It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HUGE! Congrats on mkaing it to the group stage. Don't spend the money all at once ;)
Looks like a tough group.

Thanks guys. I don't think the group is too bad for our first time, certainly could have been alot harder and im not expecting to qualify yet.

August/September 2029

p0CT2ru.png

l1fLGiA.png

Champions League

A pretty flawless start to our first 6 league games, winning them all in style. Keeron Davies in particular has been in amazing form, scoring 7 goals in 6 games. I've had to rotate the team alot in the early stages due to having alot of midweek european matches so its good to see we are consistently performing and that we already have a 4 point lead after TNS have drawn twice.

8Nc8AQ8.png

PaoMfId.png

We've only had 1 group game so far and it was the hardest, away to Liverpool. The scoreline doesn't really tell the whole story, they were all over us for the 90 minutes and had 34 shots to our 4. They had a man sent off mid way through the 2nd half but it made no difference, they were just class. I am quite pleased to have kept it so low though, look a bit more respectable at least!

October/November 2029

GFO4jpp.png

6HYwuXt.png

Our form recently in Wales has been almost perfect, with just one defeat to Prestatyn who seem to be our bogey team at the moment. We have a 6 point lead over TNS who are 2nd but we are yet to play them in the league so hopefully that'll go up to 12 soon!

We're still in both cups too, making it to the League Cup final having beaten Rhyl, TNS and Porthmadog. We are also into the next round of the Welsh cup after winning 4-1 against Pretatyn.

Champions league

qVdmkZn.png

mnuAQQA.png

Sparta Prague: Our first and only win of the group stage so far and it was a pretty easy one. We dominated the match in terms of possession and shots but we left it until the 69th minute to score through Johnson, with Morgan scoring straight after. The win helped boost our finances with an additional 800k prize money.

Lyon: Similar to our game against Liverpool, we were outclassed. We did manage to hold out until the 68th minute which was a good achievement but Lyon had 34 shots in total. A special shout should go to Bolger in defense who played incredibly well with a 9.0 rating.

Lyon: An early penalty put Lyon ahead and they doubled it soon after on the 21st minute. We had a few more chances than the away game but that could have been down to the fact they had a man sent off on the 42nd minute.

Liverpool: Our best performance bar the Sparta match. We took the lead in the 27th minute through Sion Johnson and gave Liverpool a good game. They had a man sent off after 53 minutes but that only seemed to make them stronger. They equalised on the 61st minute and went on to grab a winner on the 81st minute with a 30 yard screamer which was a shame, a draw here would have been a great result.

Not a bad attempt at our first CL group so far, we've still got our final match vs Sparta Prague to go and as long as we don't lose more than 2-0 then we should finish and drop into the Euro Cup knockouts which is another nice money spinner, albeit quite small.

All good in the league as usual...

And it looks like you have a decent chance of making the Europa League (I guess you could even get away with a 2-0 defeat...) - good luck! :thup:

Ooh, you're a big time Charlie now! :p

Pretty decent effort too, only conceding the six goals :thup:

Cheers guys. Was quite pleased with the fact we managed to keep the scores so low, i was expecting to get trounced at least once!

In other news, i've finally managed to get the board to agree to upgrade the youth facilities. This will be the first time we've actually owned them as they are currently rented. They only cost 350k too which makes both facility upgrades worth 4 million in total which isn't too bad.

RD5uLlO.png

December 2029/January 2030

sYeHGrb.png

PhwU2Se.png

We have a 13 point lead in the league with 10 games to go but our recent league form hasn't been that great. We lost to Airbus at the beginning of January and struggled to beat Bridgend. Most recently we drew to TNS but games against TNS don't always go the way you want them to. TNS are actually at risk of not even finishing 2nd with Airbus 4 points ahead of them at the moment, a sign of their fading power in Wales.

Champions League

oCggRN7.png

wNGEhun.png

Our final match away to Sparta was an incredible win for us. Scott Brace ran the midfield, getting 2 goals and an assist with defender Mattie Lewis coming off the bench to grab two second half goals as well. This should do wonders for the club co-efficient at the end of the season and guaranteed us 3rd place which dropped us down into the Euro Cup where we face APOEL in the 1st round.

Great effort in the Champions League. :thup:

As you are now in the knockout stages of the Europa League, you will probably get past that round before I do. :lol:

Oh, you have lost two league games. You should be fired. :D

Cheers Daz, i'm lucky to still be in th job after 2 league defeats, guess the team just isn't performing as i expected this season :p.

