Questions for Real Lower League Managers

Hi Guys,

I have some interviews lined up for my blog. I will be interviewing managers from clubs in League 2 and below. Most of my questions will be focused on issues that are related to FM and the real world.

I wonder if people on the forums had any questions that they would like answered.

Thanks

When i do my lower league save i tend to buy 25+ players but my cousin always signs the -22 players. I was wondering what they prefer, experience or youthful excitement.

Also for my very very very low league manager like my sheffield FC save i dont bother looking at stats 2 start, i go straight for physical attributes. is that what they look for or are they more focused on mental and technical

When i do my lower league save i tend to buy 25+ players but my cousin always signs the -22 players. I was wondering what they prefer, experience or youthful excitement.

Also for my very very very low league manager like my sheffield FC save i dont bother looking at stats 2 start, i go straight for physical attributes. is that what they look for or are they more focused on mental and technical

I do ask about scouting in one of my question. but I think you have a valid question here...youth (physical) or experience (mental)? Thanks.

How hard is it to juggle with club finances and achieving success?

Definitely this, and you could ask them their opinion on the best playing styles for the lower leagues, for example the benefits of using route one football as opposed to a simple passing game

How much input do they have on transfers and what does that look like? Do they identify positions, a list of players or what?

How many hours do they put in during the average week?

Do they plan every training session? Do they attend/run every training session?

Whats the addy for your blog mate?

Martin Foyle from Hereford United will be the first interview published in the next week or two. Thanks for the questions in the thread. I have used the ideas from some. Keep them coming for future interviews, or if there is any manager that you would like approached for an interview.

The blog is named godsoflowerleagues.

Archived