[FM12] GN's Journeyman Career

Generation-Next

Generation-Next Journeyman Career

Good evening all, hope you're all well. Not been into this forum many times, but after reading some of the great careers that many of you have been having, I thought it might be time for me to have a crack at it myself!

I've always tried my hand at 'Journeyman' careers, but never made it past the second, maybe third season. I had an idea that, if I have some sort of thread to update then I might be more inclined to really stick with it. So here goes.

Since this is my first thread in here, I shall be using a template based on SRL88 and SnakeXe's threads. I hope neither of them mind (I have messaged SRL88 though, asking if it'd be okay.

These are the leagues I've loaded, on a large database.

Country         | Lowest League Loaded
-------------------------------------------
Argentina       | Second Division
Australia       | A-League
Brazil          | Second Division
China           | First Division
England         | Blue Square North/South
France          | National
Germany         | Third Division
Holland         | Jupiler League
India           | National Football League
Ireland         | First Division
Italy           | Serie C2
Mexico          | Promotion League
N. Ireland      | Second Division
Portugal        | Second Division
Russia          | First Division
Scotland        | Third Division
South Africa    | National First Division
South Korea     | N-League
Spain           | Second Division B
USA             | MLS
Wales           | Premier League

My Aims;

Manage my beloved Liverpool Football club (The aim that I shall push myself for the most).

Win promotion with any team.

Win promotion to a top division in any country.

Win a domestic cup in any country.

Do a double in any country

Do a treble in any country

Win a major continental club competition

Get offered a National job

Get to a major tournament with a Nation

Get through the group of a major tournament with a nation

Win a World Cup with a nation

Win the European Championships. (Or equivalent to in a different continent)

Become the best manager of my nationality, ever.

Become the best manager on my continent.

Become the best manager in the history of world Football.

-

Not too many goals there ;) at least I've got something to work, and look forward too.

Being a manager with a local reputation, I definitely didn't expect this sort of interest from clubs wanting me to be their Manager.

Two teams from the Mexican Promotion Division

altamiraoffer.jpg

indiosoffer.jpg

Their league season starts on the 30th of July

Two offers from Spain. A Second division B4, and B3 team.

poliejido.jpg

sportingmahones.jpg

Three teams from Brazilian National Second Divsion are interested in my services

guaratinguetaoffer.jpg

Who are in 5th after 10 played.

vilanovago.jpg

20th after 10 played, although only 4points from safety

guarani.jpg

9th after 10 played. 1 point behind Guaratingueta

It surprises me that first and third teams managers have been sacked(Unless they've moved on) as they obviously have been doing a decent job.

Two offers come in from S.Korea

(who are half way through their seasons)

gangneung.jpg

They are doing abysmally, that's all that needs to be said on that.

incheon.jpg

6th, doing well.

Last but not least, we have an offer from an MLS side.

newenglandu.jpg

They're destroying the Eastern Conference, in 1st place and about 11 points clear.

---

As I said, never expected that on a local reputation!

So many choices! Thoughts everyone?

Looks like quite a few newly promoted teams (especially the Mexicans and Spanish) who would be quite a bit of a gamble. Brazil and Guarani would be my favourite. You mentioned yourself they were not doing so bad, wealth of talent to tap into and they seem much bigger than most of the others.

After having a think I thought that going got Altamira would've been a better team for me. Starting off a new season, having a possible revamp of the side before the season starts, get the team playing my way etc...

altamira-fc-logo1-150x150.jpg

Name: Altamira Fútbol Club or Estudiantes de Altamira

Nickname: Los Estudiantes

Founded: 2001

Stadium: Estadio Altamira (13,500 all-seater)

altamirabackground.jpg

Our media prediction is 12th. There is quite a bit of building to do in the side before the season starts. So I best get on my way and start it off!

Booo, should have gone with Poli Ejido. No squad players and £41k to build and mould a great side.

