It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

Think you're going to have to play the long game here; you're bound to catch TNS eventually, but may take 5+ seasons. If you can do improve a bit in Europe, that might help speed things up :)

If we could make it to the Euro Cup group stage, that'd bring in over 1 million which would be huge for us, i think thats what its going to take to beat TNS.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August/September 2021

IhEMe.png

Fw0CO.png

A solid start to the season once again, winning 5 out of our first 6 games. We got a draw away to TNS in our 2nd match of the season which was against the run of play so i was pretty pleased with that. Aside from that match, performances have been gradually improving as the team begins to score more goals and control the matches, typically having between 60-75% possession per match.

One bit of bad news this month is that in the Bridgend game, our star player Lewis went off injury and we'll now be without him for 2 months. This could affect our form if the team does become a bit complacent or starts to struggle as he is a match winner.

Another good start to the season. Can you keep hold of Davis though? He looks quality.

He should be very good if i can get him the game time to improve his all round game, at the minute hes pure physical. There were a few BSP teams sniffing around him but i've put a 250k price tag on him and i'd be more than happy to let him go for that, nothing less.

October/November 2021

pPtBY.png

o5AQp.png

We suffered our first league defeat in October when we lost 3-0 to Port Talbot, we were unlucky in this match as we had both goalkeepers out injured (one for 3 days with a cold ffs!) so we were left with a youth keeper nowhere near good enough for this level. We were lucky we had an easy match afterwards to get back to our winning ways and have since managed to grind out 3 more narrow wins.

In the League cup we went out in the 1st round to Rhyl on pens after an average performance from our reserve players. I fielded a slightly stronger team against Bangor in the Welsh cup and we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in extra time.

December 2021/January 2022

TLWnH.png

DMZ51.png

We started December with a great 3-1 win over TNS which put us 1 point ahead in 1st. However, we then threw that away by losing in our next match against Porthmadog despite being the better team. We recovered from this loss to win 3 games in a row before losing again to Port Talbot, making it twice we've lost to them this season which is worrying. Again we've recovered to win 3 in a row and we've kept up with TNS so far going into the last 10 games just 2 points behind with Port Talbot doing very well too, 10 points behind us. We're definitely going to have to get a result against TNS and turn around our form against Port Talbot if we are to win the league.

We progressed past the 4th round of the Welsh cup with a comfortable 3-1 home win.

February/March 2022

7eoHd.png

efWYL.png

We're still in the title race after a great couple of months! We managed to win all the games in the league apart from the away match against TNS where we somehow managed to grab a point despite being utterly outplayed, we only managed 4 shots in total to TNS's 16 and scored through an own goal. We're unbeaten in 10 games now in the league and we face TNS next so that match is huge for us. We need to get 3 wins in the last 3 games because TNS are on a run too and their GD is better than ours!

In the Welsh cup we lost in the quarter finals to Llanelli, losing on pens after drawing 2-2 in a good game for our backups.

April/May 2022

H57oB.png

0cDYj.png

It wasn't to be. We lost narrowly to TNS in what was a tight and tense affair, the winning goal coming from a corner. That didn't kill of all our chances of the title but TNS would have had to drop points in the last 2 games which they didn't do. We went on to beat Airbus and draw to Llanelli on the final day which gives us our best ever points tally in the league which i guess is a great achievement.

Carmarthen 2021/22

League

Predicted: 2nd

Finished: 2nd

We had our best season yet, getting 78 points and taking the title race all the way to the final day, even if we had almost no chance of winning it at that stage. If we’d have beaten TNS with 3 games to go then it might have been a different story but it wasn’t to be. Overall I’m pretty happy with how we’ve done though, we had a very young squad, with 3 of our defenders under 19 with a few other youngsters in the squad who have all developed well, with that progress in mind, I’m hopeful we can do better next season.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – TNS

EC - Bridgend, Carmarthen, Port Talbot

Cups

Welsh Cup – Made it to the quarter final where we drew 2-2 with Llanelli and then losing on pens. Winner: TNS

League Cup - Lost in the 1st round on pens to Rhyl after drawing 1-1. Winner: TNS

Europe

Lost in the 1st round to Ferencvaros which was very disappointing.

Transfers

Again no signings this summer, I did trial a new goalkeeper but he wanted a massive wage that I wasn’t willing to give so I’ll be relying on youth products once again. Our intake this year wasn’t that great, with 2 potential first teamers coming in, both probably needing loans next season.

