[FM 13] If Arrested Development can come back after a Hiatus, so can I! - A Cerud Career

cerud

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tough first season there but good form arrived in the end and you were well clear at the end. hopefully the finances settle a bit and you can progress next season

I'm hoping I can take my record at the end of last season and being on that note. We'll see.

When did you get a director of football ?

Beginning of last season. He's been with me just over a year now.

Fun first two seasons Cerud, the first year was like a dream, until you went up that is! Bizarre to leave after a single season with a promotion but with that state of things financially it would be very frustrating to stick with it.

Amusingly the finances in Spain clearly are a bit screwed up too, I am not a fan of how boards bail out clubs continuously in FM as it makes things easier than they should be in those situations, but well that's not your fault. Sporting-wise you started last season fine, had a massive troubled period in the middle but still did fine to save them.

Fun first two seasons Cerud, the first year was like a dream, until you went up that is! Bizarre to leave after a single season with a promotion but with that state of things financially it would be very frustrating to stick with it.

Amusingly the finances in Spain clearly are a bit screwed up too, I am not a fan of how boards bail out clubs continuously in FM as it makes things easier than they should be in those situations, but well that's not your fault. Sporting-wise you started last season fine, had a massive troubled period in the middle but still did fine to save them.

I looked at Torhout to see how they did in the higher league, and they finished dead last. An immediate relegation. Spain has been more lenient, especially in ailing out our finances. I agree about how that's set up. There's no way a lower league club in real life would survive with these crazy wage budgets that kill the financial security of the club.

Life definitely turned around in the final third of last season. I think much was to do with the squad gelling and filled two key positions, goalkeeper and right back. I'm definitely noticing a much better defensive play this season.

Good to see things pick up quite a bit near the end, even though you couldn't get very far up the table itself.

Thanks, deltablue. I survived not being relegated and that was good enough for last season.

Safely mid-table in the end. Not a bad effort at all :thup:

Cheers! :thup:

August-September 2014 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

Extremadura U.D. - Segunda División B Grupo 4

Segunda División B Grupo 4

fixgk.png

31 August 2014 -Élcija Balompié - Away - 2-1 Win

We begin the new season with an away win. Both goals came from two new players from this past off-season. Very nice to see a couple debut goals.

7 September 2014 – C.P. Cacereño - Home - 0-0 Draw

A very even match played out for our first game at home. Neither club was able to fashion a chance on net.

14 September 2014 – U.D. Marbella - Away - 6-0 Win

We walked into Marbella and stunned their fans. Konate actually scored a hat trick within a span of 6 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a hat trick scored that fast. Jean almost had a hat trick of his own, but the goal post denied him. Twice.

21 September 2014 – Real Balompédica Linense - Away - 1-2 Loss

An unfortunate match. The second goal of Linense's was a horrible penalty kick. No way was that a penalty and the FA agreed with me as I railed against the referee in my post-game press conference. Hate to lose because of a bad decision out of my control, but it happens.

24 September 2014 – Lucnena C.F. - Home - 2-1 Win

de Paz tied the match in the 15th minute from a brilliant free kick just outside the 16 yard box. Curled in right into the top corner past the goalkeeper. Konate continues his early reign of dominance, netting us the win in the second half.

28 September 2014 – Jerez C.F. - Home - 6-0 Win

I think our home fans were disappointed they didn't get to see the 6-0 win a couple weeks back in an away match. So, we brought it to them! That's just the kind of manager I am :)Konate grabbed his second hat trick of the month with other goals spread out in the squad.

The Standings

standj.png

The beginning of this season has been a dream start. I'm impressed by the cohesiveness of our squad, resulting in the best goals conceded record in the league so far. Goal production has come from multiple players; however, Konate is showing why I picked him up last season. He wasn't the greatest last year, only coming on halfway through the season, but this year has been much better. He has almost tied his goal production from all of last season already. Here's hoping that we're able to keep up this progress.

