Q about the Primera Division (Argentina)

Hi,

Normally they play 19 games and then they have a champion. Before this season it was changed a bit. Now they play 19 games in "Inicial" (aug-dec) and 19 games in "Final" (feb-june). The winners of both play in a final after the "Final" season. In real life, Velez Sarsfield won the Inicial tournament and celebrated like Champions and were also crowned like champions in the books. I guess it will be the same with the champions at the end of june after the "Final". They go crazy and in the books they are also champions. So whats new? The two champions play a final and both teams have the chance to be champions again? Will it go into the books? In the game it runs like always allthough they do play that new final but it dosnt go into the books in the game. How is it in real life? How do they rank that final at the end of season? For me it seems like some kind of All Star Game that is more a show than a real fight about the championship. Can some South American people please tell me how this new format works?

Oh and why is it that Juan Roman Riquelme at the start of the game is unavailable until 30.6.2014? Strange

In real life, there are two mini-championships as you describe and this season a grand final was introduced. If the same team wins both mini-championships then there's no grand final.

Not quite sure about Riquelme. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about Argentine football will see this thread and clear it up.

riquelme feel out with the manager a while back, said he wouldnt play for him again so took time out of the game while still being contracted to boca, but now hes back as they changed manager so am sure for fm14 he will be back playing.

Archived