FM12: Eurasian Coast to Coast Journey

Rikulec

Hello and welcome to my first attempt at creating my own thread in the FMCU. The idea of this save hit me suddenly while I was taking a dump and I thought: hell, that's gonna be fun! I hope my first career thread won't see me hitting the wall with my head. My aim is to start in China and go all the way through Asia and Europe. Destination: Portugal. I'll be trying to win every possible trophy in all countries, but I'll be moving clubs as soon as a reasonable opportunity arises. No skipping countries and no going back after I move across the border. What leagues did I load?

China: down to second tier

Russia: down to second tier

Ukraine: down to second tier

Poland: down to second tier

Germany: down to third tier

France: down to third tier

Spain: down to third tier

Portugal: down to third tier

And that's the order of the way I'll be following... hopefully.

The big journey starts at...

35i3lp4.png

Expectations

20i6lid.jpg

Just great. They don't know me and I don't know them, yet they still expect me to win promotion in my first season in charge. Well, this is some ambitious team, especially when you take this into consideration:

Club information

2ymvsiv.jpg

10efn0j.jpg

A 60k all-seater and only 858 season ticket holders. It looks more than likely that our big ground will be nothing but liability as we won't be able to fill it. I just hope it won't cause a major financial slump. Furthermore, the team was founded just four years ago, got promoted into the second tier in the same year and now they want Super League football. The chairman is looking to step aside though, I hope I won't get the sacking early on the game!

Finances

351u0c6.jpg

A decent budget to work with will be needed. The club isn't spending much on wages and the only thing that concerns me is the stadium. We shouldn't have any financial difficulities in the near future though.

Squad

2hi74hd.jpg

The squad looks fairly big at a first glance, but I wouldn't mind bringing in a quality AMC. I do have a good base to start my work on and that's what I'm happy with.

Staff

11jtbfd.jpg

Five coaches and no assistant or scouts? You must be kidding me. The club's staff needs revamping and this will be the first thing I'm going to do.

That will be all for today, more updates tomorrow!

Most of my moments of clarity come when I'm making a visit to the Arabs to be honest.

I always enjoy a good Asian save (haven't actually had one on FM12 yet). China's a tough nut to crack so good luck :thup:.

January 2012

Club investments

2wfp8qw.jpg

6s5p9j.jpg

I'm happy the board accepted both my requests. I'd like to give the best of my youth a chance to have a shot at the big time and investing money in them will certainly help to increase quality of my products.

Transfers

219qqdz.jpg

Two out, seven in. Li and Hao (left back and striker respectively) weren't able to provide enough quality and had to be sold. We made a reasonable fee of £18K from these moves to add it to our £200K transfer budget. I was forced to build a team mainly from Chinese players due to league rules. Yu Yang was brought in to replace Lee Yoon-Sup who's out for the whole season because of knee ligaments injury. We were dealt a serious blow and had to splash £50K for a player of similar quality to the South Korean. Peng Shaoxiong was brought in for three reasons. He was good, cheap and I had only one left winger in the team. Former Guangzhou player is much better than Li Gen and surely will get much more minutes on the pitch. Zhang Chi was brought in due to lack of quality right back in the team. I'm happy because £4.5K is a very low fee for such a good player. Zhu Baojie will be a backup player in case our first choice AMC (I'll talk about him later) is unavailable. Wang Hongyou is similar to my other left back, Xu Wenbin and friendlies will decide which one of them will play in starting eleven.

Before we signed these Chinese guys, two Africans were brought to the club for free. Seydou Kante and Wassiou Oladikpikpo are by far the best players in the club. They are the guys I'll be building the team around for the next few years. They're not young and I'll probably be needing replacements for them sooner than later, but their signings will be a massive help in our promotion battle. The other candidates are strong, so we needed to strenghten too. I hope these guys won't disappoint me.

Fixtures

2u7twfc.jpg

Only one match was played in January and it was against a Super League side Liaoning. I had no idea what to expect from them. In the first half we got absolutely hammered, Dongjin dominated possesion, but every time they had the ball, they were dangerous. Gu Junjie saved two one-on-ones and it's his service that let us finish the first half with 0:0. I had to make some tactical changes during half time and the match became much more equal. The lads didn't keep me waiting too long though. Oladikpikpo scored with a beautiful curling 30-yarder after a clearance from our corner kick in 52nd minute of the game. His goal was followed by Peng Shaoxiong finishing a beautiful and totally unexpected killer ball from Le Beisi just two minutes later. After that quickfire double we sat back and calmly got rid of any danger Liaoning tried to create. They had one great chance fifteen minutes before the final whistle, but again Gu Junjie performed fantastically and saved another one-on-one. Bookies described this as an unexpected win, but now I have some idea of quality of my team. If we maintain the quality from the second half of my first game in charge, promotion seems to be achievable.