October 2014 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixw.png

5 October 2014 -Real Jaén C.F. - Away - 0-1 Loss

A well fought match. Unfortunately, we just couldn't come out ahead.

12 October 2014 – U.D. Almeria B - Away - 3-0 Win

This was a match we were expected to win easily and we didn't disappoint. However, Konate has come up injured, which may hurt out chances going forward.

18 October 2014 – F.C. Cartagena - Home - 0-0 Draw

We wouldn't be able to find a more evenly played match. A draw was exactly what was on the books for this one.

26 October2014 – U.D. Melilla - Home - 1-2 Loss

Vila helped us go into the half with a 1-1 tie, but we couldn't find another. It was well played, but the end of a difficult month.

The Standings

standy.png

The top half the table is extremely tight. It's difficult to try and break it down. Three of the four teams we played this month are in the top 4 positions so it was always going to be a difficult month to play. Now that it's complete, I'm hoping for a return to our earlier form. Konate is recovering well from his injury and should be fit to play in a week.

We also got a bit more monetary help from our Board.

cashv.png

Only 3 points off the playoffs... doing great so far!
Yeah good start of the season Cerud, Extremadura is progressing nicely.

It's a much better year than the last so far!

Where does your board keep getting this money? :O

Solid start so far. Hope you don't drift away from top 4 too far as you have a real chance of making play offs.

Maybe the Board are oil barons...

I like to think they're river boat pirates! :D

Very handily placed. I'd say you've got a good shot at the play-offs this season :thup:

The top of the table is very tight. I've been bouncing all over the place.

Good start to the season, still in touching distance of playoffs, lets hope you dont fade away!

Me too. It's crazy though; one game can mean 6 places in the table, win or loss.

November 2014 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixg.png

2 November 2014 -Sevilla Atlético - Away - 3-0 Win

Sevilla Atlético and us are very close to each other in the table so a win could help give us some distance. It was a well played match away from home.

11 November 2014 – UCAM Murcia C.F. - Away - 1-1 Tie

Konate saved this match for us with a nicely placed goal in the 81st minute. Gave us the tie and has kept us in the hunt for higher positions.

16 November 2014 – C.F. Villanovense - Home - 4-3 Win

We took a 3-1 lead early in the second half. Then, Villanovense went to work on my player. First, they injured my left winger, then my right winger, and finally my back up left winger. In trying to figure out a formation with no subs left, I ended up with 2 players completely out of positions. Ironically, it was those two players who gave us our final goal and the win. Next time I play Villanovense, I will have to remember to equip baseball bats.

23 November 2014– C.D. Díter Zafra - Home - 4-0 Win

Vila has been on fire in the past couple of matches. I was expected to easily win this match and we made sure that was the case. This win has us painfully close to the playoffs.

30 November 2014– Yeclano Deportivo - Away - 0-1 Loss

This was supposed to be another simple match, so I decided to give a couple other players a start. Bad managerial decision. We dominated the match and I have no idea how we didn't win this one, but we go away with a loss that hopefully won't hurt us at the end of the season.

The Standings

standef.png

The distance between us and top spot is 5 points. It was 8 points last month, so we are closer than before. We are hovering around the outskirts of the playoff zone. If we hadn't lost that match against Yeclano, we would be in 3rd place; that's home tight this table is.

Very close in the league hopefully you can take advantage of any slip ups form the teams above you in the league to help in your quest for a playoff spot.

Cheers, BWG. December is a rather quiet month, only 3 matches. Should be simple matches as well so hopefully we can move up a bit.

December 2014 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixy.png

7 December 2014 -Real Betis B., S.A.D. B - Home - 7-2 Win

Well, we blew the total goals record for the league out of the water in this one! Konate grabbed yet another hat trick.

14 December 2014 – C.D. San Roque de Lepe - Away - 2-0 Win

A goal in each half gave us the win in a match that we controlled from beginning to end.

