Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrapped a 1-0 Against Chesterfield (league 2) in the FA cup. Same starting line up. I guess that's football

@ pi0tro I dont think my results in general are not that impressive, if fact i would class them as realistic at most. Having said that its not a team of superstars, most are released players.

I think we should wait for Dave to finish his test. I doubt I will try it as I like to play with more than one up top.

Once i get to the end of the season I will post fixtures with results and you guys can then decide if they are impessive. I certainly dont expect wins to be regularly high scores.

Next match 0-2 with 70 played 3 subs made, and reduced individual players passing to short. won 3-2 Was missing a few players.

Away to Wigan getting battered 14 shots to 4 3 subs made Dropped passing again 14 shots to 10 in the end and we won 1-2. Team talks and talking to subs seem to be very important. Incidentally Wigan were one place above me in 4th. not now though lol

At home to charlton 1-0 win Dominated the match 16 shots 10 on target vs 8 shots 4 on target Charlton GK MoM

Away to coventry 1-3 thats 5 league wins now and sitting second having played 33 games. Starting to think i will be disappointed if I dont get automatic promotion now.

Fith round FA cup away to wolves 3rd in Prem. Half time 0-0 assistant manger advises me that we are passing badly short. Changed passing to mainly direct. Lost 3-0 they only had 5 shots on target vs my 3. Oh well can concentrate on the league now.

Truro 3 Fulham 0 6 wins on the bounce now and i think 11 unbeaten

Reading 1 Truro 3 Thats 7 wins now Reading had 61% of possession. Just like Dave has quoted many time, its goals that win games not holding on the the ball lol

And the run comes to an end. Derby 3 Truro 2. I really could not get hold of the match. I tried the short passing and although i got 2 goals from that I still did no feel comfortable. They nicked it late on, and they deserved it. I only had 6 shots with 4 on target. Maybe players are getting jaded, maybe they think they are better than they really are. Still we are far above even my expectations. And on the bright side still 2nd.

2012012200003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Injury and tiredness takes its toll on Truro Result: Truro 1 Cardiff 2 in a very even game. Down to 3rd. Will this streak last or is it just a blip in the promotion hopes? Just nine games left. Soon be time for dinner Bah!!!

2-0 win away to shef utd

1-2 loss home to Huddersfield. we scored in the first min and dominated the match

2-1 loss away to posh.. play offs at best now I fear even match, too mnay player out injured or just out of form.

TBC

Really have to guard against players becoming complacent

I was right not to expect results like against southampton. A fluke result score wise.

Hello guys,

First I want to thanks for this tactic :D It's works for me great in my Juventus and Ruch Chorzow team(Polish League ) - I play both teams in the same save. After 12 games in serie A I am first with 12 wins check out screens in my Ruch Chorzow team after 16 games I am 1st with 16 wins :D - It works lika some diablo for me :) I have original team squad in both teams - no transfers at all !!

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/242a13dfddeb.jpg.html

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/61f6b3f56b3d.jpg.html

And Ruch team :

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/bd01703f1026.jpg.html

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/1d33df1332c3.jpg.html

I have to also say that my central forward in ruch ( Piech ) scored in 16 games 36 goals !!

Still need to get a tactic where the players don't end up with awful conditioning - eventually will mean you can't play certain players twice a week. Great tactic though Hough - won all games apart from one (away against Man Utd who are flying) since I switched to the new defensive tweak.

Somebody asked about version of tactic..I use defensive one in Juventus and Ruch on patch 12.1.1.

badgersafc remember that your players need to lern how to move in this tactic - it takes aprox 10 games , check out tactic knowledge status in tactic menu it should be fluent on every aspect of tactic and remember that you need to use largest pitch and adjust in match prep attacking movements on high ;)

I'm pretty much done with first season PSG at this point. I won Ligue 1 with 7 games to go, which is an amazing achievement. In Euro Cup I was doing well too, beating Tottenham among others, but in semi final I stumbled upon FC Bayern and they destroyed me easily.

At this moment, with those 7 games to go, Gameiro is league's top goalscorer.. 31 goals! Lolz.

@cragswfc : thanks a lot.

All, I was so impressed with the result JP Woody, so I tried his steps and based on the image he uploaded, i tried to make the modification of the tactic. So far so good, the defence rocks, but still need more games to make sure it works.

For everyone that want to try, here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?qyt3l65u9a3rar6

All credits go to Mr Hough and JP Woody, as I can't wait so long until the tactic is released :)

As for people asking for the JP woody tweaked tactic, Stop asking, I haven't had chance to look at it yet as work as been crazy. When i get chance to look at it if i make any chages i will send the tactic back to JP to look at so it will be a while before it is out yet.

Well Truro missed out on automatic promotion and ended up in the play offs. To my suprise we beat Cardiff 6-3 with a 2-4 away victory in 2nd leg. Got Sunderland in the final.

