It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

August/September 2018

3mwwm.png

0Jgsk.png

We've had another unbeaten start although i do feel as though we've dropped a few too many points. We drew 0-0 to Bridgend and Haverfordwest, both of whom we should have beaten. That said, we did also manage a solid 0-0 draw against TNS in a match we dominated and perhaps should have won. It's still early days yet but TNS do have a 4 points lead so we need to start converting these draws into more wins!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October/November 2018

wAct6.png

vJVpS.png

We're still unbeaten but the draws are really holding us back, we might as well have lost a few games. I think the unbeaten streak is getting to the team in terms of performance which is obviously leading to more draws, we're no longer dominating games like we used to. TNS now have a 10 point lead too so we need to change.

We're out of both cups as my reserves failed on both fronts, most disappointingly in the Welsh cup where we lost to Hollyhead.

December 2018/January 2019

dNqel.png

YNR7y.png

Our unbeaten run came undone against TNS but we then won 7 games on the trot yet still failed to make up any ground on the league leaders. Our final game before the league split was against lowly Pretatyn and we labored to a 1-1 draw which turned out to be a chance to make up some ground, with TNS recording a rare draw, they are now 40 games unbeaten.

February/March 2019

dANm6.png

9Go1X.png

We lost again to TNS at home but then won a couple of games in a row. We had a disappointing defeat to Aberystwyth which let them gain ground on us, however, we then ended TNS's 46 game unbeaten run with a 2-1 away win. Our form then dropped again as we fell to a poor 4-2 defeat to Airbus which gave TNS their inevitable title win. We have qualified for Europe now but i want a good end to the season so we can finish 2nd.

Another solid season Jack. As Dave Brailsford says, it is all about marginal gains which is exactly what you are doing.

Precisely, im on target to be our best ever points tally, which a few season ago would have won the league so all it takes it for TNS to slip up one year and we'll win it. That said, they are the richest and only Professional team in the league so it might take a while :D. Our youth academy is starting to churn out some great prospects too so not only should my squad continue to improve, i dont have to waste money/wages on bringing in players.

Eeek! Hope you can hold on for second!

It was never in doubt :thup:

April/May 2019

vmgRk.png

L4P3d.png

We got 7 points from our last 3 games, taking 2nd place with a game to spare. Our wins were very comfortable and it should have been the same against Aberystwyth but the team became slightly complacent as it was a match with nothing to play for but pride.

Carmarthen 2018/19

League

Predicted: 2nd

Finished: 2nd

We had a great season with 2 strong unbeaten spells. Our main downfall was the amount of draws we got at the beginning of the season as the first of the unbeaten spells put pressure on the team and performances. Despite this we still managed a record amount of points and finished 2nd and could have won the league had TNS not been so incredibly strong.

It also seems as though the league is starting to divide in terms of quality with TNS, Carmarthen and Aberystwyth getting at least double what the teams in 4th and below got.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – TNS

EC - Aberystwyth, Carmarthen, Airbus

Cups

Welsh Cup – Lost in the 3rd round to Holyhead. Winner: TNS

League Cup - Lost in the 1st round to TNS. Winner: TNS

Europe

We won the 1st qualifying round against Suduva but then lost to Nordjaelland in the 2nd round.

Transfers

Glyn Foy ST AMR: was signed to be a backup RM but never learned the position and hardly ever played. Will be leaving this summer.

Jay Wynne CM: arrived in Jan to bolster our midfield but suffered a few injurys as hes quite injury prone which stopped him from ever making anything more than a few sub appearances. Could be an important player if he can stay fit.

So our 2 singings this season barely played as I don’t really need to sign players as my best 15 are almost all reaching their peak now. Aswell as that, our youth academy is giving me at least 2/3 players a season that have the potential to be first teamers so im able to pad the squad out with them.

I’ve got a feeder team now so I can send some of the youths on loan as I have so many that could play for us should they develop and I just don’t have the space to give them all game time.

Transfers

Finances

Made 240k from Europe but we still finished the season in the red. We have a wage bill of around 4k per week and we lose around 30k a month so that European boost is really important to stop us going heavily in debt. At the same time its stopping us really develop, im not able to scout outside of Wales and never will be if we don’t get more money.

We have a new local sponsor of 2k per year which is the same as before, its so small its basically pocket money.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 18thand have reached the 1st round of the World cup last summer but they lost 1-0 to Brazil. They are 6 points clear in 2nd place for Euro qualification.

TNS beat Portadown in the 2nd qualifying round but lost to Kobenhavn in the 3rd. They then lost the Euro cup playoff to Valencia.

