The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

It was indeed,revenge is a dish best served cold so I can wait and hit them when they least expect it :D

Not sure how much you know about hockey history, but you sound like Gordie Howe and his infamous elbows ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dexter_Morgan - Thanks fella,it has been hard work though but I'm just going for the I will score more then you option!

JackJCFC - Thanks mate!The start of the Clausura has been pretty weird,we're top but it's Belgrano and Gimnasia (J) who are keep up with us and are right behind us.

AK22 - Your right abut it being brilliant and unlucky.Hopefully out impressive start will continue.

cerud - Not sure about his elbows but I do know what a Gordie Howe hat-trick is :D

rlipscombe - Cheers fella :D To be fair,I was actually expecting Boca to put up more of a fight even with ten men,I would love some of their players but I would never be able to afford them!

Animosama - Thanks mate!

AussieTinkerer - Glad to have inspired you :D

Raware - It has been but it has been quite surprising as well as some teams who should do well are not doing as well as they should despite winning!

download1_zpsd8a95209.jpg

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - March 2037

Fixtures

9c7aa097-f022-4f03-bb5e-93efe21651cf_zps9ba38250.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zps7c673b35.png

Manager's Thoughts

The month started off brilliantly and ended quite badly as we could not get any decisions to go for us!We started the month off buy knocking out rivals Velez in the Copa Argentina with Acre getting the only goal just before half time.We then traveled to Tigre where we pretty much outplayed them from start to finish and absolutely destroyed them with a 5-1 victory.Things started to go sour from the Estudiantes (LP) game,we had two penalty decisions go against us,I questioned it in the press conference and the FA remain silent.The next game was even worse for us as San Lorenzo won 1-0 and we had two goals disallowed,we've now dropped to second behind Belgrano and now only 3 points ahead of 10th which shows how close the league is.Need to try and keep the results positive to aid our assault on the title!

Just the five games in April,four come in the league and the other is in the Copa Argentina.The league games we face are Gimnasia (J),River,Rosario Central and a tie against high flying Belgrano.We have the home advantage against River and Belgrano so will need to do everything to try and win those games as I will have the crowd behind us in those games.Both the Gimnasia (J) and Rosario Central games will be difficult as they are in the chasing pack so it will be two difficult games but if we play to our best then we should be able to get something out of them!The Copa Argentina game sees us face Boca Unidos which is an easier game then we could potentially have had but we cannot afford to underestimate anyone so I will be putting a strong team out as I think we are now amongst the favourites to win the competition which would be pretty amazing for us!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - April 2037

Fixtures

0584a17b-1e18-4c32-84e9-0932f215079e_zps8b0a5a3f.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zps82e9ff56.png

Manager's Thoughts

What an excellent month that was,there was only one change from the original fixtures and that was the Belgrano league game being re-arranged so we could play the Belgrano Copa Argentina game.The Copa Argentina saw us struggle against Boca Unidos as they really put up a fight despite being outclassed so they do deserve some credit from the match.The quarter final against Belgrano was a real ding dong battle and if it wasn't for two goals in five minute which knocked out the stuffing out of Belgrano then the game could have ended differently.The three league games were all successful in which we moved to the top of the table but it is still very close and anything can really happen although I did laugh at the fact we won both our away games 4-2 against Gimnasia (J) and Rosario Central!

May appears to be the last month for competitive action but I'm not sure what will happen as we still have seven league games to play while we will have at least one more Copa Argentina game as we've made it to the semi-final.The highest profile of the remaining fixtures come against Belgrano who have two games in hand and Velez who are also right on our tail.We also face Gimnasia (LP) who are right up there as well.We do have some other fixtures against teams who are in 8th and lower,hopefully we can hold off the chasing pack to clinch the Clausura title!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - May and June 2037

Fixtures

99bd3f58-d9bb-43bc-8b08-53c568433b41_zpsb95e6561.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina-Clausura_zps40201761.png

Manager's Thoughts

The two bits of good news to come out of this month was that we won the Copa Argentina and went till the end of the season unbeaten,the bad news is that we bottled the league as we drew the five of the last seven league games as we lost out to our rivals Velez once again!For the Copa Argentina,we were very unlucky not to beat Rosario Central in normal time as we dominated them and had three goals disallowed,the final saw us show Tigre how to finish your chances as Fernandez scored 4 from the MC position!The only highlight of the league was destroying Gimnasia,I really can't believe we bottled it and even worse when we drew with the teams in 18th and 20th in the Clausura.The only game which was even was the Velez game,the rest we just messed up finishing our chances and we paid the price for it!