Euro Cup

First Knockout Round

V7WtpeD.png

It was as easy as i secretly suspected, we seem to have no trouble beating teams of a lower European standard anymore. We pretty much won this one in the first leg with 3 away goals, albeit with 2 of them coming in the dying minute of the match. The second leg was a bit more equal statistically but we killed off the game with 3 first half goals with Webber in particularly good form. APOEL did respond with a late 2nd half goal but it was just a consolation.

We got 170k in prize money which helps balance out our monthly loses with the gate receipts adding some more profit. In the next round we face Shakhtar who i'm sure will be a very tough team to play and i'm not expecting to beat!

d9eZfUt.png

4kwCieC.png

I don't need the money but this is a seriously tempting offer. He's only my backup LM at the moment but he has the potential to be a 3 1/2 star player (Currently 1 1/2) but he is 21 so it's unlikely he's going to improve that much. All the money is up front and it includes 25% on any profit which wouldn't be anything as this is an absurd amount for him. The only problem is that it would leave me a little bit short for cover on the left for the rest of the season, but theres not long left and i know i can get good replacements in for a decent price.

I dont know what to do! :(

After the Shamrock deal fell through i was determined to get my million for him so i offered Poole out for 1 million and Linfield took the bait, there were no add ons but this sort of cash for a player worth 3.5k isn't bad! I get to keep him for the rest of the season too which is perfect for me.

NL5GBgv.png

Euro Cup

2nd Knockout Round

2RwO4Uk.png

We finally met our match in Shakhtar although i think we were a bit unlucky. In the first leg we were by far the better team, having twice as many shots in total and 3 times as many on target as Shakhtar, unfortunately we were wasteful infront of goal whilst they took their chances, scoring in the 68th and 84th minute. Shakhtar were better on home soil and scored the only goal of the game on the 33rd minute, we did have chances of our own but again wasted them.

February/March 2030

1xL2lT9.png

Teqlc5I.png

An almost perfect couple of months for us, dropping points only in a draw with Airbus. We won the league after the win at Pretatyn but what i think it more important to point out is the fact Airbus seemed to have secured 2nd place in the league this season, with TNS in real danger of dropping down to 4th place!

Elsewhere we made it to the Welsh cup semi final where we will face Airbus.

April/May 2030

PMStOOs.png

tBYdz4G.png

It was a fairly standard end to the season in the league, finishing 21 points ahead of Airbus in 2nd and dropping a few points on the final day to Prestatyn.

We did however, manage to win the treble. Beating Barry 3-0 in the final of the League cup and Haverfordwest 5-0 in the Welsh cup which helped to bring in around 100k in prize money.

Carmarthen 2029/30

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We won the league again which was no surprise, getting a point tally in the mid 80’s as usual. What was most interesting about the league this season was the fact TNS finished 3rd as opposed to 2nd which was taken by Airbus.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen

EC - TNS, Airbus, Prestatyn.

Cups

Welsh Cup – We made it to the final once again and faced Haverfordwest, we beat them 5-0 with Sion Johnson scoring a hat trick.

League Cup – Made it to the final where we beat Barry 3-0.

Europe

We had a great run in Europe this season, making it to the CL group stage for the first time ever. On our way to the group stage we knocked out Neftci, Basel and Club Brugge all fairly easily.

In the group we had Liverpool, Lyon and Sparta Prague. As expected we lost both matches against Lyon and Liverpool but beat Sparta both times which meant we finished 3rd and dropped into the Euro Cup.

In the 1st Knockout round we had APOEL whom we beat 3-1 in both legs to progress to face Shakhtar. It was here our journey ended as they knocked us out, winning 3-0 on aggregate.

Results

Group

Transfers

Martyn Thorne CDM CM (Loan): not a bad little player, played in the ball winning midfield role, rotated with Webber. 6.98 rating in 28 games.

Pawel Paprocki RB (Loan): Solid young RB, 7.31 rating in 32 games. Only downside is that hes a bit injury prone.

John Rush RB: Not a great player, just bought in for some extra backup. Played 21 games with a 7.44 rating.

Russ Hotte RM (Loan): a late January loan signing just to add a bit more depth on the right side, made 7 appearances with a rating of 6.88.

Transfers

Finances

This has been our best ever season financially after making it to the CL group stage. In total we made over 8million in prize money, with 1.63million coming in through TV revenue.

3.8million of this has been spent on improving the training and youth facilities over the summer whilst we still have 6.4 million left in the bank.

We have 2 new sponsorship deals. A 5 year kit deal worth 120k per season, up from 58k, and a local sponsor worth 7k per season, up from 3k.

