[FM13] - Don't bash the bishops! - Durham City

acidmonkey

I see no reason why Spennymoor wouldn't apply for promotion.
It is mainly to do with their infastructure. They are a pretty new club in reality as Spennymoor United AFC went out of business.

i may be wrong but the fans of other northern league clubs ive spoke to see it as they dont want to swap being a big club in the NLD1 for being a small club in the league above, the more they win they get the pick of the leagues players, this year will be fun as Darlo are after promotion.

Looking good to win this time.
League looks your now.

Thanks, It gets better check out next months post!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5103870.png30007239.png

February Update

Durham City 1-0 Consett (Northern League Division One)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Durham City's Jamie Cheeseman overshadowed events on what was a wet evening at New Ferens Park.

Young midfielder Patrick Gorman got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring an incisive finish from 14 yards on 7 minutes. Durham City also saw their 70th minute strike questionably chalked off.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was poor throughout.

Player of the Match: Patrick Gorman (Durham City)

Attendance: 141

Chorley FC 1-1 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final)

Youth and experience were unable to be separated on a breezy afternoon at Victory Park as a young Chorley FC team played out a draw against a much more experienced Durham City side.

Durham City's Patrick Gorman was back in the dressing room after earning himself a second yellow card in the 45th minute. Chorley FC finally took the lead when enthusiastic midfielder Steven Boothman scored an incisive finish from 18 yards on 76 minutes.

With time rapidly running out, journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu then scored a nice effort from 16 yards to equalise for Durham City. Full-back Luke Beastall's red card for ungentlemanly conduct on 90 minutes put Chorley FC's position under question.

Player of the Match: Steven Boothman (Chorley FC)

Attendance: 442

Durham City 2-0 Bishop Auckland (Northern League Division One)

Bishop Auckland had no answer to Durham City's prowess from dead-ball situations as The Citizens scored all their goals from set-pieces on a wet evening at New Ferens Park.

Midfielder Dan Gullen gave Durham City the lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 25th minute. An error from Bishop Auckland's Scott Mould allowed young striker Fred Deasy to score a tame effort.

Player of the Match: Dan Gullen (Durham City)

Attendance: 171

Durham City 3-2 Chorley FC (Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final)

One of the league's worst defences so far this season continued to struggle as Chorley FC lost to Durham City on a mild spring afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy's red card for abuse of an official on 20 minutes put Durham City's position under question. Gilchrist scored from the penalty spot after Skidmore gave away a penalty. Durham City's equaliser came through Vince James as he seized on Craig Sinclair's mistake to score a simple finish from close in. Then followed controversy as Chorley FC were denied claims by young striker Johnny O'Grady for a penalty.

Wildig was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Teague gave away a penalty. The Durham City fans might have been forgiven for thinking that their side would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over.

O'Grady equalised for Chorley FC in the 88th minute with a nice effort from 16 yards. Despite being down to ten men, young midfielder Michael Cole clinched a late winner on 92 minutes with a tidy finish from 12 yards.

Durham City therefore win 4-3 on aggregate.

Player of the Match: Dan Gullen (Durham City)

Attendance: 150

Table after 35 games

1stDurham City 77 Points

2nd Norton 66 Points

3rd S. Shields 65 Points

4th Whitley Bay 63 Points

5th Long Eaton 59 Points

Well the title is in my hands as far as I’m concerned, we started the month with a very even game but a decent performance against Consett, I was happy with the clean sheet and the three points, even more since we scored so early on and defended that lead for the rest of the game, but the big plus point was Gorman getting the goal and grabbing a man of the match. The next game was always going to be tough as Chorley are challenging for promotion in the Northern Premier which is two leagues away from me, so when we had a man sent off at half time I wasn’t happy especially with it being Gorman after his brilliant performance against consett and from then on it was all pressure form Chorley they finally got their lead in the 76th minute but that seemed to spark us into life and Dosunmu got us square with three mins remaining to take an away goal for the second leg. But before the second leg we got back to league action, at home to Bishop Auckland, and im very happy with the clean sheet, but what made me happier was the ease in which we won without Dosunmu scoring and when Deasy cut in from the left wing to make it two and seal the win I know id go into the cup second leg with the league all but won. The second leg was a dramatic game as Chorley took the lead from a spot kick in the 21st minute, which saw us reduced to ten men, for the rest of the game and I did fear the flood gates would open and id get hammered but we came back and levelled through james, after that it was very even till a spot kick allowed us to take the lead through 16 year old Wildig who has 17 for penalty taking. And I thought we had edged the game only to level in the 88th and force extra time, and it was a tale of another U18 player as Cole grabbed the winner in the 92nd minute to send us to the northern league final.

i may be wrong but the fans of other northern league clubs ive spoke to see it as they dont want to swap being a big club in the NLD1 for being a small club in the league above, the more they win they get the pick of the leagues players, this year will be fun as Darlo are after promotion.

They beat Darlo away from home 2-0 lately too :cool:

5103870.png30007239.png

March Update

Team Northumbria 2-3 Durham City (Northern League Division One)

Team Northumbria enjoyed a considerable height advantage but were unable to overcome their shorter opponents, perhaps proving that on a mild spring evening at Coach Lane Sports Ground at least, brains were more important than brawn.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy gave Durham City the lead with a shot from 23 yards in the 21st minute. Things went from bad to worse for Team Northumbria as journeyman midfielder Gary Kelly earned himself an early bath for a bad tackle on 25 minutes.

Striker Jay Walcott ensured things went from bad to worse for Team Northumbria on 53 minutes with an embarrassing own-goal. Walcott put Team Northumbria back in with a shout on 55 minutes with a well timed finish from close range but it was too little, too late.

Durham City's Danny Boys was back in the dressing room after earning himself a second yellow card in the 57th minute. Sodje scored with a good header from just inside the six-yard box in the 60th minute to extend the lead further.

Walcott put Team Northumbria back in with a shout on 81 minutes with a real poacher's effort from 14 yards but it was too little, too late.

Player of the Match: Jay Walcott (Team Northumbria)

Attendance: 91

Durham City 0-0 Shildon AFC (Northern League Division One)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Durham City's Adebayo Akinfenwa overshadowed events on what was a wet evening at New Ferens Park.

Durham City had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Player of the Match: Lewis Owen (Shildon AFC)

Attendance: 170

Newcastle Benfield 2-0 Durham City (Northern League Division One)

Durham City's match against Newcastle Benfield will have been a moment Durham City's Paul Lunan will want to forget as he suffered defeat at the hands of his former club.

Journeyman striker Paul Brayson got Newcastle Benfield off to a flyer by scoring a fierce shot on 8 minutes. An error from Durham City's Fred Deasy allowed journeyman midfielder Mark Hudson to score an accurate finish. Brayson then had a chance to score from the penalty spot on the 84 minute mark but missed his spot-kick.

Things went from bad to worse for Durham City as young midfielder Fred Deasy earned himself an early bath for persistent fouling on 85 minutes.

Player of the Match: Mark Hudson (Newcastle Benfield)

Attendance: 99

Durham City 2-0 Sunderland Ryhope (Northern League Division One)

Sunderland Ryhope succumbed to a 2-0 loss in this evening's Northern League Division One clash at New Ferens Park.

Veteran striker Eifion Williams gave Durham City the lead with an incisive finish from 18 yards in the 33rd minute. Young midfielder Patrick Gorman completed the scoring for Durham City with a diving header from within the six-yard box on 64 minutes.

Attendance: 139

Durham City 2-1 Marske United (Northern League Division One)

Durham City's match against Marske United will have been a meaningful one for Durham City's Alex Skidmore as he was able to celebrate victory over his former club.

Things did not get off to a good start for Marske United as veteran striker Eifion Williams seized on an error by Rob Molyneux to score a close range finish which was timed impeccably. Marske United also saw their 25th minute strike questionably chalked off.

Williams added his 2nd goal of the game with an incisive finish from 12 yards on 32 minutes. Experienced striker Jay May's 35th minute strike proved the only consolation for Marske United.

Player of the Match: Eifion Williams (Durham City)

Attendance: 132

Durham City 0-1 Boston United (Northern League Challenge Cup Final)

On a fine summer's afternoon at Belle Vue Stadium, Boston United lifted the Northern League Challenge Cup to complete a fairytale journey for the team.

The first incident of note was on 22 minutes as Durham City were denied claims by Ashley Peters for a penalty. Midfielder James Armstrong's red card for persistent fouling on 59 minutes put Boston United's position under question.

With the game nearing an end, it was John Fitzgerald who scored a real poacher's effort from 12 yards to give Boston United the lead on 110 minutes. Fitzgerald's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Durham City had the better of the ball but failed to capitalise and watched their opponents create more chances.

Player of the Match: Gary Silk (Boston United)

Attendance: 2,214

Table after 40 games

1stDurham City 87 Points

2nd S. Shields 78 Points

3rd Norton 75 Points

4th Whitley Bay 67 Points

5th Long Eaton 64 Points

Well we started the month well with a solid win over team Northumbria, we got the lead through Deasy before letting the lead go, but once we went down to ten men we rallied ahard to get the three points we followed it up with a trip to Shildon where we could easily stil be playing a month later and still it would be 0-0 on the plus side we were easily the better of the two sides but and perhaps should have had the three points but it wasn’t to be result’s went our way and we got a bit ahead of second, but that was all undone against befield as we struggled massively and just were not at the races as we were easily beaten I don’t mind the odd defeat we aren’t going to win them all! We got back to winning ways though at home to RCA as goals in each half got us the three points Williams for us the lead in the 33 minute, with a good strike, and winger Gorman cut in and got our second in the 64th minute, we then welcomed Marske to new ferens as we build up to the northern league cup final. And it was a quick fire brace from Williams to give us a two goal lead by the 33rd minute, Marske pulled one back to make it closer but we never looked like losing and I hoped to take it into the cup final and despite playing Boston United who as challenging for promotion into the Blue square north I expected a tough time and we gave as good as we got for the 90 minutes and forced extra time and I had a feeling it was heading for penalties only for a 110th minute strike to end the cup game I was gutted I honestly thought we would have took them in a shoot out. So we move onto the last six games knowing 4 wins will seal us promotion

5103870.png30007239.png

April Update

Ashington 2-1 Durham City (Northern League Division One)

Ashington enjoyed a considerable height advantage over their opponents and used it to full effect en route to victory on a wet evening at Woodhorn Lane.

Veteran striker Eifion Williams gave Durham City the lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 33rd minute. Striker Andrew Johnson then equalised for Ashington in the 60th minute with an effort from 21 yards.

Then followed controversy as Durham City were denied claims by full-back Danny Boys for a penalty. Johnson scored what proved to be the winner in the 67th minute with an incisive finish from 15 yards.

Player of the Match: Andrew Johnson (Ashington)

Attendance: 121

Dunston UTS 0-3 Durham City (Northern League Division One)

Durham City's match against Dunston UTS will have been a meaningful one for Durham City's Shaun Walsh as he was able to celebrate victory over his former club.

Midfielder Jamie Winter gave Durham City the lead with a shot from distance in the 20th minute. Midfielder Jamie Winter's red card for a bad tackle on 51 minutes put Durham City's position under question.

An error from Dunston UTS' Alan Ryder allowed journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu to score a deftly executed finish. Dosunmu completed the rout on 76 minutes with an accurate finish.

It was a superb solo effort and Dosunmu looked delighted.

