ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

I think playing this challenge in England is very bad for your mental health... Started 6th season and team is absolutely dreadful... I think I will make a small break from this save to prevent me from going completely nuts and continue playing my Portugese save.. I played season and a half there, just never posted an update for that save...
it took me 38 seasons to complete England

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure going to Portugal is the cure for England being a long slog. Portugal took me until 2049. 1733 games played.

Glad some people are enjoying FM14, but the 14.2 patch killed my enthusiasm for my save, I've managed 3 seasons since it came out, looks unlikely I'm going to finish this year. :(

SV Waldhof Mannheim 2016/17 Season (3)

A great season of improvement for us as we finished in the top half of the 2. Bundesliga in 8th place. We had another excellent run in the DFB-Pokal reaching the final yet again, succumbing to a 4-0 defeat at the hands of the mighty Bayern. We showed our competitiveness in the Europa League by finishing 3rd in our group despite mainly blooding youngsters in the competition. The introduction of Leon Radau YP01A and Manuel Rebholz YP01C to our central defence has bolstered us greatly compared to the slow oldies we had before and their development over the season has been impressive. Ralf Gruttner YP00A has continued his run as a first team regular although his performances are still fairly average but the best developer of the season has been the diminutive Matthias Amon YP01E who has been looking good in the defensive midfield role. Upfront, Yasin Sarmisak YP00B has shown his speed as his main asset bagging 5 goals in 14 games, while Arno Salfeld YP01D has progressed very well and got a goal in the Europa League, the only competition he was eligible to play for us. But yet again our prowess in front of goal has been led by the partnership of Szimayer and Dautaj who finished as the League 1st and 2nd top scorers with 20 & 19 goals respectively. Not bad for a pair that on paper are no more than ''Decent Third Division Players". I'm pleased with the intake once more, plenty of players to work with. It seems we always get midgets or giants! Hoping to build on our points tally next season and bring through more eligible academy players into the first team.

Not sure going to Portugal is the cure for England being a long slog. Portugal took me until 2049. 1733 games played.

Glad some people are enjoying FM14, but the 14.2 patch killed my enthusiasm for my save, I've managed 3 seasons since it came out, looks unlikely I'm going to finish this year. :(

To be honest, I just have to take some rest from playing in England and English style football, so Portugal is a perfect fit. Technical players and short passing game is a joy to watch after muddy, rainy long-ball fests in Skrill Premier. I was already playing (Real :) career) a few games at the time, now I will just switch to that save as my main. Will write a 2 season introduction tomorrow.

p.s. What happened to your save? You were relegated from top division and then promoted. What happened next? Have you missed some updates?

Real Sporte Club - Season 1 Review (2014/2015) - National Championship Group G (3rd tier)

C1.png

League Table (First phase) | League Table (Relegation phase) | Transfers

Introdution

To take some break from my main save in England with FC United, I decided that complete change of scenery will be good for my sanity. Decided that my fourth try will be in Portugal with Real Sporte Club. Manger profile & Facilities

Competitions

National championship G (First phase) - 4th

National championship G (Relegation phase) - 2nd

Taca de Portugal - lost first game

Season Review

Real was amateur club before promoting to National championship where they became Semi-professional. Team was decent, but no depth at all. Had only 2 CDs and one of them was 40 year old... I decided on more technical football approach than in England and decided on 4-2-3-1 with wingers and short passing game. Portugal has a system in which teams play each other twice and top 2 teams qualify for promotion phase (2 teams from each 8 groups form 2 promotion groups), 8 other teams for relegation phase. All points are erased and bottom 2 are relegated, 6th team play in relegation Playoffs.

Team played good in some games and very bad in some. 4th place at the end of first phase meant that we are going to relegation phase. We picked it up in this phase and especially when we got a new intake, things looked bright. 2nd at the end, but we deserved to finish 1st... This season was very good experience and we are going into next one with bigger expectations.

Youth Intake

Fantastic intake. I already love Portugal. So many technical players...

Paulo Anos (YP 01A) - Very good striker with excellent potential. Immediate starter.

Nuno Figueriedo (YP 01B) - Another great striker. Will play as right winger since I play only with 1 up front.

Norberto Duarte (YP 01C) - Good keeper. Will start next season since I play to let go to our main goaltender.

Rui Ribeiro (YP 01D) - Very nice LB. I even though of retraining him to DC because of his height, but having tall LB is also very nice.

