Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope you give it to some more people to test (not talking about myself, although I would be thrilled to test the **** out of it :D). The more (GOOD) feedback you get, the better for your tactic, and the sooner the community can enjoy another excellent tactic.

I have added some more tactic links to the OP for people who had trouble with Filefront.

I will add Filters and Screen shots of my tests tomorrow.

I'm glad the tactic has been received well. I still think i can make a better one and will be starting work on my next tactic early next week.

Did i miss the filters or the key attributes?

This tactic has been excellent for me in my Reading save to date- highlights include a 6-1 home win against Southampton with Adam Le Fondre the star of the show bagging 23 goals in 8 starts and 2 sub appearances

initial impressions are very good though I am wary of the "January bounce"- will there come a point where this tactic will become less effective and the AI will adapt to it or can you have continuous success with it over a number of seasons?

The original 4-1-2-2-1 formation is probably the most efficiently attacking tactic I've ever used on FM, despite its apparent negative appearance. I'm using it in my 3rd season with Malaga. Got great players, which helps any tactic, but already can see a marked difference from the 4-2-3-1 I used the past 2 seasons. The attacks seem a lot more controlled and efficient with this tactic: no longer are midfielders choosing a 30-yarder (note: I had all of my players with long shots down to 0 before), instead they now wait to slip an attacker through or play neat triangles until space opens up.

Mr Howe - I don't know how you do it, but you simply win at this game.

Mr Hough

I'm really gutted you have gave up on the 4231 tactic! It was going to be amazing and the AMC and wingers played so well together :(

Steve

I haven't just had an idea for a 4-2-2-2 instead so seeing hoe it goes.

Good news, you had it spot on attacking wise with the 4-2-3-1.

Steve

I have worked out the defence and what was wrong, I have put the changes both into the 4-2-2-2 and the 4-2-3-1, Not sure which one is best so i guess i'll have to release them both!

Enjoying your current tactic Mr Hough from the OP. Playing as Reading things are going very well- predicted 17th by the media

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

Adam Le Fondre 48 goals in 31 appearances

Thanks very much for the tactic its excellent

Enjoying your current tactic Mr Hough from the OP. Playing as Reading things are going very well- predicted 17th by the media

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

Adam Le Fondre 48 goals in 31 appearances

Thanks very much for the tactic its excellent

Since Posting its all gone pete tong in the 2nd half of the season- the players who were performing so well have collapsed into a pathetic heap- Ive tried to motivate them but they wont listen- I dreaed to think how they'll perform in the Prem.

Not the tactics fault of course but this game is like Jekyll andf Hyde

I'm trying to modify a tactic that i made to use the corner setup Mr Hough is using in this tactic but i'm not able to assign more than one player to lurk outside area. I tried using corner creator and even manually player by player in the tactic screen. All i can see is "switch with .. (player name)". How can i do ?

Thanks

I'm trying to modify a tactic that i made to use the corner setup Mr Hough is using in this tactic but i'm not able to assign more than one player to lurk outside area. I tried using corner creator and even manually player by player in the tactic screen. All i can see is "switch with .. (player name)". How can i do ?

Thanks

u can´t do that, The only way to go is to edit a tactic that has that corner setting to what u want.

What do you guys recommend to hold the lead? What should i change if i want to protect lead, cause two years in a row with tonbridge angels , i cant get promoted, first year, finished 3rd, lost in playoffs, second year finished just 8th, conceding 60 goals per season.

I like how this tactic works a lot, but my players have really really bad stats. And i always concede a lot of goals in second half.

Finally Finished literally 2 weeks of work hell and now can work on tactics more.

I have been playing around with the 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1. I think the 4-4-2 will be the tactic i release first as i still think the 4-2-3-1 has some slight issue that need addressing.

I now have alot of time to work on the tactics and test them so hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later that a tactic is out.

This tactic seems to be doing the trick for my Ipswich team, didn't get enough time to bed the tactic in so the first 10 games included 3 draws and 5 defeats but it was worth waiting for, I've beaten my longest unbeaten run, now up to 27 games, won 10 straight premier league games and Lukaku is on fire. Only change I've made is switching to a knap 442 against teams using the same formation if I'm behind and if I'm 2 behind I switched to the ultra attacking 4-1-1-2-2 optimus tactic.

ipswichtownfixturesfixt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ipswichtowntacticsoverv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I look forward to the 442 as my wingers will work well with this, keep up the good work Mr Hough!

@Mr Hough - What are the best tweaks to do once the AI gets used to the tactic(s)? I started a game with Swansea using your tactic and won the league and FA Cup in first season, so obviously rep increases, teams become wary of the attacking threat so sit back a lot more. Other than changing the d-line / time wasting and maybe overall attacking tempo of the team is there anything you'd recommend?

I've messed around with the d-line & time wasting but it doesn't seem like a permanent solution, as different teams seem to be comfortable with different types of pressure. Overall though this tactic is immense! :)