Upgrading PC for FM 2013

To improve the performance of pc until max. what should be upgraded. Please help

Specs of my current PC :

System Information

------------------

- Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.090206-1316)

- Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

- System Manufacturer: Acer

- System Model: Veriton M480

- BIOS: Default System BIOS

- Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs) LGA 775

- Memory DDR3: 3072MB RAM

- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Devices

---------------

- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

- Manufacturer: NVIDIA

- Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT

- Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

- Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

- Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

- Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Nothing, can't do anything to that unless you replace the processor, which isnt a job for the less experienced.

You would be better off spending the cash on a new motherboard, processor and RAM. A 64 bit system with SATA 3.

Its an expensive upgrade but it looks like the only way.

what is your suggestion. if I had to buy a new one, so on FM 2014 later a performance of pc earned at least three stars for playing from top to 3rd levels league on italy england spain german france netherland and of course my country Indonesia. at least What processor should I use ??

thank's before

I would save up and buy a newer system. That's a pretty weak CPU these days and upgrading ram,graphics card would be pointless as your CPU will be a bottleneck.

Probably best to start saving for a new system. Unless you're experienced with buying the parts and sticking it all together your self, you can save a lot of money doing it this way.

Always best to get the most powerful CPU that you can afford at the time. Its easier to add RAM, not so easy to change a CPU

As mentioned a news system running an I5 should be fine. Multi Quad CPU is supposedly used in someway to speed up FM processing. Whilst a 64bit operating system should be your aim I dont believe FM can make use of it currently

Always best to get the most powerful CPU that you can afford at the time. Its easier to add RAM, not so easy to change a CPU

As mentioned a news system running an I5 should be fine. Multi Quad CPU is supposedly used in someway to speed up FM processing. Whilst a 64bit operating system should be your aim I dont believe FM can make use of it currently

Agreed on the CPU/RAM comment. Still, 4GB RAM should be the bare minimum to look for these days, 8GB if you can.

ALWAYS go for a 64 bit OS. No point in going for a 32 bit one when they are the same price and there are no disadvantages (to my knowledge).

@all : thank you for an explanation it was very helpful. I would probably choose Intel Core i5 3330 3Ghz Cache 6MB LGA 1155, is this enough for FM 2014 too ?? and with that processor still have to add a VGA Card ??

Archived