Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Tactic (Mr Hough Back To His Best 4123),

Flirted with a couple of other tactics as Portsmouth in the Championship but found I kept looking very weak away from home and was getting frustrated at dropping just outside the playoff places and noy looking consistent at all. Decided to use the "Back to his best Tactics" with 16 games to go.

Ended up being PROMOTED in 2nd Place , only beaten once (last game of season) scoring 31 goals and only conceding 11. Used Noel Hunt as the middle striker (without ticking anyhthing) and he got me 10 goals in 14 games.

With better players and using from the start I would have walked the league.

Fantastic Mr Hough...got me enthusiastic about the game again and now looking forward to trying to steer Portsmouth away from relegation in the Premier. Thanks!

Hi !

I'm currently using your latest version of your tactic (first match, my central striker scored 5 goals)

And when i'm reading the comment, I just want to ask some question

First, the central striker is the player who will finish a majority of opportunities. So others strikers needs to have a good passing attribute. Do you recommend to use Offensive midfielder/Striker profile with balanced attributes between passing and finishing (plus tactical attributes required of course) ?

Then, I will be pleased if you could tell us what kind of central midfielder should we use. In my squad, I have 2 strong complete midfielder. One is more offensive, and the other is a bot more defensive, but they are both very complete. A M/AM © can be used in your tactic? Or the CM's have to be a bit solid defensively?

Thanks !

I have started a game on the 12.2 patch and picked Middlesbrough to start with, I was drawing 3-3 with my Reserves at Half Time lol, using the back to my best tatcic, I gonna have to tweak the defence thats for sure.

I have no time at all over the next few days so god knows when an updated or new tactic from me will be.

Take your time now Mr Hough, we wouldn't want a incomplete tactic now!

I have started a game on the 12.2 patch and picked Middlesbrough to start with, I was drawing 3-3 with my Reserves at Half Time lol, using the back to my best tatcic, I gonna have to tweak the defence thats for sure.

I have no time at all over the next few days so god knows when an updated or new tactic from me will be.

Interesting as there don't officially appear to be many changes to the ME. Although quite offer very minor tweaks aren't mentioned (as with the last patch) and so you never really know how much affect those minor things will have.

Interesting as there don't officially appear to be many changes to the ME. Although quite offer very minor tweaks aren't mentioned (as with the last patch) and so you never really know how much affect those minor things will have.

Look like the defence is much more tighter, I don't have time today but seeing how my goals where conceded seemed like my players where to tight to the opposition and they just brushed past them.

I'll have a look on Sunday as that is my next day off.

I was playing in my first season with Napoli Serie A, unbeaten (all wins) after 19 games had a 23 point advantage at the top of the league. Just into February 2012. Next game was Pescara (currently near the bottom of SERIE B) away in the cup, and to my amazement the team looked like they had just met each other and we lost 3-1. I don't care what SI say they have tweaked the ME or had a look at all the successful tactics on the forums and done something to override them or make them not as effective.

My next match was away to Arsenal in the Champions league and they hammered me 4-1. In the 2 matches I have done nothing different with training, match preparation, teamtalks or team selection. Because of they run I was on (winning all games) the squad morale was brilliant, so how all of a sudden does the tactic collapse.

Not a coincidence!!

I was playing in my first season with Napoli Serie A, unbeaten (all wins) after 19 games had a 23 point advantage at the top of the league. Just into February 2012. Next game was Pescara (currently near the bottom of SERIE B) away in the cup, and to my amazement the team looked like they had just met each other and we lost 3-1. I don't care what SI say they have tweaked the ME or had a look at all the successful tactics on the forums and done something to override them or make them not as effective.

My next match was away to Arsenal in the Champions league and they hammered me 4-1. In the 2 matches I have done nothing different with training, match preparation, teamtalks or team selection. Because of they run I was on (winning all games) the squad morale was brilliant, so how all of a sudden does the tactic collapse.

Not a coincidence!!

I always think that too, That SI use the most successfull tactics in the various forums and see how they are beating the teams and tweak the ME to counter the current tactics that are out.