Transfers

Finances

We are now 400k in the red but our finances on the whole were better this year. We were only losing around 10k per month due to reduced wages and the board seemingly reducing the amount they spent on Junior Coaching despite it still being Excellent. We actually managed to make a profit one money purely based on a huge amount of fund raising that was done.

We now have Tottenham as a parent club which gives us 90k per season in June.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 44th . They came 2nd in WC qualification but lost the playoff to Serbia.

TNS beat Tre Penne in the 1st qualifying round of the CL but lost in the 2nd to Steaua. In the Euro cup playoff they lost to Tottenham.

Bridgend lost to Xazar in the 1st Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Port Talbot lost to Cork City in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank – 120th, Down 20 places.

Carmarthen Rank – 353th, Up 2 places.

Co-efficient – 5.500/42nd Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Welsh young player of the year: Daniel Pugh (Swansea)

WPL Player of the year: Greg Draper (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Sion Johnson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Jason Hippolyte (TNS)

Euro Cup

RL2Gj.png

Our best season in Europe yet, we're still in it! We managed a 2-1 aggregate win over Daguva in the 1st qualifying round, winning the 1st leg 2-0 but playing poorly and losing the 2nd.

Next up was Club Brugge, we managed an away win in the 1st leg with a 93rd minute goal which was an absolute steal, we'd been 2nd best for most of the match and that was actually our only shot on target! In the 2nd leg Brugge morale was down and we were able to get another impressive 1-0 win in a match we dominated and even had a goal disallowed.

In the 3rd round we faced more tough opposition in Vitesse. Somehow we got a 2-0 away win, the 2 away goals being massive for us. We were lucky that they went down to 10 men after 8 minutes as it allowed us to take control of the game and dampen their threat. In the 2nd leg we started well, scoring after 7 minutes to make it 3-0 on aggregate. All was well until the 40th minute when we conceded our first goal, we seemed to have a collapse in concentration up until half time as we conceded twice more after that. This made the 2nd half a much more nervy affair than i had anticipated by we were able to hang on for the win on away goals.

For the playoff round we face Swansea in an all Welsh tie :p

Pre-season

lQro3.png

Just the one friendly due to Europe, it was an easy win as expected and a chance for the non first teamers to get some fitness.

Transfers - Not much to say again for transfers. We haven't brought anyone in and the only players i've let go were 2 reserves and a few bad youths. Hopefully keeping the squad together can benefit our performances this season. I've not promoted any new youth through this season as there weren't any good enough/needed, instead i've sent them out on loan to get some much needed experience.

Finances - We are back in the black for the first time in 2 years! European football has been a real boost for us with gate receipts of 75-100k for each home game, 86k prize money for the 3 rounds so far as well as some TV money. We currently have 88k in the bank, with the Swansea match aswell this could well reach 200k even if we lose. If we win then we will get over 1 million for reaching the group stage which would be great, but im not expecting that to happen at all!

I should also mention that Sion Johnson has just got his first call into the full Welsh national team at the age of 20! Our first youth product to reach the national team so far :thup:

Euro Cup

FGPUB.png

A good performance from us but it wasn't to be as we lost 6-3 on aggregate. We were at home for the 1st leg and we managed to grind out a 2-2 draw despite being 2nd best for alot of the match. The 2nd leg was a different story, Swansea scored after 2 minutes from a free-kick and took control of the game straight away. We made it to half time without conceding anymore goals and got one of our own on the 47th minute giving us the small hope of sneaking a win. That hope was soon ended when Matijasevic scored on the 50th minute to make it 2-1. He then added his 2nd on the 60th minute before completing his hat-trick on the 68th minute to send us home with a 4-1 defeat. Overall we played well in the 2 legs, our main problem was at CB who had pretty poor games both times, due mainly to Swansea's focus on attacking through the centre which i found hard to stop.

We made 300k from those matches alone which puts us 392k in the black. We played all of our home games at Parc Y Scarlets which gave us a bigger capacity, the biggest being 15,000 against Swansea which brought in 200k. Our revenue this season is already over twice that of last season and it's only just begun! However, it is unlikely to increase much more even if we win the treble now!

I've never looked at this part of the forum before, seem like i've missed out! Just read through the thread and I think you are doing fantastic.