Player of the Match: Tosin Dosunmu (Durham City)

Attendance: 96

Norton & Stockton Ancients 2-2 Durham City (Northern League Division One)

Norton & Stockton Ancients were unable to provide manager Andy Campbell with a win on his birthday as they drew 2-2 with Durham City at Norton (Teesside) Sports Complex.

Experienced striker Michael Mackay gave Norton & Stockton Ancients the lead with a deftly executed finish from 20 yards in the 62nd minute. Young midfielder Patrick Gorman then equalised for Durham City in the 64th minute with a real poacher's effort from 13 yards.

Durham City's Paul Lunan was back in the dressing room after earning himself a second yellow card in the 66th minute. Mackay then added his 2nd goal of the game with an accurate finish from inside the penalty area on 75 minutes.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy equalised for Durham City after 78 minutes with a deflected shot.

Player of the Match: Michael Mackay (Norton & Stockton Ancients)

Attendance: 130

Durham City 1-0 Long Eaton United (Northern League Division One)

Youth was no match for experience on a mild spring afternoon at New Ferens Park as a young Long Eaton United team succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of a much more experienced Durham City side.

Young midfielder Patrick Gorman got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring an effort which hit the inside of the post before crossing the line on 7 minutes.

Durham City were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Player of the Match: Sam Sodje (Durham City)

Attendance: 280

Durham City 1-0 Long Eaton United (Northern League Division One)

Youth was no match for experience on a mild spring afternoon at New Ferens Park as a young Long Eaton United team succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of a much more experienced Durham City side.

Young midfielder Patrick Gorman got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring an effort which hit the inside of the post before crossing the line on 7 minutes.

Durham City were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 280

So we moved into the final push for promotion with a couple of games against the chasing pack but its in our hands and we knew a giant collapse would be the only way we shouldn’t be lifting the title come may, and we stated the month off badly we deserved to lose we were no good and got what we deserved out the game, we need to step it up to seal the title. So afterwards we went into a top v bottom clash hoping to put things right, always in the back of my mind I expected to struggle as we always do against Billingham but we took the lead through a Penalty, but despite dominating we still only came away with a point as our bogey man Michael Rae came and levelled. We travelled to Dunston knowing four points would seal the title and when we took the lead we had dunston coming at us and I had a feeling we might let it slip away but we came back stronger in the second half with Dosunmu getting a brace to put us within touching distance of the title, We went into this game knowing a point gets us the title, so we had a tough game as we came from behind twice to claim the required point we are CHAMPIONS! An early goal against long Eaton was enough for the win as we sat back and defended our lead easily to go into the last game of the season with nothing to play for

5103870.png30007239.png

End-of-season Update

Durham City 0-0 Heanor Town (Northern League Division One)

On a breezy afternoon at New Ferens Park, Durham City had the honour of lifting the Northern League Division One title.

Durham City had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Player of the Match: Jason Gregory (Heanor Town)

Attendance: 448

Well we end the season with a stalemate we could have easily got a few goals and three points, but we finish the season with a point we could have had three but we had chances and failed to take them next season will be a step up and more fun.

Final table

northernleaguedivisiono.png

A great season for us bit disappointed that our up and down form meant we only managed to reach 96 points when we should have hit a century but I’m over the moon we managed to only lose four games, but good points for us are the fact we outscored the rest of the league and had the meanest defence, surprises this season though were Shildon finishing 12th after being runners up last year. Same with Bedlington terriers only managing 18th after a top four finish last year,

Top scorer

tosindosunmuoverviewpro.png

Tosin was my signing of the season his 28 league goals were what we were missing, in the past he managed to sign for £1m he’s getting on a bit but his stats helped him demolish the league he scored 33 goals in 43 games overall, he had a 53% shots on target but still managed plenty of goals despite tiring towards the end of the season, but he’s part of my Nigerian contingent.

El Capitan

samsodjeoverviewprofile.png

Former league defender Sodje was a great player for us this year an absolute rock at the back he scored twice he got a 7.32 rating for the season and will be my main centre back next year too.

5103870.png30010179.png

Pre-Season

Leeds United 3-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Durham City 0-6 Barnsley (Friendly)

Durham City 0-6 Birmingham City (Friendly)

Shildon AFC 4-7 Durham City (Friendly)

Ashington 3-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Colchester United 5-1 Durham City (Friendly)

August Update

Pickering Town 1-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Pickering Town's fans left Recreation Club wondering quite how their team had only managed to win

1-0.

Experienced striker Michael Frew gave Pickering Town the lead with a shot from 21 yards out in the

19th minute.

Durham City were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to

create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Player of the Match: John McGuinness (Durham City)

Attendance: 100

Durham City 2-1 Burscough (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Burscough were shorter by an average of 0'1" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the

day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

White scored from the penalty spot after Gorman gave away a penalty. Young striker Ross Davis

then equalised for Durham City in the 47th minute with a free kick from 33 yards.

Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu scored what proved to be the winner on 60 minutes with a

simple finish from close in. Durham City also saw their 93rd minute strike questionably chalked off.

Player of the Match: Shaun Walsh (Durham City)

Attendance: 233

Curzon Ashton 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against

Curzon Ashton in their Northern Premier League 1st Division North game at The Tameside Stadium.

Young winger Ramone Blackett gave Curzon Ashton the lead with an incisive finish from 14 yards in

the 26th minute. Curzon Ashton also saw their 53rd minute strike questionably chalked off.

Full-back Sam Buckingham equalised for Durham City after 59 minutes with a lucky strike.

Attendance: 156

Trafford FC 0-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's best defences was surprisingly undone as Trafford FC lost to Durham City on a

hard and bouncy surface at Shawe View.

Midfielder Jamie Winter gave Durham City the lead with a powerful long range strike in the 22nd

minute.

The match was remarkable for the number of fouls committed by both teams, seemingly more

concerned with disrupting the flow of the game than playing it.

Player of the Match: Jamie Winter (Durham City)

Attendance: 98

Durham City 1-0 Ramsbottom United (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over Ramsbottom United on a fine summer's

afternoon in their Northern Premier League 1st Division North game at New Ferens Park.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Durham City were denied claims by Jamie Winter

for a penalty. Young midfielder Fred Deasy gave Durham City the lead with a nice effort from 19

yards in the 14th minute.

Durham City had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many

as they maybe would have liked.

Player of the Match: Fred Deasy (Durham City)

Attendance: 248

What a month for our first one back in the Northern Premier League 1st Division after three years

away! Ill start with the friendlies which read in a very poor and sorry state however most of them

were for money making purposes for example the visits of Birmingham and Barnsley netted the club

£6k profit in each, the trip to Colchester got us £4.5k and the trip to Leeds got us £10k! so the money

making exercise has left us in a healthy financial position with a profit of at least £26.5k and im on

target for my balance to reach £100k by the end of the season it still leaves us with one of the lowest

wage budgets in the league though and we will struggle if any of our star players are poached from

us which I expect to happen so the aim is to rack as many points up as possible before the players

are poached, a little stat for you players are demanding £100+ for part-time contracts in the division,

the quality players are asking double that, my board will only allow contracts of £20 per week so it

leaves me at a disadvantage player wise and I was unable to convince numerous players to sign so

the likes of McGuiness and Dosunmu are all still on amateur contracts, so if they get poached im in

serious trouble.

We started the campaign needing a respectable league position and we find ourselves leading the

table going into September, we started with a trip to Pickering where we were dominated from start

to finish and only McGuinness kept the score down giving us a slim hope of nicking a point, but it

wasn’t to be as a new look back four were carved open repeatedly. But I’m happy to say we bounced

back in our first home game of the season as Buscough visited Durham, they took an early lead

from the spot up we managed to turn it around a 33yard free-kick (ill upload it) from young striker

Ross Davis to get our goals up and running before that man Dosunmu scored the winner in the hour

mark, we also had a third ruled out for offside but the point was we got points at the second time

of asking. We followed that up with a hard fought draw away at Curzon they took the lead mid way

through the first half, before Full Back Buckingham fluked the ball in for a point but they all count.

We then got maximum points on the road at Trafford FC as the leagues best defence came up

against my flukiest strike force a long range strike from winter in the 22 nd minute (will upload it) gave

us all the points as we sat back later in the second half to claim three points and a clean sheet. We

then got another win and another clean sheet against Ramsbottom as we deservedly took all the

points we just struggled to get the goals we deserved Deasy this time give us the lead in the 14 th

minute but we failed to add to the tally so I sat back again towards the end to claim the points. I

can’t see us getting much this season my aim is a mid-table finish and build from there

5103870.png30010179.png

September Update

Durham City 3-1 AFC Blackpool (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Goal-friendly AFC Blackpool suffered a 3-1 defeat against Durham City on a wet evening at New

Ferens Park.

AFC Blackpool captain Danny Egan gave AFC Blackpool the lead with a nice effort from 13 yards in

the 19th minute. Young midfielder Shaun Walsh then equalised for Durham City in the 21st minute

with a free kick from the edge of the area.

Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu put Durham City in front in the 29th minute with a placed shot

which hit the inside of the post before crossing the line. An error from AFC Blackpool's Eddie Parkin

allowed Dosunmu to score an incisive finish from 18 yards.

Attendance: 249

Warrington Town 2-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A windy afternoon at Cantilever Park saw Warrington Town come out on top against a surprisingly

lacklustre Durham City side.

Young striker Andrew Bailey got Warrington Town off to a flyer by scoring a real poacher's effort

from 16 yards on 4 minutes. When Campbell gave away a penalty, McGowan confidently stepped up

to score from the spot. Young striker Ross Davis' 79th minute strike proved the only consolation for

Durham City.

Player of the Match: Andrew Bailey (Warrington Town)

Attendance: 145

Durham City 2-0 New Mills FC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

New Mills FC were shorter by an average of 0'3" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the

day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu gave Durham City the lead with a close range header in the 22nd

minute. Young midfielder Fred Deasy completed the scoring for Durham City with a powerful effort

on 47 minutes.

Attendance: 271

Harrogate Railway Athletic 1-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Harrogate Railway Athletic put their usual poor discipline to one side as they defeated Durham City

on a fine summer's afternoon at Station View.

The match began in controversy with Harrogate Railway Athletic seeing a goal disallowed in

controversial circumstances. Young striker Callum Terrell gave Harrogate Railway Athletic the lead

with a real poacher's effort from 19 yards in the 20th minute.

Harrogate Railway Athletic's Jordan Jones was back in the dressing room after earning himself a

second yellow card in the 45th minute.

Durham City covered a lot of ground but also conceded far too many fouls, meaning their effort was

often for nothing.

Player of the Match: Dave Stevenson (Harrogate Railway Athletic)

Attendance: 100

Durham City 1-0 Salford City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Salford City, who have one of the league's poorest disciplinary records, suffered defeat against

Durham City on a breezy evening at New Ferens Park.

Durham City's winner came through Fred Deasy as he seized on Jordan Scott's mistake to score a

powerful penalty. Things then went from bad to worse for Salford City as Salford City captain James

Holden was back in the dressing room on 79 minutes.

Durham City were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls

committed by their enthusiastic opponents.

Attendance: 205

Farsley FC 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Farsley FC were physically outmatched by an average of 0'2" per player by their opponents but

nonetheless ran out victorious, showing that on a mild summer's afternoon at Throstle Nest at least,

smaller players are just as capable.

Young striker Rob Moncur got Farsley FC off to a flyer by scoring a nice effort from 18 yards on 3

minutes. Striker Ged Dalton completed the scoring for Farsley FC with a powerful effort from 21

yards on 42 minutes.

