Ricey at Romford ... But for how long?

Ricey

I started a game recently and was enjoying it so much I decided to take a bash at a career thread.

I would like to stay with one club and reach the dizzying heights of the English Premier League but with my experience of previous saves, finances can sometimes dictate how a career pans out, I may move jobs if the club can't match my ambitions.

Im using FM11 (I don't do staem), Edited database with FM12 update and including leagues down to level 11 (All playable).

Scandinavian and all UK players loaded, about all my comp can take.

The story so far ..........

2010/2011. I take charge of Romford in the Rymans south and set about evaluating my players and staff. My findings are not pleasant.

My staff are truly woeful but bringing in new faces is difficult because of finances and imposed restrictions by the club. I decide to suffer through but be very selective of what advice I take on board from them.

Off my playing squad, only 2 are good enough to remain with me when considering my ambitions, I want promotion or at the very least, an unsucessful play-off spot

With only a one year contract signed, I feel sucess must come early.

The board expect mid table mediocrity, I expect more.

14 players are released which free's up value wage space and this allows me to bring in 16 new players on free's.

The wage bill is big, over my allowed budget, but I can make up for that in other areas of club finances, so no problem.

Of the players brought in, all of them went through a trial first. My policy was, no trial = no contract, because I simply did not trust the 2 scouts I had. I wanted to see players for myself.

I was sure I had put together a strong squad to challendge for promotion and I had decent cover in all areas.

As it turned out, I was right and we won the league with 3 games to spare (None of which we won)

2011/2012

The board want us to avoid relegation and Im just hoping to build a squad that can challenge for promotion next season. My current playing staff are easily good enough for Ryman Premier survival but to march on up the leagues, the squad needs improving and I'm working on a tight budget so I wasn't expecting great leaps this season.

I did however, manage to improve the back room staff a little and brought in a cople of decent coaches.

10 players were released or refused new contracts (Some ridiculous wage demands) and I brought in 14 freebies. We had some very young players who had been released by top clubs as it's always my way to scout released younsters in the hope of picking up a gem or two. Our wage budget was at its limit which I was fine with, especially seeing as we had a large squad. I try to retain a large squad at due to fitness/stamina/injury worries at this level.

Suprise suprise, in the last half of the season, we were awesome. We managed to finish third and secure a play off spot. we were never in danger of challenging the top two though.

We beat Kingstonian 1-0 in the semi and then Grays 1-0 in the final, both very close encounters.

Although I was dleighted, I was worried too. Club finaces were not great and the playing staff was going to struggle in the BSS. Next season was sure to be tough.

2012/2013

And it was........ Tough I mean. Especially early on. we eventually finished 11th but this was more due to bad form from teams around us than it was from good form at Romford. I felt we over achieved.

I manged to secure 9 freebie signing, again mostly youngsters but we lost 9 players, mostly because of wage demands. The youngsters signed took a while to settle but I was looking forward to the following season with some hope of sucess. I was also pleased that I at last managed to sign a good Assistent manager.

2013/2014

8 new players had come in after sucessful trials and I was excited by 4 of them especially. One was a 16 year old striker, Yaser Ali (Regen) released by Arsenal who was rated 2 1/2 stars CA and 5 stars PA. His stats were in all the right places and he reportedly had a good approach to the game. I brought in two DMC's because I planned to change my formation from the standard 442 to my preferred 41221 with inside forwards out wide. I felt the time was right for the tactical change, the staff had been improved and the standard of player was finally where i wanted it to be before I gave them any more to think about other than deciding on 5 or 6 sugars in their half time tea.

The board had aked for a safe mid table positon and hadn't really improved my wage budget and I though they were being a tad unfair. However, after making the 4 signings I mentioned I was excited about, I was happy and hoping to hit the top end of the table, maybe even a play off spot.

Lost some players, 9 in total, a few were realeased but again there was some dumb wage demands.

The season started great and we were sitting pretty in 2nd at xmas but out form went wild there after and at best I can only describe it as inconsistent.

I cant put my tfinger on what went wrong becuase so many things went wrong at diferent times but somehow we finished 5th after a last gasp winner in our last game, without that goal, we'd have missed the play offs... Thank you 16 year old Yasir Ali (Regen) Arsenal reject and Romford hero -)

As for the play offs, to be honest, I dont mind if we dont come through them as winners because another season in the BSS won't hurt us if we can keep the nucleus of the squad, ... Finances are fast becomign an issue and I'm not sure we can sign the calibre of player need for the BS Prem.

Having said that, I'm still approaching the games as must wins, it's only professional to do so,

Will play the play off's now and post the reults soon.

PS, I haven't mentioned any cup comps in my post because bascially there was very little to report, cup comps are not yet part of my plans although that may change as we need to look at bringing in much needed revenue.

In the first leg, we are drawn at home V Farnborough.

We get off to an awful start as my defence is unable to clear a loose ball in the box and the Farnborough striker smashes home with just 3.5 mins on the clock. The first half goes from bad to worse as my DMC picks up a knock on 15 mins and is replaced. farnborough go on to dominate and we are lucky to be just one nil down at half time.

The hair dryer has little effect in the changing rooms and we again start slowly. On 55 mins we go 2-0 down when the oppo's CB gets his head on the end of a corner first.

We were missing our key CM who was banned for the game and our little striker Ali wasn't fit enough to be in the starting line up but the replacements were capable players and sometimes there are no excuses.

On 60 mins I make the second change and bring Ali on and he rewards the home crowd with a true poaches effort after just two minutes on the pitch. This spurs the lads on and they push for an equalizer but the final whistle goes and Farnborough take a deserved 2-1 lead to their place.

The second leg was a different affair with our key CM back from suspension and Ali restored to the starting line up. we started much brighter.

After just 4 1/2 mins it's 1-0 after some great wing play, a deft cut back and a sublime finish from 17 year old Marcus Parker (Regen, released by Man City). Then on 15 mins, Ali latches onto a great through ball to cooly slot home under the body of the advanceing keeper.

We fail to extend the lead before half time, despite most of the possesion.

The second half begins with a forced substition in central midfied as a player picked up a knock and was unable to recover.

Both sets of players refusie to gamble and play nervously as they kick off and few chances are created but on 70 mins, the Farnborough management make changes and urge the lads to press forward, I respond by bringing on some fresh legs at the back and Farnboroughs efforts go un-rewarded.

Romford run out 2-0 winners and advance to the paly off final with a 3-2 agg win.