I am slightly curious about the financial state of TNS though, they made it to the group stages once, but their monthly losses must be massive unless their sponsors pay for the wages.

Swansea? What a great match up :) Shame you lost but a great achievement getting that far.
Nice run in Europe. Should be a good little earner for a club your size. :thup:
Which we now fully expect you to do :D
Shame you couldn't get past Swansea, but an excellent effort.
Brilliant attempt in Europe beating Vitesse and Club Brugge is a great achievement.

Thanks guys, that run in Europe was exactly what the club needed though the board still won't let me scout outside of Wales!

I've never looked at this part of the forum before, seem like i've missed out! Just read through the thread and I think you are doing fantastic.

I am slightly curious about the financial state of TNS though, they made it to the group stages once, but their monthly losses must be massive unless their sponsors pay for the wages.

TNS are valued at 500k and have a turnover this season of just over 800k. This was over 1million a few years ago so i think they are losing money, some of their players are on 2k a week which is half my whole weekly budget! With any luck they'll go bankrupt soon :p

August/September 2022

Ieq5H.png

tdasZ.png

A pretty average start to the season so far. I think the Euro cup game a few days before the Port Talbot match was the reason we drew as i rested almost the whole team. The 4-1 defeat to TNS doesn't really tell the whole story, we were 2-1 down until the 88th minute when they made it 3, the 4 as i was pushing for an equaliser. We have recovered to win 2 games on the trot but already we are 5 points behind TNS who have won all 6 games so far.

October/November 2022

WuxZc.png

qMvAK.png

A great couple of months for us. It started slowly, we drew to Newton then lost in the League cup to Llanelli but since that we've won all our games. Our current streak in the league is 7 wins in a row which is very impressive and has allowed us to keep the distance between us and TNS at 5 points. It has also taken us 7 points ahead of Bridgend who sit in 3rd place. I'm not sure how much longer this type of form can last as the pressure usually gets to the team then we lose a few in a row but i hope it doesn't happen!

In the Welsh cup we just about beat Flint town 2-1 to make it to the 4th round.

December 2022/January 2023

wzX1o.png

ymnBv.png

We continued our winning streak by thrashing TNS and Rhyl which put us top of the league on goal difference. We made it 10 games won in a row when we beat Llanelli but thats when it all came crashing down. We put in a nervy performance against Newton which resulted in a 3-2 defeat, we then went on to drop more points by drawing against Bridgend despite having 3 times as many shots and 60% possession. We came back to beat Prestatyn and Airbus and a title challenge looked back on as we were 5 points behind TNS but we then lost to Ton Pentre at home which has virtually ruined our chances of winning the league as we're now 8 points behind.

We managed a narrow 1-0 win over holyhead in the Welsh cup, despite having 30 shots we only managed 3 on target. This has become a familiar part of our play as we quite frequently have 60%+ possession and more than 20 shots but struggle to score. When i had a look it was because we were shooting from range alot so i used the 'work it into the box shout' against Ton Pentre but we had barely managed 5 shots by half time so i'm finding it hard to find a balance.

February/March 2023

IZlBx.png

DNcH5.png

We've won all the games in the league apart from the TNS game in which we lost 1-0. We were unfortunate to lose against TNS and it was a goalkeeping error that gifted them the win which made it that bit worse. We have ridden our luck a bit with some late winners in other matches but we're still up there. With 4 games left we are 7 points behind with TNS yet to play, to stand any chance of winning the league we have to beat TNS and hope they slip up in their other games which is highly unlikely.

What is making alot of the games much harder is the fact that almost every team now uses a 4-5-1 against me which is difficult to counter with a 4-4-2. It's quite incredible how everyone apart from TNS and Prestatyn use it when there was only 1 using it against me last season.

We're through to the semi-finals of the Welsh cup after winning an easy quarter final round,we face Bridgend in the Semi.

April/May 2023

axfmV.png

emObM.png

Our good form in the league continued with 4 more wins in a row, including a 1-0 win over TNS which took the gap between us to just 2 points going into the final game. To win the league TNS had to either draw or lose and we had to win by at least 3 goals to win by GD if TNS did draw. In the end TNS won 3-1 and we drew so we finished 4 points behind.

We made it to the final of the Welsh cup but put in quite a poor performance, we drew 1-1 then lost 3-2 on pens.

