Start: Northern Sweden. Goal: Chelsea FC.

keffepoeten

So here I am, my first FM career update. And, in many ways, my first real attempt at a serious career in FM. I have played FM for many years, but always having short-term saves, a lot of the time cheating a little with editors and such. But, lately I've been longing to test myself at a long-term career save with the game untouched by editing.

I myself live in the southernmost part of Sweden, in Malmö (home of Malmö FF and Zlatan Ibrahimovic) and I would love to start off in my home country for many reasons. Firstly: it just feels right; secondly: the seasons are short, only 22 games per season in the second division (fourth tier) so the first seasons are fast-paced and a lot can happen in a short time. I thought a lot about starting of with a local club in the second division, but I thought it would be more exciting to go as far north as possible instead; to the stereotypical northern Sweden; cold, snowy and remote. So I made my choice to start off in a club I have never heard about, in a place I've never been. Morön BK, based in Skellefteå in northern Sweden. What made me choose them as a starting point? Actually the address to their website; www.moron.se. An address that made me laugh out loud; this is obviously the club for me!

I don't really have a plan for my career; I just know that I want to start here, and I wouldn't mind ending up in Chelsea. But I guess it's a long way there!

So, this is my club:

mornbk.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the home stadium Skogsvallen:

skogsvallengooglemaps.png

Although I'm guessing it looks like this for most of the year:

skogsvallenwinter.jpg

My rules:

Focus heavily on home-grown youngsters.

No more than three signings per seasons.

Always sell if offered twice a players market value or more.

Loaded leagues:

Sweden – second division

England – league 1

Germany – second division

France – Ligue 2

Holland – Jupiler league

And this is me:

managerinfostart.png

So: off we go!

Now I'm a 4-2-3-1 kind of guy; being a Chelsea fan, and I like to build my team around a strong and creative midfield. So imagine my chock when I'm looking over my squad wondering who's going to be my Mata, Hazard and Oscar when I see this:

startnoams.png

Oh what the hell???

Oh well, I guess I'll start with a 4-4-2 then...

This is the squad I am given:

startsquad.png

The midfield is a total disaster; something I have to deal with right away! Why oh why did i set a rule not to sign more than 3 players per season?

Here are some more details about the club:

startteaminfo.png

And the facilities:

startfacilities.png

It is about what you could expect; neither better nor worse.

Finally; the economy:

startfinances.png

I see that we're already projected to make a loss; so I guess I have to see what I can do about cutting some costs.

And now, let's see what these guys can do on the pitch!

My transfers for the start of season 1 are now done. Three midfielders are brought in to fill the gaping hole in my squad. They're not perfect, but they're desperately needed. I've also unloaded some high wage costs by releasing two players and selling one.

season1transfers.png

So this is the squad that'll have to do it. An exciting season start is upon us, and I have no idea how my squad matches up against the others in the league! All I know is that we were predicted to finish 6th, so that will be our goal.

Friendlies will be updated in a moment.

Five friendlies are now played, most of them handled by my ass man. Very mixed results; both losing to fellow second division club and rivals Skellefteå but also winning against first division side Luleå. Also a great start for my strikers in the first game! Ludvig Marklund looks promising; could be a very important goal machine I hope. On the downside, Sebastian Stenvall, after scoring two in the first two friendlies, is now out injured for a couple of weeks.

Also on the downside is the high amount of conceded goals; some defensive tweaking needs to be done before the season premiere.

season1friendlies.png

Let the real season begin!

mornbk.png

Five games in and we're off to a bad start:

season1league5matches.png

season15games.png

Our defence is leaking miserably; conceding 12 goals in only 5 games! The central defence is playing terribly, making lots of individual mistakes. Also, in three games we have conceded goals during the last five minutes, costing us points. The only upside? Ludwig Marklund making a decent start scoring 3 goals in 5 games; not bad for a 17-year old.

Back to the drawing board trying to create a more solid defence. But how?

You may want to load more of England, perhaps down to League Two.

It's easier to get to England and increase your rep if you have the (easier) lower levels loaded, IME.

Brilliant :D I think I faced them with my current Sirius side. Sweden is fun.

Yeah, Sweden is fun to play in, for me mostly thanks to the few matches per season. Everything gets more crucial. A bad start can cause a relegation battle quite fast, and a good start can go all the way!

good luck getting to Chelsea!

Right, thanks! Don't think Chelsea are too impressed yet though! ;)

You may want to load more of England, perhaps down to League Two.

It's easier to get to England and increase your rep if you have the (easier) lower levels loaded, IME.