We face staines who beat sutton 3-2 on agg in their semi. Both out previous league meetings reulted in 1-1 draws and this was going to be a close game.

Staines start the brightest and go close several times before my RB has a rush of blood and gives away a dumb penalty on 35 mins. The penalty is dispactched but this seems to spur the lads on and we finish the half the stronger team.

10 minutes into the 2nd half with Romford a gaol down but on top, Parker gets hauled down in the box after a great ball into the channel from midfield. Ali sterps up and blasts home the awarded penalty and I'm confident we can push on to win this game.

Howere, despite several good chances and most of the play, we go to extra time at the 90 minute mark.... I'm yet to make a change but the lads are running on fumes and I ned to freshen things up.

I take off a very tired DMC and replace him with a more attack minded AMC and 2 mins into extra time I'm forced to replace an injured CB who had been playing a stormer.

Both teams give everything they have but no one can get the nose infront.

2nd half of extra time and I bring on an AMR in a straight swap, my last throw of the dice.

5 mins later and Ali is put clean through, avoids two strong challenges and beats the keeper .... 2-1!!!!

And just 2 minutes later, with the Staines players fired up, a crude challenge in the box and we are awarded a penalty.

Ali steps up and makes it 3-1 with his hatrick and its game over ...... Romford secure promotion to the BS Prem.

I must admit, I'm aprehensive. Im not sure if we can survive the Prem with our squad and finances. I say nothing for now and just let the club enjoy it's sucess.

Season 2014/2015

Pre Season.

After gaining promotion to the BS Prem, the club had to spend 125k on seating to bring the ground up to spec. That was a blow.

We finished the season nearly 200k in debt.

The board offered no transfer funds and 8.7k per week for wages. I was already spending near on that figure.

4 players were released because of their wage demands, I was sorry to see them leave but I was confident they could be replaced. 3 players were released because they were not upto the standard.

My main transfer activity was to be focussed on a GK and an AML, secondary was a quality AMC. But if a good player was available on the right wage, I'd sign him regardless of position if it improved the squad. With his I mind, I trialed over 30 players.

I released some rubish scouts and signed two decent ones which brought my total scouts to 4. I set them various tasks and I was very pleased with one scouts work in Holand.

First in was a 21 year old polish right winger who had been released by Dutch club, Feyenoord. He's quick, creative, can cross a ball and has a good work ethic.... perfect, hopefully.

Next was a 24 year old left winger, released by Dutch Giants Ajax. He had made 47 apps for them and then had spent a year without a club and he bit my fingers off for a 500 quid a week key player contract. He certainly has the stats to be a key player and I sometimes wonder why the AI allows a player of this calibre to be clubless so long.

FC Oss released a Dutch 22 year old AMC and I snapped him up. I'm hoping he is another quality signing as my coachs sugguested after his trial.

Another Dutch freebie came from Feyenoord, another AMC aged 21. I wasn't really looking for another AMC but the lads stats were too good to pass up.

I had other trransfer targets but had no luck with them, most signed for bigger clubs.

Ive made 5 further signings, all free, all 16 year old regens, all released by English premier teams (I always scout prem league released youth players), all capable cover players and my scouts/coaches assure me they have great potential.

I managed to bring in a young GK as cover because my previous 2nd choice GK wanted 700 quid a week as back up and had to go. The GK role is one i'm struggling with. My current number 1 is a good GK but is prone to bouts of inconsistency as is backed up by the fans in the confidence section. For now. I'll have to stick with him and his 16 year old understudy.

I have 28 players in my first team but 7 of them are 16 and two are 17. The youngsters are good cover, may progress to be regulars and dont have big wage denmands. I'm currently paying no more than 500 quid a week in wages and I'm about 600 quid under my wage budget.

6 wins from 7 freindlies and morale was good going into our first league game.

My aim for the season is safety. I think I have the squad to achieve that but it'll be hard work. I will also look to sign a new GK but I'm not holding my breadth on that one.

Our first game is away to Wrexam who have been regular play off contenders in recent seasons in the BS prem, I was thinking a draw would be awesome ............

........... I decide to play just one of my new signings, the Ajax lad at AML. I didnt want to upset the apple cart to early in the season. My decision paid off in less than 60 seconds as the Ajax lad picked the ball up wide on the left, cut inside, drove in to the box and cracked the ball into the roof of the net, 1-0, what a start. Things go even better after 25 mins as the Ajax lad came in at the back post to slot home a fine cross for 2-0. Then on 36 mins, my AMR was put through by 16 year old striker, Yasir Ali and he provided a sublime finish for the defence splitting pass......... Unfortunately the AMR was replaced soon after due to injury.

With the game effectively over at half time, the 2nd half was a bit of a non event but Wrexam managed a 86th minute consolation goal as my defence switched of at a corner. With a suprise 3-1 victory in the bag, the long trip home was a pleasant one. The 3 points could prove to be invaluable.

At the end of January now and struggling. P29 W7 D10 L12

We are 20th of 24 and it's very tight points wise at the bottom.

I have a young squad which is not helping and I need another strong MC to bolster my midfield.

But still the GK is the biggest problem, he has the lowest ratings for matches in the squad and is just not consistant enough, I'm having difficulty replacing him.

Iv'e got room in the wage department to bring in a GK but I cant find anything better than the guy I already have.

Also, Ali picked up a bad injury and the guys I have to cover the striker role have not been good enough, I may bring in another striker.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/bsp1r.jpg/

Season over, finished 16th W13 D17 L16.

To be fair, results around us went our way which was great because we were inconsistant,

We picked up a lot of draws and I'm not sure if thats because we couldn't push on in a game and win it or because we were a hard team to beat.

Strangely enough, we had a decent GD considering our league position.

Whatever, to get into the football league proper, the squad needs improving. I can't wait for ever for young players to develop, I dont think the finaces could stand it.

We are 250k in the red despite my tight wage budget control.

My ex-Ajax winger finished the season on a rating of 7.05 with 41 apps, 7 goals and 14 asists

Yasir Ali, my 17 year old regen striker who was released by Arsenal, still managed 17 goals in 24 apps with a 7.3 rating, despite a long injury lay off.

The only other player with a rating over 7 was a regen called Marcus Parker, a 17 year old wide player, released by Man City, who got established in the first team due to injuries. He scored a 7.05 rating after 32 apps, 7 goals and 11 assists.

