an England call up, Anthony Gerrard getting called up to the Republic of Ireland squad. I retrained my winger Conway to be a striker, which worked well.

Made some unoriginal loan signings, Macheda got me 31 goals , Sanogo 39 goals, Danny Wilson was very solid at centre back, pace in defence is vital, i find, for this tactic.

All in all a great tactic, just have the problems with fitness and yellow'red cards ( got fined for failing to control my players in one game, never had that before) I'm desperate to try and tweak it, just to put my own personal stamp on it, as having success due to someone elses creation just doesn't feel right, but i fear i will ruin it.

Great work fella, thanks for sharing.

Despite the defensive problems it's still a fantastic tactic. I have done some minor tweaks to deal with the lack of quality that my 2015 Everton is missing. I took over in 2014 after they were relegated! Still with a massive debt...

Both Fullbacks: changed cross ball to "sometimes" and cross from to "mixed".

Both MCs: changed run from deep to "rarely"

Rigt or left MC: clicked on Roam from position. Works really well when having a player that can cover MC, AMC and ST but still having his strengths in the midfield position.

I went straight to the title after being promoted back to the PL with these tweaks. I have never tried that before...

@Bornakon the link is on #332

@Kerni with what tactic?

my last result

fcpvbragasplitview.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hulk had score 60 goals on 26 matches :eek:

What's the players condition like on your version? Especially the full backs?

Also - I am noticing I'm getting quite a few injuries more during matches - is this down to the players getting knackered you reckon Hough?

Petros - I've downloaded your tactic from post 332 - gonna give it a try cos Hough's has stalled a bit away from home and the conditioning is getting pretty severe - some players are so knackered they can't play 2 games in a week - also - it's not great away from home at the mo.

What would you set as the match prep and how intense? I've been following Hough's advice for his and have it on attacking movement and high.

Cheers Petros - just won first match 5-0 - league cup 3rd round against Cardiff (am spurs in 2020 - Cardiff are in Prem as well so it wasn't against a lower league team) - seems good after first match mate. Will keep updated as I continue my game.

Archived