Bangor City beat Racing FC in the 1st qualifying round before losing to KR in the 2nd Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Aberystwyth lost to KR in the 1st Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Port Talbot lost to Linfield in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank – 138th, Up 28 places.

Carmarthen Rank – 428th, Up 24 places.

Co-efficient – 5.875/42nd Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Liverpool)

Welsh young player of the year: Daniel Pugh (Swansea)

WPL Player of the year: Kurtis Raven (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Graeme Orchard (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Andy Preece (Airbus)

Euro Cup

uTB5C.png

We made some good progress in the competiton this year. We had a comfortable win against Kastrioti in the 1st round, winning both legs of the tie.

In the next round we faced Red Bull Saltzberg and we definitely rode our luck a bit. In the away leg we went down to 10 men after 60 minutes when we were already 1-0 down, despite this we still manage to equalise through an own goal to get an important away goal. In the home leg we managed to save a penalty and score a late goal through another own goal from their keeper which made the final score 2-1.

In the 3rd round we faced the team who knocked us out last year. Nordjaelland. Once again they proved too strong for us, beating us on both legs. However, the home tie was alot more equal than the away leg it's just that they were more clinical and fitter than we were.

We've made around 500k from this which is great for us as it puts us 220k in the black which might just about stop us from going in the red later in the season.

Pre-season

uD7s1.png

With 6 European games during the pre season months we only played one friendly against our feeder team. The result was obviously disappointing but we played alot of reserves because i wanted to reset my players for Europe just 3 days later.

Transfers - The transfers page says that we haven't signed anybody during the summer, we did actually sign one player from Port Talbot but it went under as last seasons. He's a young centre back who shoudl provide good backup and develop into a very good player in the future.

I've loaned out alot of my young players who i think have the potential to play for us in a few years time so ill be looking forward to seeing how they get on. Due to the fact i've hardly signed anyone i'll show you a few young players who will be in my first team this year.

Simon Mainwaring

Youths

Steven Watts

Sion Johnson

Carwyn Carter

Nigel Staples

Good luck catching TNS.
I'll echo Delta's comment - it seems a lot harder this time round, especially given their CL success, but no doubt it'll make it all the more satisfying when you finally take the title!

Cheers, i definitely need to get a couple of good result in the 4 games i play against TNS to stand a chance. After that its just doing it on a seasonal basis.

August/September 2019

EzVC2.png

79AFP.png

Not a bad start, we played TNS and lost which was disappointing but i was pushing for an equaliser when we conceded a 2nd. The draw against Rhyl was really poor aswell, we conceded in the 90th minute. We are already 5 points behind TNS who have had the perfect start!

Junior coaching is now 'excellent' although its costing a lot so i may reduce it.

I've resigned Lampkin on a free after he was released from Crewe, this adds some more cover on the right of midfield.

Getting this far has helped our bank balance, we're now 100k in the black so that around 230k made from this. I still expect to go back in the red in a few months but hopefully i can ask to scout outside of Wales and not be given the 'we can afford it' excuse.

Doesn't seem to help if you're a semi-pro team though. At Smartno I could scout Eastern Europe, but my scouts never found anyone until we went professional. Looking in GD and the bugs forum, it seems that SI made it so players won't change countries (or even a great distance within a country, say going from London to Newcastle) to play at semi-pro level.

Doesn't seem to help if you're a semi-pro team though. At Smartno I could scout Eastern Europe, but my scouts never found anyone until we went professional. Looking in GD and the bugs forum, it seems that SI made it so players won't change countries (or even a great distance within a country, say going from London to Newcastle) to play at semi-pro level.

If that is the case when we do finally get to scout England then that could be a problem, don't see us going pro before getting the scouting sorted but we'll see what happens.

October/November 2019

MzJLl.png

6jtOl.png

Our form has turned to mush these last couple of months. We lost heavily to TNS again and dropped silly points against Llanelli and Airbus. Not only that, we are out of both cups after my backup players performed awfully in both, particularly the welsh cup in which we lost on penalties. Any challenge for the league is over now, we are fighting for 2nd place again.

December/January 2020

Xn0ph.png

iTCFz.png

We turned our form around, winning 7 games in a row and taking the gap between us from 10 points to 7. However, we then lost 3-1 to Airbus completely against the run of play; We had 24 shots and 60% possession to their 40% and 9 shots. We recovered our form with a win against Port Talbot which leaves us 10 points behind TNS in 1st, and 12 points ahead of Port Talbot in 3rd.

Huge gaps between the top 3 :D

There certainly was last season. This year it looks like just us and TNS who have really pulled away with Bangor City massively dropping off and Aberystwyth not performing as well as last year.

TNS are a bit good aren't they? Apart from the Airbus result it's been a very good couple of months you seemed to have turned your form around pretty well.

