Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started using akash777's extras tweaks from below the red line. The first 2 games I thought here we go excellent but after that it all went a bit pear shaped. Thank goodness I'd already been promoted.

newtactict.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that is very weird.You are the first person with a bad review.Did you put on defensive positioning for the new patch?that is a must.With that you should not go so wrong,and it will take time for the new marking system to be learnt.And I have a joint version with w4nker,which is going even better in fmbase,you could try that out,but in that one,attack is tweaked too.I would suggest you put on defensive positioning,that would stop you conceding so much,I conceded a few last few games only to see I had turned off defensive positioning.IT HAS TO BE TURNED ON IN THE NEW PATCH!Hope you give it another shot!

Hey Dave. I know your probably busy in the real world but do you have any news/update on a new tatic?

I'm just have been testing loads of Different formations lately.

I have stopped with the 4-1-2-3 and I have started work on a 4-4-2 which i think is the best formation in the Current Patch so any new tactic from me would most proberly be a 4-4-2

I'm just have been testing loads of Different formations lately.

I have stopped with the 4-1-2-3 and I have started work on a 4-4-2 which i think is the best formation in the Current Patch so any new tactic from me would most proberly be a 4-4-2

Yes Dave! I was going to suggest this to you the other day. In this patch it seems wingers are once again the key to success as they are not picked up at all by full backs :S Also, counter attacks seem to be the way forward aswell.

Knaps 442 is amazing, you should probs have a look at that to get a few ideas maybe :/

Anyway im sure you know best :)

I completely agree with statement above, I am using somebody's (sorry, don't remember name) old version of 4-1-2-2-1 variation about Mr Hough's tactics and find it working equally good in recent patch. My wingers are definitely driving force behind good results.

aari.png

Personally I dont think 1 tactic is succesful anymore and clearly this can be seen on this forum.Just a sugestion for Mr Hough is that he should develop 2-3 tactics that exploit other formations while still defending well.For example a 4411 would work wonders against 442 by deploying an unmarked amc while still defending decent and not leaving gaps or unmarked mans with 8 man behind ball.Or another example where a well seted flat 451with fullbacks as playmakers exploit a 41221 because AML/AMR dont track back and so on.

that is very weird.You are the first person with a bad review.Did you put on defensive positioning for the new patch?that is a must.With that you should not go so wrong,and it will take time for the new marking system to be learnt.And I have a joint version with w4nker,which is going even better in fmbase,you could try that out,but in that one,attack is tweaked too.I would suggest you put on defensive positioning,that would stop you conceding so much,I conceded a few last few games only to see I had turned off defensive positioning.IT HAS TO BE TURNED ON IN THE NEW PATCH!Hope you give it another shot!

Yeah did have Defensive Positioning turned on. Perhaps it was just one of those things. Will keep at it as now about to start pre season. My first in Premier League.

mr hough about yout 3-1-2-3 back to his best tactic!!!

why have the two CM`s roam from position ticked???

and i have thinking that give STL & STR more CF, through balls to sometimes and run from deep sometimes, would be that ok or will destroy playing of the team!?

or at least STC to drop deper to pick up ball, because im notice that when i have a ball (MC exactly) all 3 strikers yust run forward and then MC dont have do pass anyone.

so i was thinking to do what i write up. give STR & STL more CF reun from deep sometimes ot rarely and through balls to sometimes or give STC to drop deeper and pick up the bal will this benefite somehowe?

Just an update and some screens of what ive been doing these past few days since the new patch has come out.

I started working on a 4-1-2-3 but i came to Realise that the the 3 strikers have been changed in the patch and they don't work as well as they did in the first patch.

I then moved on to a 4-4-2 but wasn't content in the formation, I like it and it will be good but i didn't think the defence was working well, I really liked elements of the 4-1-2-3 and the 4-4-2 so i thought about what i could do to use them as i like the 3 man midfield of the 4-1-2-3 and i like the winger play of the 4-4-2 so i have this.

The 4-1-2-2-1.