I did manage to secure the services of a new GK in Feb. A 20 year old who was on a free after being released by Dutch club RBC. I had tried to sign him earlier in the season but he refused my offer. I believe he joined in Feb becuase the transfer window had closed on most league clubs and mine was the only offer. Things improved a little after he joined.

I failed to find any other players suitable to sign before the window closed on the BS Prem.

Overall, I'm pleased with the final position in the league and the performance of a few of the lads. Signing the GK was a great bonus and with a few new additions over the summer, I'm looking forward to a less stressful season.

Finances are a problem, we are still a part time club, the facillities are rubish as is our youth set up and something needs doing.... Surely the board can see investment is needed if the club is to push on? Every request I make in the board room is denied and they cant even find me a parent club..... Sigh.

So the summer is over and we are about to kick off the new campaign.

5 players have left the club, 3 released on free's and two moved to other clubs on free's because I refused to meet the wage demands for their squad status. That includes my inconsistant GK.

4 players came into the club.

First in was an excellent Dutch CB, Ettiene Veldman a 22 year old regen with very good stats who had been released by Dutch club AZ after 12 apps.

Next in was another youngster of 16. I had not planned to sign any more kids this season but changed my mind when an agent offered me central midfielder Phillip Collins. It's the first time an agent has offered me a player and that's what tempted me to offer the lad a trial. He had been released by Man City and had been part of their title winning youth team. After a sucessful trial it cost me an agent fee of 500 quid to sign the lad who my coach's highly recomend despite his youth. I was suprised to get him actually, he had several offers of football in league 2 but maybe it was my offer of a first team contract that sealed the deal. I hope his footie is better than his singing ;p

I also signed a 19 year old regen striker from Holland who was released by Utrect. He looks good although his finishing needs to improve but he will take some of the pressure off Ali, my main striker.

That takes my total Dutch players to 6. I'm very lucky to have secured the services of some good scouts who have worked wonders in Holland.

I was close to sighning a good 27 year old right back because my first choice is 31 now. In the end, I didn't because i have 2 or 3 accomplished RB's who can cover and one youngster who needs games. I just hope the decision does not come back to haunt me.

My only other pre season signing has been 21 year old Mads Torgerson, a Norwegian regen DM released by Molde after 22 apps. I was a bit short in the DM position and this lad has good potential.

I just can't sign any quality on loan. I tried many targets but failed each time. I'm not a fan of loan signings as cover when I have several youngsters who need games in the squad so maybe I set my sights to high but the loan market has been very diapointing to me so far.

I arranged some very tough friendlies this time around because to be honest, we need the revenue raised from facing bigger clubs. In a suprise to everyone, we beat sChampionship Sothampton 4-2 and drew 2-2 with championship Charlton. We got hammered by prem team Hull and picked up mixed results against some tough foreign sides. But we raised some decent cash, only picked up one injury of note and moral is good so my decision payed off.

The club finally offered me a two year contract, all my previous contracts had been for a year only. I see this as another sign the clubs rep is improving.

There are 24 teams in the league, so for me, I'd be happy with a comfortable 12th place although the board still expect us to go down. They had offered me 9k for wages and I'm currently only 250 quid under that so I may have trim the large squad soon.

I re negotiated some contracts on cheaper wages but finaces are not great.

We have a tough away game to Chelmsford on day one.

bloody hell ricey nice job with the CU loads of info which is nice you should use more screen shots though but I like this career.

BTW as a local of Romford why did you choose them?

Yeah sorry bout the lack of screenies, I'll do more.

But I'm not a fan of showing REAL players in case it spoils things for others.

I had already completed a few seasons b4 I decided to post, thats not usual I know but it helps me stick with the save, bit selfish really -)

I choose Romford cos I'm in East London and its close

PS.... Having a mare in the first half of the season, update for Jan coming soon.

I've looked around the other squads in the league and my side are more than a match for them stats wise but our season so far (End of December) has been rough to say the least.

It took us 5 games to get a win and that was a scrappy 1-0 effort at Macclesfield (Bottom of table at end of December) and we were playing bad. Our passing was poor and our finishing worse. Defensively we have not done too bad with my new signing Veldman top of the average rating table for the squad. Loosing my first choice LB and longest serving player for 3 months didn't help but despite the fact he is very consistant, that cant be used as an excuse for our poor form.

But 6 games into the season, I have a word with my young striker Ali. His form is very bad having scored one in 5 apps which is way below his usual average and the fans are urging me to drop him to the bench. His match ratings are way below his norm.

I tell him his form is poor and he hits the roof, the inevitable transfer request hits my desk and now I'm truly up the creek paddleless.

I refuse the request ofcourse but the damage is done and in the end I compromise by loaning him out for 3 months. I'm hoping he's calmed down when he returns.

The window is closed but anyway I need a new striker incase I have to let Ali go so I start my search. Eventually two Finish lads are found by my scouts and I trial them both, they look very similar stat wise and I have to make a choice.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/joonas.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/mattig.jpg/

I decide on Matti who was suprisingly released by Finish club VPS after 14 goals in 30 or so apps. He has better decisions which I find important. Also his first touch. passing and composure are better. He signed for 425 quid a week after initially asking for a grand, 425 was the max I could offer. Hope i made the right choice but anyway, he joins us In January.

And boy do we need him.

Come December and we're in the relegation spots. Basically we cant hit a barn door even when on the rare occaision we actually get sight of the barn door. We are not creating chances.

I take a look at our December fixtures and realise that the month will be crucial. We have a home game V fellow struggles Havant, then a trophy cup game V BSS side Lewes also at home.

Next up would be another home tie to fellow strugglers Cheltenham before we face a difficult ask away at promotion hopefuls Darlington. The month ends with a home game V Wrexam who are not having a good season.

When I look at the fixtures, I'm convinced there are points to be won.

I start the month by having a few quiet words with some of the lads and I give away nothing in the pre match press con.

Romford 1 Havant 0, The imoportance of the result cannot be denied. The performance was scrappy but we defended well and my Young right winger Marcus Parker scored a great solo effort on 28 mins. We still did'nt create enough chances but it's a good start to December.

Romford 1 Lewes 1, teams often raise their game in cups when faced by opposition from a higher league and this was the case here. But simple fact is, we should have dealt with it. We scored a flukey goal bang on half time and I thought that would knock Lewes for 6 but I was wrong, they really came at us in the 2nd half and deservedly equalised on 64 mins. Infact, but for one or two great tackles and one awesome save, Lewes should have won the gamne late on.

At full time, I lost it and let the lads know I was not best pleased right now.

