Board expectations/Reputation Issue

Alright, I find this to be the most bizarre thing I have ever come across in my time playing FM. However, considering I almost always play as Huddersfield on FM13 (seems weird to play as anyone else - might get over that at some point :p), it's something I could really do with being sorted, as I'm at my wits end trying to sort this out. I've reinstalled Steam twice, and FM13 about four times in the hope that it would deal with this mysterious problem, but it's still remaining there like a Manchester City shirt in the middle of the Stretford End.

I've gotten used to playing with the default database, and would rather use it significantly more than the new January Transfers database, before anyone suggests that.

The issue is this. Throughout the beta and up until the new patches have come out, whenever I have taken over Town, the media prediction has been 22nd (as per normal) and the board expectation has been to enjoy the experience of playing in the Championship (consolidate position, essentially). I have typically made a couple of signings from the SPL (won't mention any names, let's just say the two of them play in orange), who are typically keen to come to the club.

However, 3 days ago, I tried starting a new game. The media prediction is still 22nd, but the board expectation is now to achieve a comfortable mid-table position - which, whilst not unreasonable, is a surprising ask for a newly promoted club. Furthermore, the signings I made in my previous iterations are no longer interested in joining the club! This is, might I add, with no amendments to the database (fresh install). Might I add that this seems to only be affecting Huddersfield Town on my game - which is baffling!

Could someone please help me? This issue is gnawing away at me and as such I have no intention of picking up this game again until I find a reason for this happening!

It will have nothing to do with Steam, if you're using the updated database then changes made by the Huddersfield researcher could be partly behind the more ambitious board & of course any changes made to the Championship clubs would have an impact, SI could have made also changes to the code in this area of the game that has had a similar affect.

As for previously interested transfer targets no longer being keen on a move this again is most likely due to a combination of factors, is it a bad thing though? You now have the chance to sign different players which will differentiate your new save from the last one.

@Barside - Must have missed this point out. I'm using the default database. Besides, I've looked at the updated database and it's still asking for Town to avoid relegation. If it was a part of the game originally (i.e. mid-table finish, SPL players not interested), I could understand it - but it isn't, hence why I'm here.

Yep, I now see that you indicated that you stuck with the 13.0.0 database, that suggest that the differences between the saves are down to coding changes & there have been a reasonable amount of those since the original beta release.

I would certainly agree that the vast majority SPL players would be interested in a move to the Championship, many would probably take L1 or even L2, so it might be worth heading over to the transfers & contracts section in the bugs forum to raise the issue.

Issue raised in the bugs forum - thanks for the help Barside.

(And yes, most SPL players would want to join a Championship club - Town picked one up in the summer in Paul Dixon!)

I've just checked my save & noticed a similar lack of interest in moving from the SPL to Championship.

Edit: Just spotted your thread in the bugs forum after I posted one of my own, if you can it would be worth uploading your save for SI to have a look at, I've uploaded a copy of mine but having two examples is always better.

On my save the SPL is ranked 14th & the Championship is 16th, both have the same star value so the chances are the precise value is quite close, factor in the extra financial clout of a Championship club plus the carrot of the Premier league being so close & the balance should tip towards the Championship.

Mine is the start of the game on the default database - Championship 15th, SPL 19th.

I'm going to load up the save on the bugs forum, Barside - it'll be at the start of the game, with the two players scouted who I normally sign. If you would be so kind, could you please start up a game (13.0.0 database) and take over as Town, just to see whether board expectations you receive are in line with what I have been given?

EDIT: Linked - http://www.filedropper.com/htfcbug

Reputation is still the same. Had a try on a mate's computer and it still does the same thing, so it's clear now that it's an issue caused by the new patch.

Any way of cancelling a patch? XD

Archived