Disappointed with my board.

Hi all,

I'm in to my 2nd season with Sheffield Wednesday after avoiding relegation with them in my first season.

I have decided to get rid of the "dead wood" and get in some new "decent" players. So im in to pre season and managed to sell 2 of my best players Joe Mattock (£2.7 million) and Michael Antonio (£3 million). So in total I've brought £5.7 million in to the club. I thought that with this money I could bring in 5-6 really good championship players to strengthen my squad and give myself some depth. How wrong I was.

None of the money I've brought in to the club has been given to me for player transfers and wages. So I've now got to sign 6-7 players on about 120k and work with a wage structure of 130k....

Why the hell hasn't my board given me money to replace players lost??????????

Come on Milan Mandaric get your hands in your pockets! - Either this or we are going down this season!... just like real life I suppose.

Just checked the finances tab and then asked my board to give me more transfers. There only allocating me 55% of the revenue. I really need more money or else this season going to be ANOTHER season to wait to start building my side. - I'm going to have to search hard and long tonight for some free transfers.

It seems this happens to many many teams above all in the lower leagues.....

It seems more a game feature to prevent the player to have a quick career than a finance rule, that because most of the times ...all the times I would say, the team earns milions having a large amount of money given by the players sold. Despite that and despite a shining overall balance the board force you to act like you were on a red balance.

Same speech for the wage allocations.

For the sake of realism I would suggest you to consider the option to workaround these silly game barriers....

Its nonsense that barriers are too restrictive.

I'm currently financially crippling my club through signing free transfers, selling them on, then sliding all the transfer allowance to wage budget, rinse repeat. Losing about 600k per month in the SPL. Board don't bat an eyelid, because every now and again I will sell a player for enough money to take me out the red, then replace him with a free transfer of a more or less equivalent ability.

Firstly, I want the board to be MORE restrictive with finances, and to threaten my job if I spend too much, they NEVER do.

Secondly, the issue of AI clubs releasing too many great young players remains, it is the only way to perpetuate my stupid and unrealistic way of playing FM. I wish they would stop.

Well, I didn't say if I sell players for 5 milions I expect to have them all back to spend.

It would be enough to have 500k to spend and a slight increase of the wage budget.

None of the above mentioned happens and all the times the board take 5M to enlarge their private swimming pool and to buy the latest Ferrari available.

That's not fair IMO. Above all considering the huge efforts to gain those 5M.

Well, I didn't say if I sell players for 5 milions I expect to have them all back to spend.

It would be enough to have 500k to spend and a slight increase of the wage budget.

None of the above mentioned happens and all the times the board take 5M to enlarge their private swimming pool and to buy the latest Ferrari available.

That's not fair IMO. Above all considering the huge efforts to gain those 5M.

I strictly disagree that is the case. The board take whatever proportion they have previously agreed to take, based on what it says in you 'boardroom' tab. This can be negotiated, and the values set are based on your finances. If it says they give you 100% then you get 100%, if it says they give you 5% then they give you 5%. If it says 5% and you want it to be higher you can ask them. It all makes sense! You just need to make sure and check in advance before making any sizeable sales what you will get back, perhaps delaying the sale until you have negotiated with the board, just like a real manager would!

Think back to Valencia a couple of years ago, when they were millions and millions in debt, they didn't accept bids for Villa and Silva for aaages, as they knew it was just gonna all go to the tax-man and not on reinvestment. Same with Athletico Madrid just now, rumours they would prefer a good exchange for Falcao rather than a sale, so that they get something in return. Their manager will consider how much he will get back before sanctioning any sale (avoiding the convo of whether the manager is actually even involved in sales), just as you should.

You are right but the wage max amount is not part of any agreement, as far as I am aware of.

I sold f.i. few players earning 30k per months and now I can't even give 20k per month to a new free transfer sign.

All this with a wage amount 75k less than the allowed wage budget and 2m in the overall budget.

In your opinion, does it make sense selling few players who earned 30k per month and not being able to give 20k per month to a new free transfer being 75k under the wage limit ? IMO no.

You are right but the wage max amount is not part of any agreement, as far as I am aware of.

I sold f.i. few players earning 30k per months and now I can't even give 20k per month to a new free transfer sign.

All this with a wage amount 75k less than the allowed wage budget and 2m in the overall budget.

In your opinion, does it make sense selling few players who earned 30k per month and not being able to give 20k per month to a new free transfer being 75k under the wage limit ? IMO no.

I agree that in some cases it doesn't make sense, but I wouldn't identify a blanket rule. It should vary from club to club based on many financial aspects, not only bank balance but turnover and projected profit/loss. As far as I can tell this is already kind of done, for example at my club if I have 5K p/w spare in my wage budget I can offer 3k per week, but if I move the slider so I have 8k p/w spare than I can offer 5k p/w. It is not static at present.

Furthermore IRL some clubs (arsenal?) have wage ceilings and so on. I know this isn't explicitly stated in game, but I consider it to be somewhat analogous.

It is not very often IRL that you hear of clubs 'breaking their wage budget' to sign a big player. Huddersfield sold Jordan Rhodes for 8 million right? They aren't suddenly going to spend 8 million more on wages, not least because a transfer payment is a 1-off, while a contract is a more long term financial liability.

I'm not saying it is perfect in game, and perhaps in your specific instance it might not be well implemented, but I think you can't completelty reject it, and the theory that guides it is more or less sound to me.

I'm not saying it is perfect in game, and perhaps in your specific instance it might not be well implemented, but I think you can't completelty reject it, and the theory that guides it is more or less sound to me.

Now I share your thought.

I still have to find a way to fix my specific situation, I'll manage to do that anyway one way or another, without cheating.

cheers

Now I share your thought.

I still have to find a way to fix my specific situation, I'll manage to do that anyway one way or another, without cheating.

cheers

Yeh its not always easy, the most recent summer I had in-game I got carried away and sold about 15 fringe-players, thinking I would have lots of money to spend. Then I had to renew the contracts of all my expiring players, who all wanted wage rises, money was gone! good luck

Archived