Lewes 0 Romford 1, Marcus Parker hit another fine solo goal in the first half and we went on to win the game. It's not that we played well, it's just that superior fitness showed and Lewes had no reply to Parkers goal. I said nothing at full time.

Romford 2 Cheltenham 0. A massive result and the best performance for a long while. Two early goals and Cheltenham had nothing to come back with. The lads grew in confidence as the game went on and actually passed the ball a bit. The mood at the club definately lifted.

Darlington 1 Romford 1. WOW, just WOW. OK so it was backs to the wall for most of the game and we had few chances, but when Hermens crashed the ball home in injury time to secure a valuable and unexpected point, I swear a little bit of pee came out!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/romdarl.jpg/

Romford 4 Wrexam 0, Has a corner been turned? Only time will tell but there were flashes of what I know my side can produce and we dominated to be fair. It was more a rugby match at times with bookings galore but the game was over at half time and my ex-Ajax winger was simply astounding.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/romwrex.jpg/

Yes! We were finally out of the bottom four.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/janltab15.jpg/

I'm finally feeling some confidsece in my side and with my new striker joining in a few days together with the return of Ali from his loan, I'm hopeful we can move up the table.

If it was my decision I would of choose Karj as well he just had better key stats if his technique was better he would of been a monster. Have you tried looking for swedish and danish players? when I was just starting in Northern Ireland with PSNI i had 11 of them 18 and under and they was all better than what I had in my squad and better than most of the players in the whole league and one of my players eventually got sold for 10 mil to west ham.

If it was my decision I would of choose Karj as well he just had better key stats if his technique was better he would of been a monster. Have you tried looking for swedish and danish players? when I was just starting in Northern Ireland with PSNI i had 11 of them 18 and under and they was all better than what I had in my squad and better than most of the players in the whole league and one of my players eventually got sold for 10 mil to west ham.

Yeah I have four scouts and 3 of them practically live in Sweden, Holland, Denmark, Norway Etc ... I think its just luck where they see the right player at the right time,

I have a cople of Norwegians in the side but no Swedish players yet.

End of January and another good month.

Results

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/jan16fix.jpg/

Some good solid performances, the two away loses were close encounters against teams way above us.

League Table

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/jan16table.jpg/

Edging our way to safety ,,, Long may it continue.

PS .. I kinda threw the FAT game when I made planty of changes, cups are not my concern at the mo.

Feb finishes with what seems a poor set of results but on closer inspection, we aint done that bad,

Forest Green 2 Romford 2

The Green are top of the league and it took a 75th minute equaliser to salvage them a point. It was a fine team performance and a great reult ... despite the fans oppinion.

Maidenhead 1 Romford 0

A very tight game, another good team performance but 6th place Maidenhead were a goal too good for us.

Romford 0 Farnborough 0

Again a good effort and to be honest we could have nicked a win against 3rd place Farnborough,

Bury 4 Romford 2

A great game for the neutral and we gave it our best shot. I cant complain at the performance or the result really. Bury currently lay on 8th place.

Romford 2 Basingstoke 0

The Romford faithful went home happy with a good win against struggling Basinstoke. Our only win of the month and a very important 3 points.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/febresultsc.jpg/

The table ...... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/febtable.jpg/

Overall a decent month despite only picking up 4 points. We performed well against tough opposition.

My new Finish striker Matti has banged in a cople but his best point has been his hold up play and teamwork, he brings a different dimension to the side. Ali is back from his loan spell and seems in good spirits, he grabbed a cople of goals from the bench.

My left back (Not a regen so I wont name him) has the best average rating despite a 3 month injury lay off. He's my longest serving player after being released by West Ham and he is Mr reliable. In the ratings war, he is closely followed by CB Veldman who also has been very consistant.

In other news ..... Just as I was begginging to look at job opportunities, theres news of a posible takeover. Hopefully things will work out and some much needed finaces can be raised. If not, I may move on because the club in it's current state cant survive football league status if we ever get promoted.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/takeoveri.jpg/

March is over and a strange month it was.

Chelmsford 2 Romford 0

Play off hopefuls Chelmsford were simply too good for us, or we were too bad.

I'll write this one off as a bad day at the office, we all have 'em. Lost one of my first choice CB's too, injured and out for 6 weeks, not happy.

Canbridge 1 Romford 1

Cambridge are fighting relegation and I didn't expect an easy time of it. A tough match, decent performance and acceptable result. Loosing Veldman to injury was not what I wanted to see though.

Tamworth 2 Romford 7

Please don't ask me to explain this one. I knew the lads had this kind of performance in them but it came completely out of the blue.

We were simple awesome against mid-table Tamworth.

Romford 1 Fleetwood 0

What a result. A battling performance against new league leaders Fleetwood and a massive if somewhat unexpected 3 points.

Romford 0 Kidderminster 0

They came to us fighting for BSP survival and defended like trojans. We had no answer for them and a draw was a fair reult on balance.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/marchresults.jpg/

Barring a disater, we should survive the dreaded drop, fingers crossed.

League table. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/marchtable.jpg/

No further news on the take over but I'm keeping one eye on the jobs market.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/takeover3.jpg/

It seems the take over consortium could be just a bunch of chancers

EDIT .........And then ............

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/takeover4.jpg/

I wish they'd get it sorted one way or another.

EDIT ,,,,,,, On and on and on .........

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/takeover5.jpg/

EDIT .... Really boring now

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/takeover6.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/eosresults2016.jpg/

The season is over.

Newport 3 Romford 2

After coming back from two nil down, I was gutted when the winner sailed in in injury time.

Romford 2 Workington 0

We controlled the game from start to finish

AFC Wimbledon 1 Romford 2

The result flattered an already relegated AFC

Romford 6 AFC Telford 0

Another stunning performance.

Havent 1 Romford 1

We should have put this game to bed but allowed Havent to get an undeserved equaliser with 7 mins left on the clock. Their goal was stunning though.

Final league table ........... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/legtab2016.jpg/

If we could have shown the same form we showed at the end of the season consistantly, there is no doubt we would have at least been in contention for a play off spot. I can only blame myself because I never really got stuck in to the lads until December, I shoulda done that much earlier.

Some of the younger players are coming along nicely but in general I was disaapointed with the squad, I feel they underachieved.

