SuperDan's Great British County League System

SuperDan!

After the whole Rangers fiasco and the fact that the whole Scottish league system needs a restructure, UEFA decided to completely disband the Scottish FA, thus eradicating all leagues and teams involved. The players are released and told to find new clubs.

In replacement of the Scottish FA, UEFA decided to create the British FA and gave a club to each county or subdivision in England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland, as well as some island dependencies. The teams would have their colours based upon their county flag and would play at the main stadiums in that shire.

The teams were sorted into leagues based upon reputations of clubs in the area, populations (and a couple on personal preference).

There are 5 leagues:

-Premiership

thebritishpremiershipov.png

-Championship

greatbritishcountychamp.png

-Division 2

greatbritishcountiesdiv.png

And the Regional Leagues:

- Western and Eastern divisions (semi pro teams)

greatbritishcountieswes.png

The reputations of the leagues are the same as the Scottish leagues that they replaced.

The Premier teams have the same reputation as Blackburn Rovers and have £50m.

Championship: Same as Hull and have £30m.

Div 2: Huddersfield, £15m

Regionals: Crewe, £10m.

The cups involve a FA Cup, as well as a Regional County Cup, where counties play in an English, Welsh, Scottish or N. Irish cup. The winner of these cups enter a cup winners cup to determine the best county region. This gives the lower reputable areas a chance to do well for themselves by gaining funds and hopefully try to reduce the dominance of leagues that Celtic and Rangers once fought over.

The European spots are the same as the Scottish were given.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you enjoy the database!

I chose Lincs there as Lincoln, Grimsby used to do well, Scunthorpe still are, and the stadium is bigger than others :p. As for players, they're generated randomly, some have some good talent from the area (regens) whenever I have trialled seasons, but if you want a real challenge, start with real players and have an empty squad. There's a lot of former Scottish league players up for grabs!

Ive just downloaded this and plan to use real players at first then may start again with regens at some point. I am going to start with Tyne & Wear as im a Newcastle fan. Has anyone else actually played on this yet and if so what are your views.

I really like this, I downloaded it but have not yet played it. What would be cool would be to sort all the players from the area into that county team. Obviously players would move pretty quickly and it would be a HUGE task as there are lots of players from lots of places and some even cross borders etc.

Still I might edit this a bit myself to put all the Lincolnshire players in one team for me to play with along with as many other counties I could do (the smaller ones are easier).

For example I have recently made a Cornish database for someone, took about 20 mins to find all the players in the database for that county and that included all the research. It could be done for a majority of them but would it be worth the effort and could it be done collaboratively?

I know I could do Lincolnshire very quickly (probably name most of them off by heart) and Cornwall now (only thanks to LazyFig). If you did only the best 30 players or something that might be a good compromise??

I really like this, I downloaded it but have not yet played it. What would be cool would be to sort all the players from the area into that county team. Obviously players would move pretty quickly and it would be a HUGE task as there are lots of players from lots of places and some even cross borders etc.

Still I might edit this a bit myself to put all the Lincolnshire players in one team for me to play with along with as many other counties I could do (the smaller ones are easier).

For example I have recently made a Cornish database for someone, took about 20 mins to find all the players in the database for that county and that included all the research. It could be done for a majority of them but would it be worth the effort and could it be done collaboratively?

I know I could do Lincolnshire very quickly (probably name most of them off by heart) and Cornwall now (only thanks to LazyFig). If you did only the best 30 players or something that might be a good compromise??

It's still better than some others. This one has correct county and district names, East Riding instead of a long defunct county like Humberside, for example. I like.

Sounds like a cracking idea, might round up county born players and sort them. Don't think there'll be many for the Shetlands, Orkney or outer hebrides though! Or isle of man! But worth a try.

And of course you can, it replaces Scotland, so you can have England and as many leagues as you want. Just not the Scottish now :p

It's still better than some others. This one has correct county and district names, East Riding instead of a long defunct county like Humberside, for example. I like.

;)

Sounds like a cracking idea, might round up county born players and sort them. Don't think there'll be many for the Shetlands, Orkney or outer hebrides though! Or isle of man! But worth a try.

And of course you can, it replaces Scotland, so you can have England and as many leagues as you want. Just not the Scottish now :p

I usually start by working out what town, cities etc fit into the area. Then I search through the database to find those born there. The only time is in doing the research for each region. Helps if you know the area well. I am happy to collaberate in research if required. Just assign me some regions and I will go off and do the work.

Cheers dude, any help is appreciated if this is wanted by people! I made this database for fun, I saw someone put a county league a few years ago in a previous FM, and thought I would just expand on the idea to all of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So if you guys want to edit it to your own preferences, then definitely go ahead, I just wanted to share my work with you lot so it is put to good use! This is for your personal enjoyment and anything that will improve the database I will be more than happy to work on and help would be much appreciated!