David Simoes (YP 01E) - Good MC. Will start as DLP and see how he develops.

Paulo Silva (YP 01F) - Decent defender. Not great attributes, but everything is better than a 40 year old veteran.

Miscellaneous

Finances are terrible at this level. We are way under budget and still leaking 25k every month. Player value is also atrocious (500 euros) so we have to have some type of cup run...

Goals for next season

Continue our momentum from relegation phase into a new season.

Have a cup run.

Career

Season 1 (National Championship Group G - 4th (2nd in Relegation Phase)

League

We started the league season with the same tactical approach that won us promotion last year and I am really pleased with how it went. We started the campaign of with a home game to Vitesse, who have won the Eredivisie twice in the previous 5 seasons. A 3-2 loss was not ideal, but the way we matched them was really encouraging. The next three games saw us face teams all promoted either with us or the year before and we won all three, scoring 7 and conceding only 2. This got me all optimistic and to be honest the team didn't disappoint me. We managed a 1-0 win against Feyenoord, which I never thought we could achieve in this first season. A winning dry spell covering 8 league games and one cup game took us up to the winter break, cue some nervous looking behind us to the relegation spots. Three wins in succession, allowed everyone to relax. We ended the season with a brace of wins to lift us up to 7th position! which was way beyond my hopes of survival.

Happy with the season I then got the message I had drawn PSV in the first round of the European qualification playoff! I didn't know this was a thing, so I got the team ready again, but PSV were too good Result.

Youth Intake

A disappointing intake to be honest, however with 4 seasons of decent intakes behind us the team will be fine for a little while yet. I am growing more and more concerned with my lack of a good goalkeeping prospect, my long serving van Eijk is close to being 32 years old and has no solid replacement.

Geert van den Heerik (YP09a) A solid enough right back and will probably become the best natural right talent we have, it is a real shame that he lacks and attacking threat and will need a lot of work if he is to fit into the starting 11.

5 players for the future.

Martin van Dalen. This guy is developing really well and as a giant centre back who can play at full back he is reasonably quick. Became a first team player this season, making 27(7) appearances. Part of the Dutch U19 set up all season and has made one appearance for U21's.

Koos de Jong (YP07a). A brilliant year for de Jong, a switch of his tactical role has allowed him to flourish and use his pace to good effect. He finished the season with 18 league goals (Joint second in league). Appeared for U19's 6 times this year, but largely as a sub.

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a). Only missed one game all season and is now one of the most important players in the squad. Scored 3 brilliant free kicks and managed 11 assists this year. With the progress he has made so far very impressive I expect next season will be a massive year for him. Has 9 U19 caps now

Teun Wijngaarde (YP06b) Another key player who was exceptionally consistent all year, really versatile and composed. Has made over 20 appearances in the different international youth teams, represented them at U20 world cup.

Tony van Thiel (YP07b) The only player out of the 5 who isn't guaranteed a starting position, made 18 (12) appearances, contributing 6 goals and 5 assists. He plays in a false nine role and probably isn't quite ready yet but I am hoping with all the first team football it is only a matter of time before he starts firing.

I am just going to slip this in here, in my youth intake last year we signed Ben van Meel (YP08c) who when I decided on the above five players was not considered a future star, this has changed now and with Ajax showing major interest in him all year, I think he could be quite special. Watch this space.

Summary

Finishing in 7th, was enough for us to receive a decent chunk of prize money, which is massive for us and allowed training and youth facility upgrades and a stadium expansion, which is only by 1000 seats unfortunately.

I think this season was a huge success, potentially next season may disappoint somewhat, but expectations can only realistically be a mid table finish again. I am hoping that we may be able to move to a new stadium or make a significant upgrade as our 7000 (soon to be 8000) was sold out all year and we now lose small amounts of money each month.

Goals for next season.

* Try and expand youth recruitment network again

* Survive with as much style as this year.

p.s. What happened to your save? You were relegated from top division and then promoted. What happened next? Have you missed some updates?

You haven't missed anything, I lost interest after the 14.2 patch, just not feeling it with the ME changes.

Well done with Real, bring them to glory in FM14 as well. :)

I don't know why but for some reason I feel like going again in England instead. I think that could be a great challenge!