Carmarthen 2022/23

League

Predicted: 2nd

Finished: 2nd

We had a good season even if we didn’t get as many points as last time. We took 1st place for a couple of weeks in November after winning 10 games in a row but we weren’t able to keep up our form. A great surge in form at the end of the season closed the 8 point gap to just 2 going into the final match but TNS were able to hold on for the win and claim their 10th title in 11 years.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – TNS

EC - Bridgend, Carmarthen, Aberystwyth

Cups

Welsh Cup – Made it to the final where we drew 1-1 with Aberystwyth before losing 3-2 on pens. Winners: Aberystwyth

League Cup - Lost in the 1st round on pens to Llanelli after drawing 1-1. Winner: TNS

Europe

We had a great run in Europe this season. In the 1st round we beat Dauguva 2-1 on aggregate. In the 2nd round we managed a 2-0 aggregate win over Club Brugge which was a massive feat for the club. This giant killing continued with a 3-3 away goal win over Vitesse in the 3rd round. In the final playoff we played Swansea who beat us 6-4 on aggregate, with our best result being a 2-2 draw at home.

Results.

Transfers

No signings again as they simply weren’t needed. Almost all players who left were youths who weren’t good enough. We are slightly over the wage budget which is making it hard to renew contracts but for now we are fine.

The biggest transfer news for us is that Gethin Morgan, one of this seasons youth players, is wanted by several championship clubs so I might sell if they bid enough money.

Transfers

Finances

Our revenue this season was over 1 million due to our success in Europe. That put us 350k in the black but as soon as European football ended we were back to losing 40-60k per month again which has taken our finances right back down to just above the red.

Our wage budget for next season has risen from 4.2k to 6.2 which should allow me to retain some of my players who are starting to ask for some big wages.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 4nd . They are 2nd in Euro 2024 qualification.

TNS lost to Linfield in the 2nd qualifying round of the CL.

Bridgend lost to Koper in the 1st Qualifying round of the euro cup.

Port Talbot lost to HJK in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank 134th, Up 4places..

Carmarthen Rank 284th, Up 69 places.

Co-efficient4.625/43rd Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Liverpool)

Welsh young player of the year: Dahi Williams (Swansea)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Cressey (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Sion Johnson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Craig Phillips (Prestatyn)

Euro Cup

brmLq.png

Another great run in Europe for us so far. In the 1st round we had an easy tie against NSI from the Faroe islands, we won the first leg 6-1 which killed off the tie and we were quite complacent in the 2nd leg but still got a 1-0 win.

In the 2nd round we faced Belgian opposition like last season, this time it was Genk. The 1st leg was a tight affair, they took the lead early in the 2nd half but we equalised on the 83rd minute. A draw looked on the cards until they came back to hit a winner in the 89th minute. The 2nd leg was a strange game, we dominated the match but didn't take the lead until just before half time. They had a man sent off just after half time and it looked like we simply had to hold them out which we looked like doing until they scored in the 88th minute. I sent Davies on and went all out in a panic to score another goal and Johnson duly obliged in the 94th minute with one of the last kicks of the game. During extra time the extra man really told, the fresh legs and pace of Davies allowed him to bag a hat trick in 10 minutes whilst Johnson got another to make it 6-1 overall.

I wouldn't class our 3rd round opposition, Heerenveen, as any better than Genk but they were a good challenge. We scored early in the 1st leg, Johnson again hitting the net with a penalty. Heerenveen came back on the 18th minute to equalise and they generally had the better of the play but they gifted us a 2nd penalty from which sub Brace scored. We finished in control of the came with Johnson adding his 2nd of the match a few minutes before the end. In the 2nd leg Heerenveen took the lead after 31 minutes but goals from Lewis and Davies put us 2-1 ahead before half time. Johnson scored his 8th goal of the competition on the 61st minute to virtually kill of the tie but Genk's Mena scored on the 61st and 73rd minute to complete his hat-trick and make the end slightly nervy as we went on to win 6-4 on aggregate.

Again this has helped us enormously financially, we're now 400k in the black and with another round at least left we should see that rise to at least 550k i should imagine, depending on who we draw.

Pre season

jcZ52.png

Just the 1 friendly to give some of the reserve players a bit of match fitness.

Transfers - Got rid of alot of the youths in my reserves who's contract was up hence the free transfers. In terms of first teamers, Hughes and Gray were the ones to leave, Gray now 34 and no longer worth his high wages and Hughes beggining to decline at the age of 30 and no longer doing as well as he used to. I haven't actually signed anyone this summer but my director of football has brought in a couple of loan signings from Ireland, with Wheelan the most likely to get any game time.