I'm just hoping the take over is sucessful, that they allow me to stay oin the job and that they invest some damn money.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/takeoverdone.jpg/

I've never been sacked after a take over in FM before and I've played since the first CM game.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

EDIT,,,,,,,,, Then I get this, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/takeoverdonemessage.jpg/

I don't like the tone of the message or the fact that the sack was even considered,

Im planning to wait and see what they offer me at the start of the season, if i'm not happy I'm gonna make a few demands/ultimatems

EDIT ... I go on holiday and on my return they have cleared our bank balance by getting a 375k loan,,,, seems investing their own hard earned is not an option........ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/bankloan.jpg/

This is the boards expectations

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/1617expect.jpg/

No improvement on the previous years budget.

I've decided to stay with Romford.

The jobs available are at lower league clubs and my rep is still local.

To improve my job chances I need to win something and raise my rep so I'm going all out for promotion this term.

My team needs to get consistant and to that aim, I'm searching for a top class CB, RB and CM. I also need a decent striker as cover for Ali and Matti.

I'm also planning to keep it more simple and revert to a 442 tactic.

If we recreate the form of late last season, there is no reason why we can't win this thing.

EDIT ....... The club do a deal and Barnet of league 2 are now my Parent club, whoopee!

Ofcourse I did'nt get a say in the matter and it seems Barnet aint even paying us.... Just a seasonal friendly and they MAY send us a player or two with no obligations.

Pre-season 2016/17

Players out..... 6 contracts were not renewed. 4 players were not good enough and two wanted bigger wages than I was prepared to pay. We did'nt loose any players that could not be replaced. I also released a few youth players.

Players in ........

Lee Daly, 18 years old, central Midfield.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/leedaly.jpg/

I have a scout in the UK and Ireland permanently and he found this lad. He had been released by West Ham.

I'm being told he is playing close to his full potential but that's fine, he has great stats for this level.

I'm paying him a very cheap 240 quid a week and I have high hopes for him.

Simon Bassett, 18 years old, right back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/bassett.jpg/

I checked out the released youth players and had this lad scouted after Arsenal released him.

He comes with 3 star CA and 4 1/2 star PA according to the coaches and just look at the stat increases after only 6 weeks at the club. I believe he is a fantastic signing. 275 quid per week for the next 3 years on a first team contract.

I was very lucky to get him becuase he had several offers including a cople from league 2 sides. I think I won his signature because I gave him a first team contract and the competition did'nt.

Arne Iverson, 20 years old, Center Back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/iversonh.jpg/

My scout found this player last year but he was attached to Lillestrom and I had no budget to buy him, I can't remember what his value was. I forgot about him until I checked my short list and saw that he was unatached, I seem to remember reading something about him turning down his latest contract but that was a while back so I'm not sure if he was released or left of his own accord.

Whichever it was, it was a nice suprise to be able to join the race for his signature. he eventually choose Romford over other clubs from Norway and signed for 425 quid a week. unfortunately he delayed his decision until after our first match but thats a minor gripe.

He is very highly rated at the club and I look forward to managing him this season.

Josh Williams, 18 year old left back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/williamsa.jpg/

Josh joins us as cover at left back on a season long loan from BSS club Histon. I will talk more in detail about my left back woe's further on.

We had a great pre-season. whilst I was busy searching out the needed players, my assistant took controle of out first 3 revenue raising friendlies and we did'nt embarass ourselves against very tough opposition.

Romford 1 Birmingham 0

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/rombirm.jpg/

It was real backs to the wall, Dunkirk stuff and to nick it with the last kick of the game was amasing.

Romford 2 Ipswich 3

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/romipsw.jpg/

A great game where we pulled it back from 2-0 down to 2-2 but it was'nt to be.

Romford 1 Burnley 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/romburn.jpg/

Burnley's superior fitness showed with goals in the 67th and 80th minutes.

Our other friendlies went well but were just your standard lesser opposition affairs.

I wanted to make a seperate post about my striker/left back search because I wanted a good moan.

I've been searching out a good striker and left back as cover. We lost Ali and my first choice left back for the best part of the first month of the season which was fine really because it showed me the weaknesses I had in the squad. So I searched long and hard but could'nt sign anyone acceptable.

I decided to chance my arm in the loan market. I found several targets and tired to loan them but as soon as I put in an offer, a hatful of clubs suddenly became very interested in the player despite no one being interested previously.

I started to notice that my targets were signing for other clubs over Romford which is fine I spose but then I tried to loan a striker named Matt Moore who eventually signed on loan to Met Police.

I thought this was odd so I looked up Met police and ......... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/metpolloan.jpg/

They are two divisions below us and though it don't show it, they already have 5 strikers in the first team.

Then this happened with my next target, another striker ...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/metpolloan2.jpg/

Then this happened when I tried to sign a left back ....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/metpolloan3.jpg/

Hmnnn .... The other starage thing is, Met Police play with 3 at the back, they don't use fullbacks.

I feel like big brother is watching me and don't want my team to get too strong =)

The left back I eventually signed on loan comes from Histon in the BSS which is the division below us. I simply cannot sign players of any quality on loan from teams above us ........ Ridiculous to be honest.

August 2016

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/august1617.jpg/

Romford 3 Fleetwood 0

Chest 0 Romford 2

Romford 2 Cambridge 1

Dag/Red 2 Romford 0

Ebbsfleet 1 Romford 2

Romford 2 Tamworth 0

Romford 2 Farnborough 0

Table http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/legtabaug1617.jpg/

Just one slip up in a very tough game away at Dag and Red. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/romdagred.jpg/

A draw would have been fair in avery even contest so I can't moan at the lads really.

Everything else went to plan except we lost my ex-Ajax winger to injury for a few weeks, also out is my GK for a month and a key CM for 3 months with a broken ankle. The squad can just about take the damge the injuries have inflicted but any more could spell trouble.

It definately helps going back to the 442 system because its easier for the idiots, sorry I mean players, to understand.

The new signings have been good but I'm expecting more from Iverson.

September results.

Results ........http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/sepres1617.jpg/

Loosing 1-0 away at mid table Burton was not part of the plan, nor was loosing an improving Iverson for a month with a thigh strain.

But the game was very even with similar possesion/shots at goal stats, we were just underpar, no excuses.

Woking were sitting 3 rd in the league whan we beat them 3-0 at their place, awesome result and a great performance.

Overall, I'm pleased with the months results.

The table ........ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/septtab1617.jpg/

Also signed this Left Midfielder http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/255/ketting.jpg/ as cover for my Ex-Ajax winger. He got two sub apps b4 getting into the starting line up and rewarded us with the only goal in the 1-0 win V Barrow.