21 December 2014 – U.E. Llagostera - Home - 3-0 Win

Llagostera is another club languishing in the relegation zone and playing us didn't help their efforts. They were never really in this match and it was a simple win for us.

The Standings

standqg.png

This is what I like! We are only a single point behind league leaders Lucena. However, we lead the league in goals for and goals conceded. Things are looking like they are coming together this season. I had make a goal at the beginning to have more wins than last season. I won 14 matches last season and have 11 already, only halfway through. My goal is to push for the playoff position. I'm not going to call where in the 1st through 4th places because the league standings are so close. I just want one of them.

We also had this news come our way. It doesn't affect us because we're nowhere near selling out, but it doesn't bode well.

stadium.png

2014 Global Review

5199060364_8b27bb5a36_m.jpg

Domestic Clubs

Barclays Premier League

2013-2014 - 1st Man City, 2nd Chelsea, 3rd Man Utd, Relegated Blackburn, Wigan, Nottingham Forest

2012-2013 - 1st Man Utd, 2nd Man City, 3rd Chelsea, Relegated West Ham, Reading, Southampton

Serie A TIM

2013-2014 - 1st Juventus, 2nd Napoli, 3rd Fiorentina, Relegated Siena, Torino, Bari

2012-2013 - 1st Juventus, 2nd Roma, 3rd Napoli, Relegated Genoa, Catania, Pescara

Liga BBVA

2013-2014 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd Sevilla, Relegated Levante, Murcia, Córdoba

2012-2013 - 1st Real Madrid, 2nd Barcelona, 3rd Valencia, Relegated Deportivo, Valladolid, Rayo

1. Bundesliga

2013-2014 - 1st Leverkusen, 2nd Hannover, 3rd Dortmund, Relegated Fürth, Werder Bremen

2012-2013 - 1st Dortmund, 2nd FC Bayern, 3rd Leverkusen, Relegated Düsseldorf, Augsburg

Ligue 1 Orange

2013-2014 - 1st Lyon, 2nd PSG, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Guingamp, Bastia, Ajaccio

2012-2013 - 1st PSG, 2nd Lyon, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Stade Reims, Troyes, Brest

American/Canadian Major League Soccer

2014 - Winners Chivas USA, Runners Up New York

2013 - Winners Los Angeles, Runners Up Colombus

2012 - Winners D.C. United, Runners Up San Jose

Domestic Cups

Capital One Cup

2013-2014 - Winners Fulham, Runner Up Blackburn

2012-2013 - Winners Chelsea, Runner Up Fulham

The FA Cup with Budweiser

2013-2014 - Winners Chelsea, Runner Up Newcastle

2012-2013 - Winners Arsenal, Runner Up Man Utd

TIM Cup

2013-2014 - Winners Udinese, Runner Up Parma

2012-2013 - Winners AC Milan, Runner Up Napoli

Copa del Ray

2013-2014 - Winners Real Madrid, Runner Up Real Sociedad

2012-2013 - Winners At. Madrid, Runner Up Celta

DFB-Pokal

2013-2014 - Winners Frankfurt, Runner Up Leverkusen

2012-2013 - Winners Schalke, Runner Up Hannover

Coupe de la Ligue

2013-2014 - Winners PSG, Runner Up Lyon

2012-2013 - Winners Aries-Avigon, Runner Up Évian TG

Nutrlite Canadian Championship

2014-2015 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up Montreal Impact

2013-2014 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up Vancouver Whitecaps

2012-2013 - Winners Montreal Impact, Runners Up Vancouver Whitecaps

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

2014 - Winners Los Angeles, Runners Up Chivas US

2013 - Winners Chivas USA, Runners Up FC Dallas

2012 - Winners New York, Runners Up Seattle

Continental Cups

UEFA Champions League

2013-2014 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up Real Madrid

2012-2013 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up Man City

UEFA Europa League

2013-2014 - Winners AC Milan, Runners Up Man Utd

2012-2013 - Winners Newcastle, Runners Up Inter Milan

CONCACAF Champions League

2013-2014 - Winners Cruz Azul, Runners Up New York

2012-2013 - Winners Tigres, Runners Up Real Salt Lake

Domestic International Cups

FIFA Club World Cup

2014 - Winners Botafogo, Runners Up - Barcelona

2013 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up - Fluminense

2012 - Winners Chelsea, Runners Up Corinthians

National Competitions

African Cup of Nations

2013 - Winners South Africa, Runners Up Cameroon

North American Gold Cup

2013 - Winners Mexico, Runners Up Costa Rica

really tight at the top. hopefully you can keep that form up.

