Player numbers

Hello all,

This post goes more like a feature request to the devs. Would it be possible in a future update or in 2013 version to allow managers to chose the squad number for each player, registering them at the start of each season, like what happens with FM for Windows and Mac? It doesn't need the depth of the PC version in squad registration, as obviously we can't take in consideration players formed in the club and all that, and it wouldn't suit the handheld version, but simply allowing to register a number for each player would be interesting and give an extra layer of depth to the handheld version without being too much.

What do you think?

• SI Staff

Its been considered sporadically - but at present I don't think it suits the gameplay I've been aiming for on FMH ... which isn't to say it won't happen in the future, time will tell (its a matter of balancing the improved immersion from such an option with the extra effort to users to set them, a half-way house where its largely automated is probably something I might consider in the future).

I understand your point, but my view of such feature wouldn't actually disrupt your practical aim for FMH. I had in mind a system that would automatically make the number selection and just ask the user if they wish to confirm. This would allow for users that don't really care about that feature to just accept and not think about it, while giving a chance to users seeking further depth in FMH to change those pre-defined number selections and alter them in that same submission screen. Would be a win-win situation really...

Archived