TottenhamTable.jpg

TottenhamSquad-2.jpg

TottenhamFormation.jpg

TottenhamFixtures-3.jpg

As you can see the Results have been more than impressive, I am in the middle of testing with Middlesbrough and hopefully i'll be able to get the tactic out.

i myself have mucked around with a 433 ..and your right dave

i got the defence sound and then the midfield sound but could not get the strikers scoring , - i messed around with it so much that it was making the midfield rubbish

i then tried a 442 and couldn not get that right , a decent ai 442 seems to rip me to pieces in the odd game

now i have opted for a 4312 - as i DO like a 3 man cm , seems to be very hard to break down

also im notincing the my AM is destroying teams with so man assists - ai just cant pick him up

i myself have mucked around with a 433 ..and your right dave

i got the defence sound and then the midfield sound but could not get the strikers scoring , - i messed around with it so much that it was making the midfield rubbish

i then tried a 442 and couldn not get that right , a decent ai 442 seems to rip me to pieces in the odd game

now i have opted for a 4312 - as i DO like a 3 man cm , seems to be very hard to break down

also im notincing the my AM is destroying teams with so man assists - ai just cant pick him up

My Wingers are destroying teams, Bale scored 5 goals in one game incredible.

I love the 41221 formation! I find it the most stable formation on any of the patches released/FM's over recent years. But I have to say yours at this moment in time does look pretty dam good! How does the midfield play Mr Hough?

What wrestling name is this bad boy gonna be called?...answers on a post card, Ha!

Man my career game will suffer :)

I've sold every winger i had in order to play with your "back to his best", now it's time to look for some quality wingers for the new season...

By the way, I have never posted in your thread before but I'm a huge fan of your work... With it, I was able to take a low league team with no transfers to a very easy promotion, and wonderful football... With the new patch (12.2.0), and because I'm making a career save, i had to change tactics (your just started failing) and I found that Fuss's 442 worked good. But now by the looks of it, you're going to release my all time favourite tactic design. Looking forward to it... must get some wingers though...

KUTWonderfulW

Cheers.

P.S. I'm Portuguese, sorry about any errors you find... I hope it's understandable.

Since i upload the screens i have had the folowing results.

Norwich 5-1

Thun 8-0

Wolves 5-0

Leicester 2-0

Arsenal 4-0

So in the 10 Premier leagues games i have scored a Total of 38 games and conceded only 1 goal in that time.

Man my career game will suffer :)

I've sold every winger i had in order to play with your "back to his best", now it's time to look for some quality wingers for the new season...

By the way, I have never posted in your thread before but I'm a huge fan of your work... With it, I was able to take a low league team with no transfers to a very easy promotion, and wonderful football... With the new patch (12.2.0), and because I'm making a career save, i had to change tactics (your just started failing) and I found that Fuss's 442 worked good. But now by the looks of it, you're going to release my all time favourite tactic design. Looking forward to it... must get some wingers though...

KUTWonderfulW

Cheers.

P.S. I'm Portuguese, sorry about any errors you find... I hope it's understandable.

I have mass amount of Respect for Fuss and we often toy over ideas for tactics, Knap's tactics are Fantastic too.

Norwich 5-1

Thun 8-0

Wolves 5-0

Leicester 2-0

Arsenal 4-0

So in the 10 Premier leagues games i have scored a Total of 38 games and conceded only 1 goal in that time.

can you upload it?

I have mass amount of Respect for Fuss and we often toy over ideas for tactics, Knap's tactics are Fantastic too.

Just for the fun of it, i've also tried Knap's 442 106pts, as we all came to realise 442's are working great in this patch, and knap's also does the trick... but if someone should find a different tactic design and make it work, we all know who would do that...

Thanks again for your hard work...

P.S. For how long time you don't play a "career save", dave?

Norwich 5-1

Thun 8-0

Wolves 5-0

Leicester 2-0

Arsenal 4-0

Conceded 1? Your standards are slipping Dave don't think I'm going to bother with a download this patch ;)

(Best keep my wingers now)

Can you send me this tactic now? Im from Poland and is late in our country and i want to try this tactic now on my save please

You are funny it's 8:45 p.m in Poland. Don't push him. If you want to try it just wait like the other guys from this forum.

Archived