Change a players position?

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find a thread about it.. Is it possible to change a players position? For example if I've got an AM C and I've tried using him as a striker, and he did very good (Scored a hattrick his first game as a striker). Is there any way to change his position from AM C to AM/S C? So he becomes green instead of red when you place him in the front? That might have an effect on his development in the future too..

Thanks in advance,

• SI Staff

If you look under his actions menu you'll find the option to retain him for a new position - bear in mind younger players adapt better to training for new positions than older ones (exceptions being some attacking players who might drop back into more defensive positions as they age).

Marc - can I ask you a question about this? There are players I have who seem to perform well out of position (this ranges from playing in positions that are deemed awkward to competent). I then try to train that player in that new position but often receive notifications from the asst manager saying they're struggling to adapt. Is this an indication that I should give up or is it possible for a player to eventually adapt to their new position?

A lot of these players are young, seem to have the stats needed to play in their new position, and I as I said previously, perform well there anyway.

The worst one is when they are yellow in an off position, perform well in said position, have stats for said position but refuse to train in that position ><

A good point. Why can't a player adapt to that position when they're so clearly set-up for it? If he's young, has the stats and performs well as a yellow then it should be a no brainer.

Archived