Friendlies......

15-20 as a lower league team is totally overkill and if you're doing it for the finances some would say thats bordering on exploiting/cheating.

Personally I would say around 6-8 for my main squad.

I'd say more exploiting than cheating, as a team in the BSP, i could earn 100-200k from a good pre season, which goes a long way if your wage budget is only 10k

Six matches.

I build two about equally strong sides who get three starts each and sub the whole team for the other one at around 55 mins into each friendly.

I always make sure that the last two friendlies are against minnows to make sure that my players get good ratings and approach the season with good morale.

I play in Denmark where we have a long winter break (from december to march), but I usually play 6-8 friendlies in the preseason and 6-8 friendlies in the winter break.

I play them to make new players accustomed to their new teammates and tactics and to gain match fitness.

I usually always play as a top flight club in either England or Spain, so I usually fit around 6-8 friendlies in the pre-season period. I always try to make the last friendly (at least a week before my first competitive game of the season) a home game against a top European club. Never actually considered the idea of playing one or two against smaller teams as a way of boosting confidence/morale. May consider that in future.

Currently playing through a save with Gateshead in the BSP so with a bit of a longer season I may lower the number of friendlies to about 5-6.

Mainly used as a way of building up match fitness and condition. Again, as this is essentially my first time playing a lower league club, I may look at trying to schedule a couple of those friendlies with the aim of getting some finances in.

Archived