Think I'm going to bang my head against a wall!

It was indeed,I tend to rely on my scouts quite heavily so I can pick the best of who they give reports for.The bonus for playing in Argentina is that you only need 730 days in Argentina to gain nationality which is very useful so I should be able to get another foreigner in the Winter transfer window.

Animosama - There's always next season :D

cerud - Cheers fella!Things will improve next season as we have a young team and they will only get better in the future.

rlipscombe - It was unlucky but things will improve for us,I feel we can still get stronger whereas the opposition won't be as strong next season.

Dexter_Morgan - I can't wait for the Copa Libertadores,it's another step towards to completing the Pentagon.Velez won't be as strong next season as three are retiring and two are moving to European teams.

Absolutely sensational season to win the cup and come so close to both titles having come from a level down - but just par for the course for this thread really. :D At this rate of progress I'm pretty confident to predict next season will be a clean sweep, Libertadores included...

Cheers fella :D I feel with playing in Copa Sudamericana as well,we are going to be pretty tired as we'll have a lot of games.Saying that all I need is a backup striker and a backup keeper and we should be set but I think a clean sweep is two seasons away at least!

wow so i have read this thread from start to finish, which has taken me like a week, when i have spare 5 mins here and there at work.

a massive congratulations to an outstadning career!

please can i ask a few questions!

1) how do you get to play so much FM?

2) What job do you have that allows you to play so often?

3) ho many hours a day do you play?

im very impressed, however due to work and other stuff i have managed just 4 seasons in my pompe save since October time! lol shameful really.

well done again mate

1.I only have it on commentary so I don't bother with 3D and the shouts that go with it,I also don't get to watch tv as people tend to have the remote and I decide to play FM!

2.I work in retail but as it's a flexi contract,I don't have set times of when I work.

3.I'd say probably 2-3 hours a day but it mainly varies as some days I won't play and if I have nothing to do then it could be 4-5 hours.

Thanks mate :D I will try to keep up the good work!

1.I only have it on commentary so I don't bother with 3D and the shouts that go with it,I also don't get to watch tv as people tend to have the remote and I decide to play FM!

2.I work in retail but as it's a flexi contract,I don't have set times of when I work.

3.I'd say probably 2-3 hours a day but it mainly varies as some days I won't play and if I have nothing to do then it could be 4-5 hours.

Thanks mate :D I will try to keep up the good work!

great stuff! and can i ask, with your 4-3-3 tactic, how are your midfielders /wingers lined up in the formation?

is it like barca / chelsea style 4-3-3 ?

I think it's more towards Barca style 4-3-3 as we tend to have higher possession and higher pass completion rate.My AML and AMR are really attacking and mainly use short passing but running from deep and with the ball.For the MC's,I normally have one who is more defensive and focused on passing and the other is more attacking and will probably attempt long shots outside the box.

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - End of Season 2036/37

2036/37 Transfers

Those who left the club permanently were never going to make it or I had too many options in a particular area which was mainly the striker position.I let four players leave on loan who could be useful as backup in the future but I feel their development would be better off with going out on loan and gaining first team experience.In came seven players for £7.5 million,these players have mainly been bought in to increase the strength of the first team and to help build the depth of the team which still needs to be worked on in a few areas but had no more funds to do so.Zamponi is the stand out player as he rejected moves from European clubs to join us which will help us massively due to being a top class striker.

Competitions

Primera Division - Apertura

League Table

It was a very good first attempt at going for the title in our first season back in the Primera Division.Ultimately the draw against our rivals Velez is what cost us the title and handed it to them on the very day we played them which was quite sickening.However,we can only get stronger as Velez won't be able to as most of their defence retire at the end of the season or moving abroad on pre-arranged transfers.We were superb when it came to defence and had a very good attack as well,a bit of luck would have seen us win the title but unfortunately you can't buy luck.

