Question about Asian continental competition.

Just asking this for a bit of clarification really.

I'm playing as Happy Valley in the Hong Kong first division. I'm into my fourth season now, having dominated my league and cup competitions domestically, and won the confed cup twice.

Obviously the Hong Kong league system isn't that prestigious and does have a few poor sides in it. My overall long term goal is to make the league the best in the world.

However, I can only enter the confed cup at this time. My question is, if I get the league up to a suitable standard, is the Asian system as dynamic as the European system in changing continental spots. Even though I'm also trying to get into the world cup with the national team, I would consider whether to continue if I have no chance of playing in Asia's top continental competition.

Thankyou for any help in advance!

It's due to the AFC not having a set format to promote leagues as UEFA does. Rather, it has guidelines that leagues need to meet before they are accepted into the ACL.

I don't think FM could replicate this, it's just too hard when there is nothing specific to follow.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/component/jdownloads/finish/64/54.html

Yeah, I started my Pentagon Challenge in Indonesia and was pretty bummed when I found out

You can get sides in the Asian Champions League. It's just extremely tough and you have to go through the qualifiers. Having got a save where I've managed in Indonesia for near on 30 seasons. I get frustrated when we have a good squad but can't beat the better Asian sides.

In regards to the OP's question, have a look in the CSE for rancer's thread. He usually gives a breakdown of what nations get what.

Archived