Also signed 5 16 year olds with low rating for CA but very good PA. I have pure rubbish in the reserves and youth teams so I decided to draft in a few better prospects. Some of the youngsters were recomended to me in the pre - match meetings, I'll be sure to keep an eye open for further recomendations in these meeetings. I've not paid too much attention to them in the past.

Squad's a but stretched at the moment, we have several injuries but we are coping.

Finances are still rubbish but I'm just withing my wage budget.

Parent club Barnet sent me a player on loan, he's no great shakes but I took him to be polite =)

ABOUT TIME

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/riceyaward.jpg/

BONUS

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/mattiaward.jpg/

October/November results

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/octnovres1617.jpg/

We have been steaming through the Blue Square Prem league.

Some fantastic performaces and in the past two months we have not looked like getting beaten

The squad has been stretched though, we've had a lot of injuries.

The youngsters have stepped up when asked to cover more senior players and the depth of the squad is proving to be the difference.

We had a minor blip in our last league game when we had a very disapointing draw against5 boittom side Bath, but I'll forgive the lads because of their recent cup exploits.

League table .......http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/octnovlegtab1617.jpg/

Saturday 22nd october and we have an away trip to Ryman prem side Thurrock in the FA cup 4th qualifying round.

We are flying in the league and as with my previous cup approach, I rest a lot of players for the game.

We run out comfortable 4-0 winners in a fixture that could have been tricky.

We then get drawn away against Crewe in the first round and I check them out. They are in a play off spot in league two.

Crewe are a pretty big lower division club, reputation wise anyway. They have produced a few top players over the years.

As we are seemingly untouchable in the league and our finances could do with a boost, I consider going for it and fielding a strong side. The gate receipts fro the tie at Crewe will be great and if we can just sneak a draw and get them back to ours, who knows what might be possible.

In the next league match, we beat Gateshead 2-1 at their place but we loose my ex-Ajax left winger for a month and it's a blow because the injury list at the club is growing.

Next up in the league are Havant and we win 2-0 at home but again we have injuries. The lad I brought in as left wing cover, Sergio Ketting, picks up an injury and now I'm struggling to fill the left midfield spot as we prepare for the Crewe game.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/romcrewe.jpg/

What a result!! My CB Iverson scores a storming header from a corner after just 8 minutes and it proved to be the winner.

Crewe have a player sent off after 21 minutes for a ridiculous challenge and there after we kept the ball brilliantly, but my front two are suprisingly poor and the finishing is woeful, they have recently been in great form.

Crewe on the other hand were very unlucky, they hit the woodwork twice and my GK pulled off some heroics on two occaisions.

Despite having 10 men and being a goal down from early on, Crewe gave us a battle to remember but we held on.

It's soon announced that we have a home tie in the FA cup 2nd round against York as reward.

I take a look at York and see they are flying high in 2nd spot in League 2. Another very tough tie but I'm still deteremined to go for it in the hope we can get a result and a great payday in the 3rd round.

My plans take a blow as in the next league match, a 2-0 away win V Maidenhead, we loose my first choice left back for a few weeks. We play two further league games before the York tie and thankfully no injuries from one win and one goaless draw.

The York tie is picked for TV which is great but even better news is that it's to be on a Monday night which gives us extra valuable recovery time after our busy league programme.

28th November 2016.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/romyork.jpg/

I put out the strongest side possible and its a very close run game.

My front two are again wasteful with the chances created but then again, so were the York strikers.

The fact remains, we had the better chances and should have won the game and secured our place in the third round draw.

On a brighter note ........... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/yorkgate.jpg/

We take on bottom side Bath at their place in the league and we draw the game 1-1 which is diaspointing. I believe we had an FA cup hangover.

But good news going into the York replay, I have a fully fit squad to choose from for the first time in an age.

7th December 2016

It's announced before the York tie kick off that the winners will face Premier League club Birmingham in the 3rd round http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/fadraw.jpg/

Now I'm relly motivated to get through this tie with a victory.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/romyork1.jpg/

Both teams look tired, and in a quiet first half, few chances are created. The second half starts in similar fashion but around the hour mark, the lads stamina is low and York are begining to make their supperrior fitness tell, time for a change. I take off a very tired looking Marcus Parker and move my ex-Ajax left winger to the right. I bring Ketting into the game on the left wing.

2 minutes later he latches on to a sweet through ball and brilliantly crosses first time for an impressive Matti Karjalinen to slam home a first time shot.

ONE NIL!!! And the travelling fans are delirious.

I decide to attempt to hang on to the one goal lead and swith to a 4141 formation, bringing on a DMC for young striker Ali. The move pays off and we hold onto our lead despite 5 added minutes of frantic play.

Birmingham here we come!!

The fake tans were fully topped up and the bling was well polished as the Romford boys and girls set off north from Essex.

The boys in their Reeboks and the girls in their best white heels, a good time was planned by all.

The local brummies in the bars near the ground were 'Well Jel' of the lush show the fans put on.

But sadly our FA cup exploits have come to an end

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/rombirmfacup.jpg/

The best FA cup run in the clubs history

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/facupfix.jpg/

We didn't disgrace ourselve V Birmingham, the whole club can be very proud. We were simply out played by a far superior team.

I must say that Birminghams physical approach to the game was disgraceful. They should have picked up some yellows in the first half and only our maker knows how they did'nt get someone sent off in the 2nd half. But in true Romford fasion, we approached the game with a sporting and professional attitude.

The good news is that before the game our seasons gate reciepts so far were 738.471 which is a vast improvement on last seasons total of 628.394.

After the game our seasons gate reciepts so far are 1056.467......... over 300k for the Brummy game, Woo Hoo!!

Dec/Jan results

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/decjanres.jpg/

December went to plan but January has seen the enevitable dip in form with 1 win 2 draws and 2 losses.

Results have not ben good since the Brummy game.

I hoping for a definite turn around over the next few weeks before our gap at the top shortens.

League table.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/decjanlegtab.jpg/

Its not that we are playing bad because we are creating chances and dominating possesion but we don't seem to be able to finish.

Here's two examples ....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/example1e.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/example2vp.jpg/

We have been doing well in the FA trophy despite me playing our second string in every game so far.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/fat1617.jpg/

I could find no players to improve the squad in January, despite the board changing the budget and giving me 35k to spend.