Good luck anyway dude :thup:.

Have to agree that building the entire squad would make it very personal and fun. Maybe makes it easier than being stuck with someone else's trash locked down on long-term contracts though.

Board Expectations;

Mexican Promotion League opening stage:- Minimum expectation is to earn a safe mid-table position

Mexican Promotion League closing stage:- Minimum expectation is to earn a safe mid-table position

Budget(s);

Transfer:- £62,500

Wage:- £61,779 (Currently spending £55,837)

Balance:- £116,433

My expectations for the season, aren't set too high as this is my first year in charge, and there is a lot of rebuilding that needs to go on. Get shut of dead wood, bring in a lot better players than we currently have. I'd probably go with the boards expectations and try and get myself a safe mid-table position.

Squad;

Key Players: ST: Franciso Ibanez, Horacio Gimenez LB: Alvin Mendoza

preseasonfixtures.jpg

Pretty standard pre-season, I wasn't in charge for those losses. So good to get 3 wins in the bag to take us into the season.

Food for thought though now, as that Elonai Rocha chap has started scoring and we have Ibanez, and I only play 1 up front! Somebodies going to be upset on gameday about not starting :D

Good luck Jay, hopefully by the time you take over Liverpool they'll be down in League 2 or something. :D

If we carry on with how we're doing in real life, that could be a huge possibilit

Good to see a new creator of a career thread! Welcome, Generation Next. :)
Nice place to start mate. Good luck with this and I shall be following closely :thup:.
I love it when people start somewhere unusual. You never know what to expect. This should be worth following.

Thats exactly what I though. Spain seems a bit to close to home for my liking.

Good luck with this :)

Cheers for the warm welcome guys, just about play second game of the season!

GN's Career - July/August 2011 - Altamira F.C.

Promotion League opening stage

julyaugustseason1altami.jpg

altamirajulyaugustseaso.jpg

A very interesting first month in charge. The first game of the season which was against a team who were favorites over me, made me nearly break my laptop screen. After going 2-0 up. The referee decided to ignore a blatant foul on my left back from their winger, who crossed it in, which resulted in a goal. Francisco Ibanez, who already on a yellow card, was incredulous and went and told the referee exactly what he thought of the decision, which got him a second yellow. So what turned out to be a very pleasing start to his Altamira career by setting up Jorge Collazo, then banging one in himself, turned into a disastrous day for him. I told the media that he'll be straight back into the side when he returns from the ban.

The next game was pretty disappointing, we had most of the ball, but just couldn't convert out chances into goals.

Leon was next, who again were made favorites over me, went ahead first. I managed to make a great come back, which was started by a world class diving header from my main center back, Rojas.

Nothing specific could be said about the game against Lubos. Just a good, professional job against the team who were top of the league going into that game.

Last game of the month. Toros Neza. It was a boring game up until the 82nd minute, where Ibanez scored his first goal since returning from the ban. Taking the ball down well, and knocking it round the keeper to finish. In fairness, we have defended well this month against teams that are much stronger than us, but on the 92nd minute, we switched off, went static at the back and some nice football managed to get it through our center backs. The game ended all-square.

--

So as you can see, a decent start to the season, I hope I can carry on the decent form and stay in the 'yellow' zone. Not got a bloody clue what happens if I stay in that zone, but I hope I stay in it.

Other Info: I was horrified to see that the transfer window for domestic signings ended on the 5th of July. I started the game on the 7th. Only 3 non Mexicans are allowed in the team, and we already had 2. I hadn't realized that the window has ended, so I continued to make bids and sign players, only to notice that they'll come on the 20th December. Here are my signings anyway

Ricardo Balderas 5* potential, looks very good for this level IMO.

Humberto Hernandez Was going to be #1. Until I saw how my current guy is playing. Competition!

Pablo Metlich Back up for the right wing.