Player of the Match: Ged Dalton (Farsley FC)

Well we started the month by continuing our good run of form as we welcomed AFC Blackpool to

Durham we did go a goal down before we rallied back and Walsh equalised from from a free-kick in

the 21st minute, before 8 minutes later Dosunmu got us the lead, that man Dosunmu put the game

out of sight for Blackpool too as he got our third not long after the re-start. However we didnt keep

the form going over the rest of the month as a trip to Warrington resulted in us conceeding two

early goals and waiting until the 79th minute before rallying back to get only a consolation through

Davis we just were genrally poor but knew we had to improve for the visit of New Mills, and we

managed just that grabbing a goal either side of half time to claim all three points as a first half

strike by dosunmu and a second half strike by Deasy gave us the spoils. A 75 mile trip south saw us

put on a poor show in front of goal we conceeded early but had the opportunities against 10-men

harrogate to take all three points but just couldnt manage to score. But we continued our good

home form as a penalty by Deasy got us all three points against Salford, my aim this season is still

just mid-table ish the bottom of the division is poor and a good run will see us comfortably mid-

table. But again we played poorly away from home as two first half goals easily gave Farsley all three

points we need to improve ALOT more to get what im aiming for.

5103870.png30010179.png

October Update

Durham City 0-1 Winsford United (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Winsford United continued their prolific campaign with a 1-0 win over Durham City at New Ferens

Park.

Striker Jon Stephens gave Winsford United the lead with a tidy finish from 13 yards in the 16th

minute.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was

poor throughout.

Player of the Match: Neil Prescott (Durham City)

Attendance: 273

Durham City 0-1 Stockport Sports (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Stockport Sports continued their prolific campaign with a 1-0 win over Durham City at New Ferens

Park.

Striker Oliver Forsyth gave Stockport Sports the lead with a tidy finish from 16 yards in the 59th

minute. Durham City were nearly gifted a goal on 90 minutes through James Doig's lapse in

concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Durham City were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to

Player of the Match: Conor Branson (Stockport Sports)

Attendance: 237

Scarborough Athletic 0-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Youth and experience were unable to be separated on a cold and wet evening at Queensgate

Stadium as a young Durham City team played out a draw against a much more experienced

Scarborough Athletic side.

Durham City had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many

as they maybe would have liked.

Player of the Match: Ashley Peters (Durham City)

Attendance: 194

Durham City 2-1 Tipton Town (Northern League Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd)

Durham City had their midfield to thank on a mild autumnal afternoon at New Ferens Park as they

showed their strikers how to finish.

Things did not get off to a good start for Tipton Town as young midfielder Ross Davis seized on

an error by Joe Loftus to score a deflected shot from 21 yards. Young midfielder Patrick Gorman

doubled Durham City's lead with a powerful effort on 14 minutes.

Durham City also saw their 51st minute strike questionably chalked off. Then followed controversy

as Durham City were denied claims by midfielder Kamil Mach for a penalty.

Midfielder Andy Nicholls' 74th minute strike proved the only consolation for Tipton Town.

Player of the Match: Ross Davis (Durham City)

Attendance: 161

Cammell Laird 0-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Cammell Laird went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'2" per player but proved

capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a mild autumnal afternoon at

Kirklands Stadium.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was

poor throughout.

Attendance: 99

Durham City 0-2 Goole AFC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Goole AFC continued their prolific campaign with a 2-0 win over Durham City at New Ferens Park.

Winger Danny Wright gave Goole AFC the lead with an incisive finish from 11 yards in the 30th

minute. Goole AFC captain Ashley Hodgkinson completed the scoring for Goole AFC with a header on

74 minutes.

Player of the Match: Danny Wright (Goole AFC)

Attendance: 185

We started the month with a trip to inform Winsford, which I always knew would be a difficult

game but we gave as good as we got in an end-to-end match both sides had chances and we

perhaps should feel a little unlucky to come away from the home game with nothing, we lost the

following game too as we start to slip a little with performances this time my old transfer target and

a player I’m still trying to sign Oliver Forsyth got the winner to claim the spoils for Stockport, we

really need to put in some decent performances this month to hang onto mid-table as everyone

is beat everyone else there’s a slim chance one of us could make a run for the top 6 or even get

cut adrift at the bottom and I certainly don’t want to get cut adrift! We finally got some sort of

improvement on the trip to Scarborough as we improved defensively to claim a well deserved clean

sheet however our finishing and play in the final third wasn’t up to much as we struggled to convert

our chances with Kell being the biggest culprit he needs a goal and badly. Tipton came to Durham

for the cup next and the strikers again failed to impress we had chance after chance after chance

and we struggled to score we could have been playing for hours and the front two wouldn’t convert

any chances its getting annoyingly frustrating! But thankfully it was our midfield who came to the

rescue as David and Gorman put Tipton to the sword and saw us safely through to the next round

of the cup we finished runners up of last year. Same old story in the league however as the front

two struggle this time against cammell we need to improve the front two and ill be doing all i can to

get them firing again Dosunmu is playing especially poorly but we are managing to grab the odd 0-0

draw but we need goals and fast! And the theme continued for the final game of the month against

Goole as we just struggled up top, this is getting worrying now but there’s still a long way of the

season to go and we can correct this.

5103870.png30010179.png

November Update

Ossett Albion 1-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City's match against Ossett Albion will have been a meaningful one for Durham City's Neil Prescott as he was able to celebrate victory over his former club.

When Nicholls gave away a penalty, Deasy confidently stepped up to score from the spot. Young midfielder Jack Nicholls then equalised for Ossett Albion in the 28th minute with an incisive finish from 12 yards.

Then followed controversy as Ossett Albion were denied claims by centre-back Adam Hutchinson for a penalty. Young midfielder Ross Davis scored what proved to be the winner on 75 minutes with an accurate finish.

Durham City 0-1 Celtic Nation (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Durham City's Neil Prescott overshadowed events on what was a mild autumnal evening at New Ferens Park.

Centre-back Ashley Williams gave Celtic Nation the lead with a deflected shot in the 44th minute.

The match was remarkable for the number of fouls committed by both teams, seemingly more concerned with disrupting the flow of the game than playing it.

Attendance: 175

Whitby Town 0-1 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd)

Durham City battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over Whitby Town on a mild summer's afternoon in their Northern League Challenge Cup Third Round game at Turnbull Ground.

With the game nearing an end, it was Gavin Carragher who scored a header to give Durham City the lead on 82 minutes. Carragher's impact delighted the fanas with his late goal.

Durham City 1-1 Skelmersdale United (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

After a 1-1 draw at New Ferens Park against Durham City, a key member of the Skelmersdale United side claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this Northern Premier League 1st Division North fixture with a draw.

Striker Matt Dinsmore gave Skelmersdale United the lead with an accurate finish in the 38th minute. With time rapidly running out, journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu then scored a deflected shot to equalise for Durham City.

Better late than never for Durham City and the fans were clearly delighted with Dosunmu's impact.

Attendance: 174

Prescot Cables 0-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Prescot Cables were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at Valerie Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Young centre-back Karl Petrie showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Durham City a goal on 35 minutes. Durham City finally took the lead when young striker Peter Kell scored a freak goal on 50 minutes.

Durham City may well look back on the number of shots they took from long range and rue their decisions, as they often proved wasteful.

Player of the Match: Peter Kell (Durham City)

Attendance: 136

Durham City 1-0 Pickering Town (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over Pickering Town on a breezy afternoon in their Northern Premier League 1st Division North game at New Ferens Park.

Young striker Peter Kell got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a shot from 21 yards on 2 minutes.

Durham City may well look back on the number of shots they took from long range and rue their decisions, as they often proved wasteful.

Attendance: 197

Well we continue our okish form as we travelled to Ossett albion with Prescott looking to get one over on his former club, and we got an early lead through a spot kick which Deasy converted with ease but Ossett were square moments later as 28th minute goal levelled the match, but we carried on going and going and we finally got what we deserved when Davis scored in the 75th minute to give us all three points, we followed it up with the visit of form sparring partners Celtic Nation, but the score doesn’t matter as Prescott suffered a torn hamstring and will be out for some time, we went onto lose the game from a celtic goal in the 44th minute and we just found no way back into the match. We had another cup game as we strive for back to back Northern League cup finals with a visit to Whitby and I put out a fairly young side as I look to see who of the U18s/reserves are good enough but it was a 82nd minute goal from Carragher who gave us the lead with a late header, which turned out to be the winner we returned to league action with the visit of Skelmersdale but we made it hard for ourselves as we gifted them the lead in the 38th minute then struggled to get our shots on target for the equaliser, but it was Dosunmu who finally levelled the game and sealed us a point. We visited Prescot cables with young striker Kell struggling for form but with injuries it meant he had to lead the line for us. Kell hadn’t scored in 15 league outings for us and was in desperate need of a goal so when his shot took two deflections and landed in the net the relief on his face was plain to see and I hoped it would be the start of something. As the goal turned out to be the winner! And I was right as the visit of Pickering saw us take a 2 minute lead as Kell scored a flyer from 21 yards, we both had chances for more goals but we took the 1-0 win and im happy to see Kell finally scoring for us.

5103870.png30010179.png

December Update

Durham City 2-1 Workington (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A young Durham City side showed that you can win with kids as they came out on top against a much more experienced Workington team on a cold and wet winter's evening at New Ferens Park.

Young midfielder Shaun Walsh gave Durham City the lead with a free kick from the edge of the area in the 27th minute. Young striker Allan Bates then equalised for Workington in the 58th minute with an effort which hit the inside of the post before crossing the line.

Young striker Peter Kell scored what proved to be the winner on 60 minutes with an accurate finish.

Attendance: 193

Durham City 1-0 Warrington Town (Northern League Challenge Cup 4th Rnd)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Warrington Town's Richard Cowan overshadowed events on what was a breezy afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Durham City's winner came through Karimm Wylie as he seized on Kieran Mortimer's mistake to score a close range effort. Wylie's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 176

Burscough 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Burscough continued their prolific campaign with a 2-0 win over Durham City at Victoria Park.

Winger Tom Schofield got Burscough off to a flyer by scoring a close range finish which was timed impeccably on 8 minutes. The last goal of the game came from young centre-back Jonathan Campbell whose 69th minute own-goal will undoubtedly cause him some embarrassment.

Player of the Match: Oscar Threlkeld (Burscough)

Attendance: 281

Durham City 0-1 Curzon Ashton (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A young Curzon Ashton side showed that you can win with kids as they came out on top against a much more experienced Durham City team on a wet evening at New Ferens Park.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Durham City were denied claims by Ross Davis for a penalty. With the game nearing an end, it was Westleigh Rush who scored an accurate finish to give Curzon Ashton the lead on 90 minutes.

Rush's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Player of the Match: Jon Guthrie (Curzon Ashton)

Attendance: 184

Ramsbottom United 0-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Ramsbottom United were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at Harry Williams Riverside Stadium, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Young striker Ross Davis gave Durham City the lead with a close range header in the 14th minute. With Ramsbottom United staring at defeat, there was controversy as young centre-back Simon Johnson then had a penalty shout turned down.

Young midfielder Patrick Gorman completed the scoring for Durham City with a close range finish which was timed impeccably on 53 minutes.

