Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right got a new tactic up my sleeve but it isn'r entirely mine, It was my base with M.U.F.C's tweaks and i have tweaked it again so if i decide to release it i will make as both our tactics.

I am still testing but it's gone better than i could have ever expected seriously. I'll release more information after i've played more games.

These kind of comments really bug me, Here is some Reasons why.

1 - Mine and Mufc's formations are completly different so it impossible to deicde which is better becuase they play compeltly different players for each positions.

2 - I don't think Mufc is trying to make a tactic that is better than my own, All i think he has wanted to do is Use Man Utd but use the likes of Nani and Young in the team that is why it is a 4-1-2-2-1 formation instead of a 4-1-2-3.

3 - What you have asked for is stupid, Why would people test both tactics just to show you results when you can do it yourself in your own games.

Next time your gonna ask questions think first.

only just read this post,not been on here properly for a while,not making a tactic better than hough's at all,i'm not capable,hough is a master,like he said i just wanted wingers to involve the likes of nani,young and valencia in their natural positions,anyway looking forward to the new tactic mr hough

no but seeing those results,ill give it a spin and let u know how it goes.4-2-2-2 is going amazing.

i feel lowering the team mentality by a few notches unto the top level of normal helps in getting the defense stable,esp against the big teams.

and also the original one,with w4nkers tweak,higher pushing up n closing down seemed to do a world of good,and same thing helped me beat united at old trafford.

im wolvese btw.

so yea,ill give it a shot tonight since i recently got in wingers to play the 4-2-2-2,so it will be interesting to see what your one does.

mr.hough,any chance getting the striker tweak into m.u.f.c version,if its so good without it,i guess it will be like whooping with it!

and the 4-2-2-2,with use target man ticked on but not chosen gives around 5 goals a game,and about 7 ccc,haha.

thanks

I'm gonna Release the 4-1-2-2-1 Tactic Tomorrow night as i have been dropped in the poo at work today and tomorrow afternoon.

I have only done one real test to speak of

Racing (spanish side) played 10 games won 9 drew 1 lost 0, Currently 2nd place 1 point behind Barcelona.

I'll get some more done when i finish work later on today but the tactic won't be released until tomorrow night.

I'm gonna Release the 4-1-2-2-1 Tactic Tomorrow night as i have been dropped in the poo at work today and tomorrow afternoon.

I have only done one real test to speak of

Racing (spanish side) played 10 games won 9 drew 1 lost 0, Currently 2nd place 1 point behind Barcelona.

I'll get some more done when i finish work later on today but the tactic won't be released until tomorrow night.

Dangerous one hough, what if it doesn't survive the mid-season re-rank and goes all to pot!

I find it easy to build a tactic that wins everything for half a season and then gets in January as I tear my hair out!

not a criticism, just not like you to out it through its paces for longer.

God this game is Frustrating, Same old story 3 or 4 times i have tried to release a tactic, Goes very well and everything looks rosy then all of a sudden my Team Starts playing like utter dog poo and its back to the drawing board.

I officially give up on Patch 12.1.1, Hopefully Patch 12.2 will be more kind.

^^ I get this with nearly all the tactics i have tried on 12.1.1. The only way to get past it is by improving your players so that your team just kind of "powers through" the tactic despite the fact it has lost effectiveness.

Thing is...I understand that SI want to encourage people to start changing tactics to suit different situations, BUT, for a perfectly good and working tactic which has won all games and scored many goals to all of a sudden turn to crap and just not work at all. There is just no logic in it. Alex Ferguson might change between a 442, 4222, 4231 or 433 but if he did choose to go back to the 422 and stick with it for 10 or so games, it wouldn't just stop working after the 11th. :s

I feel SI have made a big mistake here in whatever they were trying to do. Personally it annoys me how we spend £20-£40 every year on purchasing this game, and it isn't even released as a finished product. Instead we have to wait for patch after patch to fix bugs as if they didn't test the game themselves. The only patch SI should release is the transfer update, and they should just take longer testing the game to make sure it is perfect before release.

God this game is Frustrating, Same old story 3 or 4 times i have tried to release a tactic, Goes very well and everything looks rosy then all of a sudden my Team Starts playing like utter dog poo and its back to the drawing board.

I officially give up on Patch 12.1.1, Hopefully Patch 12.2 will be more kind.

