Mike Hunt - The Yes Man

Generation-Next

Welcome to my first, and probably last, true journey man save of FM13. I'll give you a little back story into my FM gaming: I start a game every other day pretty much. I just can't get into saves. I also get too attached to teams/players that I'm managing, so this career should sort that out for me.

This is the career

of

Mike Hunt

the man who just can't say no.

So, I started up the game with a database that has all the up to date transfers etc. I've loaded all leagues from these countries; England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Scotland, Brazil & Argentina

I've started off unemployed, with a reputation of automatic.

So I go on holiday and apply for all jobs. The first club that offered me a contract, you guessed it, I had to accept, because as we all know, Mike Hunt just can't say no.

The lucky team to offer me the first contract was.

NEWS_1261652268_almeria.png

Almeria B

And as It's very late, I will be continuing with this tomorrow, just wanted to get a quick intro done first. Obviously leave you wanting more ;) And remember kids, just say yes (unless it's to cocaine, then definitely say no).

Right, first update time! Sorry it's been so long lads, been up to stuff today.

Pre-season

What you may wish to know about Almeria "B"

04471543_l.png

I had a world class pre-season. Fair enough, they were teams that I should'v beaten, but as you will see in a few seconds, I signed a lot of players, who have seemed to gel with each other really nicely already.

Fixtures and Results

h285.png

Transfers

As you can see, I brought in a lot of players. We had a very short squad to start with, with no out and out strikers, no left winger, and only about 2 players for every other position

Antonio Lopez - A pretty standard Spanish center back. Isn't brilliant, but will be there for when called upon.

Dani Carril - Best left back that I could find. Needed one badly, and he's fantastic. 1 year contract though

Daniel Olcina - Will be rotated a lot with another Left winger I have.

David Meza Colli - A loanee, who's nothing special, but again need back up

Gastón Leonel Antoniazzi - Best Central Midfielder in the team, and he's the main focal point. The outcome of this season will depend on how fit he stays

Miguel Ángel Luque - Another top player, more of a holder though. Will play along side Gastón

Jonathan Mendesp - Will be played in rotation with Olcina

Now then, I went absolutely mental at my laptop for this. Obviously I know that Almeria main team manager can bring up players from our team to play for the main squad, but I didn't expect it to happen.

Mono - I signed this lad, and he played out of his skin in the friendlies, would probably of been league leading goalscorer. Then Almeria head coach robbed him from me!

So I replaced him with

Diego - A guy who came in and smashed a few goals in friendlies.

That's it so far for the update. Will give a end of month update :)

September Update

I think that it's been a fairly decent first month of fixtures. I'm fuming about the first game against Albacete though (especially since we smashed them 6-1 just a few weeks before). We had so many shots but the finishing was just absolutely terrible.

The Fixture Results

xO4RypJ.jpg

As you can see, it was a pretty horrid start to the month. Finishing brilliantly though by picking up 7 points on the bounce. I must admit I was very impressed with how I got the team playing. I did focus on defensive positioning for the last 3 games. So that seems to of done the trick.

Albacete Game

a1SPem0.jpg

The team played well.. Goalkeeper to Central midfielders. Never seen such a shambles from forwards in any game I've ever played, than in that match.

Écija Game

WkVtIwA.jpg

We got more than one shot on target, which was a relief. Dominated possession again. Goal keeper had a mare though. Ramon Azeez' goal (probably going to be goal of the season) I hoped would find us a way back into the match. It didn't.

San Roque Game

FiIDwQb.jpg

Improved again. I Was impressed with what I saw. Started off badly, I just thought it was going to be another one of those days, but a near 6 yard tap in from Diego from a dangerous cross gave us hope. 1st point of the season. Job done.

La Roda Game

1stVAI4.jpg

An even bigger improvement! 7 shots on target from 11 shots? Nearly feinted. Not much more to say about this match, just a great first 3 points.

Linense Game

It47ekr.jpg

What a performance. That's all I can say. Okay, we may of not dominated possession like we normally do, but as they say you can have as much possession as you want, but if you don't put the ball in the net, you're not going to win. (I think they say that), 2nd home game of the year anyway. Time to make Municipal Juan Rojas, a fortress.

League table

lBAhvTb.jpg

After the start we had, I thought we'd be much futher down the table! But all in all I'd say we've played well this month, and lets carry on this form into October!

Just wait until you sell half your players. I know can just get in as many new players as needed, but if they're on the young side chances are they'll immediately be out on loan, as our the youngsters that would fill in the gaps. This will be interesting a little further down the line.

October Update

Pretty much a carbon copy of September. Poor month. If I don't do well, I'm blaming it on the head coach of the first team. Due to him robbing Mono off of me.

Fixture Results

v4vasqE.jpg

Cadiz Game

7GS56HD.jpg

It seems that I wasn't going to make Municipal Juan Rojas, a fortress after all. It took a battering. Although Cadiz were firm favourites, I still gave them a good go. Just can't convert my chances again. It was my DM who scored that goal.

Sevilla Atlético Game

3DYJ1Z2.jpg

A game against two "B" teams are always going to be interesting. The game could've gone either way according to the bookies. Thankfully, it went my way after my Winger and defending center mid scored.. still no striker goals.

Betis "B" Game

Uhyb49k.jpg

Another match against a "B" Side. This time though, it was a bore draw, nothing of note to say about it apart from, 1 shot on target from 10 and still no striker goals.

Xerez Game

xCXpJ7u.jpg

Xerez were a team I expected to get battered by. So I wasn't overly bothered about losing this match. It's just a disappointment that I had more of possession again, but just can't finish. No striker goals.

Loja Game

AGpF3Ne.jpg

Now this was a game I expected to win. We were at home, and were expected to dominate. As we did, but same old same old. We just can't put the bloody ball in the net! No striker goals.

League Table

D6kUw5N.jpg

Need to improve drastically, my predicted league finish is 13th. My job status is currently very secure. Morale has dropped though over the last month. Found ourselves in a little rutt. Time to push on through November.

November Update

Boom! What a month, improved greatly. After the Lucena game, I decided to go and have a chat with the team. Passionately telling them that we've not been doing good enough and they need to improve, and they certainly did!

Fixture Results

c37xewk.jpg

Lucena Game

bYXR5uP.jpg

Pretty disappointed with this game. We should've done better, especially since they were in 18th when we played them. In fairness though, the morale was at rock bottom. It was after this result that I had a chat with the lad. It worked wonders.

Melilla Game

raC5NPU.jpg

This match was a decent one to keep the lads morale up. They were fairly high in the league when we played them. We played out of our skin to get the draw, 1st point of the month.

Villanovense Game

71L20Iv.jpg

We played bottom of the league, who'd conceded 40 goals, before we played them. Our strikers even scored :O - The lads were buzzing after this match.

San Fernando C.D. Game

SMrL8d6.jpg

Definitely should of got a better result than I did in this match, they were in the same sort of situation as Villanovense, when I played them. A very boring - bore draw.

Cartagena Game

EbkrndR.jpg

Result of the season. 3rd in the league when we played them. Tap in to score, but they all count. So serious squeaky bum times late on, with a goal being disallowed for offside, and some goal line scrambles. We managed to scrape the win though.

League Table

A78lrw0.jpg

All I've got to say is, please let the form continue into December. Let's try and win the opening game of the month! Or at least get a point for the first time.

See you in the New Year

Archived