Attendance: 183

Durham City 2-0 Trafford FC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's best defences was surprisingly undone as Trafford FC lost to Durham City on a breezy afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu gave Durham City the lead with a nice effort from 22 yards in the 30th minute. Young midfielder Shaun Walsh finally rounded off their victory on 77 minutes with a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

Player of the Match: Gavin Carragher (Durham City)

Attendance: 223

Table after 26 games

4th Skelmersdale 42 Points

5th Goole 40 Points

6thDurham City 40 Points

7th Farsley 38 Points

8th Stockport Sports 36 Points

Well the month didn’t start brilliantly with Sodje announcing he will retire at end of season but will carry on as chief scout and help us find the players of tomorrow, it was bit of a blow for us especially as he is my main centre back but with the budget we have to work with we have to buy young players and nurture them and hope they improve the squad sufficiently to progress as a team, we continued the good form into the new month as a visit of Workington to Durham on a cold wet winters evening and it was one of our young guns Walsh who gave us the lead but we were pegged back in the 58th minute and I though a draw was on the cards but Kell continued his good goal scoring form as his strike in the 60th minute got us all three points wait ages for him to score and he starts smashing them in! we also managed progression in the Northern League cup with a solid win over Warrington I put out a number of players from the youth team and the next big thing in our eyes Karimm Wylie will be pleased to have got the winner we have a few talents ill be looking to introduce more and more over the season. Our form took a bit of a nose dive over the next couple of games but the first was expected as table toppers Burscough grabbed all three points as they brushed us aside, we followed that up with what I though was going to be a point only for a goal seconds before the final whistle cruelly took the point we had worked hard for away from us. Another of our young strikers got us under way in the visit to Ramsbottom and ill be looking for a Davis Kell strike partnership as next season as both work well as a target man or poacher, but Davis got us the lead before Winger Gorman sealed the points as we continued to rise the table. We went into the last match of the month expecting to struggle Trafford have the best defence of the league so far but we cut through it with relative ease as veteran Dosunmu scored on the half hour mark from 22 yards, before a 77th minute strike from left winger Walsh sealed the points. And we head into a new year sitting in 6th place I’m more than happy with that I expected to struggle for the second half of the season our aims are continue our form to achieve a top half finish, continue doing well in the cups possibly win it this time round, and continue building a youthful side.

5103870.png30010179.png

January Update

AFC Blackpool 2-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by AFC Blackpool's Sam Fitzgerald overshadowed events on what was a cold and wet wintery afternoon at The Mechanics.

Young striker Troy Dalton gave AFC Blackpool the lead with a placed shot in the 27th minute. Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu then equalised for Durham City in the 35th minute with a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

Dalton then added his 2nd goal of the game with a placed shot on 53 minutes. Dosunmu equalised for Durham City after 83 minutes with an incisive finish from 16 yards.

Player of the Match: Troy Dalton (AFC Blackpool)

Attendance: 92

Durham City 0-0 Warrington Town (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's worst defences put in a battling display as Warrington Town shared the spoils with Durham City on a cold and stormy evening at New Ferens Park.

Durham City could have had a harder time of it but their opponents seemed keen to waste possession by shooting from long range.

Player of the Match: Chris Doyle (Warrington Town)

Attendance: 204

Consett 0-0 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup 5th Rnd)

Durham City were held to a draw by Consett in a close-fought Northern League Challenge Cup 5th Rnd match played at Belle Vue Park.

The first incident of note was on 80 minutes as Consett were denied claims by Ross Lowe for a penalty.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was poor throughout.

Player of the Match: Leon Cartres (Consett)

Attendance: 95

Durham City 2-1 Consett (Northern League Challenge Cup 5th Rnd)

Durham City recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Consett on a breezy afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Consett finally took the lead when young striker Jimmy Bolton scored an incisive finish from 19 yards on 49 minutes. Young midfielder Peter Kell then equalised for Durham City in the 63rd minute with an incisive finish from 16 yards.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy scored what proved to be the winner on 76 minutes with a shot from 26 yards which went in off the post.

Attendance: 163

Durham City 0-0 Harrogate Railway Athletic (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Harrogate Railway Athletic put their usual poor discipline to one side as they earned a share of the spoils against Durham City on a crisp winter's afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Durham City saw their opponents have several clear cut chances, but they failed to make them count.

Player of the Match: Ben Gee (Harrogate Railway Athletic)

Attendance: 248

Winsford United 0-1 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup Qtr Final)

Durham City won a hard fought battle against Winsford United on a breezy afternoon at Barton Stadium.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy gave Durham City the lead with a freak goal in the 66th minute.

Attendance: 132

New Mills FC 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Allan Collins played the part of super-sub for New Mills FC as The Millers came from behind to claim a draw against Durham City on a breezy evening at Church Lane.

Veteran centre-back Sam Sodje gave Durham City the lead with a well timed finish from close range in the 42nd minute. Winger Allan Collins equalised for New Mills FC after 53 minutes with an incisive finish from 14 yards.

Attendance: 63

Salford City 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's best defences continued their fine form as Salford City defeated Durham City on a soaking wet afternoon at Moor Lane.

Winger Osebi Abadaki gave Salford City the lead with a well timed finish from close range in the 18th minute. Striker Josh Amis finally rounded off their victory on 76 minutes with a well timed close range finish.

Player of the Match: Richard Murray (Durham City)

Attendance: 271

So after Sodje last month we are dealt another blow as Dosunmu announced he was retiring at the end of the season this is just a big a blow as Sodje our top scored in both seasons he has been here. I will need to find a goal scorer during the summer then as at the minute no one is stepping up. So we got back underway in the league and it was a tale of two strikers as Blackpool Visited Durham With Troy Dalton bagging a brace for them, before Dosunmu grabbed a brace for us and claimed us a well deserved point. I was infuriated with the visit of Warrington as the leagues worst defence came to town and all we mustered were a couple of long range pot shots, we should have done a lot better and it was actually Warrington who had the chances to get the win and not us. We returned to the old Northern League sides next as we faced a trip to Consett in the 5th round of the cup, where a very even game was ruined by poor finishing and a referee who turned down Consett’s claims for a penalty thankfully to force a replay. Consett came to Durham a few days later and it was all Consett till they took the lead but a battle back got us going and a strike from Kell saw equalise in the second half we then got a late winner in the 76th minute through Deasy, to seal passage to the Quarter finals. A return to league action kept our poor league form going as another draw saw us slump to a 0-0 with Harrogate both sides had chances to get the win but I felt Harrogate possibly deserved the win so im happy with a point. Back to Cup action against Winsford and they were brushed aside easily we dominated play and should have had more goals but it was left down to a 76th minute strike from Deasy to get us a Semi final appearance. Against New Mills we continued the slump in the league despite taking the lead we struggled to cope with New Mill’s height advantage and we were undone from a free kick that was headed home, and we went North knowing the next trip was a long shot for points, as we took on second placed Salford, who got their deserved win and we didn’t even have much of a chance which im disappointed about, hopefully we can get out of this rut we are in and get back up the table also with a Cup semi final to play too

5103870.png30010179.png

February Update

Durham City 0-2 Farsley FC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Farsley FC were physically outmatched by an average of 0'2" per player by their opponents but nonetheless ran out victorious, showing that on a breezy afternoon at New Ferens Park at least, smaller players are just as capable.

The first incident of note was on 24 minutes as Farsley FC were denied claims by Phil Shead for a penalty. Midfielder Matthew Tierney gave Farsley FC the lead with a well timed close range finish in the 48th minute.

Striker Dale Jennings completed the scoring for Farsley FC with a well struck effort which found the back of the net via the goalpost on 62 minutes.

Player of the Match: Matthew Tierney (Farsley FC)

Attendance: 215

Durham City 1-0 Chorley FC (Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final)

One of the league's best defences was surprisingly undone as Chorley FC lost to Durham City on a mild spring afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Durham City's winner came through Peter Kell as he seized on Craig Sinclair's mistake to score a tidy finish from 16 yards. With Chorley FC staring at defeat, there was controversy as full-back Ritchie Sutton then had a penalty shout turned down.

Player of the Match: Gavin Carragher (Durham City)

Attendance: 154

Durham City 2-1 Scarborough Athletic (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Scarborough Athletic's Jason Crowe overshadowed events on what was a cold and clear evening at New Ferens Park.

Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a deftly executed finish after just one minute. Dosunmu added his 2nd goal of the game with a close range effort on 11 minutes.

Experienced winger Adam Griffin's 13th minute strike proved the only consolation for Scarborough Athletic.

Attendance: 138

Chorley FC 1-1 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final)

Durham City were held to a draw by Chorley FC in a close-fought Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final match played at Victory Park.

An error from Durham City's Neil Prescott allowed Chorley FC captain Paul Jarvis to score an incisive finish from 14 yards. Durham City were nearly gifted a goal on 31 minutes through Alex McQuade's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Durham City's equaliser came through Patrick Gorman as he seized on Chris Lester's mistake to score a nice effort from 15 yards.

Durham City therefore win 2-1 on aggregate.

Player of the Match: Craig Sinclair (Chorley FC)

Attendance: 473

Table after 33 games

4th Farsley 48 Points

5th Curzon 47 Points

6thDurham City 47 Points

7th Skelmersdale 47 Points

8th Goole 46 Points

Well this month was a pretty short month for us with only the four games but with two of those being the cup semi finals I knew we had work to do, and I didn’t want to slip in the league, we started the month with the visit of Farsley and we put in an exceptionally poor performance injuries and the lack of a fitness coach conspired to me having to put out a makeshift defence and it showed as we conceded two goals in the second half to allow Farsley to run out pretty comfortable winners, so we looked ahead to the League cup semi final first leg, and it was good for us we didn’t play to the best of our ability and could quite easily have been on the losing side however Kell seized on a mistake to score from 16 yards out to give us the lead into the second leg thankfully a brilliant performance from Carragher kept it tight at the back he’s getting better and better as the season goes on and I can see him replacing Sodje as my number one centre back next season if I can hang onto him. We returned to League action with the visit of Scarborough and it took us thirty yes 30! Seconds to get the score sheet in our favour as Dosunmu grabbed the opener he then doubled our lead in the 11th minute and I really did think that this might end up a cricket score but a 13th minute strike from Scarborough ended the scoring but the three points saw us back into the top ten which is my aim this season and we move on to looking at the cup second leg. We concede an early goal and it was very nervy stuff from us but we settled after the break and fought back with Patrick Gorman allowed to square the game up and grab us the goal that saw us progress to the final for a second successive year, this year instead of a Northern Premier league side we face Ossett who are in our division so I feel we have a good chance of winning the trophy,

5103870.png30010179.png

March Update

Winsford United 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Goal-friendly Winsford United drew 1-1 against Durham City on a wet afternoon at Barton Stadium.

Winsford United finally took the lead when young striker Dominic Smith scored a close range effort which was deflected on its way in on 64 minutes. Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa equalised for Durham City after 66 minutes with a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

Player of the Match: Liam Duff (Winsford United)

Stockport Sports 1-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Stockport Sports were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at Lambeth Grove Stadium, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Midfielder Jonathan Hughes gave Stockport Sports the lead with a real poacher's effort from 18 yards in the 32nd minute. Journeyman striker Tosin Dosunmu then equalised for Durham City in the 57th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Dosunmu scored what proved to be the winner on 62 minutes with a real poacher's effort from 17 yards.

Attendance: 125

Durham City 0-0 Cammell Laird (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Cammell Laird went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'2" per player but proved capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a fine spring afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Durham City could have had a harder time of it but their opponents seemed keen to waste possession by shooting from long range.