Champions!!!! Our 1-1 draw away at Wrexham secured a play off spot and our 3-2 home win V Maidenhaed secured the title and promotion to the football league.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/romprombsp.jpg/

League table.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/romchampbsp.jpg/

Results and perrformances picked up over the feb/march months with one major exception. We got hammered 5-2 away at lowly Barrow and the lads were on the end of a severe talking too, they played as if the league was already won.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/febmarres1617.jpg/

My second string failed to progress further in the FA trophy but some of the younger players gained some valuable experience.

Final league table.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/legtabmay1617.jpg/

April results.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/resmay1617.jpg/

Player ratings

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/players1617.jpg/

My player of the season does not have the best stats nor the best avg rating for the season but his 19 assists have been invaluable. All the more amazing because he does not have great flair or creativity .... He keeps it simple.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/marcus1617.jpg/

The last saturday in April was party day at Mill field in the last game of the season. We rewarded the partying fans with a great match where we ran out 5-2 winners V Bath

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/romicon.jpg/

Recognition is always nice =)

So as the squad go off for their anual jollies, we take a look at finances

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/finance1617.jpg/

After the new board took out the 375k loan to clear debts last season, we started the season with a balance around the +20k mark.

So it really has been a very profitable season mainly thanks to the FA cup run.

But gate reciepts are up in genral and we are nearing the 4k mark for crowd attendance.

The club is still semi-pro and I'm desperate for that to change but the option to discuss that is not even available as yet

I'm looking for some improvement in facillities also, we need to attract some big players in the near future to ensure league footbal status and establish ourselves. I've made a boardroom request to that end.

I sincerely hope the board work with me to achieve these aims.

I have a year left on my current contract but I feel the teams sucess this season should prompt the club to improve on my current deal.

A few players will be leaving this summer but because of the better financial situation, I was able to secure the services of all players and staff that are in my plans for a while longer.

June 2017.

Expectations. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/1718seasonexp.jpg/

The club finally go pro amd with a few players leaving, I have some room in the wage budget to strenthen the squad.

I'd like to bring in a good CB to give Veldman and Iversen some competetion, could also do with a left back because I have no cover there and I'm not sure Mr consistent, Callum Driver is up tp league football standard.

Young Marcus Parker had a great season but really has no competition so a right midfielder would be handy.

But any player I locate who can improve the squad will be chased.

With 35k to spend in the transfer market, I took a look around at what was on offer. I'm actually suprised by the standard of player that my assistenat manager has filtered out.

I feel we are stong in central midfield but this guy popped up on the transfer list....... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/chiarelli.jpg/

At age 27 and with 170 odd apps and a decnet avg rating at a struggling Belguim side, I feel his class and experience will be a huge benefit to Romford,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/chiarellihistory.jpg/

I actually scouted him last season and was told he had no intention of joining but his club has been relegated and he has refused to re-sign with them. He now appears on my filtered short list.

His contract is up in a few days and theres a lot of interest but I think I've got to try and sign the lad, I'm just worried about his wage demands.

Another target is http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/droost.jpg/. The report card is very favorable and I am about to trial him. I was'nt looking for a left winger but his stats look great and Ozbiliz, ex-Ajax, needs some competition.

Droost has nearly 100 apps under his belt for a struggling Dutch side and refused to re-sign with them last year. He has spent a season clubless since becoming a free agent and now I've shown interest in him, there are no fewer than 12 Dutch siders after his aignature, if his trial goes well he will be tough to sign.

Just look at this lad http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/ordm.jpg/

Released by Arsenal after just a season and taken on by championship side Burnley, he is listed for 22k after just one first team App. He is on my filtered short list, has very good reports and I cant believe I will be able to sign a player of this calibre in league two, perhaps I'm missing something but I'll wait a few days before I commit a larege chunk of my transfer kitty on him.

I have several other targets including some very good looking CB's who are mainly regens and will be trialed shortly but nothing worth posting right now. I'll update my tranfer search before the season starts.

One disapointment is the youth players released by top clubs, all are 16 which I find strange and none really jump out at me and say "Sign me!". But I'm planning to trial a few whose hidden stats may be strong.

I'm still not getting players offerec to me by agents (Apart form once a year or so back) which hopefully changes during pre season. I find that strange and annoying because in previous LLM saves I have found some real quality in this fashion, perhaps it's the clubs rep.

Although fianances are much healthier, I will not be relaxing my policy of arranging tough freindlies for pre season, I am really looking forward to West Hams visit (My fav team), they actually asked for the freindly which pleased me.

Our season kicks off proper on 12th August with a home tie V Oxford.

Update

Lates pre season news. July 1st 2017

Drost signs on trial and although I read it wrong and he's actually an AMC, he is definately better suited on the left with his stats. I have him for a week so iv'e time to decide but he looks great.

Ord refuses to enter into contract talks despite being on my filtered short list, I think it's a close call rep wise so I chat him up in the press, he reacts positively and I'll try sign him again soon.

Several players on trial... news to follow.

Sign two new coaches and facillities are improved..... Training is looking much healthier.

Also bringing in a new physio.

I signed a contract but only for a year, disapointing to be honest.

Liverpool release 18 year old England youth player Guy Dawson. Dawson has spent sucessful loan periods with league two's Shrewsbury and Aldershot in the past and his release by the scousers is a suprise... On trial with Romford =)

4th July 2017.

I thought I had Chiarelli after some hard contract talks. After a few days, he comes back and refuses the contract. Won't open talks again. Looks like I lost him but I have a lad on trial who may be the answer ...http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/izuierdo.jpg/.. Not the same experience but coaches tell me he can improve a lot.

6th July 2017.

Drost signs for Romford. Awesome capture for the club. He's costing 1k a week in wages though.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/droost2.jpg/

He goes straight onto an agility based training schedule and we aim to improve his accomplished ML position to natural.

6th July 2017.

Coaches falling over themselves to work with Dawson as he joins on trial

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/dawson.jpg/

Can't believe he's on a free, offered him 1k a week and he's considering joining us permantly.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/dawson2r.jpg/

As soon as I offer him his contract he recieves two other offers as championship side Doncaster and league one's Bristol City attempt to hijack the deal.

A busy day at Romford as 20yr DM Manuel signs on a free after only 8 apps in 5 years at Sevilla

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/manuelv.jpg/ ...... Happy days I think =)

10th July 2017

Yes!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/dawson3.jpg/

11th July 2017

Romford 4 West Ham 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/rom4whu2.jpg/

14th July 2017

MK Dons (Championship) offer 275k for 19 year old MC Daly.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/dalyoffer.jpg/

It's a great offer and I'm tempted but reject the offer after a short delay.