I've had some interest in a few of my players. Defender Mainwaring had a 500k bid come in from Sligo which my chairman accepted, fortunately he declined on the basis of wages so he remains. Gethin Morgan continues to have a host of Championship/League 1 clubs after him.

[/url]

Youths

Gethin Morgan

Euro Cup

6Xxm1.png

We lucked out in the draw as we were matched with Arsenal. We played well in the 1st leg, restricting them well and holding out until the 82nd minute. It was always going to be a tough task in the 2nd leg but we were the masters of our own downfall. We gave them the lead after 10 minutes through a penalty, they then took complete control of the game, scoring again on the 16th minute to really kill us off. We completed a calamitous start by giving away another penalty on the 28th minute which made it 3-0. From then on we seemed to improve but it was a pretty poor performance overall.

It was interesting to see a piece in my news feed that said Arsenal would be bringing 9,000 away fans, considering the attendance was 13,000 we might as well have been the away team!

This draw has done huge favours for our finances as they have now reached 710k which is incredible for us, that is predicted to go down to 110k by the end of the season but its great to see this sort of form pay off. A few more seasons like this in a row and we might be able to go pro!

August/September 2023

WRAS6.png

38nlB.png

We've had a decent start to the season considering we had European games disrupting our first few league games. I think this is the reason why we drew before and after the 2nd leg of the Arsenal game. That said we are still only 4 points behind TNS who have a 100% winning start. We play them next and we're currently on a 12 match unbeaten run which may cause some pressure to the players so i need to make sure they don't start playing badly.

October/November 2023

K37LG.png

kvL2J.png

A decent couple of months for us overall, we're still unbeaten which i think is starting to put pressure on the players. We managed a draw away to TNS which was a solid result and didn't allow them to pull away. We then won 4 games in a row before drawing to Bridgend with a poor performance, with that draw we are 4 points behind TNS.

We lost the quarter finals of the League cup to Aberystwyth after beating Cefn Druids in the 1st round. We also won the 3rd round of the Welsh cup.

You are still in touch mate...
Making big strides forward now. I know you still haven't overturned TNS yet, or made the group stages of the Europa League, but you're ever so close on both fronts now :thup:

Cheers, i have a feeling its all going to happen at once rather than bit by bit.

December 2023/January 2024

g8GFJ.png

JQS0D.png

Our winning streak continued for 5 games until we came up against TNS again. We lost 2-0, conceding in the 4th and 89th minute as we pushed for an eqauliser. We then drew our next match against Newtown which put us 8 points behind and it looked like TNS were going to pull away. However, they hit some bad form of their own, losing and drawing a match whilst we won which took us back to 4 points behind. What makes this better is that with 2 6-0's and a 4-0 win, our GD is now better than TNS's which could be vital if it comes down to it.

I think that reaching the EL group stages might fund your team going pro. From there on you could probably upgrade the scouting range and also attract better quality players. Once that is all in place, the season should go a lot smoother and beating TNS to the title will hurt them financially as well.

Who knows, this might also work if you beat TNS to the title this season! The last couple of seasons it seems like you have lost the league on direct results, have you tried any mind games with them?

I think that reaching the EL group stages might fund your team going pro. From there on you could probably upgrade the scouting range and also attract better quality players. Once that is all in place, the season should go a lot smoother and beating TNS to the title will hurt them financially as well.

Who knows, this might also work if you beat TNS to the title this season! The last couple of seasons it seems like you have lost the league on direct results, have you tried any mind games with them?

I think your right about making the group stages and going pro. If i did win the title i think TNS would be hurt financially providing they don't do what i've done in the Euro cup.

I have sometimes tried mind games but its not something i do often as i don't want it to have a negative effect on my team.

February/March 2024

98dMy.png

h3EFZ.png

We won the first 3 games on the league split, we then drew to Bridgend which actually put us into 1st place on GD after TNS lost. We drew to TNS to keep us in top spot but then lost to Aberystwyth which put us back to 2nd, 3 points behind. We came back with a good win against Port Talbot and realistically we're going to have to win all our games now if we are to win the league.

We're through to the semi-final of the Welsh cup where we face Cefn Druids.

Archived