Been having a good read through the thread during my holiday season - it seems getting to Skrill Premier is not the problem, it's staying there / getting out of there! It's a problem I know only too well being a Cambridge United fan (12th, 17th, 2nd & PO Final, 2nd & PO Final, 10th, 17th, 9th, 14th and we're currently sitting 2nd 3 points behind Luton after spending the first half of the season at the top!)

At the moment I'm ploughing through options. I may be Cambridge City, Canvey Island or Dulwich Hamlet....Or someone completely different :)

terence123470 Selling your YP01 was jsut coz taht you sing him in semiprofessional contract if you would keep him on Junior he could play him until 2019

OMg Brau Poland not even in 20 :D

Thanks for your suggestion Sn00gle, I will try it on my new career of YAC, I decided to take a rest on my current Sweden YAC save, my new team will be annunce ASAP.:)

I had started a save as Bury Town as a) they are local to me b) I coach in Bury at the moment and have previously been involved in their youth setup c) they have a couple of former Cambridge Utd players and d) their facilities aren't bad.

But...I have a predicament...I signed in two coaches before I got in a physio and now the board won't allow any more staff (lack of funding) and won't let me mutually terminate either coach's contract. Without a physio, I may be screwed :p

I had started a save as Bury Town as a) they are local to me b) I coach in Bury at the moment and have previously been involved in their youth setup c) they have a couple of former Cambridge Utd players and d) their facilities aren't bad.

But...I have a predicament...I signed in two coaches before I got in a physio and now the board won't allow any more staff (lack of funding) and won't let me mutually terminate either coach's contract. Without a physio, I may be screwed :p

Tip: Offer "Head physio" job instead of regular "Physio". They will allow you to sign him then.

Good luck in England.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 23 Review (2036)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Premier Division : 1st - Results

Swedish Cup : Winners

Champions League : Quarter Finals

Champions League : Won group, into knockout stages next season (vs Man City)

Season Review

First comment has to be 'What A Season!'

Second comment has to be 'arrrgggh, Skovde away of all games!!!'

So, league first. We stormed the league, winning our ninth title in a row. We lost just one game all season, and that was my fault. I starting to heavily rotate the squad, and played too many younger kids in an away fixture, even though they were 12th. Lost 2-1 to a sucker punch 83rd minute goal. So close to a first ever invincibles season, but ignoring that it was a fantastic season.

Continuation of Champions League. First Round Knockout was against Barcelona. Away first, and we were looking good at 2-0 in the first half. Then they went nuts, scoring 3 to go into the lead. We grabbed an equalizer and a good 3-3 draw secured. And then came one of the performances of the season. The home leg was won 7-1! Against Barcelona! Quarter Finals saw us stay on a Spanish theme with Real Madrid. Home first and a very tight game was won by a solitary goal, to them. In the away leg we just never got going, falling 3-1 on the night, 4-1 on agg.

Swedish Cup was won again, and in dominant fashion. The 3 group games, quarter final, semi final and final were all won, 28-3 combined.

Champions League group stages. A decent draw, AC Milan (holders), Fenerbahce & Basel. 4 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses and a group win! First Round Knockout opponent at the start of next year is Man City

Youth Intake

A very interesting intake this year, with a bona fide DC prospect;

Dan Larsson (YP 23A) - A high potential DC, who I will be pushing hard to progress as fast as possible. Had 7 games in the first team at the end of the season due to the league being wrapped up, scoring on his first two appearances. Lacks height and is tagged as injury prone in the coaches reports, but beggars cannot be chosers

Jacob Nordh (YP 23B) - Very excited by this attacking midfielder. Lovely starting stats and he just looks to be a player waiting to be moulded. Still unsure if his future lies at MC or AMC, but either way Jacob looks to have a bright future with us.

Marko Casey (YP 23C) - A good looking keeper, who will have the chance to push for first team starts in years to come as Emil Eklund (YP 06A) is coming to the end of his career.

"Frolunda Five"

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Hard to write something new about Oscar every year. Sheer class. 28 goals, 39 assists.

Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - Suffered a cruciate injury in nation team training and missed the second half of the season. Will be back just around the start of the season, hoping he returns to form. 15 goals in 14 games before the injury.

Jonas Perman (YP 20) - I love a good untagged, out-of-nowhere story. Jonas was sensational filling in at DR. I am now going to move Milan Cosic (YP 14B) into DC to strengthen that weakness and Perman gets the starts at DR.