2012012300001.jpg

So my thoughts after getting Truro to the prem a season or 2 earlier than i expected are.

Had I altered and tweaked Dave's (mr hough's) tactic earlier I'm pretty sure I would have got automatic promotion, maybe even won the league. It does not matter how good the tactics are, if you lose key players for key games in can turn things on their head for a small club.

The formation change to fit a certain player worked well for me, I scored more conceded less.

The other tweaks I made may or may not have made much difference. Its so hard to tell when you change how you play the game at the same time.

I changed the way I did my team talks and that certainly played a big part. How do i know this? Because if I got them wrong I was certainly made aware of it by the result.

I want to thank Dave and others who have contributed to this thread. The tactic and ideas I picked up certainly helped change my fortunes this season. Im sure that Had I just used Dave's defensive tweaked version, I would have still managed a comfortable mid table spot.

This tactic has a solid base and with a little change here and there it should work for any team

Oh and Jamil Adam is a god 47 games 39 goals.

And one last thing I feel this picture sums up all that Dave has said about this tactic concerning possession :)

2012012300008.jpg

Last thing to add the changes I made to how I play the game did not make my team in to unbeatable gods, I felt results were quite realistic, just maybe not for Truro lol

2012012400001.jpg

Sitting Second with Wolves at the minute, First season, 1 point behind top, 19 games in.

I've signed Assuncao for DMC as I felt they were lacking, and Wilfried to help with attacking options as Vokes is more of a backup.

Scored 48 Conceded 19

Beaten Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham with it, Lost to Man City, Chelsea, and two mid-table teams that i forget.

I'm sorry to say this Mr Hough. I think this is not your best tactic. Still your 4-1-2-2-1 is the best for me. I said that because your last tactic only have a good affect to big teams not the mid table teams. I confused it was hard to win on away games and when lose the two fullbacks, centreback, and 1 midfielder always have a low rating (above 6). This is just my complain for u Mr Hough. Keep up a good work. Cheers

I'm sorry to say this Mr Hough. I think this is not your best tactic. Still your 4-1-2-2-1 is the best for me. I said that because your last tactic only have a good affect to big teams not the mid table teams. I

Maybe you cant make it work for little teams, but that does not mean it does not work for all small teams. The posts above you are for Doncaster and Truro, no way you can call them big teams.

Its all gone a bit quiet in here, hope Mr Hough is ok and well. Ive just finished pre-season in my 2nd year as Hearts boss. Led the SPL for much of my maiden season only for heads to drop and we were surpassed by Rangers and Celtic (same old story). I have brought a number of players a few of which strengthen the side and I have won 3 out of 4 pre season friendlies against Portsmouth, Huddersfield and Millwall, drawing the match against Shrewsbury.

I am optimistic about the season ahead. A test against Rangers at home first up in the new campaign.

Edit:

Played Rangers and got humped 4-0. Decided to sort out backroom staff as other than that I don't understand why team played so badly! I despair sometimes with this game!

Finished a season using Original tactic in the non leagues. Being a big fan of your tactic in fm2010 thought I would take this out for a spin. No modifications or tweaks.

Kettering (prediction mid table - BSP)

I was fairly quiet with free agents and didn't pick up any loans. So please be aware that in some cases I was having to put square pegs in round holes in my formation due to budget, injurys etc.

Tactic was very strong at start, several big wins but I leaked a lot of goals (had a 5-2 and a 3-4).

Just before xmas I was top of the table. A few strange results along the way though against one very strong opposition (4-0) and the following weak against very weak opponents (0-5).

Tactic started to became a little unpredictable after xmas and I had to work to keep my team morale up due to poor results.

By February I was sliding down the table fast.

By the season end I was on a nine match no win streak

Ended up 7th. Overall not bad seeing I had a weak team but seeing I was flying so high at xmas part of me was a little disappointed.

Misc thoughts; extremely taxing on fitness, especially on fullbacks and midfielders in the low league. Strangely in my last 5 games I had a goal disallowed in each one (nothing to do with tactic really but Ive never had a streak like that before).

It was also strange how the tactic was so strong for first 23-ish games and then I struggled with it for 10 games and then it seemingly made my defense an open barn door and my attack ineffective for the last 10.

I am going to try your defensive variation of this tactic next, in the same division but this time I'll bring in some decent (for the league) players for the different roles.

Looking forward to seeing your next innovation or development.

Stunningly good tactic, playing as Chester in the Blue Square North, into January of my first season and I'm still unbeaten in all competitions, including the FA Cup where we have progressed to the 4th round, beating 3 League 2 teams along the way. This has all been done with a zero transfer budget!

Think the unbeaten record might be going tonight though, we've got a little trip to Goodison in the 4th round of the FA Cup to look forward to.

Great work as ever Mr H

14-3-5 on the Icelanding First Division with the team that was meant to sink down the bottom and only a couple of signings. Won the division with 2 points difference.

Really good tactic. Needs some caution around the middle-end part of the year in order to avoid your players getting cocky,but generally does the job done extremelly well.