Finances

Wales

TNS lost to Sigma Olomouc in the 2nd round of the Euro cup.

Prestatyn lost to Rudnar Velenje in the 1st of the euro cup.

Airbus lost to Sligo Rovers in the 1st knockout round of the Euro Cup.

WPL Rank 81st. Up 10 places.

Carmarthen Rank –91st. Up 89 places.

Co-efficient12.750/24th up 10 places. Will now have 2 teams in Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying round, 1 in the 1st.

Welsh footballer of the year: Jon John (Man City)

Welsh young player of the year: Stuart Morgan (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Scott Brace (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Stuart Morgan (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

Not bad in Europe at all.
amazing what you can do within a couple of decades isnt it,just a matter of time now before you lift that champions

league trophy;)

A top effort in Europe. Something to build on :thup:

Thanks guys, the most important thing for us at the moment is building up a nice bank balance and hopefully going up in the co-efficients at the same time which we seem to be doing now.

Champions League

pTW88Iw.png

We were seeded this year which has given us some slightly easier draws. In the 2nd round we had Sligo Rovers, we beat them 4-1 in the first leg thanks to a hat trick from Stuart Morgan. Complacency crept in in the 2nd leg but we still managed to get a 2-2 draw to take us into the 3rd round.

In the 3rd Round we face Zilina who never really posed us any problems, resulting in two simple 2-0 wins, with Stuart Johnson playing particularly well in the 2nd leg.

This guarantees us some sort of European football even if it is just Euro Cup. In the Champions Playoff we face Anorthorsi of Cyprus having just about made it into the final seeded group.

Blimey, you have virtually halved your club European ranking!

We were lucky in that last season replaced a really poor season on the co-efficient. If we can just get to the group stage over the next 4 years continuously then our actual co-efficient will at least double in number which should put us alot higher up!

Pre season

0oJpyjJ.png

Just the standard one friendly, although it probably wasnt enough this time.

Transfers - Spent a little bit of the money but didn't want to go too over the top considering our huge budget. I'm hoping to build a stockpile of cash to improve facilities and for buying better players in a few years time rather than now, i'm also slightly weary that alot of key player need new contracts this season and i know that they will be demanding very high wages now.

The transfer of Poole from the club for 1million pretty much covers most of the clubs loses over the course of the year which means any European money will be almost pure profit.

Jacob Fisher - Signed more for his coaching ability than as a player, although he is actually pretty decent for our level. I've put him in the reserves though due to his high appearance fee!

Leigh Andrew

Scott Mitchell

Christian Horne

[/url]

Absolutely brilliant as usual,good to see your improving in Europe as well.Better start watching out for Airbus now :D

Indeed i should! They seemed to have come out of nowhere having been relegated and coming back up a few years ago, they were the only team to actually progress a round in Europe this season (apart from me of course!)

Champions League

ewbKJhK.png

They were a tougher test than i expected them to be but we made it through in the end, winning 4-2 on aggregate.

We were the better team in the 1st leg but went behind on the 38th minute. We had to wait until the 68th minute to equalise and get that important away goal which came from Sion Johnson, Bolger also had a late 94th minute winner disallowed.

We created a lot more in the 2nd leg but it wasn't all plain sailing. The 1st half was a fairly nervy affair with neither team really pushing for goals. We scored right after half time to put us 2-1 up and had another disallowed soon after. Anorthosi equalised on the 63rd minute which made the last part of the match that bit more nerve wracking until Stuart Morgan grabbed his 2nd to make it 2-1. Purdie then killed off any chance of losing the tie in the 86th minute with a neat little goal.

We were seeded 4th in the group draw and were the lowest seeded team in the 4th pot. We ended up coming out in a mean looking group that leaves me wondering where the points (if any) are going to come from. Even Lille will be a huge challenge, with them having been Euro Cup finalists last season.

2Us9HOS.png

Um. Group of Death. :D

Just a bit :D

August/September 2030

FzKOqca.png

JlT7jGy.png

5 strong wins in 6 so far which puts us 3 points clear of 2nd place which is TNS at the moment. We did draw to Airbus but we had a pretty weak side out due to the Inter game looming in midweek, as well as that we few injuries to midfield which made team selection a bit harder.

Champions League

7VAX8ru.png

p7GODDd.png

Just the one group game so far but we somehow managed to win it! A really incredible feat to beat Lille, especially away from home. Sion Johnson gave us a shock lead after 3 minutes but Lille were all over us in the opening stages. Things did even out a little but they were still the better team throughout the match. Richie Lewis came off the bench to grab a 2nd goal for us on the 64th minute and we went on to hold Lille out thanks to a great defensive performance.

