Why am I always "Under Pressure"

Just something small on the scheme of things but annoys me all the same.

For the past 2 seasons i've noticed several news journo post messages about different things but they all start with

"Under pressure manager xxxxxxx"

Now i'm not sure why i'm under pressure, seen as for the past 4 seasons i've pretty much won everything there is to win securing quadruples season upon season, raising the clubs stature to the 3rd best in the world etc

I can only think its because of some transfers i've done,

Anyone else had this despite vast success.?

Yes, i did, even when my job safety was "untouchable" i was still being referred in the media as "under pressure".

I thought about raising it before but it just stopped sometime and forgot all about it :)

Might have something to do with reputation in general?

Its journalese- writing about secue managers doesnt sell papers, I suspect.

hehe.. I thought it would be more appropriate for them to write sensationalist articles instead... would be more fun.

"The ultimate FM manager xxxxx signs new player"

"One of the worlds greatest managers prepares for the new season, get a signed autograph today only"

lol

Maybe it's because the expectations are pretty high. I've experienced this in one of my saves and I chalk it up to the fact that my board is expecting MULTIPLE competition victories this season after a year in which we won only one trophy and it was a State Championship in Brazil. So yeah, I'm under pressure to bring results. Makes sense to me.

I had this when I was untouchable, top of Serie A with a team tipped to be 8th and with midtable expectations, in the Italian Cup final when expectations were quarter finals and in the Champions league quarter finals with expectations of enjoying the experience, so it certainly isn't that!

Archived