The best ideas always arise on the bog. Best of luck.
Good luck with this :thup:

I remember I couldn't think of a song name for days, then one day on the toilet... I finally thought of it.

Oh yeah, bathroom is a magical place.

That's a long journey ahead.

It is indeed, I can't wait to see what happens on the way!

Good luck buddy, hope it all goes well!
Good luck fella :thup:.
Most of my moments of clarity come when I'm making a visit to the Arabs to be honest.

I always enjoy a good Asian save (haven't actually had one on FM12 yet). China's a tough nut to crack so good luck :thup:.

Good luck in Asia!

Thanks guys. You can expect another update tomorrow or maybe today in the evening, it depends on a few things which I have no influence on.

Like Marco Polo, but in reverse! Interesting idea
Best of luck in China,I've always enjoyed managing there

Thanks, I do enjoy it too so far, promotion seems like a good challenge.

February 2012

Club investments

2rp7frq.jpg

The board is very cooperative and I'm glad to see that they want the club to grow. We need good facilities if we want to be competitive in the Super League. We'll be losing money though and we won't be making serious cash from gate receipts in First Division. I'm hoping for a good cup run in the first season and some profits from it.

Fixtures

2w6cjno.jpg

The match against Shenbei was meant to help our match fitness, but I also wanted to raise the players' morale before two tough friendlies. They've beaten their first February opponents just as I expected, dominating in every aspect of the game. South Korean sides Gwangju and Suwon are much better though and I was a bit afraid of a possible drop in morale. It was a good exam of our quality though and the players got an A+ in it. The first half of Gwangju game was boring, both teams taking only a total of five shots. I had to make some changes in half time because my players were running low on stamina. Backup AMC Zhu Baojie scored a fantastic goal, dribbling past two defenders and hammering the ball by the near post from the edge of the box. Striker Zhu Dayi earned himself a place in the first team by finishing a long pass from right back Li Yian, getting past the keeper and tapping it in. Ren Peng scored the last goal just before the stoppage time, heading it in after a good cross from a corner.

Then came Suwon, one of the best South Korean teams, exceeding us in terms of quality, budget, fan base, well, everything. But we absolutely dominated them in the first half. 65% in possesion, more shots, more chances, yet no goals. And again I had to bring my best players off the pitch because I didn't want them to get injured in a meaningless friendly. That's where the trouble started. Players from the bench couldn't compete and got hit with a quickfire double. We could only respond with Zhou Han's goal in 96th minute. I'm very happy with the first half performance though, it made me very optimistic.

Dongbeihu never looked like any danger and got comfortably beaten. Our force in midfield was unbreakable for them. Zhu Baojie proved that he's not any worse than Oladikpikpo despite of a huge gap in attributes.

Injuries

35hpag2.jpg

Only four, but Kante, Yoon-Sup and potentially Zhanbo would be my first choice players if they were match fit. We'll have to play the first few games without them and probably the whole season without Yoon-Sup. Wenbin, a second choice left back will be available for our last pre-season friendly. I hope this is not going to get worse.

Decent pre season there unlucky with the injuries mate. Good luck will be reading
It's a shame about those injuries to Kante & Yoon-Sup. I'm sure you'll do ok without them though.
Injuries are a big shame!

Yeah...

March 2012

Club news

35dc40y.jpg

I don't know what to think about it. Takeover could give us a cash injection but the current chairman seemed like an ambitious one who wanted to help me build a well-functioning, modern football club. Nothing is confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll have that takeover sooner than later. I just hope I'll keep the job.

Injuries

ief6mb.jpg

Another player from our starting eleven is out. A CB whom I spent £50K on. Just great.

Fixtures

6xw7pi.jpg

A month that got me fuming. We played two amateur sides to get a morale boost before our first competitive game. The match against GFW Football School was a disaster. They got the lead twice and these were their only shots in the game. We dominated, but only managed to get a draw. I hoped to bounce back against CD Laoyou and we did. First 20 minutes were quiet, but then... bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. 5:0 at half time and I bring on all the subs. They played well and managed to put one more goal into the back of the net. This got me confident before the league start, but this GFW disaster still was in the back of my head.