Well they're the only pro club in the league and they can afford wages 4 or 5 times my own for all their players, that has obviously been helped by their group stage success. I'm hoping when their start striker Draper retires or drops off (hes 30) that ill be able to compete with them more.

February/March 2020

iaL5X.png

YCOJF.png

Our first game was against TNS which we should have won, we dominated and were 2-0 up until TNS got 2 in the last 5 minutes. A win there might have changed our fortunes the our next few matches where we dropped more points against Port Talbot and Aberystywth. By this points the league title was all but gone and we won 2 games in a row before losing to TNS in a close game which handed them the title. With 3 games left we're guaranteed 2nd and european football so theres not much to play for but id like to get to 70 points.

Carmarthen 2019/20

League

We had another really good season, getting a record points tally but we still didn’t get close to TNS. They only dropped 8 points all season so its impossible to get close to them at the moment. Just have to wait for them to fail.

League Table

ECC – TNS

EC - Bridgend, Carmarthen, Port Talbot

Cups

Welsh Cup – Lost in the 3rd round to Bryntirion. Winner: TNS

League Cup - Lost in the quarter final TNS. Winner: TNS

Europe

We won the 1st qualifying round against Kastrioti, we then had a win against Red Bull Salzberg in the 2nd round before losing to Norjaelland in the 3rd.

Transfers

Simon Mainwaring CB: A solid young player who played well as part of a rotated 3, only 18 so still has a bit to progress to becoming one of my top 2 choices.

Jason Lampkin RM: Not as good as when I let him go but he done alright as a sub/backup. Will let him go in the summer though due to high wages.

Transfers

Finances

We made around 500k from European football but our youth academy amounst other costs meant we were losing around 60k per month which has left us 200k in the red, although hopefully we can get back in the black with a few wins in Europe.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 15th and have qualified for the Euros.

TNS lost to Olympija in the 2nd round of the Champions league qualifying.

Aberystwyth lost to Djurgarden in the 1st Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Airbus lost to Wacker Modling in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank – 143rd, Down 4 places.

Carmarthen Rank – 358th, Up 70 places.

Co-efficient – 6.750/38th Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

WPL Player of the year: David Lewis (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: David Lewis (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: John Wile (Bridgend)

Euro Cup

6ATxZ.png

We were seeded in the draw for the 1st time which allowed us an easier first round match against a Faroe Island team which we won 3-0. In the 2nd round we had Polish team Slask who we too good for us in the 1st leg which pretty much killed the tie, we got a respectable draw in the 2nd leg.

We got around 250k this year but that still hasnt been enough to put us in the black so we're still in debt.

Pre-season

9cKid.png

3 draws in 3 games, the Taffs Well result isnt a great one but the other 2 are respectable and got the job done of getting fitness up.

Transfers -Haven't signed anyone this summer as the players to improve the team just aren't out there. Instead i've gone for some of my youth players to fill the gaps. I've sent some other promising players out on loan and released a few aswell, unfortunately we aren't at a stage where we can sell players on for profit at the moment.

Gwion Thomas

Kris Johnson

August/September 2020

fSbBu.png

pfAbY.png

We've had a good start so far, winning 5 out of 6 and equaling TNS point for point. The only match where we dropped points was away to TNS with a 1-1 which is actually a good result as we're often beaten there. I rested a few players against Barry and we almost dropped points through complacency but we got away with it.

I really feel for you with TNS as ruthless as they are, it'll be great when you eventually beat them to a title. Hopefully this season!

Definitely harder than i was expecting. Found it very frustrating in the first few seasons but im enjoying the challenge.

October/November 2020

avfRW.png

JOf8C.png

All was well until we lost 1-0 to Bridgend completely against the run of play. This was followed up by a 3-0 defeat in the League cup and then another 2-1 defeat to Llanelli in the league which put us down into 3rd place. We've since recovered to win 4 out of the next 5 games and go 8 points clear of 3rd but we are also 8 points behind TNS in first.

Blimey, TNS are a machine.

Are you still semi-professional? If so, how much cash is required to go fully professional do you think? I ask, as that may be the only way to overhaul them in the long run maybe.

I definitely need to beat them now to stand a chance. We are still semi pro, not sure how much it is to go pro but id say around 1mil but we're losing 30-40k a month. We wont get that unless we get into the CL and we cant unless we win the league so it is pretty difficult.

December 2020/January 2021

8ghT1.png

XzPCe.png

We came so close to beating TNS in December, we were 2-0 up and ended up conceding an equaliser in the 91st minute which was gutting. However, since then we've won all 7 league games but still not managed to make up any ground on TNS. We also beat West End in the Welsh cup to make it to the 5th round.

