Confused by profit/loss calculations

I'm reluctant to post this, but can someone explain to me how with a turnover of 173m and a expenditure of 133m that I am 17m in debt?

I am sure I am missing something but I can't seem to work out how I am losing money, when according to the finances I have made a profit of 40m. Think I may have been playing for too many hours.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/921244714687097002/D7734BB34356A89181DDEBB6E74F749FF57AA14F/

Doesn't seem to be anything missing.

You've made a £44m profit this season and your balance is currently £17m in the red which suggests it was much worse earlier in the season (ie you were £61m in the red).

EDIT

You can click on the balance line and the graph should show an improvement this season which would confirm the above.

Doesn't seem to be anything missing.

You've made a £44m profit this season and your balance is currently £17m in the red which suggests it was much worse earlier in the season (ie you were £61m in the red).

EDIT

You can click on the balance line and the graph should show an improvement this season which would confirm the above.

That's the thing, I am positive I started out with a positive balance (around 10m if I remember correctly). I am currently playing the FA Cup final and am leading 3-0 so I can't check. I am nervous as I know Arsenal are going to come at me, after halftime.

OK i'm back, just beat Arsenal 3-0 in the UEFA cup final woohoooo (not the FA Cup as I stated).

So, back to finances, it looks like you are correct that my balance did start off around -60m

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106505236

Can anyone who has started a game with Liverpool confirm this, I would have laid money on starting with a 10m balance and around a 3m transfer kitty. I certaintly don't remember any -60m balance to start off. I may create a new game just to check.

I just started a new game with Liverpool just to see if I was going crazy and as you can see I am not, you start with a balance of 11m, so I do not understand what is going on with the finances and where all my profits of the season have gone.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/921244714687540098/A5A1EF5333646D8ED44CEAE26B0598197FDA1BE5/

Just to summarize here, from what I can tell:

1. I made a profit of 40m

2. I now have a balance of -17m

3. I started off with a balance of 11m

So basically somewhere something has gone wrong.

But when you start you are showing as having made a £74m profit from the season so far. Therefore you have actually eaten away at your profit margin to the tune of nearly £30m by 5 May 2013. This is how you've ended up with a final balance of -17m

But when you start you are showing as having made a £74m profit from the season so far. Therefore you have actually eaten away at your profit margin to the tune of nearly £30m by 5 May 2013. This is how you've ended up with a final balance of -17m

I'm lost completely, I didn't do anything in terms of selling players so I am at a loss as to what is going on. All I know is I started with a balance of 11m, have a turnover of 178m and a expenditure of 133m, so how do I have a negative balance?

Where does it show I made a profit of 74m, in what month is that because it seems extreme and makes no sense.

I'm lost completely, I didn't do anything in terms of selling players so I am at a loss as to what is going on. All I know is I started with a balance of 11m, have a turnover of 178m and a expenditure of 133m, so how do I have a negative balance?

Where does it show I made a profit of 74m, in what month is that because it seems extreme and makes no sense.

Your screenshot from post #5 is from 17th July in game therefore you have already continued a few days from the start of the save.

During that time it shows turnover of £74m ish with virtually no expenses (This is probably season ticket sales and/or sponsorship). £61m ish in the red at the start + this £74m = £13m balance which is more or less the £12m balance shown on your screenshot.

So basically all your screenshots show that Liverpool start with a negative balance of around £60m at the start of the save.

Archived