Cheers dude, any help is appreciated if this is wanted by people! I made this database for fun, I saw someone put a county league a few years ago in a previous FM, and thought I would just expand on the idea to all of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So if you guys want to edit it to your own preferences, then definitely go ahead, I just wanted to share my work with you lot so it is put to good use! This is for your personal enjoyment and anything that will improve the database I will be more than happy to work on and help would be much appreciated!

Well let me know your intentions so we don't double on work. That spreadsheet will get things started, we can either do the work in turn or if you dont have the time I will give it a go as I have a pretty free weekend and I am looking for a project.

I'll be working all weekend so if you get started and I'll catch up when the weekend is done, if you're looking for a project!

Great, I will get cracking. PM me when you are done and I will send you what I have. I will probably work at random, it will be interesting when finished! Like a mini county championship, could throw up some interesting challenges!

EDIT: Off to a great start!

We need to set some rules for player inclusion at clubs.

For premiership teams they need a PA or CA of above 115.

Championship teams its 80 (unless they are running short of players)

Not decided for lower leagues yet but these are taken from scanning through a few english clubs from these levels. It should ensure they are not filled with pointless no hopers who could have stayed at their original clubs.

EDIT of the EDIT:

I am leaving london alone for the time being, someone who knows the area well should do that. I have no idea what the difference is between greater london and the city of london lol

We need to set some rules for player inclusion at clubs.

For premiership teams they need a PA or CA of above 115.

Championship teams its 80 (unless they are running short of players)

Had to be a little lenient with this, places like Dorset needed it lowering to under 80 where Manchester got away with 105. Glasgow and Edinburgh needed 125 and above. I have not forgotten about -7, -8, -9 and -10, players with those PA have been added too. Some I included -6 as a catchall to increase squad size.

I have gone or a target squad size of 40-50 players, this should fill the first, reserve and youth nicely

Yeah i was about to mention the thing deplorable did. Glasgow and Edinburgh would have to be chopped in half. Scotland has too many problems that would be made worse by merging major teams.

Yeah i was about to mention the thing deplorable did. Glasgow and Edinburgh would have to be chopped in half. Scotland has too many problems that would be made worse by merging major teams.

What I am doing is "working", I am sure some purists would pull it apart but I am doing the best I can!

At the moment it looks like Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh are going to be making up the top 3. Once someone sorts out Greater and Central London I am sure that will change. I still think it will be a 5 or 6 horse race at the top!

EDIT: I am now 7 teams done, 3 or so need further work to fill 40+ slots in the team (seems to be min 40 required to stop lots if transfers) but it looks pretty good atm! Early test suggest we might have to do some tweaking to avoid mass transfers in from abroad. Domestic however seems to be limited by squad size.

What I am doing is "working", I am sure some purists would pull it apart but I am doing the best I can!

At the moment it looks like Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh are going to be making up the top 3. Once someone sorts out Greater and Central London I am sure that will change. I still think it will be a 5 or 6 horse race at the top!

EDIT: I am now 7 teams done, 3 or so need further work to fill 40+ slots in the team (seems to be min 40 required to stop lots if transfers) but it looks pretty good atm! Early test suggest we might have to do some tweaking to avoid mass transfers in from abroad. Domestic however seems to be limited by squad size.

I know mate, i know how difficult doing these can be, haven't done one properly since i failed to do an indepandant scotland database - think i'll be able to do this for FM13 though, came up with an idea. Not sure if it'll work though. And before that the last database i tried was the Votadini one you attempted to help me with.

In the tweeking for forgiegn signings i believe theres a signing bit in the nation and on club menu's have a look at editing those, might help. Not sure if that will sort the problem, but might limit it.

I'll be working all weekend so if you get started and I'll catch up when the weekend is done, if you're looking for a project!

I think I should to leave the Yorkshire lot to you as you know the area well. I will focus on the Southern, West and Midlands counties as I have the time to research them. We just need someone to do the counties in each of Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Londons (Greater and Central).

It would be better if it was someone who knew the regions well and I would have done a lot of work by the time we get round to them. is there anyone able to offer to do them in the near future?

I should be finished with a big whack of the English counties soon, seem to be able to complete about 4 a night and partially do another 4 (so should be able have at least 28 completed by the end of the long weekend).

I think I should to leave the Yorkshire lot to you as you know the area well. I will focus on the Southern, West and Midlands counties as I have the time to research them. We just need someone to do the counties in each of Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Londons (Greater and Central).

It would be better if it was someone who knew the regions well and I would have done a lot of work by the time we get round to them. is there anyone able to offer to do them in the near future?

