Tips on making money from loaning and selling

Build a time machine and go 10 years forward when the transfer system will finally be decent.

Other than that, don't expect to get more than 120-130% of their value, because it's unlikely to happen more than once every 30 seasons. (especially for regens, it's easy to get 40M from real players that are on manager shortlists from the get go)

I was just wondering if you managers have any tips when it comes to making money from loaning and selling players.

Ha! Good luck with that!

I signed an international winger for free while in the Championship. He was instrumental in getting us promoted to the EPL and played virtually every game the first season we went up. I want to sell him now though as I'have someone better lined up to sign. My winger is rated at £2.5m but his wages are virtually nothing.

I originally assumed that I'd be able to flog him for £5m ish, just like the AI does with it's transfer listed players.

Nope.

Ok, I'll offer him for 2.5m - cost price.

Nope.

How about a bargain £1m?

Nope.

OK, just for a laugh anyone fancy an international winger with no WP issues who has rated at 7+ for the past 2 seasons for £10k?

Nope.

It's an utter joke. I wish I could say this was a freak incident but we all know it happens time and time and time again. Transfers in FM13 remain broken.

Ha! Good luck with that!

I signed an international winger for free while in the Championship. He was instrumental in getting us promoted to the EPL and played virtually every game the first season we went up. I want to sell him now though as I'have someone better lined up to sign. My winger is rated at £2.5m but his wages are virtually nothing.

I originally assumed that I'd be able to flog him for £5m ish, just like the AI does with it's transfer listed players.

Nope.

Ok, I'll offer him for 2.5m - cost price.

Nope.

How about a bargain £1m?

Nope.

OK, just for a laugh anyone fancy an international winger with no WP issues who has rated at 7+ for the past 2 seasons for £10k?

Nope.

It's an utter joke. I wish I could say this was a freak incident but we all know it happens time and time and time again. Transfers in FM13 remain broken.

This is one of my biggest issues with the existing transfer system, IMO.

Players in ridiculously good form often simply cannot be sold. Anybody who's ever managed Liverpool knows the feeling. You try to sell Andy Caroll who returns form loan having played almost every game and had an average rating of 7.6 (Caroll is poor IRL, but pretty great in FM13). Offer him out for ~10m and there will usually be zero takers. Simply put form does not play enough into the value you can get for a player (I believe it does count for something, but just about every club should be beating my door down if I've got a player averaging 7.6 transfer listed).

EDIT: I feel like I should probably point out that other than this, I find the transfer system is mostly pretty good these days. It's certainly a hell of a lot better than it was when I first started playing FM (06/07).

I guess it would be cheating, or at the very least exploiting a bug, but if you are managing in Italy (possibly also elsewhere where co-owning players is possible) add £0 call back fee (or whatever its name is) when a club wants 50% of your player. They always seem to accept it. After the deal has gone through just buy the 50% back for free.

Any difficulties selling players is probably down to reputation issues.

Players don't want to move to a club with lower reputation, so they don't turn up as realistic transfers.

If your club has a relatively high reputation (from playing in the Prem for instance), and values for your players are high, players not good enough for you will be expensive for those clubs where he would be a good player (in the Championship).

So he's stuck. No player in FM has any real knowledge of how good they really are. They are not privy to the coach reports stating where they would be good players. He would like to move to another Premier League club but no such club would consider him since he's not good enough. Championship clubs have no interest because he don't want to move there.

Any difficulties selling players is probably down to reputation issues.

Players don't want to move to a club with lower reputation, so they don't turn up as realistic transfers.

If your club has a relatively high reputation (from playing in the Prem for instance), and values for your players are high, players not good enough for you will be expensive for those clubs where he would be a good player (in the Championship).

So he's stuck. No player in FM has any real knowledge of how good they really are. They are not privy to the coach reports stating where they would be good players. He would like to move to another Premier League club but no such club would consider him since he's not good enough. Championship clubs have no interest because he don't want to move there.

Doesn't explain why no club would put a bid in though does it? Often you can't even tempt sides into putting in an offer when you are giving the player away on a free. Does it not seem odd that no one sees fit to even offer the player a contract? If the player then refuses the move then fair enough, but the current system is just plain broken.

Doesn't explain why no club would put a bid in though does it? Often you can't even tempt sides into putting in an offer when you are giving the player away on a free. Does it not seem odd that no one sees fit to even offer the player a contract? If the player then refuses the move then fair enough, but the current system is just plain broken.

Never said it wasn't, just explaining how the game works. No club would bid for him even for free because he does not want to move to those who would have any use for him, and no club he would like to sign for have any use for him. Once your team becomes world class and one of the biggest clubs in the world, the players you want to get rid of will be excellent signings for just about anyone, and he would be interested in a move because they are big clubs.

The system is broken because it is based on Reputation, and the Reputation system is too simplistic to support all the things SI uses it for.

How do clubs know he wouldn't join them if they don't make an offer and actually speak to the player!!!! Is every player tapped-up in advance?

Additionally no one is talking about world class rep clubs or players. My example above was for a team that has spent 1.5 years in the Prem.

The system is indeed broken. IRL if Norwich, Southampton or Swansea offered to unload one of their more regular starters (who wanted to leave) for nothing, then it would be unimaginable that not a single lower Prem or Chamionship team would even bother to make an offer.

Archived