Install

I've just attempted to install fm13, it took 45 mins to install(if it worked), then 5 hours to do update via steam, now when i try to play the game for the 1st time i get the following message ... "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2013" Error code 3

what is going on ? why can't i play the game without using steam ?

i assume you mean in the steam library ? thanks for replying. ok it seems to have loaded the game but can someone please tell me do i have to play the game via steam as it seems to have installed this way just now or can i use my disc as has always been my preferred way in previous years ?? thanks in advance !!

oh right, i didn't buy last years now that i think about it ! thanks very much for replies ! so why oh why do we have to bother our backsides going buying a physical copy of the game from a shop or online store if we have to install the frigging thing via steam in the end ?! makes no sense at all !!

Some people like the disk,others like to shop around and get the best price.

The best news for everyone is it is now on Steam so all updates are done automatically so no downloading patches,it is all done through Steam,also SI can add the patches more often,SI can also be more flexible when it comes to patching so no more 2 or 3 patches for each release,they can add more patches and also sooner if they feel the need.

In other words if they feel the need for a small patch that would normally have to wait until the next big patch they do not have to so this,they can send the data to Steam and the next time you start the game the update will be added.

Archived