Niklas Wendt (YP 12B) - This is due to the culmination of 18 months of retraining! Niklas is now almost a bona fide central defender. His mix of size (6' 5") and speed is unmatched and my current DCs are now 29 and 32, so I needed a succession plan. Going forward I now have Wendt, Cosic and the new YP 23A. 22 of his 35 appearances were at DC this year.

Per Skoog (YP 17B) - Another good season from the wonderfully surnamed midfielder.

Miscellaneous

After last years deep run in the Champions League most would think a Quarter Final exit would be a let down, but we did well. After the last 2 years we now feel like we belong in the latter stages of the competition and sooner or later we are capable of making a run.

Some of our big names are starting to creep towards 30 though, so whether the charge comes before a changing of the guard remains to be seen.

Just as the season was winding down we received fantastic news that our Youth Recruitment was to be upgraded, now 'Well Established', and we also secured a fifth feeder club who might provide youths into our system, this time Torpedo Moscow.

Season 23 (2036) Goals

* League title

* Start challenging for Champions League

Trophy Cabinet

Champions League                 - 
Europa League                    - 
Swedish Premier League           - 2036, 2035, 2034, 2033, 2032, 2031, 2030, 2029, 2028, 2026
Swedish First Division Elite     - 2019
Swedish First Division South     - 2017
Swedish Regional Second Division - 2014
Swedish Cup                      - 2036, 2034, 2033, 2031, 2030, 2026
Swedish Super Cup                - 2036, 2035, 2034, 2033, 2031, 2030, 2029, 2027

th?id=H.4786119540671174&pid=15.1

BK Olympic

SeaSon 14

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Winner

Champions League / 1st KO Round Ongoing

League Table

Another Successful League defense "Yawn"

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players

2 Top left back had a good season

1 Great season #1 For Sweden now

3 good season by him

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 Poor Season by his Standards

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Good Year starting to get more Assist's now

YP3A

YP3B

YP4 Stupid Chairman

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B - Stupid Chairman

YP5

YP5A

YP5B

YP6/ Remarkable season by him wonder if he will get 100 Caps

YP6A/ Not a bad season by him out on loan

YP6B

YP7/ Smashing them in this season great year

YP7A -

YP8/ Not many appearances this season will be out on loan next season

YP8A/ Not great but a good year for him

YP8B/ another one who will be sent out on loan

YP9/Great season by the young man and already a Swedish international

YP10/ Loan next season

YP10A/ had a decent season played due to injury's and i thought id try him out due too YP3A leaving

YP11/ Not a great season by him was expecting better

YP11A/ Him and YP10A were having a little battle for the available starting 11 spot

YP12/ Looking very good prospect

YP13/ Wahoo improving the Gibraltar national team

YP14/ Report great looking left back

YP14A/ Report forgot his profile but looks like he could be a good winger

Champions League 1st KO Round

1 PSG Again!!!!!!!

Champions League Group

Next Season Odds

Swedish Cup Final

Next Season Odds

Braumiller Good season. What will you do with Dan Larsson (YP 23A)? Will you play him as CD with such bad jumping? I was never brave enough to put short player at CD position...

toonbalmy87 Does Platini hates you? Is CL draw fixed every year? :D How many times have you been knocked out by PSG? (p.s. I remember your French save this year when PSG dominated Ligue 1 every year :) You can'r run away from them :D )

Braumiller Good season. What will you do with Dan Larsson (YP 23A)? Will you play him as CD with such bad jumping? I was never brave enough to put short player at CD position...

toonbalmy87 Does Platini hates you? Is CL draw fixed every year? :D How many times have you been knocked out by PSG? (p.s. I remember your French save this year when PSG dominated Ligue 1 every year :) You can'r run away from them :D )

I know tell me about it i will go back to the french save when iv done this one 2 sasons but also in the group stages yeah they are annoying spoiler aler also got them in my group this season........ Dan Larsson (YP 23A retrain as DM

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town F.C. First Season Preview

Having never played in a higher league than the Regional Premier Divisions, no matter where we finish this season will be a highest ever for Bury Town F.C who are the 4th oldest Non-League side in the country. The club is located in the biggest town in West Suffolk, Bury St. Edmunds, 70 miles north of London and 30 miles east of Cambridge. The biggest assets to the club at the moment are the Average Youth Recruitment and Adequate Training Facilities it possesses that are a great standard for this level. On an interesting note, fierce rivals Lowestoft also got promoted so I'm hoping for a great crowd in that home match. Meanwhile, Histon are another local team we will be looking to get one over.

