Need help / workaround on strange work permit situation

I signed this 2* kid from Peru who needed a work permit, upon arriving at the age of 18 he was revised to have 5* even by top EPL standards and have made 100% of appearances for Peru during last year so I know he qualifies for work permit.

I sent him to a Championship club to confirm because I know that starts another WP process for that transfer. the WP was successful because I get the news that so and so have been approved for a work permit to complete his transfer to nchampionship club. Now obviously I want him to develop at my club so I tried to offer him a new contract to reset this wp process and his agent said "... just signed a new contract and my client isn't interested in negotiating right now" :mad:

What should I do get him a wp so he can remain at my club to train?

He doesn't qualify yet. It has to be 75% over 2 years and the nation have to be in the top 70.

So he played games at the Championship club? The only thing you could do is talk to your board and try and get a work permit feeder club from a nation like Belgium or somewhere. However this takes a few years. If he's played in 100% of the nations games in the past year, just keep trying to offer him a new deal.

Until then he probably won't get one.

Well his transfer to a championship level club is successful because the work permit was approved. Yet when I recalled him immediately his status shows that he needs a work permit for my club. So the only solution I assume is to give him a new contract to start the process again as recalling from loan apparently doesn't restart the work permit process for the origin club.

I have Anderletch (sp) as my feeder but that takes 3 years which means I miss out on the tutoring window along with his initial development. The worst case scenario for me is to send him to the Championship for a year and keep trying to sign a new contract along the way. Though I know that he will want a massive contract now that he knows he is 5* potential too.

I think you should let him go out on loan to a domestic club. I think after a player has gotten a WP the process shifts from being based on international games to domestic games. After a month or so you can re-offer him a contract, so just make sure he joins a team where he gets to play.

Archived