I will figure it out though it just takes time.

I always think that too, That SI use the most successfull tactics in the various forums and see how they are beating the teams and tweak the ME to counter the current tactics that are out.

It was your "back to best tactic". The defence are at a loss when trying to close down and tackle, the midfield seem to be running about chasing the ball & the strikers, when they get to the final third, misplace passes or just stop as if not knowing what to do.

12.2.0 Patch using Everton as sample (Firstly no Transfer, Striker rated 3 star and below, Average Midfield, Above Average Defend (Weak Right Back)

Don't ask me what happen on the 4-3(W) match, it just went out of control xD (Using Jan Mucha as GK)

My View : Defend definite need to be tweaked, Midfield & Forward has lost abit of their glory day BUT need lethal

My Worry : I do not know whether its bad luck or what, my player like to hit the bar alot which causes me some match :0

Pre-Season Match Result + 1 EPL Match (West Brom was @ home and FAV to win with Tim Howard injure (Jan Mucha slot in)

ibmo07.jpg

i am still doing great in 12.2.0.i tweaked the defence during the season,played 7 games so far with the new patch,just conceded 1 goal.that also when my 2nd team played everton in godson park in league cup semifinal after i thrashed them in the first leg,7-0,i still won 2-1.and the 7-0 was in the new patch too.i am loving it.

i am still doing great in 12.2.0.i tweaked the defence during the season,played 7 games so far with the new patch,just conceded 1 goal.that also when my 2nd team played everton in godson park in league cup semifinal after i thrashed them in the first leg,7-0,i still won 2-1.and the 7-0 was in the new patch too.i am loving it.

What did you tweak, because I find my defence is getting a bit shaky now

May I be the first to ask what the tweaks are? or please could you upload your tweaked version?

It is 100% the case, i was using the MUFC version of MR Hough's tactic, Im in season 5 with Villa, season 4 i cleaned up, won the treble and lost champs league semi final, got 98 points in the league ( would of easily cleared 100 but i played some of my youth as the league was won) Did one change in the summer, brought one signing in the summer- Ganso from santos. Patch came! Now in season 5 im 17th, same formation just one player change! played 9 games. :(

What did you tweak, because I find my defence is getting a bit shaky now

i just tweaked the cbs ad fullbacks,creative freedom,passing,their mentalities,and closing down and put them all on tight marking no,seems to stop opponents spinning past them.and gives very little shots,for games against one striker teams,I put one of the central defenders on tight man marking.thats it,and I'm going to be playing around with OI's today and see if they make a difference in the new patch.well the tactic is here if you guys want to try,i tested it with serbia too,and they seemed to do really well to since they have a great but slow defence.Anyways,you guys take a look and let me know how you people do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1tdsxc6bc4l68z3

i just tweaked the cbs ad fullbacks,creative freedom,passing,their mentalities,and closing down and put them all on tight marking no,seems to stop opponents spinning past them.and gives very little shots,for games against one striker teams,I put one of the central defenders on tight man marking.thats it,and I'm going to be playing around with OI's today and see if they make a difference in the new patch.well the tactic is here if you guys want to try,i tested it with serbia too,and they seemed to do really well to since they have a great but slow defence.Anyways,you guys take a look and let me know how you people do.

Will try it tonight and will take note of the tight marking for 1 man attacks. Thanks

Downloaded ur tactic and the results have been quite impressive so far. I was 2-0 down to Doncaster as well:

Middlesboro (A):0-3

Bristol City (H) :3-0

Port Vale (A) :0-5

Doncaster (A) :2-3

Michael Chopra has scored 5 in the 4 games as my middle striker and the other goals coming from several other players.

what tactic you tweaked? the original are back to his best?

Had alot of trouble with the Back to his best tactic conceding way too much so went back to the Def tweaked Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12 (posted somewhere in the middle of this thread by Mr Hough) and have been doing great with that one so can recommend going back to that one for now if people have problems with defense in the new one.

What is the match prep?