Player of the Match: James Braniff (Cammell Laird)

Attendance: 229

Durham City 2-0 Ossett Albion (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City's match against Ossett Albion will have been a meaningful one for Durham City's Neil Prescott as he was able to celebrate victory over his former club.

Durham City finally took the lead when young striker Peter Kell scored a shot from 23 yards out on 42 minutes. Young midfielder Shaun Walsh finally rounded off their victory on 83 minutes with an attempt which went in off the frame of the goal.

Attendance: 179

Durham City 0-1 Chasetown (Northern League Challenge Cup Final)

On a wet afternoon at The Shay, Chasetown's Kieran McCaffrey lived the dream of many a supporter as he lifted the Northern League Challenge Cup after Durham City's 0-1 Northern League Challenge Cup Final defeat against Chasetown.

The first incident of note was on 33 minutes as Durham City were denied claims by Ashley Peters for a penalty. Chasetown finally took the lead when young winger Robbie Atkins scored a tidy finish from 17 yards on 67 minutes.

Player of the Match: Rory Smith (Chasetown)

Attendance: 1,196

Table after 37 games

5th Stockport Sports 55 Points

6th Curzon 55 Points

7thDurham City 55 Points

8th Skelmersdale 55 Points

9th AFC Blackpool 52 Points

A bit of a disappointing month overall for us, but Ill start from the beginning we started the month we started with a trip to winsford with a fair few players missing and because of this we were on the back foot for the majority of the game and when they took the lead in the 64th minute it was expected, what wasn’t expected was our equaliser minutes later through Akinfenwa, the trip to stockport was a lot more profitable as despite going down to a first half goal we turned it around in the second half, as Dosunmu grabbed a brace to claim us our three points, how we didn’t get three points from this game is beyond me, we dominated from start to finish and should have had a goal at least but we just couldn’t finish any of our chances, and were stuck with only a point. We finished the league month with a win over Ossett as goals late in both halfs got us the win and the points, the cup final was disappointing we were the better side and should have won it but a strike in the 67th minute saw us claim a second runners-up medal, so we have to go back to the league and continue for the top 10 finish.

5103870.png30010179.png

April Update

Goole AFC 0-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Goole AFC went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'2" per player but proved capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a mild summer's afternoon at Victoria Pleasure Grounds.

Attendance: 142

Celtic Nation 0-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

In-form Celtic Nation shared a 0-0 draw with Durham City on a wet afternoon at Gillford Park.

Celtic Nation were nearly handed the lead in the 47th minute through Peter Kell's lapse in concentration but failed to capitalise.

Player of the Match: John McGuinness (Durham City)

Attendance: 97

Skelmersdale United 1-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Skelmersdale United were physically outmatched by an average of 0'1" per player by their opponents but nonetheless ran out victorious, showing that on a mild summer's afternoon at West Lancashire College Stadium at least, smaller players are just as capable.

The match began in controversy with Durham City seeing a goal disallowed in controversial circumstances. Skelmersdale United finally took the lead when striker Matt Dinsmore scored a powerful close range effort on 49 minutes.

Player of the Match: Thomas Ryan (Skelmersdale United)

Attendance: 143

Durham City 1-0 Prescot Cables (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Prescot Cables were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Durham City finally took the lead when young striker Peter Kell scored a tidy finish from 13 yards on 63 minutes.

Player of the Match: Karl Petrie (Prescot Cables)

Attendance: 229

We started the month badly with the first two games of the month goalless, we also failed to score in the next game as we went down 1-0 to skelmersdale, before we beat Prescot it was a very odd month as we scored once all month but only conceded once all month too,

5103870.png30010179.png

End-of-season Update

Workington 1-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City had their midfield to thank on a breezy afternoon at Borough Park as they showed their strikers how to finish.

When King gave away a penalty, Deasy confidently stepped up to score from the spot. Young midfielder Oliver Johnson had a chance to score from the penalty spot for Workington on the 11 minute mark but missed his spot-kick.

He was able to make amends for his miss however by knocking in the rebound. Deasy scored what proved to be the winner on 70 minutes with a deftly executed finish.

Attendance: 246

Well what an end to a great season for us, I expected mid-table and I went and finished 6th place im happy with the win in the last game of the season, and we deserved it the worst bits over the summer is that we are losing two of our best players also money wise we are having issue we lost £40k this season so im going to have to whack in some friendlies over the summer, im expecting a few players to be snatched from us and I don’t think I can afford better replacements, but there will be two large gaps to fill over the summer,

Final Table

northernpremierleague1s.png

Past Positions

Top Scorer

tosindosunmuoverviewpro.png

5103870.png30010179.png

Pre-season Update

Ashington 0-3 Durham City (Friendly)

Darlington 1-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Hartlepool United 3-1 Durham City (Friendly)

Durham City 0-1 Blackpool (Friendly)

Durham City 1-5 Bolton Wanderers (Friendly)

Durham City 3-1 Birmingham City (Friendly)

Durham City 0-3 Carlisle United (Friendly)

Sunderland 2-1 Durham City (Friendly)

Middlesbrough 2-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Gateshead 4-1 Durham City (Friendly)

August Update

Durham City 0-0 Cammell Laird (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Cammell Laird went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'2" per player but proved

capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a wet afternoon at New

Ferens Park.

Player of the Match: Joe Coombs (Cammell Laird)

Attendance: 287

New Mills FC 0-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

New Mills FC were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the

day at Church Lane, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

With the game nearing an end, it was Chris Green who scored a close range finish which was timed

impeccably to give Durham City the lead on 80 minutes. The Durham City fans might have been

forgiven for thinking that their side would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over.

Green completed the scoring for Durham City with a finish tucked away with consummate ease on

84 minutes.

Player of the Match: Chris Green (Durham City)

Attendance: 133

Durham City 2-1 Celtic Nation (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Celtic Nation had no answer to Durham City's prowess from dead-ball situations as The Citizens

scored all their goals from set-pieces on a hard and bouncy surface at New Ferens Park.

Midfielder Simon Wills suffered the ignominy of scoring a calamitous own goal in the 25th minute.

Young striker Johnny McLaughlin then equalised for Celtic Nation in the 59th minute with a deftly

executed finish.

The last goal of the game came from midfielder Junior English whose 66th minute own-goal will

undoubtedly cause him some embarrassment.

Attendance: 259

Salford City 2-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Salford City went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'1" per player but proved

capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a hard and bouncy surface at

Moor Lane.

Enthusiastic centre-back Kevin Steven gave Durham City the lead with a header in the 15th minute.

Young winger James Huxtable then equalised for Salford City in the 58th minute with a header.

Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa then put Durham City in front after 62 minutes with a

powerful effort. Salford City's equaliser came through Conor Coleman as he seized on Neil Prescott's

mistake to score a deftly executed finish. Better late than never for Salford City and the fans were

clearly delighted with Coleman's impact.

Player of the Match: Kevin Steven (Durham City)

Attendance: 138

Farsley FC 0-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Farsley FC's Jack Harrison overshadowed events on what was

a warm summer's afternoon at Throstle Nest.

Durham City may well look back on the number of shots they took from long range and rue their

decisions, as they often proved wasteful.

An eventful summer where I was offered the Rochdale job, and I was given a wage budget to use,

instead of £20 a week I can offer £200 but I won’t cripple the club by offering lots of wages, so the

first task was to scope out the released players, and improve the squad, so going into the new

season we will have a lot of young players in the squad, the friendlies are nothing more than a

fitness test because of the opposition, we started well in pre-season with the win over Ashington

and put a good account of ourselves against Darlington we down easily to Hartlepool but done well

against Blackpool, But the game against Brum shocked me but it went back to expected as we lost to

Boro and Gateshead. So we head into the league campaign hoping for a miracle! Defensively we

started well with two clean sheets and I’ve been introducing Green upfront in the second half as his

pace is leaving players for dead as he showed away to New Mills. I thought we were going to get

another clean sheet against Celtic nation but McLoughlin scored against us from close range, but

Forsyths strength and Greens Speed caused them problems all afternoon and got us the three points

thanks to a great slice of luck as both our goals came off Celtic players. The Salford game was

disappointing for us as they twice came from behind to salvage a draw, with a late goal but strikes

from Steven and Akinfenwa’s first of the season got us a point we more than deserved and I was

hoping for the three points if I’m honest. So we moved onto the last game of the month a trip to

Farsley we have been away from home in three of our first five outings and this one was a

disappointing performance from us as we had everything under control into the final third where we

seemed unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo! So we had to settle for a point as we fired blanks all

afternoon.

5103870.png30010179.png

September Update

Durham City 1-0 Stockport Sports (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Stockport Sports' Matthew Hampson overshadowed events on what was a fine summer's evening at New Ferens Park.

With the game nearing an end, it was Chris Green who scored a real poacher's effort from 11 yards to give Durham City the lead on 89 minutes. Green's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 211

Durham City 3-1 Winsford United (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Winsford United were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Striker Owen Heather gave Winsford United the lead with a nice effort from 15 yards in the 28th minute. Striker Oliver Forsyth then equalised for Durham City in the 47th minute with a simple finish from close in.

Young midfielder Fred Deasy put Durham City in front in the 51st minute with a deftly executed finish from long range. An error from Winsford United's Rob Wilson allowed Forsyth to score an accurate finish from 20 yards.

Player of the Match: Oliver Forsyth (Durham City)

Attendance: 223

Warrington Town 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Warrington Town had their midfield to thank on a fine summer's afternoon at Cantilever Park as they showed their strikers how to finish.

Winger Ellis Healing got Warrington Town off to a flyer by scoring a deftly executed finish from close range on 4 minutes. Winger Scott Tanser completed the scoring for Warrington Town with a nice effort from 11 yards on 21 minutes.

Player of the Match: Jack McGowan (Warrington Town)

Attendance: 147

Congleton Town 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Jimmy Eckersley played the part of super-sub for Congleton Town as The Bears came from behind to claim a draw against Durham City on a fine summer's afternoon at Booth Street Ground.

Young midfielder Shaun Walsh gave Durham City the lead with a placed shot from close range in the 35th minute. With Durham City already beginning to celebrate, young striker Jimmy Eckersley then scored a weak close range effort in injury-time to snatch the equaliser for Congleton Town.

Better late than never for Congleton Town and the fans were clearly delighted with Eckersley's impact.

Player of the Match: Tom Axon-Smith (Congleton Town)

Attendance: 130

Durham City 0-0 Whitby Town (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Whitby Town put their usual poor discipline to one side as they earned a share of the spoils against Durham City on a mild summer's evening at New Ferens Park.

The first incident of note was on 67 minutes as Whitby Town were denied claims by Steven Snaith for a penalty.

Despite having a number of corners, Durham City found little by way of success.

Attendance: 165

Durham City 0-1 Curzon Ashton (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Curzon Ashton put their usual poor discipline to one side as they defeated Durham City on a fine summer's afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Young striker Andy Clarke gave Curzon Ashton the lead with a tidy finish from 16 yards in the 48th minute.