Hopefully nothing too much will come of the stand closure...

Hoping the form stays too. As for the stadium, we still have capacity for over 10,000. We only sell just over 1,000 each match.

What a difference the start of this season has been compared to last, hopefully you can keep picking the points up and get out of that division because with all those playoffs it is one of the hardest to escape from.
It's going down right to the wire,hopefully you can just go straight up as the playoffs is a nightmare.
Considering how good your GD I'm confident you can maintain a top 4 finish and hopefully automatic promotion :)

Cheers, all. Unfortunately at this level, there is no such thing as automatic promotion. The top finishing team in each of the 4 leagues at this level are paired into a semi final. The two winners are promoted. The two top clubs that lose end up playing in a playoff with the clubs that finished 2nd-4th in each league. So, even if I win my league title, there's still the potential for quite a few matches to get to promotion. Daunting!

17 January 2015

DIARIO%2BHOY.jpg

Cerud Takes the Pitch for 100th Match

Extremadura manager Cerud will play his 100 match as a manager against Marbella. The club has been a surprise showing so far this year, finding themselves in contention for a playoff spot rather than the predicted relegation battle. Cerud has been able to turn the club around in little over a year; however, the top of the table has much to sort out.

100evv.png

January 2015 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixj.png

4 January 2015 -Algeciras C.F. - Home - 3-2 Win

We got a bit lucky with this match. We spent the majority of it chasing Algeciras; they would score, then we would. It remained a 2-2 tie, even after Konate missed a penalty kick. Thankfully, his replacement, Balamandji, was able to grab the win in the 84th minute.

11 January 2015 – Écija Balompié - Home - 2-0 Win

We're beginning to struggle a bit in matches. I may need to have a tactical shake up. Still, we managed to find a couple goals for the win.

18 January 2015 – U.D. Marbella - Home - 0-0 Draw

My 100th game in management was a bit of a bore. Marbella is a strong club that's been underperforming. We just couldn't crack them even though we outshot them 13-1.

25 January 2015 – C.P. Cacereño - Away - 1-2 Loss

Konate tied up the match for us, but we weren't unable to hold on. Cacereño is a strong club and a challenger for the title. These are the sorts of matches that we need to win, but tend to struggle in.

The Standings

stands.png

We are now 4 points from the top spot. It seems as though every month, we move a little closer. Hopefully, I can take the top spot, so I have the chance of fewer matches to play in a promotion battle. Still, the table is tight and positions from about 7th place and above will all think that they have a good chance of a spot. I'm hoping that this final third of the season is like ours from last season, when we started coming to life.

And...more money! I'm wondering just how rich my Board is.

cashp.png

So what does your board REALLY do... I can only get 100k in England from my board...

River boat pirates! :D

Looking promising so far this season, you really need a promotion financially! :D

I know! I'm thinking this season is promotion or bust!

Blimey, that's still an incredibly close league! You've got the superior goal difference, which will help more than it hinders, I think :D

This league is very close. I saw a report midgame when I scored...that one goal meant a gain of 6 spots on the table. The goal difference should be a saving grace if it comes to that.

February 2015 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixvp.png

1 February 2015 - Lucena C.F. - Away - 3-0 Win

Lucena was sitting right behind us in the table, so a win would give us a bit of a cushion against clubs hunting for a final playoff spot. We started brilliantly with de Paz floating a ball in a surprisingly getting a goal. Two more and we were home free. Unfortunately, de Paz also got injured and would be out for the rest of the month.

