Last week til FM14 beta

I thought I'd give the challenges a shot for one last FM13 attempt, but only got two games into the first one before getting bored. Always happens when the next version is announced, so using the time to play other things or just generally do something that doesn't involve staring at a glorified spreadsheet. All change next week though.

I found an old Godfather 2 game disk so going to spend the week trying to run 100% of the cartels :D

No decent pc games (imo) for ages then we get 4 in a couple of weeks:

FM14

Batman Origins

BF4

COD

The old credit card is in for a bashing!!

What are you doing in-game in the last week before the FM14 beta?

I'm trying to win the Champions League for the 2nd time with Castellon

In FM12 I'm still trying with great difficulty to win the ECL with Afan Lido. I'm in the euro cup group stages this season, and have held Valencia (H) 1-1 and Sparta Prague (A) 2-0(win!) despite not even intending to get a point from either game cos we're literally rubbish..!

On the other hand I've been dabbling in FM 13, if only to remind myself of some of the features I expect to see cleaned up in 14 :D I couldn't have an enjoyable game with 13, I tried the other day but it got ridiculous.

I have something you kids can do until the beta releases.

Go over to CVG and vote on the Golden Joystick awards, once you have voted you will be able to chose between Civilization V or Mafia II and be given a code to activate the game on Steam FOR FREE!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

That should give you something to do for a week.

The site is getting hit pretty bad and it could be a bit slow so you will have to be a bit patient, I also heard they have stopped new accounts for the time being but are working on it, just keep checking back, I am sure they will have it sorted very soon.

i'm having a go at the you can't win anything with kids challenge with standard liege

just entered playoffs with one point ahead of club brugge (blew away a 9 point lead in the last games :( ) so a bit of excitement still awaits

I've loaded up my journeyman career which I hadn't touched in months, added a new manager and retired him in order to go back to my favourite club of that career and of all fm13, Empoli. Despite having been away for 5 years pretty much all the players were signed by me so there's no adjustment period. I'm attempting to bring as many of my heroes of this career with me as I can and just have some fun

Been playing my fictional league in OOTP. Might have a shot at the playoffs this year if my star pitcher can just keep himself off the DL this year. It's in the 1874 right now (started it as early as the game let me), so pitchers still pitched the full 9 and every game, so losing him would murder my chances.

It's this lull I hate - I was playing a career game on FM2013 but now it's only a week away, I've kind of lost interest in that game. The start of a new season makes me want the new FM so I'm just playing the waiting game now. GTA V is filling some of the void nicely however.

Archived