FM 2014: Rangers' registration embargo

As most will know, Rangers have a registration embargo in place until 1st September, when a number of players that have agreed pre-contracts will officially join the club. In the interim, they can field these players as trialists for up to three matches in the league matches prior to this date.

In the current version of FM there is no way to implement this. I wonder if anyone from SI can tell me how they are planning to implement this scenario in the upcoming release.

SI have frequently maintained that only players on permanent of long term loan deals will be included in the squad list on the database, they might include any players as confirmed transfers in much the same way that Moira deal to PSG was hard-coded on FM13.

As for the embargo I imagine that as with FM13 the club will be prevented from making any approaches for over 17's until 01/09/13, that is unless they've come up with some new code to allow the manager to approach players with an automatic future transfer date of 01/09/13 for any deals that are signed.

SI have frequently maintained that only players on permanent of long term loan deals will be included in the squad list on the database, they might include any players as confirmed transfers in much the same way that Moira deal to PSG was hard-coded on FM13.

As for the embargo I imagine that as with FM13 the club will be prevented from making any approaches for over 17's until 01/09/13, that is unless they've come up with some new code to allow the manager to approach players with an automatic future transfer date of 01/09/13 for any deals that are signed.

Isn't there a 'next available' option on signing players. I think there's a drop down menu when making an offer for a player.

The point I was trying to make is that these players have already agreed to sign and, as such, the game will have them listed to join on 1st September.

In real life however, these players will be playing games as trialists in the meantime. Currently, the game has no capacity for allowing this. Once a player has agreed to sign for a club, there is no option to 'offer trial'.

I appreciate that it is a unique situation as pre-contracts are ordinarily fixed to begin following the expiry of a previous contract. That's why I asked how SI were planning to cover this situation.

In terms of how it will work on the game I'd imagine the players will probably begin the game registered to Rangers with the red "ine" icon until September 1st.

Or if Rangers happen to only have 3 games befoe September the 1st then perhaps the players wouldn't be ineligible at all. Perhaps their ineligibility will end at the point Rangers have 3 fixtures remaining until the 1st of September.

It's possible.

Archived