Bad Day for a Keeper

Does anyone have days when even really good keepers have spectacularly bad days? I typically have the occasional "5" for form but the other day in 2012-13, Robert Green (not the best, admittedly) put in a 1! I nearly subbed in a left back but I thought I'd wait to see just how bad he could play. Do you tend to rest them or let them work through their bad form?

Happened to me on a regular basis for all ages and quality of keepers. Just one of those random FMHi shortfalls. In general the main factor for the rating is the number of goals conceded - another shortfall in the rating system. Means, if your defense has a bad day the goalie get's all the credit - Lol.

Maybe if the keeper kept a clean sheet after being bombarded with shots for the whole 90 mins and then scored the winner - that would get him a 10!

Never thought of this before but it would be quite interesting if during the in-game tactics menu, you could send your keeper up for corners when losing an important match.

My Tamworth played against Fulham recently. Loosing 1-0. Fulham had 1 shot on goal, Tamworth had in the amount of 25 shots, 15 of them on goal. Fulham's goalkeeper got a 10. This is in FMH2011i though, but I wouldn't think FMH2012i is very different.

I have just had Stephen Bywater get injured for 2 months and a game later had my 2nd choice Matt Duke get shown a straight RED, I was left with a 15 year old regen or to re-call my third choice from a loan period. Bad day for 2 goalkeepers and good days for 2 others as one has a chance at gaining the number 1 spot and the other, a debut.

Archived