Octavio Valdez Again, another squad player

Joaquin Velazquez Will be thrown straight into the heart of my defense when he arrives.

That's the main part of the monthly update. I have a little bit extra though for my next post

GN's Career - September 2011 - Altamira F.C.

leaguetableseptember11.png

leaguetable111.png

leaguetable111.png

We've done amazingly this month, picking up 4 wins in 4 games. 12 goals being scored, only 3 conceded which leaves us with a +9 for the month. We've also put ourselves 4points clear of UdeG which is great, as that means we can avoid dropping down a place if we make a slip-up in one of the games

Against C.A. Hidalgo, everything sort of just came together. Passes were being completed, shots were hitting the target and we played with a bit of fluidity to the side.

We did however get a bit lucky against La Piedad. After I went 1-0 up, they brought it back to 1-1, I went 2-1 up, they brought it back to 2-2. And with not long remaining, a series of calamitous mistakes, which reminded me a bit of a Laurel & Hardy sketch, they scored an O.G

Ibanez, is starting to find some good form, with 3 in 4 this month. The keeper is still saving us at times between the sticks, and the back 4 are doing brilliantly. Not sure why I had feared that the defense might not be up to the task when I first came.So then. I'm top, unbeaten. Let's see what October has in store for us.

(bare with me, while I try and get the images to a viewable size).

GN's Career - October 2011 - Altamira F.C.

october2011fixtures.png

october2011leaguetable.png

Would somebody mind enlightening me on how this happened?

I knew that I'd be up against it against Dorados and Celaya. But Necaxa and Merida though, give me a break!

1 point from a possible 12. Ridiculous. I'm not missing any key players, although Ibanez was injured against Dorados so missed the last game, that's no excuse though.

I can't really say anything else about October.

The first game of November is against Indios though, must win game! Roll on November.

GN's Career - November/December 2011 - Altamira F.C.

(Part one)

Promotion League Opening Stage

november2011fixtures.png

openingstagefinalleague.png

Delighted to of not been embarrassed by Indios. Although I will have to miss out on the opportunity of Mike buying me a curry :(

Was dreading playing UdeG aswell if I'm being honest, because they had been playing well also. Managed to beat them quite comfortably though.

Overall I am quite well with how the opening stage went, apart from October though clearly.

My job is also 'Very secure' with a board. They were delighted that I managed to reach the 'Promotion League opening stage - open' which is obviously what I was entered into after getting a play-off spot.

More to come in the next post about that.

GN's Career - November/December 2011 - Altamira F.C.

(Part two)

After placing 2nd I was entered into the

Promotion League Open

Qtr Final

quarterfinalleg1b.png

Great away win against a team who beat me in the league. Taking a 2 goal lead back to our place, I was confident in a good result in the 2nd leg.

quarterfinalleg2.png

I obviously thought, like I'm sure many of you did, that I was out of the cup. Until I got a message saying, I'm into the Semi-Finals after being the higher seeded team from the tie!

Semi Finals

semifinal1.png

Must say, I'm very disappointed with that. Lack of possession, lack of shots. Just basically walked over if I'm honest. Awful display. Let's see if we improved in the home leg.

semi2.png

Better display. Had more of the ball, got some shots on target but it just wasn't our day. Great first half of the year though, onto the Closing stage of the Promotion League.

GN's Career - January 2012 - Altamira F.C.

Promotion League Closing Stage

closingstagejanuary12.png

closingstagejanuary12ta.png

Not made the best of starts to the closing stage and I'm pretty gutted about that. Especially since I brought in some new players to strengthen.

I brought in a few loanee's to try and help me with my push for promotion

Jose Angel Hernandez

My other LB has awful stamina too, so they'll be rotating every game

Juan Jose Calderon

Brought in as a first team CM. Better than any of the other junk I've got here currently

Juan Francisco Sillero

So, I clearly bought Juan and got Juan free :cool:

He'll rotate with Ibanez

That's about it for January.

