What if Team from Blue square winds fa cup?

An Italian semi pro team just reached the Europa League on one of my saves after losing the Italian cup final to Genoa. They were knocked out in their first game though to a team from Slovenia on away goals :(. Funnily enough the year they reached the Italian cup final was the same year they got relegated to Serie C2 or something.

If you were to somehow luck, cheat or miracle your way to the FA Cup Final with the FM equivlant of the Dog & Duck, you may not even have to win it - just losing to a team already Euopean qualified will get you a place in the Europa League qualifying stages. Seen in happen a few times in FM - happened with Millwall back in 2004(?).

If you were to somehow luck, cheat or miracle your way to the FA Cup Final with the FM equivlant of the Dog & Duck, you may not even have to win it - just losing to a team already Euopean qualified will get you a place in the Europa League qualifying stages. Seen in happen a few times in FM - happened with Millwall back in 2004(?).

If you lost, the EL place would belong to 6th/7th team in the Prem.

If you lost, the EL place would belong to 6th/7th team in the Prem.

Nope. If the winners of the FA Cup have already qualified for Europe via the Premier League then the runners up are given the place in Europe. Only if the runners up have also qualified via the Premier League that it is given to the highest placed team not already qualified for Europe.

Happened to me on FM 05 or 06, got Leigh RMI to the FA Cup final, lost 1-0 to Liverpool but got into Europe as they already qualified for the Champion's League. The cup run nearly ruined my promotion challenge, but I got it on the last day, when results went my way. The final itself was a bit of a let down, as Liverpool played a second string outfit and the attendance was less than 40 000. Not sure if it would still be like that now.

I didn't get the chance to take my League 2 team into Europe, as I was offered the Crewe job in the Championship afterwards.

Just curious what will happen :D Will they get extra promotion may be?

Funnily enough, someone playing in Malaysia has recently managed to go up because his team reached the final of some sort of League Cup competition. 2 years previously.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326070-FM13-The-Third-Journey-by-noikeee/page2 (post 140)

If that doesn't qualify for the strangest promotion of all time, I don't know what does :D

Just curious what will happen :D Will they get extra promotion may be? I doubt about place in Euro cups

I understand, that it is inly possible through 100000 load\saves, but i am curious\

Wins* in title :D

It'd be amazing if they got there. I've gotten a League 2 team to the final of the League Cup (and lost...) but that was back in the older editions. I've never managed to repeat the feat because the difference in quality between the Premiership and Championship let alone the PL/CP vs L1 and 2 is miles apart nowadays.

Nope. If the winners of the FA Cup have already qualified for Europe via the Premier League then the runners up are given the place in Europe. Only if the runners up have also qualified via the Premier League that it is given to the highest placed team not already qualified for Europe.

Nope, even more confusing - the losing finalist only qualifies if the winners qualify for the Champions League NOT the Europa League - this has though so far never happened in real life.

If the FA Cup winners qualify for the Europa League - they get the FA Cup Winners slot in the Group Stage instead of the Play Off Round.

It's quite easy to do on FMC with unlockables.

The answer is not much interesting.

Although I am inclined to see what would happen if a team in L2 played every conceivable game in a season, i.e. Europa League + L2 + Domestic Cups, all through to finals. I imagine it would be a fairly congested schedule.

I won the FA Cup with Basingstoke whilst in League Two. So we were professional by that point, but the fixture list becomes a nightmare if you manage to qualify for the Europa League group stage, do well in the League Cup, get to the FA Cup 3rd round, do well in the JPT and have aspirations for promoton in the league. If I remember correctly, I actually qualified from the EL Group Stage (despite two absolute hammerings by Athletic Bilbao), and then went out to Anderlecht in the first knockout round. Also won promotion, but my runs in the JPT, FA Cup and League Cup were all appalling...

If the Premiership team you are playing get a Champions League place via the league then the Cup Runners Up will get the Europa spot, if the team you are playing only get a Europa spot via the league then the European place for the FA Cup will go to the 6th/7th place team in the Premier League

It's quite easy to do on FMC with unlockables.

The answer is not much interesting.

Although I am inclined to see what would happen if a team in L2 played every conceivable game in a season, i.e. Europa League + L2 + Domestic Cups, all through to finals. I imagine it would be a fairly congested schedule.

Might find out next season with Bradford :p

My team Bradford are the Capitol One Semi Final and if we beat Villa and get Chelsea in the Final i am assured that we will be in the Europa League next season (if chelsea finish in euro spaces).

Same would apply for fa cup.

not for capital cup, its only the fa cup that it passes to the losing finalist, in capital cup its winner or it goes to the league

Jesus thats harsh is that :-(

Looks like we will have to beat Chelsea/Swansea lol

No it's not harsh. It has always been that way. Only the League Cup winners qualify for Europe. The runners up don't get the spot if they winners qualify for the Champions League.

Archived