Primera Division - Clausura

League Table

I'm going to keep this short and simple,I'm extremely annoyed with the way we bottled the Clausura.All we needed to do was win one of the last two games and we drew them both thus completing the bottling as we were in a very good position just a month before but five draws in the last seven games ultimately cost us the title.Hopefully the players will learn from this experience and get the job done next season!

Copa Argentina

Winners

We started off in the 5th round where we easily disposed of Quilmes as we won 6-0 with Zamponi scoring four of those goals.The 6th round saw us face rivals Velez,a goal just before half time from Acre was enough to see our rivals off as we scraped through with a 1-0 victory.The 7th round saw us face Nacional B side Boca Unidos,they deserve a lot of credit as they fought for everything but they just couldn't match our quality as we went through with a 1-0 victory.The game game against Belgrano in the quarter finals was quite the master class for finishing as we beat them 3-0.The semi-final saw us batter Rosario Central but only draw 1-1 so the game went to penalties which we won 4-2 as we didn't need the fifth penalty taker to take his so it was the right result but was the long way of doing it!We were the better side in the final as we had more shots and better possession but it was Gonzalo Fernandez who stole the show as he hit 4 goals from the MC position which was brilliant showing and was unfortunate not to get a perfect 10 rating (He got 9.8!).

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 36/37 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Player's Stats for the season.

Top Scorer

Walter Zamponi - 37 Goals

An excellent season from the player who was dubbed signing of the season as he hit 37 goals in 42 appearances as well as providing 8 assists to help the goal scoring cause.He performed brilliantly throughout the season as he averaged at 7.68 which was the highest average in the team.The only downside is that I put a stupid clause in his contract that if he got capped by Argentina once,he gets £18k a week which was dumb on my behalf as I didn't think he'd get capped so quickly.He is now also wanted by Valencia and Real Madrid from Spain as well as French sides Lorient and P.S.G.His performances and goal scoring record saw him pick up Maximo Goleador and Fans Player of the Year.

Most Assists

Ernesto Chavez - 19 Assists

One of the free transfers I picked up as he came from Tigre.He topped the assist chart with 19 but also helped with the scoring as he hit the net 15 times as well as our front three showed their deadliness when it came to attacking.Chavez averaged at 7.42 from the season which was a very good return and definitely worth the £5.5k a week we pay him.I think his form deserves a call up to the Argentina side but I would favour my players more.Hopefully he can continue with this form going into next season and hopefully I will have a backup to give him a bit of a rest as he was tired by the end of the season.

Special Mention

Matias Di Paola

With how he performed last season,he was well worth the £4 million we paid out for him,he performed that well,he was called up to the Argentina squad but didn't actually play in any games.It's still an encouraging sign as he will be the heart of the defence for a long time to come and I feel it is only a matter of time before he makes his debut for Argentina.He made 43 appearances last season,scored five goals and won player of the match six times while averaging at 7.66 from his appearances which is a brilliant return for a defender.His performances have seen clubs become interested in him but the main club who keep making offers for him are Sao Paulo,I'd rather sell him to a European team then a Brazilian side!All I hope is that he is here for a long time to come.

Manager's Thoughts

Even with us choking in the Clausura,it was a brilliant first season in the Primera Division and with a few signings,we should be able to challenge at full throttle in the next couple of seasons.I was pleased with our performance in the Copa Argentina,especially when we knocked out Velez as well as the 5-1 victory over Tigre.My worry is that some of my players are now attracting attention from bigger clubs,Zamponi who is destined to be a star is wanted by Real Madrid,Valencia (reigning Liga BBVA Champs!) and the two richest clubs in France,P.S.G and Lorient which is annoying as he has a £34 million minimum fee and that will have to be met if they want him.If I can keep the team together then we will be a lot stronger next season as we will have more depth to the team which should put a bit of fear into the opposition considering how close we were this season to winning the stages.

I still have two years left on my contract but that could possibly go into the 2040's depending on if I fail to win the Copa Libertadores,if I win it before 2039 then I wil leave at the end of my contract.We are having a training facility upgrade which will be completed in February 2038,there is no youth facility upgrade at the moment as my board don't like doing two upgrades at the same time which for me is annoying as we have the money to upgrade both.There won't be many signings made,there will be a couple of defenders who are replacing two who are retiring,we will also have a new AMR and AML definitely coming in,then all we need is a backup keeper and a backup striker then we will be set for the next couple of seasons.

