Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

Mr Hough............I know you have said all along that your tactic doesnt use a Target Man ticked our otherwise..........but you did put this comment in your op........

I gotta mention Crag Swfc as well for the Brilliant Striker tweak which i use in this tactic. Crag recommends that you Tick Target man and Select a Target Man, I DO NOT do this and it hasn't had any effect on my team, It is Entirely up to YOU if you wanna do this or not

So i guess thats why people are still posting about Target Men!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hough............I know you have said all along that your tactic doesnt use a Target Man ticked our otherwise..........but you did put this comment in your op........

I gotta mention Crag Swfc as well for the Brilliant Striker tweak which i use in this tactic. Crag recommends that you Tick Target man and Select a Target Man, I DO NOT do this and it hasn't had any effect on my team, It is Entirely up to YOU if you wanna do this or not

So i guess thats why people are still posting about Target Men!

People just have to learn to read a post. Can't be THAT harsh I think? No wonder why he gets frustrated if some people even don't do the effort to read ONE single post.

He CLEARLY states that he uses the settings for the striker, but DOESN'T use the other settings (tick targetman, select him). So it's everybody's OWN choice if they want to do it like Mr Hough does it, or if they want to tick and select targetman.

i understand you dave! but i tried it your tactic without changing anything and with target man i was talking about.. scored more goals with tickin the target, just tried to help someone out there..sorry about that :)) like i said this is the best ive tried!

Mr Hough,ur 4-3-3 is impeccable but i still feel more goals and chances come from the 4-1-1-2-2,i put in the defense settings,and everything seems to be doing well other than the opposing cm's getting a lot of space.and i also noticed you have decreased the closing down of the dm in the new 4-3-3,so was wondering,do u think something similar should be done with the 4-1-1-2-2?

so match prep is defensive positioning or attacking movement Mr Hough?

Defensive positioning, he posted on page 10. No wonder he pulls his hair out.... i read the thread barely post and know how to use the tactic.... just read....

People just have to learn to read a post. Can't be THAT harsh I think? No wonder why he gets frustrated if some people even don't do the effort to read ONE single post.

He CLEARLY states that he uses the settings for the striker, but DOESN'T use the other settings (tick targetman, select him). So it's everybody's OWN choice if they want to do it like Mr Hough does it, or if they want to tick and select targetman.

You really think people will read 1000 posts?..........IMO the whole purpose of an OP is that it gives full and exact instructions.......as Mr Hough always does.........but some people will mess around and try and tweek tactics, thats life on these forums unfortunately!

so match prep is defensive positioning or attacking movement Mr Hough?

Mate.........Mr Hough's post clearly says DEFENSIVE POSITIONING ON HIGH IS GOOD!!!.............i dont see anything about ATTACKING MOVEMENT!!!

You really think people will read 1000 posts?..........IMO the whole purpose of an OP is that it gives full and exact instructions.......as Mr Hough always does.........but some people will mess around and try and tweek tactics, thats life on these forums unfortunately!

Except he knows that people don't read OP too, so it doesn't make a difference. It's easier to ignore these question than complain about that tbh, it will never change.

Mate.........Mr Hough's post clearly says DEFENSIVE POSITIONING ON HIGH IS GOOD!!!.............i dont see anything about ATTACKING MOVEMENT!!!

hey MATE see the first page and page 10 before you judge people!!there is a different match prep between Mr Hough Back to His Best and Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years (def tweak). Because in the first page he said the match prep is same as the old one but in page 10 he said different

and guys mr hough recomendet match preparation defensive positioning. has anybode try this and if is what can you tell its better (better results, better defence)???
i use no specific average

Going to start a new career save with this tactic. For the fun of it, im going to pick a top team (man utd) and a lower league side aswell.

Can anyone suggest a lower league (below the championship) that has a team which will suit houghs latest tactic?

I never really try lower league management hence why i have no idea what team to pick

Just to like thank Mr Hough on a great tactic. Been looking for something for a while for the latest patch & tried many that "claim" to do this & that.