Looks good JP, I was actually gonna move onto a 4-1-2-2-1 formation next but i will have a look at this tactic and if it holds up at my end I'll release it as a joint effort mate.

Hough, do you start making a 4-1-2-2-1 formation?

Your tactic is fantastic :) 11 games into the season with Malaga, won 10 and lost 1, includes a 7-0 win away to Rayo, 6-0 win against Mallorca in the cup and a 4-0 win over Real Madrid in the league. Getting the best out of a lot of my players as well. For anyone playing at a lower level, does it work there too?

hey mr hough will you be just testing it or tweaking it aswell and will you be testing it with a poor team or good one?

All of the above, I will test it and if i see anything i will change it to see if i can make an improvement, If it don't work i'll revert back.

Finished a season using Original tactic in the non leagues. Being a big fan of your tactic in fm2010 thought I would take this out for a spin. No modifications or tweaks.

Kettering (prediction mid table - BSP)

I was fairly quiet with free agents and didn't pick up any loans. So please be aware that in some cases I was having to put square pegs in round holes in my formation due to budget, injurys etc.

Tactic was very strong at start, several big wins but I leaked a lot of goals (had a 5-2 and a 3-4).

Just before xmas I was top of the table. A few strange results along the way though against one very strong opposition (4-0) and the following weak against very weak opponents (0-5).

Tactic started to became a little unpredictable after xmas and I had to work to keep my team morale up due to poor results.

By February I was sliding down the table fast.

By the season end I was on a nine match no win streak

Ended up 7th. Overall not bad seeing I had a weak team but seeing I was flying so high at xmas part of me was a little disappointed.

Misc thoughts; extremely taxing on fitness, especially on fullbacks and midfielders in the low league. Strangely in my last 5 games I had a goal disallowed in each one (nothing to do with tactic really but Ive never had a streak like that before).

It was also strange how the tactic was so strong for first 23-ish games and then I struggled with it for 10 games and then it seemingly made my defense an open barn door and my attack ineffective for the last 10.

I am going to try your defensive variation of this tactic next, in the same division but this time I'll bring in some decent (for the league) players for the different roles.

Looking forward to seeing your next innovation or development.

I had great success with both the original and the tweaked tactics. Look at my previous posts for screen shoots.

Key for my was to get defensive as soon as i would get dominated. Some of my favorite tweaks were:

STL & STR = Cross from - Mixed

Cross - Sometimes

ST with low attribute for crossing - Rarely

DL & DR = cross from - deep

cross - sometimes

This way you don't lose possession when you're not covered on the back.

If morale is low, always use the defensive tactic. If fitness is low, switch to defensive tactic if you are 2 goals ahead, so you conserve fitness.

As i stated previously, i had GREAT SUCCESS using DM in all midfield positions.

Hope this helps.

Im stunned how well my Truro side are doing. After 8 games im second in the prem (first season) won 5 drawn 1 lost 2 (for) 16 (ag) 13. Man city beating me on goal difference. I might add that we are 5000-1 to win the league. Not paid for any player as yet. They all come out of contract. Having said that, the majority are sth same as when we got promoted.

Still using my tweak version and what feels right when it comes to team talks.

Just lost 9-3 away to man utd. Thats how crap my team really is.

Im stunned how well my Truro side are doing. After 8 games im second in the prem (first season) won 5 drawn 1 lost 2 (for) 16 (ag) 13. Man city beating me on goal difference. I might add that we are 5000-1 to win the league. Not paid for any player as yet. They all come out of contract. Having said that, the majority are sth same as when we got promoted.

Still using my tweak version and what feels right when it comes to team talks.

What do you so for team talks?

mainly one of the assertive options, then passionate for anyone that dont react. I used enjoy the match a lot last season as we were underdogs throughout. But have to watch they dont relax to much. Using similar this season. but i kinda know how my players react now. Can still get it wrong though

Just a quick follow up from my Kettering post.

Started a new season with a different team now I know a little more about the tactic and its demands on my squad.

I used the defensive variation only using 3 DM's with Stockport (BSP). I brought in 9 new players (using filter from the other MrHough tactic) so I had the squad size to rotate through any fitness issues plus wanted players that would be better fits to their roles within the formation.

While expectations (and budget) are much higher at Stockport the results so far have been amazing.

Played 44, won 37, drawn 5, lost 2 (84% win). 137 goals for 34 goals against. I have now won the league and there are still 10 games left plus I have a semi-final around the corner.

Even in the 7 games I did not win I had many more shots on target in 5 of those games.

Very impressive strategy.

Instead of aiming for pure DMs in MC position, I'm doing what someone suggested some time ago and simply don't go below 13 tackling on my MC. That way I can use players who are decent tacklers AND have great offensive stats. I'm usually looking at 13 tackling and 16 passing as a minimum, then again I'm playing PSG who are rather strong.

Archived