I should be finished with a big whack of the English counties soon, seem to be able to complete about 4 a night and partially do another 4 (so should be able have at least 28 completed by the end of the long weekend).

I could help with the Scottish Borders if either yourself or Superdan Pm's me what needs done for that area, I'll do what I can.

As far as London goes, you really have two choices.

Either leave it as you have, but realise that the City of London is utterly tiny (population 7000), and would be languishing in one of the regional leagues with few players and probably no stadium, and you'd have Greater London as totally dominant (population 8m+).

Or go with Inner London (3.5m ish based at Emirates) vs Outer London (4.5m ish based at Olympic stadium).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_London

I will finish doing a few nations and pass the file on. When its more filled pass it back in the future and I will do a few more. Should be ready to pass it on in the next few days, had a bit of a break today as I played golf and shot 6 under my handicap. Currently celebrating with a beer and watching the challenge cup on the i-player.

Process

I am trying to pick the best and potential best 50 players (fills 1st, reserve and youth teams) from each region and put them into the correct club

I am using the regional index created by ShanghaiNugget for the cities in each region. He needs to be credited for his contribution. http://www.mediafire.com/?e1ajgrucg1ab7rq

I set up my first filter like this:

Person type - Player
[b]AND[/b] City of birth IS [enter city name]  (here i tend to use the biggest city from the region ie Lincoln for Lincolnshire or Leicester for Leicestershire, the IS is important to ensure you get the players you want)

and add this for each additional town:

[b]Or[/b] City of birth IS [enter city name]

As proceed to find each town from the region that has players born it by adding each city on the list like this, if no players are born there I don't include it in the filter.

Once all the cities are complete I add in the PA and CA filters at the top and then it looks like this:

Person type - Player
[b]AND[/b] CA greater than 110
[b]OR[/b] PA greater than 110
[b]AND[/b] CA greater than 50   (helps keep out those with low CA but high PA by further filtering the PA players, set to about half of PA)
[b]OR[/b] PA between -7 and -10
[b]AND[/b] CA greater than 50   (helps keep out those with low CA but high PA by further filtering the PA players, set to about half of PA)
[b]AND[/b] City of birth IS [enter city name]  (here i tend to use the biggest city from the region ie Lincoln for Lincolnshire or Leicester for Leicestershire)
[b]Or[/b] City of birth IS [enter city name]   (another city that players from the region are born in)
[b]Or[/b] City of birth IS [enter city name]   (another city that players from the region are born in)

I continue the last filter part down for all the cities that have people born in them from the region.

I then adjust the CA, PA and PA random range (negative) numbers range to fit, see filters above. I then reduce the CA values first to avoid getting players of high PA but low CA. Once I have about 60+ people I sort them by age, highest first. I shift select everyone up to about age 27-29 and then using ctrl I manually pick out the older players I want to include (high CA players) but leave the ones with low CA and high PA. This usually leaves about 50 ish players for the county.

IMPORTANT Using the above technique it is easy to include older players (aged 30+) of low CA but high PA. If you do not wish to include these players I suggest reviewing data before changing the contracts with mass edit. I have just edited the above method help fix that.

IMPORTANT Check before progressing that the county has sufficient goal keepers, minimum 4 or 5.

IMPORTANT - Ensure each persons city is the correct ie English or Scottish etc, some cities share the name with a place elsewhere in the world! Check for any players who are are based abroad (ie not UK) by sorting the filter by nationality and also based nation. Ignore anyone from the "wrong" city when mass editing the contract. Once you have your local born players city list I do advise checking for multiples elsewhere in the world for those cities.

IMPORTANT If a town has St in its name then its St. in the database. Conversely if a town has Royal designation (Royal Wootton Basset) then its just Wootton Basset in the database (from what I have seen).

Completed so far:

Premier Division

Berkshire

Cardiff

Derbyshire

Dorset

E. Sussex

Edinbrough

Glasgow

Leicester

Manchester

Merseyside

Hampshire

Notts

Oxfordshire

Staffordshire

West Midlands

Championship

County Durham

Cumbria

Cheshire

Devon

Essex

Hertfordshire

Lancashire

Lincolnshire

Norfolk

Suffolk

West Sussex

Wiltshire

Div 2 & Below

Bedfordshire

Cambridgeshire

Gloucestershire

Herefordshire

Shropshire

Merthyr Tydfil

Newport

North Hants

Shropshire

Vale of Glamorgan (just swansea so far)

Warwickshire

Wrexham

Counties Eastern Division

Cornwall

Isle of Wight

Kent

Rutland- None found!!!

Surrey

Worcester

Counties Western Division

Briston & Avon

Using the above method I was able to do a county in about 20-30 minutes. It works really well but is not perfect, as I said earlier some manual sorting needs to be done.