February/March 2021

udHal.png

tzvFO.png

We hit bad form as soon as the league split, losing to Aberystwyth, TNS and dropping points at Port Talbot. This meant that any title hopes were gone and we were pretty much guaranteed to finish 2nd. We went won a few games after that but then lost to Airbus which meant that TNS had won the league and we were in Europe next season. After that i decided to field more youth players in order to help develop them for the first team and results were decent apart from the TNS defeat.

We still have a chance of silverware this season in the Welsh cup, we're into the semi finals and TNS went out in the quarters so hopefully we can win.

Carmarthen 2020/21

League

Not our best season but we were comfortable in 2nd again, TNS dropped even fewer points than last season and are uncatchable at the moment, not sure how long this will last.

League Table

ECC – TNS

EC - Bridgend, Carmarthen, Port Talbot

Cups

Welsh Cup – Went all the way to the final, beating Haverfordwest in the final. Winner: Carmarthen

League Cup - Lost in the quarter final against Airbus. Winner: Port Talbot

Europe

We won the 1st qualifying round against Streymur but then lost against Slask in the next round.

Transfers

No signings this summer, making this the first year where I’ve relied on youth to cover any outgoing players. We’re getting 2 or 3 really top prospects each season so its just a case of making sure they develop well. An added benefit of this is that their wages are generally lower so as they come into the first team my wage bill is gradually decreasing.

Transfers

Finances

Our finances are now insecure after a making a big loss this season. We didn’t do aswell as last season in Europe which didn’t help but we still lost 40k per month. This is partly down to the fact we are spending a lot on junior coaching, but without this we simply wouldn’t have any decent players in the squad as scouting them is useless.

We are 300k in the red so will have to do well in Europe next season to try and counter this.

We have a new kit sponsor worth 35k per year instead of 15k as was before.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 44th and is 2nd for World Cup qualifying.

TNS lost to Molde in the 2nd round of the Champions league qualifying.

Bridgend lost to Brann in the 1st Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Port Talbot lost to Renova in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank118th, Up 24 places.

Carmarthen Rank355th, Up 3 places.

Co-efficient5.625/43rd Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Liverpool)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Cressey (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: David Lewis (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Jason Hippolyte (TNS)

Another solid year Jack. Keep going. You will get there.

Cheers, i hope so. Almost been 10 years now!

Just had this bit of great news. I've been pushing for a parrent team since i arrived and the board have never found a team suitable but this has popped up in my inbox at random so its good to see the board done it without me having to get on their back! We get 90k a year which is very useful for our finances as this covers 2 months losses! Hopefully they send us a few players aswell so we can finally take down TNS.

S0yOM.png

That's a great link to have. I reckon I'd be happier to see you win a league title than my Lokeren team right now, TNS are becoming a bit like Nazi Germany in my mind for the trouble they're putting you to! :p

That's a great link to have. I reckon I'd be happier to see you win a league title than my Lokeren team right now, TNS are becoming a bit like Nazi Germany in my mind for the trouble they're putting you to! :p

:D Cheers to that! Belgium is a hard enough league to win aswell though so im sure you'll have your fair share of trouble!

Starting to realise that! I may pack it in if I don't win in the number of seasons you've stuck at it though - don't think I have the patience!
Great read so far. :thup: Good luck with overhauling TNS - hopefully the Spurs connection will help.

Cheers guys, it is very frustrating but i must win the league one day even if its waiting 50 years for TNS to go into debt :D. I haven't got anyone from Spurs yet but they might send someone in January as they rarely send players straight away.

Euro Cup

7padA.png

We were seeded again but we got a pretty tough draw in my opinion. Their best days are behind them but Ferencvaros are still a dangerous team and they proved too much for us. In the 1st away leg we started terribly, conceding 3 in the first 40 minutes. We managed to compose ourselves and get a grip on the game and an away goal but the 2nd leg was a fairly dull affair and no matter how attacking i went we still weren't able to break them down so we lost on aggregate.

Very disappointing to go out in the 1st round considering our finances are pretty bad, we made 100k but thats not really near enough to reduce our debt.

Pre-season

ERGLI.png

An impressive pre-season, winning all 3 matches the best of which was a win against Newcastle reserves.

Transfers -Again, no transfers in but i've let a few big players go this summer as i've put my faith in youth in order to try and reduce our wage bill. Bloom, Edwards and Hood all left, all of whom have been permanent features of my defense for 6 years. The youth players have replaced them are finally at a decent stand and i've also been able to cut 1.5k from our wage bill which helps our poor finances a little.

Youths

Joe Hurlin

Mattie Lewis

Steffan Watts

Scott Brace

Keeron Davies

Archived