Ultimatum

wazza

In FM12 can you give your board an ultimaum like in previous versions, I know you can talk to your board and sometimes they wont agree with you and say so but wondered if there was a way to give ultimatum

Would like to try my luck at it if it existed in this version. Doing a career game and looking to move on in next season and a half, it would be great if the current board wouldnt match my ambitions for an excuse

Would like to try my luck at it if it existed in this version. Doing a career game and looking to move on in next season and a half, it would be great if the current board wouldnt match my ambitions for an excuse

Wouldn't matter with the players or fans anyway, the only person it would make a difference to was you.

Wouldn't matter with the players or fans anyway, the only person it would make a difference to was you.

Not bothered if it affected the players or fans, but it would be a nice addition if you were sacked and in a future press conference you let it slip that you felt that board didnt back you enough with transfer funds and gave them an untimatium.

Does anyone know if this is still incorporated in the game or not as my original post asked

Thanks

There still there. I never use them unless I know I have a pretty good chance of winning it. Otherwise never touch it.

The board forced an ultimatum on me recently though. Managing Seattle in the MLS the media had touted me as a front runner to bag the Aston Villa job in the Premier League. I applied and the next day the board issued me the ultimatum of being sacked but leaving with my dignity or apologising to the board where they will consider my apology before making a decision on my future. Felt that was a bit harsh. Especially after id won everything a team could win in the MLS and regionally.

You don't always get the sack. And you can give an ultimatium.

You'll see an option like "If this request isn't granted then I can't carry on my job".

Depends how popular you are with the board. If you're only in the job a wet week you'll be given the sack.

I've got 90% board confidence, so I could probably get away with. Then again, I've been at the club for 10 seasons and won the champions league and league numerous times.

In my save I've been at the club 9 years and am listed as a club legend, and whilst with the board I can use the option 'after all I've done for the club you could at least grant me this request' to get them to do literally anything I ask, I tested the ultimatum just to see if it would work and they were not recpetive telling me where to go, so its hard to see when you could be successful with it

I suppose in a way it depends on how relevant your request is. And, more to the point, how much money it will cost the board. I have had to issue ultimatums in Fm12 to get the board to improve training facilities, every time felt like I was asking them to sacrifice their sons & daughters, but I know not to use it until you've got a good reputation with the board and the fans. No point trying one if you've just got the club relegated...

Thanks for the info, I think I mioght try and use it to get them to improve my transfer funds next season. My Newcastle team is a force in the Premiership, winning it twice on the trot and currently top again and got to the semis of the champs league last season. I want them to invest big bucks to make us a force in champs league so I can win it and move on in my career game, but they only give me £20mill a season

Archived