I am happy with the starting squad I've inherited. We have good depth across all positions bar striker so it is likely I will be adapting my Target Man / Advanced forward partnership to an AMC combination - hopefully with similar success to my Deep 4-4-2. Joe Whight, a product of Ipswich Town's academy, is the best player at the club while Jordan Patrick and Dave Bridges are players I recognise having started their careers at the team I support, Cambridge United. In terms of starting youth products, we have 3 players that will get substantial playing time this season already in Pascal Uche YP00A, Duncan Westcott YP00B and Connor Birch YP00C.

2014/15 Season Goals

1. Finish in the Top Half of Skrill North
  2. Upgrade Junior Coaching
  3. Increase Club Finances
  4. Bonus: Cup run in FA Cup or FA Trophy

Tip: Offer "Head physio" job instead of regular "Physio". They will allow you to sign him then.

Good luck in England.

Cheers brugi that did the trick :)

Also, does anyone know why I cannot embed an image? I would like to put up the Club Crest as many people have done but it always says "incorrect URL" or "undefined" if I try uploading from my computer.

Cheers brugi that did the trick :)

Also, does anyone know why I cannot embed an image? I would like to put up the Club Crest as many people have done but it always says "incorrect URL" or "undefined" if I try uploading from my computer.

Another tip: You have to embed image "from URL", uploading "from computer" does not work. Additionally make sure that "Retrieve remote file and reference it locally" check-box is unchecked. :)

You have some nice prospects there. Bury town has great facilities. The only potential issue could be finances, but if you have some kind of cup run, you shouldn't have problems with that too.

Another tip: You have to embed image "from URL", uploading "from computer" does not work. Additionally make sure that "Retrieve remote file and reference it locally" check-box is unchecked. :)

You have some nice prospects there. Bury town has great facilities. The only potential issue could be finances, but if you have some kind of cup run, you shouldn't have problems with that too.

Also ask for a parent club for extra income could bring up to 60k a year

Cheers, that tip also worked :p. I don't think we have much of a 'catchment area' yet due to our reputation but some decent prospects from Bury itself. Yes, I was losing around £40-50k a month but *spoiler alert* I've had a bit of a cup run that has more than covered any loses we had. I'm in March now so my first season update is not too far away.

Also ask for a parent club for extra income could bring up to 60k a year

Cheers, the club had just acquired Fleetwood as a feeder club before I joined, but only £10k. Tried to get a more lucrative partnership but none were around, will try again soon.

ri916 I have a question for you mate. You added Sweden and Greece to this years challenge, but I see that Northern Ireland is not eligible. Reading through their league rules, it seems that they have a 1 promotion into their Championship 2 (which is tier 3). I know that completing challenge here is probably impossible (since all Premier division clubs are Semi-Professional) or it would take 100+ seasons, but it looks like that they meet the criteria (have a promotion to bottom tier & have 3 levels of playable leagues).

Would you consider adding them as eligible nation too?

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Youth Intake 2014/14

Overview

BUZZING with my youth intake, so much so I needed to share it pre-maturely. Mainly due to the introduction of a particular player. Though I am hoping for some more 'technically gifted' players in the future (sacks the Academy Technical Director)

Justin Spink YP01A - Justin is the star from the intake and given my obsession with TM's he's already a favourite of mine. He comes in with leading Skrill North ability with the potential to be a League 1 star. He will be going straight into the first team line up.

Simon Rowe YP01B - The next best player from the intake potential wise. He will cause problems to opposition with his pace and movement, but is extremely lacking technically.

Lenny Grant YP01C - Another quick, hard-working and determined player, Lenny is equally capable on the wing or up top. Technically woeful but could develop into a first teamer with the right training.

Patrick Blackwell YP01D - The third natural striker of the intake and could improve to become a regular.

Adam Huckerby YP01E - Continuing the theme of technically lacking but mentally and physically sound is right winger Huckerby. Another one with good Skrill Premier potential.

Craig Coates YP01F - Should I continue to use AMCs, Coates could be the long term replacement for Bridges / Smith.

Luke Burrows YP01G - A good passer of the ball, Burrows will provide depth in our DM roles.

Oliver Gregory YP01H - I actually really like the look of Gregory. He's got some pace along-with some top class mental abilities. Will cover for Joe Whight, who has finally signed a new contract.