Rizhiquan. Team predicted to win the league. Away. What a way to start the season. I hoped Le Beisi and Oladikpikpo would dominate midfield, but I decided to focus on wing play to break their 4-2-3-1. 30 seconds into the match and we're a goal down. A misunderstanding between Ren Peng and Gu Junjie results in a goal. The worst possible start. They were looking likely to score another one within first 15 minutes, so I abandoned my original idea and got back to my narrow tactic which focuses on passing the ball through the middle and which I developed over the course of pre-season. This resulted in a more equal game. Rizhiquan were unable to get through our defence line while we tried to pass our way into their penalty box. Oladikpikpo and Zhu Dayi were terrible, wasting chance after chance. This couldn't end well and Rizhiquan scored another goal ten minutes into the second half. It seems like we tend to lose concentration after half time and that's something I'll have to work on. Having nothing to lose, I brought Zhu Baojie on for Oladikpikpo and went all out attack. We dominated the last fifteen minutes and should have scored more than just this one goal. Zhu Dayi missed an absolute sitter before Li Yi'nan scored from a corner in 90th minute. We didn't have enough time to try and hit them once more and we lost. I think I'll consider fielding Zhu Baojie instead of Oladikpipko. The Chinese plays well every time he gets his chance while the African is very inconsistent.

April 2012

Club news

5nlkyg.jpg

It's been going on for over a month now and I hope to get some clarification soon.

Fixtures

smy7g0.jpg

We started the month with a win against Xiangtao, a side against which we'll play in the Chinese Cup first round in May. It wasn't an easy game and our rivals were the first team to score just ten minutes into the match. Zhu Baojie who got his chance in the first team equalised six minutes after that and Hao Yonghe needed just three minutes more to put us one in front. After that things calmed down and the match turned into a tough midfield battle. Both us and Xiangtao had our chances, but the match opened up again in the last fifteen minutes when I brought Oladikpikpo on. He scored a beautiful 35-yarder and calmly finished a one-on-one just four minutes after to make it 4:1. Our rivals scored their last goal in stoppage time with Liu Shuai hammering the ball into the top corner from the edge of penalty box.

Then we went away to Shenbei. The match was boring and there were almost no goal scoring opportunities for either us or the home team. Xiao Zhanbo scored from the penalty spot in 53th minute. Six minutes later Shenbei's right back Hao Qiang was sent off, but we couldn't make a use of it. I'm happy with the three points, although I was expecting more goals, given how comfortably we beat Shenbei in the pre-season.

A week later... I still have no idea what happened. The game was similar to our draw against GFW Football School a month and a half before, but this time we couldn't even find the back of the net once. It was my first game in charge where we didn't score a single goal. Chongqing scored from a flukey corner, Ren Peng tried to clear the ball from the goal line but miskicked it and it went in. We pushed them, but they defended well and our long shots weren't a threat.

After that loss our morale was rock bottom. We had to bounce back immediately when a good chance arised. Before the game Junhao were 13th in the league with three points from three draws and one loss. I made some slight changes to our line-up, mainly to field the players who had the highest morale. I didn't worry about the quality of the subs. We were 2:0 up at half time. Peng Shaoxiong ruthlessly raped Junhao's 3-4-3, making run after run and scoring a goal in 34th minute. Wassiou Oladikpikpo set the scoreline to 1:0 twenty minutes earlier, finding the top corner from edge of the box free kick. I brought Zhu Baojie on the pitch at half time and things went tricky. We were unable to create chances, but our opponents couldn't harm us too. They finally scored twenty minutes before the final whistle and started pushing harder and harder. We managed to defend the lead and went back home with three points.

Zhu Dayi was great in the pre-season, but now it's five games in and he still has no goals and only one assist. His potential replacement, Zhou Han hasn't scored too, but he was only given one chance in Chongqing game. If my strikers maintain their poor form, I'll be in trouble.

League table

34q2328.jpg

We're sitting in the fourth place, four points behind the leader and three behind promotion spot. It's pretty tight now and we'll have to pick up as many points as we can now to build an advantage over mid-table and push for first or second place. It's not going to be easy, but who said it was?

Injuries

2z827fb.jpg

Guess what. Another CB out. There's good news though as Yu Yang has fully recovered from his injury and will replace Yi'nan. But there's a bigger problem with Oladikpikpo and Kante. I could send the winger home as he's still recovering from injury and this will surely help him, but Oladikpikpo is too important for me and I can't afford to lose him for a month. I don't trust Zhu Baojie that much and given that my strikers don't score, AMC is very important for us as both Baojie and Oladikpikpo provide the most goals in the team, closely followed by wingers Hao Yonghe and Peng Shaoxiong.

Archived