Im confused :confused: ha. Very weird system in that league.

Don't worry. I'll be gone at the end of the season, one way or another. So you'll be able to follow my updates without getting confused :D - It doesn't even tell me how I am able to get promoted in the league rules. It just tells me how I can be relegated! The team with the "Least Average Points" Will get get relegated. I'm extremely bamboozled

GN's Career - Feb/March/April - Altamira F.C.

End of season report.

febmarchapril2012.png

febmarchapril2012table.png

So what a bizarre turn around in our fortunes between the Opening stage, and closing stage. Wasn't expecting that.

February was just as bad as January. Although we did improve going into March, because we actually managed to win a game.

We did finish the season quite strongly though, picking up a 4-0 over Indios. (Still no curry from Mike)

I'm very disappointed because I thought after the opening stage, we might actually have a chance to get to the First division. We just went dead though in the second half of the season.

Here are my players of the season

Jesus Otero

My main centerback. Usually played brilliantly but if he had a bad day, it would be a very very bad day.

Guillermo Rangel

Quite injury prone, but was great when he played. Very consistent

Cesar Morales

Best winger by far, and has been nominated for 'Winger of Year' in the Promotion League.

Francisco Ibanez

Scored goals, although I expected him to score more. Had a decent season, nothing more. (deserved to be in this list though due to being our top goalscorer).

--

According to the board, even after that awful second half of the season, I am untouchable.

I'm not really bothered about that though. I do not have any desire to stay in the unbelievably bizarre, and confusing league.

Strangely enough, I too was offered the Darlington job. Just like SRL88 did. After seeing how much fun he had, and where he got them to in the league. I decided I'd accept their offer too.

They had been relegated in the 10/11 season. So I should get them back to the BSP. Hopefully. I suppose that I may aswell do a new club update, although you can see all the information you need about Darlington over in SRL88's thread :D

darlington.jpg

Name:Darlington Football Club

Nickname:The Quakers

Stadium:Darlington Arena (25,033 all-seater)

abackground.png

Board Expectations:

Blue Square Bet North: The minimum expectation is that the team win the Blue Square Bet North this season (No pressure there then)FA Cup: The minimum expectation is that the team reach the First Round of the FA Cup this season

FA Trophy:The minimum expectation is that the team reach the Fourth Round of the FA Trophy this season.

Budget(s):

Transfer:- £0

Wage:- £6,443(Currently spending £4,041)

Balance:-£192,898

Squad:

We've got quite a strong squad that should be able to bounce straight back up without any radical changes, but it's always nice to bring in a few of your own players. Which I will be doing.

Key Players:

Adam Rundle - LW: Greatly determined individual, who can deliver a fairly decent cross. Bit of pace about him.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson - AMC: Should absolutely destroy at this level.

darlington.jpg

GN's Career - August 2012 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Bet North

august2012fix.png

august2012league.png

Great start at Darlington. Nothing less than expected. Although I won't put the Champagne on ice just yet *Remembers what happened in Mexico*

Made some signings who I believe will be great. Either great starters or great back-up.

Signings:

Nick Arnold: He's going to be an extremely important member of my side this year. Reading offered him for £0.

Yalany Baio: A free agent who made his debut against Hinckley. Created a goal, and scored a goal. Back-up.

Chris Innes: I have 2 other great CB's so will be rotated constantly, £3k from Arbroath

Danny Meadows: Another free agent, who again will be the all important back up to the key guys.

darlington.jpg

GN's Career - September 2012 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Bet North

septemberfixtures2012.png

septemberleague2012.png

Pretty shambolic display this month, scraping through to win games. We should be battering teams but we just can't seem to keep hold of the ball, give it away needlessly. I guess that's what Lower League football is all about. Never a dull moment :D

Awful display against Sheffield in the FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd - We've got Whitby in the next stage. Hopefully a good performance can come from that.

Archived