Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

I have been tweaking my 'Mr Hough Rolls back the Years tactic' lately because i think it is no where near a strong enough tactic from me personally, I have a great Man Utd side and when you can't beat wolves you know there is a problem.

How i have approached this is that i have found that my tactic is too fluid, The defenders go too far forward and don't do there defensive duties, Also my Central defenders have been defending very poorly with the current settings also. Now what i have found in defensive methods is that the more you have the team closing down the better the team defends overall. Now that sounds silly but i have tried all sorts of different settings and i found it to be true.

Now i don't know why this is because you would think the complete opposite, The more defensive settings would create a more defensively sound tactic Right.....Wrong, I have tried this and it just simply does not work. Fullbacks Central Defenders Midfielders all back off and let the opposition run at them at will. With a more attacking setup though they defend stoutly and try and get the ball.

I have been thinking this might be the case for quite some time now and instead of trying my theory in games i have just stopped playing, Until this morning and i decided to try a more attacking defensive base.

Try it in the tactics you are playing with, Not the mentality just the closing down, See what it does to the tactic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been tweaking my 'Mr Hough Rolls back the Years tactic' lately because i think it is no where near a strong enough tactic from me personally, I have a great Man Utd side and when you can't beat wolves you know there is a problem.

How i have approached this is that i have found that my tactic is too fluid, The defenders go too far forward and don't do there defensive duties, Also my Central defenders have been defending very poorly with the current settings also. Now what i have found in defensive methods is that the more you have the team closing down the better the team defends overall. Now that sounds silly but i have tried all sorts of different settings and i found it to be true.

Now i don't know why this is because you would think the complete opposite, The more defensive settings would create a more defensively sound tactic Right.....Wrong, I have tried this and it just simply does not work. Fullbacks Central Defenders Midfielders all back off and let the opposition run at them at will. With a more attacking setup though they defend stoutly and try and get the ball.

I have been thinking this might be the case for quite some time now and instead of trying my theory in games i have just stopped playing, Until this morning and i decided to try a more attacking defensive base.

Try it in the tactics you are playing with, Not the mentality just the closing down, See what it does to the tactic.

hello Mr Hough

Is it you mean higher up the closing down ???

Only team closing down or the defensive player ????

so we must just increase closing down in team instructions?

as far as I can understand you should just increase closing down for the two centre backs. I have increased mine by four clicks, seems to work quite all right.

It's insane that the more higher closing down the better the defence, I have a tweaked tactic that i will upload for you to have a look at.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xacub65c6rq1pr5

That is the tactic i have been using and it has been nothing short of brilliant.

I find defensive marking entirely broken in this game - not that it doesn't work, you can have a very good defence. It just doesn't work how it should according to real life.

I find this to be accurate:

When a player is zonal marking he has his area in which if an opponent enters he will move to engage either in terms of tackling or marking. He does not however always move to engage straight away.

If you have tight marking selected then as soon as the opponent enters the defenders zone then the defender will step up to face the threat, you have to consider whether you want this or whether the defender stepping up will leave a gap in your defensive line.

When zonal marking experiment with the defenders closing down setting until you are happy with the balance between the player stepping out and keeping a solid line.

I find defensive marking entirely broken in this game - not that it doesn't work, you can have a very good defence. It just doesn't work how it should according to real life.

I find this to be accurate:

I also agree with what you put, I also think the more intense the closing down the better and faster he will do that, Thats what i have found certainly in my tests anyway.

I also agree with what you put, I also think the more intense the closing down the better and faster he will do that, Thats what i have found certainly in my tests anyway.

High closing down definitely works wonders - it shouldn't! but it does!

The new tactic looks extremely good by the way.

High closing down definitely works wonders - it shouldn't! but it does!

The new tactic looks extremely good by the way.

I know it shouldn't FuSS, Loads of people have been asking me about defence and i have seen alot of threads about defence and lets just say that they have been using defensive base and not tweaking higher i can completly understand there frustration and anger because why would you make it extreamly high closing down when your trying to make a defensive tactic..

I've said it before and i'll say it again, You gotta think outside the box though when it comes to tactics

I just wanna clear up that i DO NOT HAVE TARGET MAN TICKED AND SELECTED IN THIS TACTIC It is Entirely up to YOU if you wanna do that. I have found NO different effects not using Target Man

I have been Using ROONEY As Middle Striker and he has scored 75 goals in 46 games I still have 10 goames to go in the premier league so i am aiming for 100 goals from him.

Again i do NOT HAVE TARGET MAN SELECTED

First game with the latest version, I'm Ajax.

joke.png

Completely destroyed them, yet had to score a 92nd minute winner. VERY good tactic and if my players weren't dossing for most the game it could've and should've been a HUGE scoreline.

Great work again Hough!:thup:

A little up and down for me so far... after getting the tactic fully fluid I have played 8 games so far, no huge wins yet like people above me but alot of 4 or 5 to 0.

However mixed up with that I had three games end 4-4 3-4 3-3 and seeing as I had conceded 16 goals total in the 25 odd games before this conceding 11 in 3 games is a little worrying.

Dont get me wrong I won 5 drew 2 lost 1 in 8 games no complaints there but conceding 11 in 3 games is just not normal for me and I have been using the original Rolls back the years before this.

Anyway good work as usual love all the goals scored but for now I prefer the old version keep up the good work though!

i ticked "use target" man and pulled him into the box (CAVANI) he scored 69 goals in one season..anyway i changed in player instructions too when you download the tactic as you can see the middle striker has "tight marking" on NO..put it on yes..thats what i did!! good luck and thanks alot mr hough

I don't understand why people keep going on about Target Man This and Target man That, There is no target man in my tactic, If there was i would have suggested it or put it in the game now stop talking about it cos it's doing my frigging head in.

I don't understand why people keep going on about Target Man This and Target man That, There is no target man in my tactic, If there was i would have suggested it or put it in the game now stop talking about it cos it's doing my frigging head in.
Its a discussion thread about your tactics. People are asking if they needed and the last person just said he ticked tight marking which i do and set him to target man, if you getting pm i can understand which does my headed

There is only one tactic that seems to work for me and that is Mr Hough Boots to Assess 4-1-2-2-1.

I keep trying other people's, including Mr Hough new ones, but always revert back to the above, which has got me from League 2 to Premiership.

Disappointing because I enjoy 1 striker less than 2 strikers; But I also miss wingers if playing the 3 striker option. I can't win!! Guess I will stick with what is working and play 41221 :)

Archived