Player of the Match: Andreas Pachipis (Curzon Ashton)

Attendance: 133

After the unbeaten month in August, we moved into September with high hopes, and we got a win under our belts with the first match of the month as the visit of Stockport Sports gave us three points, and it was Green who I signed to add pace to the side who got the breakthrough as he got us the lead in the 89th minute despite this It we should have had the game comfortably won way beyond this point. But we moved onto another home game and the visit of Winsford and I thought our unbeaten start was going to end as we conceded a 15th minute goal but we rallied back in the second half after a hair dryer from me in the dressing room, Forsyth opening the scoring in the 47th minute, deasy got us the lead in the 51st minute before Forsyth got sealed the points not long after. Our first away trip this month left us down and out as a 2-0 defeat at Warrington was well deserved as we just struggled to cope with them and we had to dust ourselves off and keep going, and we did that against Congleton but we had to settle for a point as they scored a injury time equaliser in a game I thought we had claimed three points in but it wasn’t to be as the ball was bundled home in the 94th minute, A draw 0-0 followed this game as we welcomed Whitby north to Durham this was a game where the fans behind the goals got pebble dashed with the ball and they will be in the side stands next week to Curzon as a lot of shots went wide and high the finishing was on a whole disappointing. The following week against Curzon we continued the inability to finish as a second half strike sealed the points for Curzon I’m hoping to do a lot better next mon

5103870.png30010179.png

October Update

Harrogate Railway Athletic 0-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over Harrogate Railway Athletic on a mild summer's afternoon in their Northern Premier League 1st Division North game at Station View.

Durham City's winner came through Fred Deasy as he seized on Ben Gee's mistake to score a penalty.

Player of the Match: Ben Gee (Harrogate Railway Athletic)

Attendance: 110

Durham City 3-0 AFC Blackpool (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

AFC Blackpool were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Striker Oliver Forsyth gave Durham City the lead with an accurate finish in the 27th minute. Young midfielder Patrick Gorman doubled Durham City's lead with a real poacher's effort from 17 yards on 29 minutes.

Forsyth completed the rout on 52 minutes with a placed shot.

Skelmersdale United 0-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's best defences was surprisingly undone as Skelmersdale United lost to Durham City on a breezy afternoon at West Lancashire College Stadium.

Striker Oliver Forsyth gave Durham City the lead with a placed shot in the 73rd minute. The last goal of the game came from young goalkeeper John Courtney whose 77th minute own-goal will undoubtedly cause him some embarrassment.

Attendance: 230

Marine 1-1 Durham City (Northern League Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd)

Marine went in as the shorter team physically by an average of 0'1" per player but proved capable of matching their opponents and took a share of the spoils on a breezy afternoon at Rossett Park.

Full-back Danny Groves got Marine off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot on 7 minutes. Durham City's equaliser came through Shaun Walsh as he seized on Danny Groves' mistake to score an incisive finish from 10 yards.

Attendance: 157

Durham City 1-0 Marine (Northern League Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd)

Marine were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Then came the turning point as Marine's Liam Grimshaw was sent off on 34 minutes. Durham City's winner came through Oliver Forsyth as he seized on Danny Groves' mistake to score a penalty.

Durham City covered a lot of ground but also conceded far too many fouls, meaning their effort was often for nothing.

Player of the Match: Oliver McCormick (Durham City)

Attendance: 154

Prescot Cables 1-3 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Prescot Cables were shorter by an average of 0'1" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at Valerie Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Enthusiastic centre-back Kevin Steven suffered the ignominy of scoring a calamitous own goal in the 11th minute. Young midfielder Fred Deasy then equalised for Durham City in the 12th minute with a powerful effort which blasted against the inside of the post before hitting the back of the net.

Young centre-back Ashley Peters then put Durham City in front after 43 minutes with a close range finish which was timed impeccably. An error from Prescot Cables' Jamie Phoenix allowed young striker Ross Davis to score a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

Attendance: 226

Well weve had a decent run in the early two months of the season but I saw one major flaw in my tactics that needed sorting we seemed to allow sides time to get back and don’t seem to have much urgency when we get the ball, before the trip to Harrogate I upped our tempo and ticked counter attack and boy has it worked! We have plenty of chances in Harrogate to seal a much larger win but we struggled to convert chances however a penalty in the second half saw Deasy slot home in a game we never looked like losing even before the goal as Harrogate had few chances, this would be a harder test against the table toppers and id have been happy with a draw to be honest because we are so inconsistent but a goal in the 27th minute saw Forysth nip between defender and keeper to steer home the opener which wouldn’t be his last of the game, we got another when Gorman doubled the lead 2 minutes later as he got his toe on the end of a goalmouth scramble, cue the Blackpool fight back and we were on the back foot for the rest of the half but we rallied and a breakaway in the second half allowed a one-on-one with Forsyth and his placed shot saw us get a comfortable win. We travelled to west Lancashire to take on the meanest defence in the league and it proved it as we had plenty of chances but a 73rd minute goal from Forsyth got us the lead, we got our second four minutes later as a Kell shot was deflected into the net by their keeper to seal the three points. Our trip to Crosby to play Marine started badly as it took them only 7 minutes to break the deadlock with a deserved goal, but that seemed to kick our arses into gear as stepped up the performance a mistake by defender groves in the second half saw us claim a point as Walsh slotted home from ten yards to grab us a replay in the cup with my aim of trying to somehow make a third consecutive final. And in the replay later that week we progressed as that man Groves who very kindly allowed us to score in the first attempt of a cup tie gave away a penalty which Forsyth gratefully despatched with ease to seal progression. We finished the month with a trip to Merseyside to play prescot cables and despite centre back Steven putting into his own net in the first 15 minutes the game turned out easier than expected as Deasy levelled minutes late from a shot that went in off the inside of the post, Peters then put us ahead in the 43 minute as he headed home a corner, before a mistake allowed Davis in to score from close range to give us three points and put us top of the table

5103870.png30010179.png

November Update

Durham City 2-1 Ossett Albion (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's worst defences so far this season continued to struggle as Ossett Albion lost to Durham City on a cold and clear evening at New Ferens Park.

Striker Marc Thompson gave Ossett Albion the lead with a nice effort from 18 yards in the 14th minute. Young striker Peter Kell then equalised for Durham City in the 34th minute with a well timed finish from close range.

Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa scored what proved to be the winner on 65 minutes with a finish executed with aplomb.

Attendance: 211

Durham City 4-2 Goole AFC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's worst defences so far this season continued to struggle as Goole AFC lost to Durham City on a wet afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Young striker Ross Davis got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a tidy finish from 17 yards after just one minute. Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa doubled Durham City's lead with a tap-in on 2 minutes.

With Goole AFC staring at defeat, there was controversy as young midfielder Peter Blake then had a penalty shout turned down. Winger Cole Harrop pulled one back for Goole AFC after 25 minutes with a close range effort.

Akinfenwa added his 2nd goal of the game with a real poacher's effort from 17 yards on 34 minutes. Striker Mathew Stirland gave the Goole AFC fans a glimmer of hope after 65 minutes with a tidy finish from 13 yards.

Davis completed the scoring for Durham City with a well timed close range finish on 71 minutes.

Attendance: 243

Pickering Town 1-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Durham City recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Pickering Town on a wet evening at Recreation Club. A brace from Chris Green helped Durham City to victory.

Young striker Chris Green got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a nice effort from 15 yards on 9 minutes. Green added his 2nd goal of the game with a close range finish which was timed impeccably on 14 minutes.

Striker Adam Garrity's 45th minute strike proved the only consolation for Pickering Town.

Player of the Match: Chris Green (Durham City)

Attendance: 105

Durham City 2-0 Burscough (Northern League Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd)

Burscough were shorter by an average of 0'2" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa gave Durham City the lead with a towering header from close range in the 14th minute. Young striker Ross Davis completed the scoring for Durham City with an attempt which went in off the frame of the goal on 44 minutes.

Attendance: 196

Workington 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Goal-friendly Workington drew 1-1 against Durham City on a fine summer's afternoon at Borough Park.

Young striker Peter Kell gave Durham City the lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably in the 76th minute. Young striker Allan Bates equalised for Workington after 78 minutes with a well struck effort.

Attendance: 263

West Auckland Town 0-3 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

An efficient performance from Durham City saw them run out 3-0 winners over West Auckland Town at Darlington Road. A brace from Oliver Forsyth helped Durham City to victory.

An error from West Auckland Town's Lee Collins allowed striker Oliver Forsyth to score a deftly executed finish. Young striker Ross Davis doubled Durham City's lead with an accurate finish on 33 minutes.

Forsyth completed the rout on 80 minutes with a tidy finish from 18 yards.

Attendance: 176

Durham City 3-0 Scarborough Athletic (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's best defences was surprisingly undone as Scarborough Athletic lost to Durham City on a wet afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Striker Oliver Forsyth gave Durham City the lead with a close range effort in the 43rd minute. Forsyth added his 2nd goal of the game with a tidy finish from 14 yards on 66 minutes.

Forsyth was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Harrison gave away a penalty.

Attendance: 227

Cammell Laird 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Cammell Laird were physically outmatched by an average of 0'1" per player by their opponents but nonetheless ran out victorious, showing that on a wet evening at Kirklands Stadium at least, smaller players are just as capable.

Cammell Laird finally took the lead when young striker Steven Taylor scored a close range effort on 69 minutes. Winger Jacob Hobbis finally rounded off their victory on 92 minutes with a well struck effort.

Player of the Match: Steven Taylor (Cammell Laird)

Attendance: 52

Well in a jam packed November schedule we continued our good form, as we first welcomed the worst defense in the league, when we fell behind I had no worries that we would eventually make it through and get some goals and twenty minutes after going behind young striker Kell got us level as we grabbed a deserved equaliser after the ball flashed across the edge of the six yard Kell was on hand to turn it in, following that it was one way traffic as we looked for a winner it came in the 65th minute as Akinfenwa scored to seal the points, Another home game saw Goole visit Durham again a side with a poor defense and this continued for them as it took just 35 seconds for us to take the lead as Davis got on the end of a cross to head home. Akinfenwa doubled our lead in the second minute as this looked to have a cricket score on it as Goole couldn’t cope with our crossing, They did come back into it with a well taken finish in the 25th minute but Akinfenwa then restored our two goal cusion in the 34th minute to send us in 3-1 at the break, Goole came out after the break better and pulled one back on the counter only for Davis to get on the end of another cross to make it 4-2 as we sealed a easy three points, The trip to Third placed Pickering was always going to be difficult but the pace of Green against a slow backline showed as he outpaced the centre back to give us the lead in the 9th minute he did it again 5 minutes later to double our lead, a strike on the stroke of half time set up a tighter second half though as they looked to equalise but we were just too strong for them. We then turned to Cup action against Northern Premier side Burscough and it took only 14 minutes for the deadlock to be broken as the taller team crossing and pumping the ball into the box was the order of the day, and Akinfenwa rose above everyone to head the ball home for the lead, a 44th minute cross/shot sealed progression as Davis his a ball from the edge of the area that sailed over the keeper struck the frame of the goal and nestled in the net, with a comfortable lead into the break we never looked like losing it so we returned to league action and a lot of the players are seeming to be slightly more and more tired and it showed as despite taking a 76th minute lead we held it for only two minutes as Warrington levelled with ease, now is the time for some rotation of the squad, and it was a trip to West Auckland which saw us grab a good win and a clean sheet as Forsyth opened the scoring before Davis doubled it in the 33rd minute from that we never looked like losing and then Forsyth popped up to add a third in the 80th minute from 18 yards, as we recorded a very easy win, Fitness just seemed to give up the ghost in the final game of the month as we travelled to Cammell where they beat us with ease they were just sharper and fitter than we were as we lost most of the 50/50 balls to them its been a good run but we are within touching distance at the top so that does me!