Season       Club          Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       4th       3rd Rnd        N/A          1618     Playoff Defeat!
2013    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       1st         Q.F          N/A          3540     Playoff Vitors!
2014    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       4th       WINNERS        N/A          3707     FA Cup Winners!
2015    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       3rd       WINNERS      WINNERS        4233     Left 18/11/15
2015/16   Wigan Ath.     Championship     England       5th       6th Rnd        N/A         13218     Playoff Winners!
2016/17   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       8th      Runners Up      N/A         19551     Top half finish.
2017/18   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       5th*      3rd Rnd*       N/A         17379     Left in Dec 17
2017/18    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       5th Rnd     Group Stage    42445     League Winners!
2018/19    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       50024      Won Treble!
2019/20    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS     Semi-Final     53101    Resigned at E.O.S
2020/21  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st         Q.F        WINNERS       68158      Won Double!
2021/22  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       70368      Clean Sweep!
2022/23  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       69688      Clean Sweep!
2023/24   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       5th       WINNERS     Group Stage    12177     S.A Cup WINNERS!
2024/25   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       15289      Clean Sweep!
2025/26  Sunderland       BSB Premier     England       1st       2nd Rnd        N/A         13202       Promtion!  
2026/27  Sunderland     nPower League 2   England       2nd      Runners Up      N/A         16683    Promotion + JPT Win!
2027/28  Sunderland     nPower League 1   England       1st       5th Rnd      WINNERS       24439        Treble!          
2028/29  Sunderland      Championship     England       1st       6th Rnd      2nd K.O       27407      Won Double!        
2029/30  Sunderland      Premier League   England       2nd       WINNERS      WINNERS       37235      Cup Double!        
2030/31  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       48093     Won Quadruple!      
2031/32  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       51438      Clean Sweep!       
2032/33   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico     12th/2nd   G.S/WINNERS      N/A         30182   Closing Stage Double!
2033/34   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       31838      Won Double!
2034/35   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       32639      Won Treble!
2035/36   Ferros          Nacional B     Argentina      1st      Runners Up      N/A         10950      Promotion!
2036/37   Ferros       Primera Division  Argentina    2nd/2nd     WINNERS        N/A         15309    Copa Argentina Win!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - Pre-Season 2037/38

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Nine players left the club on loan as I looked to see if they could develop into decent players with first team exposure at other clubs.Seven players left the club on free transfers as they were no longer needed as they didn't have the quality or the ability to make it here.We only bought four players in as I looked to increase the depth of the team,Lessman and Solano will provide backup for Chavez and Ortiz and they have a lot of potential as well.Where as Salazar and Aciar have been bought in to to provide backup and replace two defenders who have just retired.Any remaining funds will be put to use on a backup striker as well as a backup as that is all we really need then we will have strong backups which will help massively.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ce2dfc92-9a29-4aef-969e-85eba1627936_zps1cf730bd.jpg

Not too bad of a pre-season and even though we lost too Leverkusen,it was encouraging as they are the 2nd best team in Germany at the moment,behind Bayern Munich.The latter fixtures were more to try some of the fringe players out as well as try and gain match fitness for the new season.

The Team

Tactics - Team Reports

Key Players

Juan Cabrera - GK

Matias Di Paola - DC

Juan Calvo - MC

Walter Zamponi - AMC/ST

We have a very useful spine to the team which can be seen,they each played a massive part in helping us last season and hopefully it will continue this season as it will be a bit more difficult due to the amount of games we will end up playing due to playing in continental competitions.Cabrera and Zamponi have already made international appearances and it will be only a matter of time before Di Paola and Calvo get called up if they can carry on with their impressive form.My only concern is with Zamponi as he is getting a lot of attention off other teams and I feel it is only a matter of time before a club puts in a ridiculous bid for him.All I hope is that we can keep them together and have a successful season.

Manager's Thoughts

We've done what we can during pre-season and bought in some top quality players to help strengthen the team which is the most important thing as I don't want to run out of steam like we did towards the end of last season.Even though we have strengthen most positions,I still need to find a backup goalkeeper and a backup striker and we will be set for a long time to come.We do have some promising youth players coming through but they are not quite good enough to make it into the first team as a backup.I am looking forward to this season as we get to lock horns with some of the continents best as we have qualified for Copa Sudamericana and I think we've qualified for the Copa Libertadores as well so it will be exciting times for us in the near future.I think there will only be a couple of Brazilian sides to be scared of as I know I can beat any Argentinian side on our day.