Calum Cooke YP01I - Cooke is a centre back who at 5'8 I really hope will have a growth spurt. Could become a reasonable squad player.

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Season 2014/15

Skrill North Table ~ Past Positions ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy ~ Squad ~ Finances ~ Transfers ~ Youth Intake (See Above) ~ Facilities

What a first season for us! I was hoping for a top half finish but we stormed out the blocks and went on to win TSN title. We never dropped below 4th the whole season and only spent 4 games not in 1st position, we really dominated it. To add to this, we also had an impressive run in the FA Cup, knocking out 3 football league sides on the way to the 4th Round where we faced Premier League side Leeds United at Elland Road. The finances from this run has ensured we don't go into debt and we were also able to increase Junior Coaching, Youth Facilities and expand the Stadium to meet Skrill Premier standards. As a Cambridge United fan, I'm not happy about sharing at London Road however. Our performance in the FA Trophy was adequate and I was able to give some of the squad players game time against weaker opposition.

Player of the Season

Billy Clark

It turned out to be a season to remember for former Ipswich town trainee Billy Clark as he took the League by storm grabbing 34 goals in 40 league appearances as well as 10 goals in 13 FA Cup & Trophy games. He managed to beat the 33 goal Skrill North Top Scorer record and was named Skrill North Player of the Year. 3/4s of the season Clark played as an AMC but showed his versatility by moving into an advanced forward position in the latter stages. He bagged 5 goals in the 9-3 drubbing of North Ferriby.

Academy Product Watch

Connor Birch YP00C - Connor has improved throughout the season and became first choice defensive midfielder and performed adequately.

Duncan Westcott YP00B - Westcott rotated a centre back position with Connor Hall, both of whom performed very averagely.

Pascal Uche YP00A -Pascal has been developing nicely in training but has yet to prove his abilities in 32 first team appearances.

Justin Spink YP01A - What a player!!! At just 15 year old, Spink has been chucked into the first team and has been an instant revelation scoring 9 goals in 8 games and 5 assists too. I'm looking forward to developing Justin throughout his career.

Goal Review

1. Finish in the Top Half of Skrill North - SUCCESS

2. Upgrade Junior Coaching - SUCCESS

3. Increase Club Finances - SUCCESS

4. Bonus: Cup run in FA Cup or FA Trophy - SUCCESS

2015/16 Season Goals

1. Survive comfortably in Skrill Premier (Mid-Table)
  2. Upgrade Anything
  3. Keep the Club Financially Steady
  4. Bonus: Cup Run in FA Cup or FA Trophy
  5. Gives youth products lots of game time

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Season 2014/15

Skrill North Table ~ Past Positions ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy ~ Squad ~ Finances ~ Transfers ~ Youth Intake (See Above) ~ Facilities

What a first season for us! I was hoping for a top half finish but we stormed out the blocks and went on to win TSN title. We never dropped below 4th the whole season and only spent 4 games not in 1st position, we really dominated it. To add to this, we also had an impressive run in the FA Cup, knocking out 3 football league sides on the way to the 4th Round where we faced Premier League side Leeds United at Elland Road. The finances from this run has ensured we don't go into debt and we were also able to increase Junior Coaching, Youth Facilities and expand the Stadium to meet Skrill Premier standards. As a Cambridge United fan, I'm not happy about sharing at London Road however. Our performance in the FA Trophy was adequate and I was able to give some of the squad players game time against weaker opposition.

Player of the Season

Billy Clark

It turned out to be a season to remember for former Ipswich town trainee Billy Clark as he took the League by storm grabbing 34 goals in 40 league appearances as well as 10 goals in 13 FA Cup & Trophy games. He managed to beat the 33 goal Skrill North Top Scorer record and was named Skrill North Player of the Year. 3/4s of the season Clark played as an AMC but showed his versatility by moving into an advanced forward position in the latter stages. He bagged 5 goals in the 9-3 drubbing of North Ferriby.

Academy Product Watch

Connor Birch YP00C - Connor has improved throughout the season and became first choice defensive midfielder and performed adequately.

Duncan Westcott YP00B - Westcott rotated a centre back position with Connor Hall, both of whom performed very averagely.

Pascal Uche YP00A -Pascal has been developing nicely in training but has yet to prove his abilities in 32 first team appearances.

