Advice on contracts

Hi,

As the subject line says I am looking for advice regarding player contracts. I am currently playing a Rangers save where I took them from Div 3 to winning the treble. The news post has come in stating some players who only have 1 year remaining on their contracts. Whats disappointing is that most if not all of them are wanting wages in the region of 25k - 35k which is a crazy jump from wages between 8k-16k.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can keep their wages down a bit?

Cheers

Hold of offering new deals until it's absolutely necessary, the closer they get to having their contract expire the more likely a player is to accept a lower value deal.

There is also the matter of whether their demands are actually unreasonable, for a 1st team regular £25-£35K doesn't strike me as unreasonable & the rest are probably just trying their luck. I'd re-sign the very best players in the squad & then decide whether to cash in on players that I'm definitely not going to offer new deals or just keep them at the club until their current contract expires.

thanks for the replies.

I can see what your saying with regards to 25-35k not being a huge amout but as Rangers in Scotland it is pretty high. My finances finished in the red this season so I am trying my best to sort that out. I have also got two feeder clubs to help with merchandising but I aint seeing any benefits in that yet. I was hoping to be able to tour those countrys in pre-season but for some reason I still can only tour n-ireland. Anyone know how to tour other countries.

Archived