We kick off the season with seven games in August,the most important for me is the double header against Rosario Central in the Copa Sudamericana 2nd preliminaries and I know that we can beat them.We have five league games with the game against Boca being the hardest of the month but I know we cannot take anything for granted considering how we messed things up at the end of last season.We also face Newell who we weakened as we signed their number one defender during pre-season we do have an easier start so hopefully we can build morale up and keep it at a higher level.I think Boca will be the main title rivals this season as Velez have been weakened a lot due to retirements,players leaving and hopefully some midfielders will leave which should make our job of beating them slightly easier.Time to get the season off to a flyer!

Animosama - We do need the upgrades,I would love the board to do both at the same time but I guess we will have to take it one upgrade at a time.I hope it will be a good season!

cerud - Cheers fella :D We should learn from our mistakes although I do believe the biggest threat will come off Boca this season.

deltablue - Without sounding too much of a Liverpool fan,there's always next season :D

JackJCFC - I hope so.Our youngsters are not too bad as we do get players with 3.5* and 3* PA come through so they will make for good back ups.Next season will be our youth upgrade!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - August 2037

Fixtures

35bc893c-626e-4f49-9047-db2f9b7def63_zps513ed74c.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zps31dbde0c.png

Manager's Thoughts

The most important thing for me was the Copa Sudamericana result as knocked out Rosario Central 7-1 on aggregate,I didn't even bother with playing Zamponi up front in the 2nd leg as I decided to give a debut to Solano and put Ortiz up front.We've made an unbeaten start in the league although I was very disappointed with the draw against Talleres Cba as we completely destroyed them yet couldn't find the winner.We also had a couple of brilliant wins as we beat Independiente 4-2 and Newell Old Boys 4-0!The only downside from the start is for the fans as they have not seen a home win yet,hopefully that will change.From the start,this is going to be a very close Apertura and I am quite surprised to see Union sit at top after the first month but it is still early days and we will probably get a better view at the end of October to see who will be fighting for the title.

September sees four league games and I think we will have a fifth game as we should play the 1st leg in the Copa Suamericana 1st round.I don't really mind who we face in the South American version of the Europa League but I'd rather save the pleasure of beating Internacional in the final so anyone but them.The league games see us face San Lorenzo,Tiro Federal,Tigre and Union.Those games are not too difficult,we beat Tigre three times last season and we should be able to easily beat Tiro Federal as they are struggling a bit.San Lorenzo are very inconsistent at times,sometimes they are brilliant then others they are not,at the moment they are playing below par so hopefully that will stay the same till after we face them.Union could be quite difficult as they have done well so far with the only game they lost was narrowly to Velez so we will need to pay to our best to get anything from them.All I want is for us to carry on our unbeaten start to the season.

I have a feeling it's going to be really close this season,I just need to beat some of the big teams when we face them to give us some momentum.Although the Copa Sudamericana is going very well and we are in a very strong position to move on to the next round.

Good start apart from losing points to Talleres, everything else looks stellar. You seem to be at the stage I was a couple of months before in my own career, also beat Rosario in the first Sudamericana round, hope that gives you good luck and you get to lift that trophy too.

Animosama - It's gotten even better during September as we beat everyone they put in front of us :D

shaq676 - He had developed very well so far,he is 22 and has 2 caps for England.He joined Man Utd in 2035/36 for £17.75 million in which I am extremely disappointed in that move as I'm a Man City fan :lol:

AK22 - We will shake off the bottlers tag eventually,I hope so as well otherwise I don't think we'll ever shake the bottlers tag off!

noikeee - Thanks mate :D You beat Rosario in the first round as well,that is a good sign for me!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - September 2037

Fixtures

ce44de85-1ef7-454f-bde9-c42c4e533e86_zps62671a56.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zps96f76bbb.png

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we won all five games this month as we topped the table and left ourselves in an excellent position in the Copa Sudamericana.The Copa Sudamericana saw us take apart Paraguayan side Cerro Porteno and they were extremely lucky it was not more then 4-0 as we completely destroyed them but it has left us in an excellent position to progress!The League saw the games be a bit tighter but we came out on top in all of them,we beat the early leaders Union with Zamponi scoring the vital goal,we also won against a tough San Lorenzo side with Zamponi hitting a double there as well.The easiest of the games was against Tigre who hate playing against us,in the five games they faced when I've been in charge,Tigre have conceded 20 goals!It's good to have been this unbeatable but we still have Boca right behind us which is very annoying but I am confident we can hold them off!