Reserved/Left for Others

Premier Division

City of London- Anyone who knows the area (maybe inner London)

Greater London- Anyone who knows the area (maybe outer London)

S. Yorks -SuperDan!

W. Yorks -SuperDan!

Championship

Bucks - SuperDan!

East Riding - SuperDan!

Various Scottish - Anyone willing!

Div 2

North Yorkshire - SuperDan!

Various Scottish - Anyone willing!

Various N. Irish - Anyone willing!

Various Welsh - Anyone willing! Can be found in the regional index spreadsheet linked to above

OK I have done a fair whack today, Prem and Championship English teams done. I could carry on into the lower leagues if you guys like or if anyone wants to do some let me know and I will host up the file for SuperDan! to admin its use.

In other words I will keep plodding on with the championship teams until someone says they want a go! Its pretty easy, lots of fun and if we all work together we can do this pretty quick!

I have also double checked the Prem teams to ensure I have got as many good players as I can (as I improved my player finding method shown above). I think the method is pretty much there now so I am still bumbling away on the championship teams.

OOOOPSSS!!! got a bit carried away there!

Running some tests now, very interesting results!

Observations or suggested improvements:

1. All British players could be changed to British nationality. Either ALL British players or just those based in the new nation. Either way this will leave England in a VERY interesting state!
  2. Finances & Rep MIGHT need adjusting, both "British" and English clubs as well as some tweaks to England to stop them buying so many players.
  3. Some teams should be moved to different divisions due to the quality of players they have
  4. Leagues could be set be for "British" players only, but this depends on what the players wants from the save
  5. Teams mass sign foreign players, this could be reduced.
  6. Players do move around between counties, this could probably never be stopped. Only 15 major in season one, 6 or 7 in season 2.
  7. Contracts for ALL players need to be reviewed
  8. Current loans should be cancelled to ensure counties have all their players available from the start
  9. league rules should prohibit loans if we dont want people to move between counties.
  10. Finally... Its stable! (and pretty awesome fun)

Summary

Looking at the above comments we could have two versions, one where you just start with all local born players and you can progress as the current database does OR one which is for just UK residents only designed to limit movement between counties so when you play another county it is pretty much just made up of people from that area.

Thats pretty much all I can do for the moment, burnt myself out a bit!

Hopefully someone can come in and fill in the gaps in Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland now :)

Further testing on a Semi finished version of the database and I have pretty much eliminated transfers in season 1, season 2 things still go on but thats to be expected, squads remain largely intact. Probably not everyones cup of tea but for me its something I am interested in trying out.

If anyone is interested Merseyside are dominating ahead of West Midlands, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester. I think when London and Yorkshire are done this will change.

Cheers for this dude, this is amazing work. I'm thinking exactly what you are, in terms of foreign players, I will set a restriction on the leagues, so only national players can be signed. For the other factors, I'm going to have a think and get back to you. I will obviously leave both databases as playable and let everyone pick whichever they like, as I see this new database as a real managerial challenge.

Cheers for this dude, this is amazing work. I'm thinking exactly what you are, in terms of foreign players, I will set a restriction on the leagues, so only national players can be signed. For the other factors, I'm going to have a think and get back to you. I will obviously leave both databases as playable and let everyone pick whichever they like, as I see this new database as a real managerial challenge.

I found that setting squad rules to have max 0 foreign and then setting a transfer window of just one day a few days after the squad registration date (23-24th June) helps minimise transfers. As well as not allowing loan players in fixtures too. Also removing all your nice "treat as home nation and treat as EU" rules. Plus some editing of Englands transfer preferences to not use the nation stops Man U and Arsenal pinching all the good players too!

One thing that will have to be done manually is to cancel current players on loan for each team in the new league structure. Its not a huge job but will take some manual effort.

There are so many little tweaks and tunes you can do to that will help minimise transfers, loans etc but all will only work for a few seasons.

I made my own version with adjusted league rules and by 2018 most teams only had 3-6 original good players left. Most were home grown from the youth teams or picked up on free transfers.

One way to avoid big name players moving up the leagues to bigger clubs will be to adjust the teams in the league, move some up a league or two and some down, depending on the strength of their starting squad.

One example is Lincolnshire is a bit small for its league. Just a hint ;)

I am probably babbling on about all things you have already thought about so I will leave it to you to further develope. If you do need any help or someone to do some more tasks or even for testing for feedback dont hesitate to PM me any time.

I have modified my guide as I went along, fixing errors I had made earlier. If you follow it then you should do your counties pretty quickly unless you have lots of extra research to do. If you do not understand any part of my walkthrough guide please let me know.

Archived