Used my own very basic tactic to get Crewe to the Championship in 3 seasons but struggled since the last patch as my tactic was combatted. However this tactic has regenerated my love for the game. Just follow the match preparation suggested, train your players & give the tactic time. Currently top with a very ordinary squad compared to my opponents.

Thanks again.

Mr hough

if STC is poacher type

may i know what kind of striker should i look out for STL & STR?

All the Strikers settings are the same so i would just use someone who can score rather than a creative type of player

Enjoying the latest version Mr Hough - into national cup final and leading the Belgium league with FCV Dender (not a big team as you can guess!) Lost in QF of Champions League to Liverpool 4-3.

Seems like nearly all goals come from central striker - a few coming from side strikers and midfield, but not too much. In your much loved FM10 version, the side strikers seems to score more and play more intelligent passes. I fear my current side strikers think they're playing for Arsenal and run to the byline and then try and dribble into the box and shoot! Part of me wants to try a tweak - but part of me says to leave well alone as I am winning. Curse these voices! Not sure if it is the tactic all the new AI - but the FM10 version would leave many one on ones with the GK (any of the strikers) - but this version often finds a strong line of four minimum in the way. Could be the strength of the tactic of course, that it pens them back.

Enjoying the latest version Mr Hough - into national cup final and leading the Belgium league with FCV Dender (not a big team as you can guess!) Lost in QF of Champions League to Liverpool 4-3.

Seems like nearly all goals come from central striker - a few coming from side strikers and midfield, but not too much. In your much loved FM10 version, the side strikers seems to score more and play more intelligent passes. I fear my current side strikers think they're playing for Arsenal and run to the byline and then try and dribble into the box and shoot! Part of me wants to try a tweak - but part of me says to leave well alone as I am winning. Curse these voices! Not sure if it is the tactic all the new AI - but the FM10 version would leave many one on ones with the GK (any of the strikers) - but this version often finds a strong line of four minimum in the way. Could be the strength of the tactic of course, that it pens them back.

Yes the central Striker will get the majority of the goals, I do think that either side strikers score aswell, Who do you have in your attacking line up.

My Latest Tactic, This one if no one knows. http://www.mediafire.com/?xacub65c6rq1pr5. Is still doing the Bussiness for me, Even lower league Currently playing as Scarborough wn promotion easy in my first season and sitting 1st after 10 games second season.

This game suddendly got too easy.

Def Agree just look at the results from my two saves using this tactic. Huge Thanks

Form.jpg

easy.jpg

You may have answered this before Mr Hough, but do you get scout reports for the players you look to sign or do you just get the ones with the best attributes you can?

I haven't answered this before actually.

What i do first regarding the transfer market it just have a very quick look for players in the position i need them, Say if i have 2 good strikers at the club i will look to buy another one and i will search for these attributtes. Finishing Composure Pace Off The Ball, These are the 4 main attributtes that make up a ST in FM for me, So i have my Attributtes selected and my players that are intrested in coming to my team are highlighted, The attributtes are slected to 15 by default so i normally reduce this by 1 or 2 depending on how many players want to come.

I then go to the bottom of the list, I never start at the top because all it goes on it either how much the players have recently been bought for or SI's default transfer fee and you wanna take this into account because Andy Carroll is near the top all the time because he signed for 35 million, You get the drift.

So we are at the bottom of the list and normally you will have players that are good but old because there transfer fee gets lower as they get older, So if your looking for someone to fill the gap for say 6 months till you get more money these lads are perfect or if you go up a ltttle bit you will come across players like Saviola and Wilfried, Brilliant players but not valued so the are Bargins and thats mainly what i look for, Bargins.

After i have my bargins i then look at my Scouts and i sack anybody who has lower than 15 in scounting potential and Ability, I then do a Staff search for Staff with 20 in Scouting ability and Potential, If i can't find anyone with 20 for both i will knock them down to 19, Then 18, Till i have signed my maximum scouts.

I look at who they scout and normally when there good they come up with decent players so yes i do listen to my scouts.

Brilliant tactic(Mr Hough back to his best 4123)... too easy! Assman(Mauro Tassotti) handle team talks and match preparations.

So far i have won the league 3 times in a row and Champions League 2 times with Sheffield Wednesday.

Archived