Izuierdo signs for 850 quid a week. He goes straight onto quickness training.

18th July 2017

My scout in Belguim finds this lad realeased by Anderlecht. After his trial at Romford, my coach's assure me he is capable and has bags of potential. I'm unsure but sign him because left backs are hard to find at the moment. With the improved coaching/facillities, maybe we can develop him.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/correiag.jpg/

Ord still refuses to negotiate a contract.

Having trouble signing a CB.

1st August 2017

The board step in and accept a 500k MK dons bid for Daly

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dalysold.jpg/

Whilst its a great offer, I'm angry that the board interfered in my business. He was a quality player.

Burnley have now made Ord available for loan too, I've put in a bid for a season long loan and await his decision.

2rd August 2017

Finally get my man http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/solberg.jpg/

I've had several CB targets and Solberg was not the best but looks very good and was bought for just 8k from Norwegian outfit Fredrikstad after 83 club apps.

He refused to sign at first but I chatted him up through the media and it worked. Also helped that no one else came in for him.

Didnt realise we had a prelim league cup tie away at Farnborough who got promoted with us last season. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/farnromlegcup.jpg/

A good match, a good performance and a good result.

MOM went to Farnboroughs Michael Johson, yep, the ex-Man City starlet. Didnt notice that he'd signed for them way back in the BSS, bit of a coup really.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/johnsona.jpg/

9th August 2017

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/ordloan.jpg/

Damn.

12th August 2017

Transfers in and out.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/transfers1718.jpg/

I dont see me bringing anyone else into the squad this side of the January window.

I've trialed just about all the best players I could find .......

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/trialists1718.jpg/

The season kicks off today and I'm confident the squad can avoid relegation from league 2.

I'm aiming for comfortable mid table.

Didnt get acess to the net today so I have to do a half season update.

Loaned in this guy for a few months http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/finnloan.jpg/ as cover for my strikers and he did ok, I will probably try extend the loan. He was my only additional signing since my last post.

Results upto January 2018

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/results1718a.jpg/

(2 results not on the screenie are our first two games, an excellent 5-0 home win V Oxford and a 0-0 draw at Crewe.)

Table January 2018

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/legtab1718a.jpg/

The results have been indifferent but I'm happy enough. If we could sort out our away form we'd be play off contenders for sure.

Out of league cup after Gillingham trounced us 3-0 at our place and lost on pens in the JPT at home to Watford.

We have Fulham at home in the FA cup 3rd round in a few days, should be a bumper gate.

1st of January and we loose Karjalienen for at least 3 months during a 2-0 home win V Crewe http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/mattiinjury1718.jpg/

We've had some injuries so far, including a 2 month lay off for new signing Izqueirdo (out for a month so far) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/izquiinjury.jpg/but we have good cover in the CM position, Upfront is another story and loosing Karja for so long is a massive blow.

My GK has been poor and I thought I was alone in that feeling util I saw this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/bouasform.jpg/

As a result of the board selling Daly from under me, we have 180k to spend at market. This January, a new GK will be my priority, especially seeing how Bouas does not react well to critisism.

I have several targets but it will be tough getting the one I want.

Targets .... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/gktarget1.jpg/ They are all better than my current number one. (Some are loanee's only)

Main target... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/gktarget.jpg/

I've had a bid of 170k accepted and I've offered him a contract but no where near his demands , best I could do was 1800 quid a weedk. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/johnsondemand.jpg/

There's plenty of other offers on the table so fingers crossed.

I will also have to do something about the Karja injury.... Ord's loan spell ends soon and I'm planning to have another shot at him.

Especially as my other striker, Ali is out for another 3 weeks yet ... Told ya I had injury probs =)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/alinjury.jpg/

Collins injury http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/collininjury.jpg/ not a key player but another example of our losses.

Oh yeah, Rosina has already been out for 3 months and isnt back for another month yet

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/rosinainjury.jpg/

We dont get little injuries =)

EDIT Jonson, the Newcastle keeper signed for Wycombe, I spose I couldn't offer him enough cash.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/johnsonsigns.jpg/

EDIT After loosing out in July, I finnally signed Ord http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/ordsigns.jpg/

The highly rated striker joins us in a few days after his Carlisle loan period ends. Burnley couldn't agree a new contract with him and his current deal ended this summer..... I got him for 10k... Result.

EDIT, this is getting ridiculous ,,,,,,, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/driverinjury.jpg/

(Alos notice in the screenie on the news items that reserve striker Devonshire is injured, out for two months, I only have 1 fit striker at the club until Ord arrives)

EDIT, LOL, in all the excitment I didnt notice Ord joins us carrying an injury, he won't be fit for a week.

EDIT So my keeper must have heard Im trying to sign a replacement. He gets MOM in out next game

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/bouasmom.jpg/

Hang on!!! We lost 2-1 at home to southend, we scored all 3 and my keeper actually got their winner!!!!!!! MOM? Really?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/rom1south2.jpg/

EDIT Got a GK http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/seedorfsigns.jpg/

His club Heracles (Holland) couldnt agree terms on a new contract with him and with 6 months left on his current deal, they had to let him go for a measely 2k =)

Out of the FA cup.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/facup1718.jpg/

With so many injuries to contend with, I was actually pleased with the performance against Prem side Fulham in the 3rd round. They were by far the better side technically and physically but our efforts were to be applauded.

(I felt it was best no to give new GK signing Seedorf his debut in a big game with the various problems the squad had, He'll get his chance soon.)

The 120k from gate reciepts was also pleasing.

Be careful of rising through the leagues too quick! Try and upgrade your Training and Youth facilities, you will need them!

Wise words I really had a rude awakening with my Dover side I bought well with low wages and won the league however because of several aspects our players got worse, retired and I lost a lot of money as well and my Youth Academy was abysmal our best youth player didn't have a single 10+ as a result we battled for 9 years against the drop before the inevitable happened.... Russian Tycoon lol got very very lucky I didn't get the boot :)

Be careful of rising through the leagues too quick! Try and upgrade your Training and Youth facilities, you will need them!

Its taken me 7 seasons to get into league one from the Ryman D1N.

I dont think thats too fast but I take your point. I've had problems in previous saves where the team out grew the club.

The board have improved the youth recruiting network but refuse to improve facilities which is annoying.

The current board took over and have not invested except they took a 375k loan to setlle the overdraft.

No Russian tycoon for me =)

Thnx for the advice tho mate.

Archived