THE OTF Uefa.com McDonald`s EURO 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

Pablo DiscoBar

My team for the QF:

Hart

Lescott, Pique, Hummels

Ozil, Fabregas, Pilar, Giaccherini

Rooney, Welbeck, Gomez

Should get some good points there.

What happens when Italy put on a defensive masterclass and England get a clean sheet on them? (i.e. 2/3 of your strikers get a couple of points for showing up) ;)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happens when Italy put on a defensive masterclass and England get a clean sheet on them? (i.e. 2/3 of your strikers get a couple of points for showing up) ;)

Hmm, good point there acutally, may change it slighty. When is the unlimited transfers up? Before the Portugal/Czech game i would imagine?..

Hmm, good point there acutally, may change it slighty. When is the unlimited transfers up? Before the Portugal/Czech game i would imagine?..

"Transfers for Quarter-finals must be confirmed by 21 June 20:30 CET."

In the top 7% so far :cool:

Team for the quarters:

Neuer; Badstuber, Boateng, Hummels, Pique, Arbeloa; Moutinho, Veloso, Pilar, Jiracek, Marchisio; Nani, Silva, Cassano.

If Germany don't keep a clean sheet then I'm ****ed :D

Definitely wouldn't have that many German defenders. Change Boateng for Coentrao maybe? Or Hummels. IIRC Hummels is 7 and Coentrao is 6.5 so you'd be saving money too.

Greece will not only score, but will win ;)

Mine atm. Will probably change before the deadline.

Casillas

Badstuber Alba Pepe

Pirlo Schweinsteiger Pilař Jiráček

Gomez Torres Ronaldo

Hart

Fortounis

Maniatis

Gebre Selassie

Well good first QF for me. Rui Patricio picking up 6 points with Joao Pereira and Joao Moutinho with 7 points and Ronaldo as my captain getting 12. Got 4 Germans playing tomorow so hoping for a goal or two and a clean sheet.

38 points from 6 players, not bad. Moutinho and Coentrao with 7, Patricio and captain Ronaldo with 6. Selassie and Pilar with 3 each which isn't too bad, I'll see what happens in tomorrow's game before making changes. Maniatis, Schweinsteiger, Ozil and Boateng playing tomorrow. Got Torres, Welbeck and Gerrard waiting on the bench, which I'm pretty happy with.

Big question though, give someone else the captaincy or just leave it?

Gomez, Ozil or Hummels as captain for the Germany game against Greece?

I expect Germany to keep a clean sheet so that would be 12 points for Hummels but i also reckon Germany will score 2/3 (Ozil and Gomez) should get some big points as captain there.

Decisions, decisions...

Haha I'm the only person left with 3 losses in the H2H league :( which is annoying because someone with less points has 2 wins and 1 loss ffs. Luck of the draw and all that.

Just realised this isn't true because there's a 2nd page of the table :) who's bright idea at UEFA was it to have 65 per page on the tables? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I had Podolski and Gomez upfront at one stage before i confirmed my transfers for the QF stage so thank **** i didn't keep them both. Kept Gomez but swapped Podolski with Ronaldo. Anyway, Boateng and Hummels to get a clean sheet and Ozil to score/assist is what i want from tonight's game.

Captain Gomez. If that fecking German manager didnt sub him on, I'd have 9 points (Salpingidis) coming off the bench. Nice trolling Low. Cant see Xavi, Iniesta or Benzema getting dropped somehow.

Captain Gomez. If that fecking German manager didnt sub him on, I'd have 9 points (Salpingidis) coming off the bench. Nice trolling Low. Cant see Xavi, Iniesta or Benzema getting dropped somehow.

Your mistake really, should have players playing first in your team over others who play later. IE Salpingidis should've been in your 11 instead of Xavi, Iniesta or Benzema

Actually thinking of putting in Jack Butland, desperate to free up some cash. Might take out Ronaldo as well as that would free up loads but he's starting to hit form, don't want to risk that.

Delighted to have moved to a provisional 2nd place in the OTF table. :thup:

However bragging is pointless when "Dangerous Dave" is murdering everyone here, 25 points lead over myself. 27th in the global table of 557 THOUSAND players is impressive. :eek:

Today I've got Alba, Busquets, Xabi Alonso and Torres to play (after having subbed Thomas Muller and Hummels).. not the most reliable points scorers from Spain but I just had to pick 4 spaniards thinking of the next round already. ;) (did the same with Portugal and Germany). Whoever scores the less is then going to be replaced by Marchisio afterwards.

It's ridiculously tight from 2nd to 7th place in the OTF league :D 5th atm which I'm happy with, top in my two other leagues. Despite having Alba in my team, I hope Spain concede tonight. Guy in 2nd in one of my league has Alba, Arbeloa and Casillas. If they keep a clean sheet he'll probably overtake me.

Delighted to have moved to a provisional 2nd place in the OTF table. :thup:

However bragging is pointless when "Dangerous Dave" is murdering everyone here, 25 points lead over myself. 27th in the global table of 557 THOUSAND players is impressive. :eek:

Today I've got Alba, Busquets, Xabi Alonso and Torres to play (after having subbed Thomas Muller and Hummels).. not the most reliable points scorers from Spain but I just had to pick 4 spaniards thinking of the next round already. ;) (did the same with Portugal and Germany). Whoever scores the less is then going to be replaced by Marchisio afterwards.

you can't have done too badly today. did you have alonso captain?

Archived