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzv27dc5srtufzc

My tweaked version.. test it out guys and let me know how it works :) just put your middle striker on target man..match prep is high/teamwork..ronaldo scored 84 goals in one season..screenshot in fm base

I just did it..with my tweaked version of mr hough back to his best..

Here you go Crag! just put your middle striker on target man thing you know all about it so :) if you can tweak it even better do it and let me know..let me know hows workign for you after youve tested it..thanks !

could you uploaded it again wont let me downloaded it :(thanks do you find its good on 12.2?

Yes works fine for me.. i put left and right striken on tight marking on "NO" i creat lots of chances but some matches i creat less CCCS dont know why..hope it works now..lol

I asked him earlier

This is getting a bit ridiculous now, The amount of 'Tweaked' Tactics being put on this thread is annoying.

In future, Put screen shots first then if you have any interest in the tactic put it up.

Please don't just put tactics on here for the fun of it.

Now completed a few more games and still going very well with akash777's tweaked tactic. Especially being through to the semi-final of Carling Cup.

tweakedtactic.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sorry been out of station for a while,great to see its working for you.But I still don't get why you are conceding so much.When I am playing with United-my career save,monied onto them after Fergie retired,opposition rarely has shots.I am going to load up a save with a normal team and see how it goes.And,I have seen putting team on low defensive positioning after the new patch along with my tactics has meant no goals conceded.i Have played 16 games no the new patch,16 wins,5 conceded.with defensive position on,3 in 10 games.and its just like it was before.

Also,mate try this for attack.If team is not scoring a lot.

Put Central striker on tight marking,Turn on use target man.I don't select a target man.But,this results in more quick direct football.And try to get the more creative forwards to the wings and a poacher in the middle.Been working really well for me.

And glad i could help!

what tactic you tweaked? the original are back to his best?

back to his best mate,and I have seen that in tough away games or when team is not scoring a lot,putting targetman on,and making central striker on tight marking yes,seems to get a lot of goals.Though make sure central striker is a poacher while other two are more like creative strikers.And the tweaks were on the defence btw.

What is the match prep?

For 12.2 patch,I used very high teamwork till the team got fluid on the tactic proper.Then I put them on defensive positioning for this one.For 12.1.0,I had them on attacking movement.Let me know how you do.

This is getting a bit ridiculous now, The amount of 'Tweaked' Tactics being put on this thread is annoying.

In future, Put screen shots first then if you have any interest in the tactic put it up.

Sorry mr.hough,I would not have put it up.I only uploaded when a few people asked me if I could upload my tactic.I'm sorry again.And I would like to take this opportunity in thanking you for a wonderful tactic.YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN AWESOME TACTICIAN!

Sorry mr.hough,I would not have put it up.I only uploaded when a few people asked me if I could upload my tactic.I'm sorry again.And I would like to take this opportunity in thanking you for a wonderful tactic.YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN AWESOME TACTICIAN!

No thats fine, It does my head in when people just put.

I have tweaked this tactic here you go..........

Whats the point in that, I prefer a few details about the tweaks made and then the tactic, It helps others understand what has been done and why.

No thats fine, It does my head in when people just put.

I have tweaked this tactic here you go..........

Whats the point in that, I prefer a few details about the tweaks made and then the tactic, It helps others understand what has been done and why.

Yes I have seen that in your thread here and in fmbase.I did say all I played with is the settings on the defenders,marking,pressing,marking type and mentality.

Anyways,your tactic still seems to be going amazing on 12.2.0.Atleast for me,loving it.Thanks again for such a great tactic.

I have found that with the update 12.2.0 i am getting an awful lot of draws "BIG" draws 4-4 3-3 etc, i have also found that i am getting a lot of injuries to my front men which is a bit of a burden considering you need 3 forwards.

i have reverted back to the 1 striker formation that Mr Hough updated a while ago as it seems to be more stable at the moment untill MR Hough gives us an updated version.

oh and just so you know I'm managing Blyth Spartans and i went from Blue Square North to the premier league every season finished 6th in my first season and won the league cup, having changed formations to the new 3 striker formation i am 12th in the premier league after 7 games hence why i have reverted back until i know it's ok with 12.2.0.

Archived