5103870.png30010179.png

December Update

Durham City 1-0 AFC Blackpool (Northern League Challenge Cup 4th Rnd)

AFC Blackpool were shorter by an average of 0'1" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at New Ferens Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Things did not get off to a good start for AFC Blackpool as young striker Chris Green seized on an error by Ben Shawcross to score a tidy finish from 20 yards.

The match was remarkable for the number of fouls committed by both teams, seemingly more concerned with disrupting the flow of the game than playing it.

Player of the Match: Joey Stevens (Durham City)

Attendance: 162

Durham City 2-1 New Mills FC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

New Mills FC had no answer to Durham City's prowess from dead-ball situations as The Citizens scored all their goals from set-pieces on a surprisingly mild afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Young centre-back Jonathan Campbell got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a tidy finish from 11 yards on 3 minutes. New Mills FC's equaliser came through Liam Wilson as he seized on Patrick Gorman's mistake to score a powerful effort. Young midfielder Patrick Gorman scored what proved to be the winner on 42 minutes with a free kick from just outside the penalty area which deflected past the goalkeeper.

Player of the Match: Grant Reeves (New Mills FC)

Attendance: 216

Celtic Nation 1-3 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

Celtic Nation were shorter by an average of 0'1" per player and were ultimately outmatched on the day at Gillford Park, falling to defeat against their bigger foes.

Striker Oliver Forsyth got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring an accurate finish on 3 minutes. Celtic Nation also saw their 13th minute strike questionably chalked off.

With Celtic Nation staring at defeat, there was controversy as striker Craig Moses then had a penalty shout turned down. Forsyth added his 2nd goal of the game with a powerful close range effort on 51 minutes.

Experienced winger Jamie Phoenix gave the Celtic Nation fans a glimmer of hope after 88 minutes with a fluke goal. Young striker Ross Davis finally rounded off their victory on 91 minutes with a finish executed with aplomb.

Attendance: 88

Stockport Sports 0-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

One of the league's worst defences so far this season continued to struggle as Stockport Sports lost to Durham City on a wet afternoon at Lambeth Grove Stadium.

Durham City captain Adebayo Akinfenwa got Durham City off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot from close range on 6 minutes. Young midfielder Fred Deasy completed the scoring for Durham City with a placed shot on 26 minutes.

Attendance: 67

Durham City 2-0 Salford City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Durham City's Kevin Steven overshadowed events on what was a cold and wet wintery afternoon at New Ferens Park.

Striker Oliver Forsyth gave Durham City the lead with a well timed close range finish in the 43rd minute. Centre-back Neil Prescott finally rounded off their victory on 92 minutes with a close range effort.

Attendance: 249

1stDurham 57 Points

2nd Blackpool 54 Points

3rd Congleton 49 Points

4th Osset 43 Points

This was a short month as we didn’t seem to play any games over Christmas which I’m fine with as it allowed the players time to get their fitness back we did however finish up with a 100% record in December we started it with a 4th round tie in the Northern League Cup against Table toppers Blackpool so despite me expecting a difficult game we got an early lead as Green outpaced the defence to score a tidy finish from 20 yards, it was enough to put me into the 5th round as we continue our march to the cup final gain. Back to league action as we welcomed New Mills to Durham and it was our dead ball ability that got us the three points here, as a header from a corner by Campbell got us the lead in the 3rd minute before a mistake by Gorman allowed a equaliser, however he made up from it by curling a free kick from just outside the area into the wall to deflect it past the keeper for three points.

Another northern league foe was despatched as we travelled across the Pennines to Cumbria for Celtic Nation Forsyth got us off the board with a accurate finish in the first three minutes Celtic then had a goal disallowed then a penalty shout turned down as they could easily have pulled a different result out but the luck was on our side as in the 51st minute Forsyth made it two with a powerful close range effort, there was a glimmer of hope as Celtic pulled one back in the 88th minute but as they pushed for a equaliser Davis scored with ease in injury time to put us top of the league. As Blackpool continued their slump A trip to Stockport had Forsyth looking to get one over on his former club but as Stockport man marked him it allowed Akinfenwa to get us off to a flyer in the 6th minute before Deasy cut inside from the wing to double the lead in the 26th minute and we held on for the three points without much trouble we finished the month top of the table as we welcomed Salford but there is a sting in the tail as we got goals in both halfs Forsyth scored in the 43rd minute from close range but it proved to be his last goal for a few months as a bad challenge saw him limp off and on later news its revealed he has torn his ankle ligaments and will be out of action for two months, he will be a big miss but I’m hoping the pace of Green will be able to fill the void, Prescott doubled our lead in the game after he headed home a last minute corner

5103870.png30010179.png

January Update

Durham City 1-0 Farsley FC (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;cZd0U0BW24U]

Leek Town 1-3 Durham City (Northern League challenge Cup 5th Rnd)

[video=youtube_share;GVrCM5-g1ZI]http://youtu.be/GVrCM5-g1ZI

Durham City 1-0 Warrington Town (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;W2ksezA8O0Q]

Winsford Utd 2-0 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;_CbBnwnQfnU]

Radcliffe Boro 3-1 Durham City (Northern League challenge Cup QTR Fin)

[video=youtube_share;6kszOivz-XE]

Durham City 2-0 Congleton Town (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;Zo9ml_Nak4U]

Durham City 2-1 Harrogate Railway (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;7qozlA1HZqs]

After a great end to 2016 we continued our great form into 2017, we got the three points thanks to a goal from Midfielder Franks, and we didn't look like dropping any points that afternoon as Farsley put up no fight. we followed that up with a dominating performance away to Leek in the cup as we attacked from the off and once the first from Akinfenwa in the 70th minutes to tie the game up i knew the flood gates would open and we would progress into the next round. The visit of Warrington was a very even game that could of gone either way and thankfully went our way as a walsh strike in the 74th minute saw us take all three points, We did finally come back down to earth with a bump as Winsford put us to the sword and we never looked like getting anything from the game as they ran out comfortable winners, same with the quarter final of the cup with Radcliffe two second half goals sent us out as Radcliffe got round the back of us as we attacked to progress to the semis and send us out. a even game in our next outing as we got back to league action and it was two second half goals that saw us emerge victorious with the three points it took an own goal in the 56th minute to get us underway before youth product Wylie got us the second and our three points, before we finished the month with a close win over Harrogate, as we look to continue our good form we are losing money every month so promotion this year needs to happen or we may end up in a one set forward two steps backwards, and how does people like my new style forced on me by windows 8!

5103870.png30010179.png

February Update

Whitby Town 1-1 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;-RrzhLtocg4]

Curzon Ashton 0-2 Durham City (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;JRDbmYfUU2o]

Durham City - Skelmersdale (Northern Premier League 1st Division North)

[video=youtube_share;vc-s6er-u2w]

Table after 34 Games

1st Durham City 76 Points

2nd Blackpool 62 Points

3rd Congleton 58 Points

4th Workington 54 Points

We continued the great form into February as we move to be 12 points clear of Blackpool at the top of the table we started the month with a hard earned point away at Whitby as two goals in the last five minutes finished what was heading to a 0-0 bored draw and when we took the lead in the 86th minute we thought we had it won and wrapped up only to concede on the break straight after kick-off. Again a late flurry of goals sealed the result but this time it was us who got all the spoils as a 76th minute strike from Davis was followed up by a 90th minute strike from Kell to extend our lead at the of the table as Blackpool haven fallen away, We got off to a flyer with the lead through Walsh in the 22nd minute but the second came with a large slice of luck as it came in the form of an own goal and it turned out the own goal was a winner, as we moved 14 points clear at the top and turned the title into ours to lose and we shouldn't have a issue picking it up as only a massive collapse will deny us.

5103870.png30010179.png

March Update

AFC Blackpool 3-0 Durham City

[video=youtube_share;bJZDmydMHkk]

Durham City 2-0 Prescot Cables

[video=youtube_share;kNM5Y0bJBR8]

Durham City 0-2 Pickering Town

[video=youtube_share;Gt-PYOkUl0E]

Table after 37 games

1st Durham City 79 Points

2nd Blackpool 78 Points

3rd Congleton 62 Points

4th Cammell 60 Points

Well we started the month with a game against the side in second with the chance to move 17 points clear and all but clinch the title but we were extremely lacklustre and were took apart by our nearest challenger and the 14 point lead drops to 11 points which is just as great but it could have been so much better, we moved into the double header of home games and an 11th minute strike from Deasy got us under way, and Blackpool were losing at half time restoring our 14 points lead, before Deasy added our second to seal the three points, and restore our 14 points lead at the top of the table only to have it cut too 1 points again as we went down by two at home to pickering as we just never got into gear,

5103870.png30010179.png

Season Review 16/17

Northern Premier League 1st Division North

Pre-season

Ashington 0-3 Durham City (Friendly)

Darlington 1-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Hartlepool United 3-1 Durham City (Friendly)

Durham City 0-1 Blackpool (Friendly)

Durham City 1-5 Bolton Wanderers (Friendly)

Durham City 3-1 Birmingham City (Friendly)

Durham City 0-3 Carlisle United (Friendly)

Sunderland 2-1 Durham City (Friendly)

Middlesbrough 2-0 Durham City (Friendly)

Gateshead 4-1 Durham City (Friendly)

August

An eventful summer where I was offered the Rochdale job, and I was given a wage budget to use,

instead of £20 a week I can offer £200 but I won’t cripple the club by offering lots of wages, so the

first task was to scope out the released players, and improve the squad, so going into the new

season we will have a lot of young players in the squad, the friendlies are nothing more than a

fitness test because of the opposition, we started well in pre-season with the win over Ashington

and put a good account of ourselves against Darlington we down easily to Hartlepool but done well

against Blackpool, But the game against Brum shocked me but it went back to expected as we lost to

Boro and Gateshead. So we head into the league campaign hoping for a miracle! Defensively we

started well with two clean sheets and I’ve been introducing Green upfront in the second half as his

pace is leaving players for dead as he showed away to New Mills. I thought we were going to get

another clean sheet against Celtic nation but McLoughlin scored against us from close range, but

Forsyths strength and Greens Speed caused them problems all afternoon and got us the three points

thanks to a great slice of luck as both our goals came off Celtic players. The Salford game was

disappointing for us as they twice came from behind to salvage a draw, with a late goal but strikes

from Steven and Akinfenwa’s first of the season got us a point we more than deserved and I was

hoping for the three points if I’m honest. So we moved onto the last game of the month a trip to

Farsley we have been away from home in three of our first five outings and this one was a

disappointing performance from us as we had everything under control into the final third where we

seemed unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo! So we had to settle for a point as we fired blanks all

afternoon.