Thanks, will do that!

Five more games in:

season110games.png

After a continued bad run with a lot of goals conceded we finally got a couple of wins and also managed to keep clean sheets. Sorely needed and hopefully things are turning around now. This season will be all about avoiding relegation, but the squad has some decent youngsters who might develop nicely and contribute more next season. We now play zonal marking and a more balanced defending, which seemed to have worked better at least these two latest games. Until them, the team actually played like Morons, so the club name fit perfectly! ;)

League after 10 games:

season1league10games.png

mornbk.png

So, five new games and again very mixed results:

season115games.png

The game against Anundsjö was terrible in every way and we were completely crushed. However, after that the team has actually performed quite well. Good performances in the last four games and great form from Sebastian Stenvall bagging five goals i four appearances saw some very important points come in to our side. The loss against Selånger was quite unfair too; well played from the lads but inefficient finishing, and the opponents scoring on their only shot on goal.

Some parts of our play is starting to look better, but there is still a lot more to get from this bunch; it is a talented young squad and several players have developed nicely so far and can hopefully keep on developing to perform nicely next season. As I have said before, this season will be all about not being relegated and then we can hopefully challenge for higher spots next year. The league is incredibly tight with only 4 points separating the third place from the relegation places, so every point is worth a lot:

season1league15games.png

mornbk.png

Finally some really good news! We are on a great run of form with four straight wins; and only two goals conceded in the last five games! Everything has been working out our way and thanks to the very tight league we have rocketed to third place with only two games left of the season. If we can continue our great form we have some good things to bring into the next season. The highlight of the last games is of course Sebastian Stenvalls fantastic game against Sollefteå where he bagged four goals! Also, beating rivals Skellefteå away felt nice!

season120games.png

season1league20games.png

We've also gotten some new youths, and decided to keep two very talented strikers; one of which I have very high hopes for:

season1mattiasnystrm.png

mornbk.png

The last two games of the season are now played:

season122games.png

Our fantastic form continued, and our strikers Sebastian Stenvall and Ludwig Marklund has finally both started scoring regularly. The final game against Härnösand showed what confidence and form can do; we were outplayed for most of the match, but a great perfomance from our goalkeeper and clinical finishing from our strikers made us come out 4-0 on top. This made us finish in a fantastic second place in this very close league; only 1 point from promotion!

season1leaguefinished.png

Season one summary

It has been a very exciting season to play, so frustrating at times bur also so rewarding. I have really grown to like this team, and a good thing about our terrible start of the season is that every goal, every point and every win from then on felt like winning a title. There are some great talent in the squad and I cant wait to see how far they can go. I will definitely stay in this club for a couple of seasons more to see if I can get them promoted to the first division.

Some problems though; a lot of players are complaining about their contracts and our finances aren't very good, so we do risk losing some good players.

Here are the squads stats for the season:

season1finishedsquadsta.png

The stars of the season:

Sebastian Stenvall - Our top goalscorer and the one who turned it all around this season.

Freddy Thompson - Free transfer signing, only 16 years old and a great talent.

Ludwig Marklund - Young talented striker, one for the future. Could have made some more points, but looked great towards the end of the season and can hopefully build on that for next season.

mornbk.png

Start of season 2

Time to kick off season two in Swedish Second division north with my dear Morön BK. No changes in the squad so far, and our bad economy doesn't allow any new signings or any new salaries. I believe in the team that finished the last season, so I'm giving them the chance to continue and I hope they have developed to this season as it is a very young squad.

Our friendlies looked very good:

season2friendlies.png

Now it is time for the season premiere; hopefully we'll get a better start than last season. If we do; our goal is to challenge for promotion! We are now predicted 3rd, so it does seem reasonable to challenge.

mornbk.png

Five games in and we didn't get the start we wanted. An ineffective offense, still making some terrible mistakes is the defence. Not as bad a start as last year, but still not very good. The loss against Östersund was not much to talk about, they were just relegated from the first division and have five straight wins so far this season. Unfortunately only one team gets promoted from our league and Östersund seems to have already made that spot theirs. But we wont give up; hoping things'll turn around!

We have also gotten som injuries on important players; Sebastian Stenvall has been away for the whole start of the season.

On the bright side, Ludwig Marklund has had a good start of the season with 3 goals in 5 games.

season25games.png

mornbk.png

Five decent games, except a terrible defensive performance against Piteå. I was not far from firing both goalkeeper and all four defenders after that match! We are now five points behind leaders Östersund, in a third place at the moment. There is still a chance.

season210games2.png

season210games.png

Archived