Can i search for a club?

I don't like the player search system in FM13 much.

I'm searching for players I know are in the game but they don't show up for some reason.

Ive found some of them by looking at their clubs but not all clubs are listed.

They are not out of my scouting range and I've not checked any ass man boxes to filter out unrealistic players.

How do I search for a club?

Come to that, how the hell do i find a player I know is in the game?

Thnx.

Players loaded are dependent on what leagues and database size you've chosen of course...

I searched in the transfer section for certain players with no sucess.

However, when I went to their clubs, there they were. They are definately there. I have 36k player DB loaded.

They also show in the search when I use the search logo on the main page as sugguested above.

player search is dependent on scouting range as well as other factors. so might not show up in your search.

the search bar (logo) will always come up with names searched though.

Honestly Welsh, I have no boxes checked in the filters, not even "Own Players", the players im scouting for are at top euro clubs in my region (Im West Ham) but they dont show. I'll do screenies if you want.

It's not about what you have ticked fella... the player search is STILL using your assistant manager and staff to search for players and is dependent on their stats or more importantly, scouting range and scouting knowledge etc.

So some players will inevitably not show up as staff aren't infallible.

Scouting knowledge, scouting knowledge, scouting knowledge

I dont care if you come from outer mongolia, ANY manager at ANY level knows SOME players already before he joins a club, even if it's his first job...... And how can I scout a player if I cant find him to click 'Scout Player" ?

And please remember, this save is Prem Div West Ham, even Avram Grant knew players before he joined!! (Not that they were any good offcourse, but he did at least know how to find them)

This was not a low league game where I would realistically expect some problems contacting players even if I knew them previously. You LLM"s are a snobby lot =)

Realism, realism, realism.

I don't think you're understanding what people are saying, some players won't show up on the player search screen as it only shows players that your staff have knowledge of and obviously they will not have knowledge of every single player in the world whereas the magnifying glass search simply looks through the database to find the players.

I don't think you're understanding what people are saying, some players won't show up on the player search screen as it only shows players that your staff have knowledge of and obviously they will not have knowledge of every single player in the world whereas the magnifying glass search simply looks through the database to find the players.

I get it mate. I understand now the uses of the various buttons have been explained. And thank you to the forumites who explained it.

But you didnt get my reply above. It was directed at the guy who said scouting knowledge, scouting knowledge, scouting knowledge.

His point was that the game is unrealistic if you can randomly search for a any player and find him without first being made aware of him by a scout, agent. coach etc.

Thats how the lower level managers see it. Check their forums.

I myself don't see it like that when playing a top club, as i said in my post, every manager at the top level knows players that his staff have not told him about, he is after all experienced in the world of football (as is set by the 'Automatic' option on the past experience check box). Ofcourse this is slightly different at low levels when starting out as a sunday league player.

Archived