8 February 2015 – Real Balompédica Linense - Home - 4-0 Win

Vila continues to evolve as a strong attacking force. This was a fairly one sided match, but gave us even more security for the top positions.

15 February 2015 – Jerez C.F. - Away - 4-1 Win

This away match was against the worst club in the league. I gave a few back up players a start and they did well.

22 February 2015 – Real Jaén C.F. - Home - 2-2 Tie

Rightly pissed off! We were up 2-0 with about 20 minutes left to play, until the referee awarded Jaén a penalty kick, one that should have never been given. I lambasted the referee in my post-game press conference and even the FA agreed with me. Unfortunately, that hurt our defensive morale and they were able to tie the match.

28 February 2015 – F.C. Cartagena - Away - 0-1 Loss

Honestly, I was hoping for just a draw. Cartagena are far and away the best club in the league. They were expected to crush us. We did very well, but just couldn't hold out. They scored in the 91st minute.

The Standings

standx.png

Cartagena have opened up a bit of a league for the top spot now. I was really hoping that we could draw against them so that they wouldn't pull ahead, but it was not to be. Unfortunately, a referee has also hurt our chances for the second time this year, awarding penalty kicks that are nowhere near proper calls.

March 2015 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixe.png

5 March 2015 - U.D. Almería B - Home - 3-0 Win

A good performance and a straightforward game.

15 March 2015 – U.D. Melilla - Away - 0-1 Loss

Melilla struck early in the 15th minute and we were just unable to get back into this match. To top it off, Konate pulled up with a sprain and is now out for 8 weeks. There goes our top goalscorer...

22 March 2015 – Sevilla Atlético - Home - 3-0 Win

Sevilla Atlético have given us problems in the past, so I wanted to make sure we played well. It was a great effort. In particular, Jofre, my starting right winger, has been impressing as of late, netting a brace.

29 March 2015 – C.F. Villanovense - Home - 3-0 Win

Jofré grabbed himself another brace, making this now 5 goals in the month!

The Standings

standw.png

It's looking as though Cartagena are running away with the league title. I'm quite comfortable that we will be in the playoff run.

On another note, our river boat pirate Board are at it again!

casho.png

Looking good for the play offs cerud
Hopefully you can hold on for the playoffs.

Thanks, guys! :)

'Happy to Stay' sounds a bit threatening. Can lead to a takeover fairly quickly if you have bad luck...

KUTGW!

Uh oh...I like my river boat pirate Board... :eek:

April 2015 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

fixla.png

5 April 2015 - C.D. Díter Zafra - Away - 3-0 Win

Vila has stepped up in Konate's absence. He's now our goal leader on the squad.

12 April 2015 – UCAM Murcia C.F. - Home - 4-2 Win

While this seems a fairly even match, we converted our chances better than UCAM. I have also been relishing a top goalkeeper for this entire season in Radic. Definitely deserves a mention as an unsung hero of the club.

15 April 2015 – Yeclano Deportivo - Home - 0-2 Loss

Well, that was fun. This was just a horrible match on our part. We never bothered to show up and Yeclano took advantage. This club has been a problem for us this season. Yeclano also came out armed with shotguns, leaving me with only 7 players on the pitch after copious injuries.

19 April 2015 – Real Betis B., S.A.S. B - Away - 2-1 Win

Vila played well to nab the brace and give us a needed win to keep us in playoff contention.

26 April 2015 – C.D. San Roque de Lepe - Home - 0-0 Draw

We threw everything at their net, but just couldn't get anything past their goalkeeper. Shots were 15-3 in our favour. Unfortunately, you don't win anything based on shots.

The Standings

standry.png

We are a win away from claiming a playoff spot. The bottom of the table looks like it's all sorted out, but there is still potential movement at the top. With only two matches left in the regular season, we need to keep our cool and play on.

Archived