Install on two different iPhones?

Right, so basically, my girlfriend has an iPhone that I bought FM Handheld 2012 on (using her Apple account). This was about 2 months ago. Now I've just bought my own iPhone, I'm wondering if I can log in to her Apple account on my phone, re-download the game and play it on my own phone?

Obviously I'm aware I would have to start a new game, but would this be possible? I don't want to have to buy the game again because I was the one using it on her phone so I'm in now way trying to scam a free copy to have on both phones.

• SI Staff

If you log into her account on your phone then you should be able to install the purchased game, it might get complicated however if you're only using her account for that game and your own for other purchases etc. .... tbh I don't know because I've never tried that side of things personally.

With regards to the save game - if you look in the thread here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file

Then that will explain how you can transfer your existing save game from her phone onto your new one (so you don't have to start your game from scratch).

Hope this helps,

Marc

• Administrators

Just to expand on Marc's point about using 2 iTunes Accounts to install software on a single device as I've got some personal experience with this and in case any one else needs to know.

You'll need to go to Settings App and to the 'Store' menu (with the App Store logo).

Here you will see the Apple ID currently logged in. Select this to change IDs and log out.

Sign back in with the ID you've purchased the App with, then download the App from the App Store.

Should you then log out and put back the original Apple ID you had on your phone, you will be unable to install any future updates for an App as they are linked to the account they are purchased with.

This is where it gets a bit complicated, but changing the Store ID whenever needed will let you download future updates for any app. You should still get the App update notification through the App Store if you go on the App now and again.

Hope this helps :)

Archived