Justin Spink YP01A - What a player!!! At just 15 year old, Spink has been chucked into the first team and has been an instant revelation scoring 9 goals in 8 games and 5 assists too. I'm looking forward to developing Justin throughout his career.

Goal Review

1. Finish in the Top Half of Skrill North - SUCCESS

2. Upgrade Junior Coaching - SUCCESS

3. Increase Club Finances - SUCCESS

4. Bonus: Cup run in FA Cup or FA Trophy - SUCCESS

2015/16 Season Goals

1. Survive comfortably in Skrill Premier (Mid-Table)
  2. Upgrade Anything
  4. Bonus: Cup Run in FA Cup or FA Trophy
  5. Gives youth products lots of game time

Congrats smp20 in my save Bury Town also won the BSN in first season. Update coming up :)

I'm managing Corby, but not really good(compare to you), at least this year my team did well this year.

I think Corby are a much harder team to start with infrastructure and playing staff wise. Where were you predicted? I was predicted 9th in first season, now predicted 23rd in TSP. Just had my best result so far :D

It's been a while sinds i posted an update here.

I've been sacked in my first season at the Skrill Premier and got really demotivated, but now i'm gonna start over again. I think i'll keep it to my home country this time and go for Belgium.

I'm now hollidaying the first season

It's been a while sinds i posted an update here.

I've been sacked in my first season at the Skrill Premier and got really demotivated, but now i'm gonna start over again. I think i'll keep it to my home country this time and go for Belgium.

I'm now hollidaying the first season

Good luck in Belgium mthielen!

EDIT: I've just finished my 2nd season - got a very exciting update coming up once I get back from work!!!

I think Corby are a much harder team to start with infrastructure and playing staff wise. Where were you predicted? I was predicted 9th in first season, now predicted 23rd in TSP. Just had my best result so far :D

I think we were predicted as 23th (I forget it)last season and this season we were predicted as 20th , still typing the season update.

Well i took me only 5 games to break the rules. I had a team with only 19 players and in the pre-season and first 5 games i had 9 long term injuries, so had to put on a wild card player :(.

So back to hollidaying. I think i'll go back to England cause the teams are bigger there, so back to hollidaying in England

Real Sporte Club - Season 2 Review (2015/2016) - National Championship Group G (3rd tier)

C1.png

League Table (First phase) | League Table (Promotion phase) | Transfers

Competitions

National championship G (First phase) - 1st

National championship G (Promotion phase) - 1st

Taca de Portugal - lost first game

Season Review

I play FM from CM (99-00) days and I never had suck a thrilling end of a season.

Most of our old players were released and many youngsters were inserted into starting lineup. Team played magnificently. First phase was completed without any troubles as we continued our domination from last seasons relegation phase. We had 2 unlucky defeats, but you can't have everything. 1st place meant that team qualified for Promotion phase for the first time.

Promotion phase is formed by combining first 2 teams from 4 groups. Every team plays each other twice. First team is promoted automatically, second placed team play in promotion playoffs. We carried our momentum into this phase and after 6 games we were comfortably at top with 16 points. Our first loss was game against Caldas away. We had 27 shots, 8 CCC, they had 4 shots and scored from corner kick... 1-0 for them. Form completely changed after that game. We lost 3 more games in next 5 matches and we fell down to 3rd place. We were yet to play both 1st and 2nd placed team. We had no problems against 2nd placed Naval and game against Maritimo B was our chance to steal 1st place back. We stormed that game and won 2-0. Final game of the season against Caldas and if we win, team will be promoted. Both Maritimo B and Naval were 1 point behind us...

We took the lead in final league game and dominated this match, but couldn't score again. 1 min before half time, corner kick.. 1-1. Nerves began to show. We couldn't break their defense. Couldn't create any more chances... I was pushing team more and more forward. Both Maritimo B and Naval were leading 3 and 4 nil. Corner in the 85th minute, ball is cleared from the box, but our MC Alberto Coito (YP 02C) smashed it into top corner! 2-1. But we still need to defend. 94th minute and we are going into counter attack. Poor pass is intercepted, long ball and their striker is 1-1 with our keeper! He shoots, our keeper manages to touch the ball just enough and it hits the bar. But the ball bounced back right at the penalty spot. Their striker slides and ball is rolling toward our goal. But the keeper manages to get up and to save it one more time! Referee blows full time whistle and we are promoted!