Top of the group :cool:

Great win over Lille - nice prize money per win in the Champions League too ;)
Quality win against the French. :thup:
Great start to the group.
Brilliant result! :thup:

Thanks guys, the result was a massive surprise to me, i doubt we'll do it again in the home tie.

In other news, i've just got this guy on a free. My only real defensive midfielder so he should be quite useful, unfortunately hes not registered to play in Europe.

XW8rF8h.png

We've also been allowed to upgrade our training facilities again, they are average at the moment so this should make them 'good'.

jxRe4re.png

Had to catch up on this thread once again. Seems like you are doing great!

Since you are in about 2 decades now, have there been any power shifts among Europe's elite? I saw Twente humiliated Bayern, was that a one-off or has Twente actually become a force to be reckoned with?

Keep up the good job!

A great read, and excellent progress in the CL! Amazing to see how far you've come in the last few seasons too :)
A Welsh side in the group stages twice in a row. Who would have thought it?

Doing nicely.

Cheers guys, hopefully in a few years i will get to the knockouts!

Had to catch up on this thread once again. Seems like you are doing great!

Since you are in about 2 decades now, have there been any power shifts among Europe's elite? I saw Twente humiliated Bayern, was that a one-off or has Twente actually become a force to be reckoned with?

Keep up the good job!

I haven't got the game loaded up at the moment but off the top of my head i'd have to say Blackburn. I've followed their progress for about 10 year now actually since they were in the relegation zone in the Premier League. Zola took over and the next season, they won the Euro Cup. A season or two after that they won the league, then 2 years ago they won the Champions League having finished 6th in the league (Sound familiar?) For now they are an almost consistent top 4 team, although its very competitive in the prem as always.

October/November 2030

EeoNBPj.png

xGgaLFI.png

We're still unbeaten in the league and 7 points clear after 13 games and with a game in hand. We've had quite a few big wins over the past couple of months, thanks a lot to Richie Lewis's great goalscoring form with 12 goals in 9 league games so far. The only team we dropped points to was Haverfordwest in a 0-0 draw..

Champions League

tqEF68K.png

jCQlCgi.png

Lewis's goalscoring form has carried over into Europe as well, scoring in every group game apart from the Inter match so far.

Inter (H): We were a bit unlucky in this match, we went behind after 6 mins then 2-0 down after an own goal in the 52nd minute. 2 goals in the 73rd and 80th minute brought it back to 2-2 and it looked like we might have taken a point until they scored the winner on the 83rd minute.

At.Madrid (A): We were really outclassed in this one, with Madrid striker Juan Carlos Roman scoring a hat-trick within the first 46 minutes. Lewis grabbed an equaliser late on.

At.Madrid (H): Much better from us at home, Lewis gave us a surprise lead mid way through the first half and the game was fairly even for the most part. We suffered injuries to Sion Johnson and Scott Mitchell but still managed to hold onto a draw, with Athletico getting their goal on the 54th minute.

Lille (H): Just to prove the first win wasn't a fluke, we done it again! We controlled the early stages, with Webber putting us ahead. Lewis made it 2-0 on the 63rd minute but Lille got one back shortly after. Sub Davies then killed the games off with an 83rd minute goal to give us the 3 points.

This leaves us with 7 points from the 5 games so far with Inter left to play. We are guaranteed Knockout football as we're in clear 3rd place and if we can somehow beat Inter then we will take 2nd place in the group which would be amazing, however, im not expecting that at all!

Tough ask against Inter, but stranger things have happened! Very handy that Lille have been nothing short of abysmal! :D
So the Europa League is a cert. Continuing in the Champions League is just a small matter of beating Inter away :)

Cheers guys, im over the moon with how we've done this time.

December/January 2031

HiN3ggA.png

mhSn61U.png

We've really pulled away in the league recently and we're on a 12 game winning streak at the moment. With 10 games left we're 21 points ahead so i can say with some certainty that we've won it, now we can concentrate on the cups!

Champions league

vYRdwGu.png

1joSXs4.png

It wasn't to be in the Champions League. We played ok against Inter but we were let down by a poor spell at the start of the 2nd half when we conceded 3 goals between the 46-52nd minute. Bolger pulled one back but it was nothing more than a consolation.

This meant we finished 3rd in the group an dropped into the Euro Cup. In the 1st knockout round we face Rapid Wien which is a winnable game given this seasons results.

Archived