Form: DWWDDW

Position at end of month: N/A

September

After the unbeaten month in August, we moved into September with high hopes, and we got a win under our belts with the first match of the month as the visit of Stockport Sports gave us three points, and it was Green who I signed to add pace to the side who got the breakthrough as he got us the lead in the 89th minute despite this It we should have had the game comfortably won way beyond this point. But we moved onto another home game and the visit of Winsford and I thought our unbeaten start was going to end as we conceded a 15th minute goal but we rallied back in the second half after a hair dryer from me in the dressing room, Forsyth opening the scoring in the 47th minute, deasy got us the lead in the 51st minute before Forsyth got sealed the points not long after. Our first away trip this month left us down and out as a 2-0 defeat at Warrington was well deserved as we just struggled to cope with them and we had to dust ourselves off and keep going, and we did that against Congleton but we had to settle for a point as they scored a injury time equaliser in a game I thought we had claimed three points in but it wasn’t to be as the ball was bundled home in the 94th minute, A draw 0-0 followed this game as we welcomed Whitby north to Durham this was a game where the fans behind the goals got pebble dashed with the ball and they will be in the side stands next week to Curzon as a lot of shots went wide and high the finishing was on a whole disappointing. The following week against Curzon we continued the inability to finish as a second half strike sealed the points for Curzon I’m hoping to do a lot better next mon

Form: WLDDL

October

Well weve had a decent run in the early two months of the season but I saw one major flaw in my tactics that needed sorting we seemed to allow sides time to get back and don’t seem to have much urgency when we get the ball, before the trip to Harrogate I upped our tempo and ticked counter attack and boy has it worked! We have plenty of chances in Harrogate to seal a much larger win but we struggled to convert chances however a penalty in the second half saw Deasy slot home in a game we never looked like losing even before the goal as Harrogate had few chances, this would be a harder test against the table toppers and id have been happy with a draw to be honest because we are so inconsistent but a goal in the 27th minute saw Forysth nip between defender and keeper to steer home the opener which wouldn’t be his last of the game, we got another when Gorman doubled the lead 2 minutes later as he got his toe on the end of a goalmouth scramble, cue the Blackpool fight back and we were on the back foot for the rest of the half but we rallied and a breakaway in the second half allowed a one-on-one with Forsyth and his placed shot saw us get a comfortable win. We travelled to west Lancashire to take on the meanest defence in the league and it proved it as we had plenty of chances but a 73rd minute goal from Forsyth got us the lead, we got our second four minutes later as a Kell shot was deflected into the net by their keeper to seal the three points. Our trip to Crosby to play Marine started badly as it took them only 7 minutes to break the deadlock with a deserved goal, but that seemed to kick our arses into gear as stepped up the performance a mistake by defender groves in the second half saw us claim a point as Walsh slotted home from ten yards to grab us a replay in the cup with my aim of trying to somehow make a third consecutive final. And in the replay later that week we progressed as that man Groves who very kindly allowed us to score in the first attempt of a cup tie gave away a penalty which Forsyth gratefully despatched with ease to seal progression. We finished the month with a trip to Merseyside to play prescot cables and despite centre back Steven putting into his own net in the first 15 minutes the game turned out easier than expected as Deasy levelled minutes late from a shot that went in off the inside of the post, Peters then put us ahead in the 43 minute as he headed home a corner, before a mistake allowed Davis in to score from close range to give us three points and put us top of the table

Form: WWWW

November

Well in a jam packed November schedule we continued our good form, as we first welcomed the worst defense in the league, when we fell behind I had no worries that we would eventually make it through and get some goals and twenty minutes after going behind young striker Kell got us level as we grabbed a deserved equaliser after the ball flashed across the edge of the six yard Kell was on hand to turn it in, following that it was one way traffic as we looked for a winner it came in the 65th minute as Akinfenwa scored to seal the points, Another home game saw Goole visit Durham again a side with a poor defense and this continued for them as it took just 35 seconds for us to take the lead as Davis got on the end of a cross to head home. Akinfenwa doubled our lead in the second minute as this looked to have a cricket score on it as Goole couldn’t cope with our crossing, They did come back into it with a well taken finish in the 25th minute but Akinfenwa then restored our two goal cusion in the 34th minute to send us in 3-1 at the break, Goole came out after the break better and pulled one back on the counter only for Davis to get on the end of another cross to make it 4-2 as we sealed a easy three points, The trip to Third placed Pickering was always going to be difficult but the pace of Green against a slow backline showed as he outpaced the centre back to give us the lead in the 9th minute he did it again 5 minutes later to double our lead, a strike on the stroke of half time set up a tighter second half though as they looked to equalise but we were just too strong for them. We then turned to Cup action against Northern Premier side Burscough and it took only 14 minutes for the deadlock to be broken as the taller team crossing and pumping the ball into the box was the order of the day, and Akinfenwa rose above everyone to head the ball home for the lead, a 44th minute cross/shot sealed progression as Davis his a ball from the edge of the area that sailed over the keeper struck the frame of the goal and nestled in the net, with a comfortable lead into the break we never looked like losing it so we returned to league action and a lot of the players are seeming to be slightly more and more tired and it showed as despite taking a 76th minute lead we held it for only two minutes as Warrington levelled with ease, now is the time for some rotation of the squad, and it was a trip to West Auckland which saw us grab a good win and a clean sheet as Forsyth opened the scoring before Davis doubled it in the 33rd minute from that we never looked like losing and then Forsyth popped up to add a third in the 80th minute from 18 yards, as we recorded a very easy win, Fitness just seemed to give up the ghost in the final game of the month as we travelled to Cammell where they beat us with ease they were just sharper and fitter than we were as we lost most of the 50/50 balls to them its been a good run but we are within touching distance at the top so that does me!

Form: WWWDWWL

December

This was a short month as we didn’t seem to play any games over Christmas which I’m fine with as it allowed the players time to get their fitness back we did however finish up with a 100% record in December we started it with a 4th round tie in the Northern League Cup against Table toppers Blackpool so despite me expecting a difficult game we got an early lead as Green outpaced the defence to score a tidy finish from 20 yards, it was enough to put me into the 5th round as we continue our march to the cup final gain. Back to league action as we welcomed New Mills to Durham and it was our dead ball ability that got us the three points here, as a header from a corner by Campbell got us the lead in the 3rd minute before a mistake by Gorman allowed a equaliser, however he made up from it by curling a free kick from just outside the area into the wall to deflect it past the keeper for three points.

Another northern league foe was despatched as we travelled across the Pennines to Cumbria for Celtic Nation Forsyth got us off the board with a accurate finish in the first three minutes Celtic then had a goal disallowed then a penalty shout turned down as they could easily have pulled a different result out but the luck was on our side as in the 51st minute Forsyth made it two with a powerful close range effort, there was a glimmer of hope as Celtic pulled one back in the 88th minute but as they pushed for a equaliser Davis scored with ease in injury time to put us top of the league. As Blackpool continued their slump A trip to Stockport had Forsyth looking to get one over on his former club but as Stockport man marked him it allowed Akinfenwa to get us off to a flyer in the 6th minute before Deasy cut inside from the wing to double the lead in the 26th minute and we held on for the three points without much trouble we finished the month top of the table as we welcomed Salford but there is a sting in the tail as we got goals in both halfs Forsyth scored in the 43rd minute from close range but it proved to be his last goal for a few months as a bad challenge saw him limp off and on later news its revealed he has torn his ankle ligaments and will be out of action for two months, he will be a big miss but I’m hoping the pace of Green will be able to fill the void, Prescott doubled our lead in the game after he headed home a last minute corner

Form: WWWW

Position at end of month: 1st

January

After a great end to 2016 we continued our great form into 2017, we got the three points thanks to a goal from Midfielder Franks, and we didn't look like dropping any points that afternoon as Farsley put up no fight. we followed that up with a dominating performance away to Leek in the cup as we attacked from the off and once the first from Akinfenwa in the 70th minutes to tie the game up i knew the flood gates would open and we would progress into the next round. The visit of Warrington was a very even game that could of gone either way and thankfully went our way as a walsh strike in the 74th minute saw us take all three points, We did finally come back down to earth with a bump as Winsford put us to the sword and we never looked like getting anything from the game as they ran out comfortable winners, same with the quarter final of the cup with Radcliffe two second half goals sent us out as Radcliffe got round the back of us as we attacked to progress to the semis and send us out. a even game in our next outing as we got back to league action and it was two second half goals that saw us emerge victorious with the three points it took an own goal in the 56th minute to get us underway before youth product Wylie got us the second and our three points, before we finished the month with a close win over Harrogate, as we look to continue our good form we are losing money every month so promotion this year needs to happen or we may end up in a one set forward two steps backwards

Form: WWLWW

February

We continued the great form into February as we move to be 12 points clear of Blackpool at the top of the table we started the month with a hard earned point away at Whitby as two goals in the last five minutes finished what was heading to a 0-0 bored draw and when we took the lead in the 86th minute we thought we had it won and wrapped up only to concede on the break straight after kick-off. Again a late flurry of goals sealed the result but this time it was us who got all the spoils as a 76th minute strike from Davis was followed up by a 90th minute strike from Kell to extend our lead at the of the table as Blackpool haven fallen away, We got off to a flyer with the lead through Walsh in the 22nd minute but the second came with a large slice of luck as it came in the form of an own goal and it turned out the own goal was a winner, as we moved 14 points clear at the top and turned the title into ours to lose and we shouldn't have a issue picking it up as only a massive collapse will deny us.

Form: DWW

March

Well we started the month with a game against the side in second with the chance to move 17 points clear and all but clinch the title but we were extremely lacklustre and were took apart by our nearest challenger and the 14 point lead drops to 11 points which is just as great but it could have been so much better, we moved into the double header of home games and an 11th minute strike from Deasy got us under way, and Blackpool were losing at half time restoring our 14 points lead, before Deasy added our second to seal the three points, and restore our 14 points lead at the top of the table only to have it cut too 1 points again as we went down by two at home to pickering as we just never got into gear,

Form: LWL

April

Well we cruised into the final month of the season with such a big lead we had to only pick up three more points to seal the trophy and we did that in the first outing against Ossett Albion And it was that Man Forsyth that got us the much needed three points he got us underway with in a game where we never got the amount of shots we wanted Forsyth got us underway in the 25th minute, only to be pegged back in the 37th minute and i thought it meant having to wait another week but Forsyth wasnt to be denied and we got the winner which sealed the title in the 75th minute. The rest of the month was a coast as i started deciding who would be staying next season but the trip to Goole didnt go as plan as they came back twice to seal a point despite strikes from Forsyth and Kell. a double header of home games started well as Forsyth grabbed a hat-trick with one strike in the first half was followed by two goals in the final 10 minutes to seal his hat-trick. the season then sort of petered out as a 0-0 with west Auckland was followed by defeat to Scarborough.

Form: WDWDL

Final League table

Northern League Challenge Cup

Well another season of trying to get to our third consecutive final and actually win one, we started well with a 1-0 replay win over Marine to ease into the next round we then got the luck of the draw to have a few home draws as we defeated Burscough by 2 to nil we then took on Blackpool in what turned out to be the turning point of the season as we took on the then league leaders and the a 1-0 win saw us progress again to play Leek of the northern premier and despite going a goal down in the first 10 minutes we managed to turn it around with three goals in the last twenty minutes to seal progression into the next round, We then crashed out i expected so much better against Radcliffe we did pull it back to one all before folding completely. and going out in the Quarter finals,

Top Scorer

oliverforsythoverviewpr.png

Forsyth was the buy of the season for me we had to replace Dosunmu and i feel i adequatly did it with Forsyth his 19 in 24 starts was what got us promoted,

Most Used XI

durhamcitytacticsovervi.png

5103870.png30010179.png

Pre-season

preseasonr.png

The biggest thing this season was tying down my players to another year the ones that are important the worst part was that having to double the wages of my best centre midfielder to make him easily the best player in the squad but it’s worth it! but Forsyth and McGuiness are back again for another season which is another big plus, and a replacement for Davey who left, I found that I was expected to finish 18th of the 22 sides this season and there will be the prospect of play offs so that’s good news for us, I lost most of the friendly’s as they were for money making I’m barely spending £1k a week on wages and we are already £181k in the red. The highlight being we led twice against Colchester but had to settle for a draw

Archived