October has five games to play,on the continental front,we face Cerro Porteno in the return game and I feel we are in a very strong position to move to the next round but we have to be professional and finish the job off!The league is a bit tougher this month as we kick the month off with a home game against rivals Velez who have not lived up to last season's performances so far,this is the perfect opportunity to face them as we can show we mean business.We also have a tough games against Rosario Central and River who will both give us a challenge although Rosario will be hoping we don't stick another five past them!We also face strugglers Estudiantes (LP) but I have to be careful as we struggled to beat the clubs at the bottom which was the main cause of our bottling last season.Let's hope we can keep our good form going and hopefully we will have a bigger points gap over 2nd place by the end of the month!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - October 2037

Fixtures

8cb7ea8b-dc5b-4cd3-b14c-ddf1d0247e0d_zps85047bbc.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zpsc560d89f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another excellent month where we made progress in the Copa Sudamericana and only dropped two points in the league in which Boca have done well to keep up with us so I am thankful to have already played them!On the continental front,we finished off Cerro Porteno with a comfortable 3-1 victory to give us a 7-1 aggregate victory.The quarter final first leg against Atletico Mineiro appears to be a bit of a tougher match but in reality,they were lucky they didn't concede four or more as we battered there goal but we are in a good position to advance.The league saw us drop two points against River in which we took 25 shots with 11 on target so they actually gave us a lesson in finishing!The highlight of the month was the battle against Velez,we beat our rivals 2-0 in a battle of a game in which 10 players were booked and two were sent off,now that is a classic derby.

November sees us play another five fixtures in which the toughest is the 2nd leg of the Copa Sudamericana against Atletico Mineiro as we travel to Brazil,we have a good advantage but we will need to be at our best to make sure we advance to the semi-final.The league doesn't appear to be difficult at all as the highest position team we face are Belgrano who sit in 14th!During the month we will also face Racing Club (20th),Atl.Tucuman (19th) and Argentinos (18th),I will be looking forward to the Argentinos game as I'll get to go head to head with Gaston Ramirez who is a former player of mine from when I was at Bayern Munich so it's quite a unique situation for me.All I hope from next month is we don't blow it against the lower positioned sides like last season!

Thanks guys :D We lost our first game of the season as we lost 1-0 to Atletico Mineiro which meant we went through 2-1.The semi-final draw for Copa Sudamericana.....Ferro vs Velez!!

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - November 2037

Fixtures

8f6b2f9c-762e-43d2-9f0b-7adad56ac4d4_zps9db03b11.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zpsa1d30273.png

Manager's Thoughts

In the Copa Sudamericana,we were battered by Atletico Mineiro but at the end of the day we lost the battle but won the war as there finishing let them down as we snuck a 2-1 aggregate victory to move on to the semi-final.The semi-final saw us face rivals Velez and I can proudly say that they can shove both the titles they won last season up where the sun don't shine as we knocked them out 5-2 on aggregate to move onto the final!The league saw us end up with three games instead of four which is the main reason we are in second as we have a game in hand.Not one of the league teams gave us much challenge and it has put us in a very good position going into the last month of the Apertura.All we need to do is win all three remaining games to clinch the title,I can't even pick out a stand out performance in the league as we were brilliant in each match!

December is a very important month for us as we can clinch the Apertura as well as the Copa Sudamericana!We also kick off our Copa Argentina campaign with a tie against lower league opposition in the shape of San Telmo and I will field a strong side to show my intent.For the Copa Sudamericana final,we will face Corinthians who are the most successful side to ever compete in the competition,if we play to our best it will be difficult but we will be able to win.The league has three more league games for ourselves,three wins will guarantee us the title as well,we face Independiente Rivadavia,Racing Club and Gumnasia (LP).These three games are all winnable but we cannot take anything for granted as we screwed up against the lower teams last season,hopefully we can get rid of the bridesmaid curse and clinch the title after two near misses!

Archived