1 had told you Mr Hough it is very difficult to have 4-2-2-2 or formations with 2 strikers.Just try with 4-2-3-1 or your 4-1-2-2-1 formation

^^ I get this with nearly all the tactics i have tried on 12.1.1. The only way to get past it is by improving your players so that your team just kind of "powers through" the tactic despite the fact it has lost effectiveness.

Thing is...I understand that SI want to encourage people to start changing tactics to suit different situations, BUT, for a perfectly good and working tactic which has won all games and scored many goals to all of a sudden turn to crap and just not work at all. There is just no logic in it. Alex Ferguson might change between a 442, 4222, 4231 or 433 but if he did choose to go back to the 422 and stick with it for 10 or so games, it wouldn't just stop working after the 11th. :s

I feel SI have made a big mistake here in whatever they were trying to do. Personally it annoys me how we spend £20-£40 every year on purchasing this game, and it isn't even released as a finished product. Instead we have to wait for patch after patch to fix bugs as if they didn't test the game themselves. The only patch SI should release is the transfer update, and they should just take longer testing the game to make sure it is perfect before release.

+1

I had a lot of fun with the game pre-12.1 and really don't understand why SI aim to make this game as frustrating as possible.

any chance I could take a look at what you did with the muff version??

i seem to be having a great time with your other tactics and would love to see what you did with it,even if you feel its not worth it.if u don't want to release it in public,please pm me.

cheers!

Yeah i agree with this and SI should either Test for longer or get more people to test the game for them.

How did your testing go with your latest creation and are you still planning on releasing it tonight still?

Well testing is going well but i don't think it is as good as my previous tactics.

It's mainly the defence that i am having problems with, It's the trickiest part of the game but i'll try and hopefully come up with something tonight.

mr hough i have question about your rolls back the year defensive version of tactic:

- in team instruction i notice that you increase tempo from 1 to 20 why that? isnt quick tempo force players to do more mistakes in pases?

- you also increase passing for CD,DR,DL from 0 to 14 i still dont understand passing when to use sort or direct or when is beter first or second. so why you go for direct pasing for this players?

- man marking for DC,DMC why?

- and last thing you took away creative freedom for strikers ok i think that understand why STC but for STR&STL i dont know i mean should these two must have much creative freedom to roam from his position to wing and the cuts inside or anythink else?

thanks for the answers i yust want to understand how you look at the tactic

:)

mr hough i have question about your rolls back the year defensive version of tactic:

- in team instruction i notice that you increase tempo from 1 to 20 why that? isnt quick tempo force players to do more mistakes in pases?

- you also increase passing for CD,DR,DL from 0 to 14 i still dont understand passing when to use sort or direct or when is beter first or second. so why you go for direct pasing for this players?

- man marking for DC,DMC why?

- and last thing you took away creative freedom for strikers ok i think that understand why STC but for STR&STL i dont know i mean should these two must have much creative freedom to roam from his position to wing and the cuts inside or anythink else?

thanks for the answers i yust want to understand how you look at the tactic

:)

I think there is a Possiblity that the tempo will make players make mistakes but i want them to move the ball at a quick tempo to make sure we can counter and attakc at every possible opportunity.

Man Marking on a DC and DMC only was a little theory i had, I though i could make them play as a 'Trio' of defenders so that the DC and DM mark the oppostion men and the FB's and MC's mark the Zonl area's.

I firmly believe that when you give players Creative Freedom to are giving them a licence to ignore your instructions and do what they want, So i use it very sparingly or a least try to anyway. Giving players more CF works in certain tactics and instructions but it depends on how you set your team up mainly.

Any more questions i'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

I decided to swap tactics after a bit of a poor run with 3 defeats in 4 games. I swapped to the m.u.f.c tactic with one striker and 2 wingers and as you can see from the pic (under the red line) its doing rather well.

stweaks.jpg

ur winger is inside forward or the normal one...i mean right footed on left wing and vice versa...

ur winger is inside forward or the normal one...i mean right footed on left wing and vice versa...

I play Lee Martin on the left who is left footed and either Josh Carson or Tommy Smith on the right who are both right footed. I do sometimes have to play a right footer on the left wing or left footer on right wing when players get tired or injured but I have not really noticed any difference when I do.

Archived