AI cheating?

dking

Why is it when giving my players new contracts, in Spain, they all want really low minimum fee release clauses, or high wages, irrespective of how good they are, but when I look at other teams they have rubbish players, on low wages, with incredibly high release clauses?

I'll give you an example: Signed a player on 43k a week and I couldn't put his minimum fee up higher than 22million, unless I paid astronomical wages, yet, a Real player, is paid 15k a week but has a 70million minimum fee. Another player is on 45k a week, at Real, and has a 50million minimum, and another on 55k a week with a 68million fee. Looking through the teams it's pretty much the same at all clubs.

Also, I noticed that a lot of the players that were signed before I joined my club have the same extremely high minimum fee's on really low wages, but I can't do that with players I sign.

Is the AI cheating? Is it a bug?

Edit - Just realised I posted this in the wrong forum. Could a mod move it please? Thanks.

22 million is a lot! Playing as Las Palmas, most players will rather go unemployed than having a release clause higher than a handful of millions.

The answer is to do with reputation as well as an uncompetitive transfer AI. The higher the player's reputation compared to yours and the club's, the less willing he is to sign for you. A ridiculously low release clause is a telltale sign of a player that does not -really- want to play for you. Sure he can come, but he'll make sure he can leave at first opportunity. Since you are human and probably know what you're doing, you will go for players in the outer ranges of what you can afford of players who wants to come. The AI, however, will only ever sign players who would sell their offspring in order to play for them (because they are ****), and consequently they can set the release clause to whatever they want and the player won't care.

It might be a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's not compared to what goes on with the AI, which is my problem.

After reading what you said it still doesn't add up as the difference from 20million to 70milion is pretty steep, even at much lower reputation clubs. It doesn't make sense. Also, some of the players in question, that I signed, were transfer listed by there clubs and had been so for nearly a season, whilst signing for me on pretty low wages, without any fuss, which is a tell tale sign that they want to sign for the club, yet the minimum is still VERY low compared to players, at some clubs, with much lower rep than me.

Conclusion? It's an absolute bloody mess.

On my game, Messi has a £717million release clause.

Minimum fee release clauses are useless most of the time because they are completely unrealistic; if a player's release clause is that high it effectively locks them into their contract. If any team activates Messi's clause, Barcelona's club wealth will double. I don't think release clauses are implemented properly in the game.

Archived