Final game of the season was just to decide who will be National Champions. 2-1 win against Freamunde was enough for our first trophy!

Youth Intake

Very nice intake. So much better than crappy English regens...

Alexandre Silva (YP 02A) - Fantastic AMC - Trequartista. Will be immediate starter.

Ivo Santos (YP 02B) - Good RB, but very slow. Will have to work on his pace.

Alberto Coito (YP 02C) - Very good defensive MC. Immediate starter since all our MCs were pretty technical with glaring defensive problems.

Rui Dieb (YP 02D) - CD is a big problem for our team and he will get some playing time to provide rotation. Model professional personality is very nice bonus!

Felipe Brito (YP 02E) - Striker to provide backup. Slow a little bit, but good technical attributes.

Real's Stars of the season

Paulo Anjos (YP 01A) - Absolute star of the season. 24 league goals. He continues to improve and became our best player.

Nuno Vicente (YP 00B) - Even with 18 years, he is kinda veteran in our squad. He was one of the most important players in our season. 13 goals and 12 assists.

Nuno Figueiredo (YP 01B) - Even though he is natural striker, he was moved to right wing to get some playing time (I play with 1 striker). He responded perfectly with 10 goals and 12 assists.

Gonzalo Fuente (YP 00A) - Star defender. Without him defense fell apart. Such an important part of our team.

Miscellaneous

Did I mentioned terrible finances? Well they are. We had a team full of youth players on youth contracts and we still lost around 25k per month. I hope that in Division 2 player value will be higher, so we can earn some cash by selling players.

Goals from previous season

Continue our momentum from relegation phase into a new season. Success.

Have a cup run. Failed

Goals for next season

Mid table finish (looking at other teams, we are not the worst, so I expect to survive without much problems)

Have a cup run.

Career

Season 1 (National Championship Group G - 4th (2nd in Relegation Phase)

Season 2 (National Championship Group G - 1st (1st in Promotion Phase) - Promoted

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2015/16 Season

These are the kind of seasons that make FM the game it is! We had a real up and down season in the Skrill Premier, starting well then petering out in the middle. At one point we were almost dragged into a relegation battle but an outstanding run of form pushed us into the playoffs. A

5-2 away win over Wrexham put us in a great position in order to progress to Wembley and we did so despite losing 3-1 at home. We smashed the league goalscoring record, but at the same time we leaked goals at the back - as a fan you must always be on edge. But the playoff final was far from goals galore as we drew 0-0 with Newport County leading to penalties in front of a crowd close to 40,000. With 28 penalties taken in total, we were left heartbroken in a 13-12 defeat. Surprisingly it was teenage sensation Justin Spink (YP01A) who missed the final penalty :(. Most of me is really gutted to have missed out on promotion to the football league by such a fine margin, but a small part of me is glad because we are far from good enough to compete at that level. The FA Cup was our competition yet again, reaching the 4th round. We achieved an outstanding 2-1 win over Championship club Brighton and even went on to narrowly lose to Europa League winners Southampton. It seems that our terrible pitch has played into our hands against the bigger clubs :p. But, our performances in the FA Trophy left a lot to be desired. A brilliant season for us, one we can build on for sure - hopefully our new chairman will be supportive.

Youth Intake

Overview

Another good intake. Although we didn't have a outstanding prospect, we have some good depth all round.

Patrick Fry YP02A - A talented right back with leading League 2 potential. With a bit of tutoring and specialised training he will soon be pushing Nunn and Uche for the first team spot.

Nathan Monks YP02B - Could become a key first teamer along with some good training and tutoring.

Lee Long YP02C - Some weird attributes but 5 star potential so I can't complain.

Scott Mulholland YP02D - Unusually for us a player with a bit of technical ability, just a shame he's an AMC which I have stopped using. If he develops to a good level the position may make a comeback.

Nathan Jones YP02E - A big strapping centre half who needs tutoring and learn how to run!

Nigel Bannister YP02F - Another technically adequate AMC.

Anton Pates YP02G - A good DR prospect, but likely to be in the shadow of Patrick Fry. Will add good depth none the less.

Aidan Read YP02H - The best GK prospect through as of yet, he could become first choice if David Bevan continues to refuse talks for a new contract

Player of the Season

Justin continued on from his fine form last season, scoring 28 league goals in 37 games. He also got goals in important cup games too. It is a shame his season ended in heartbreak as he missed the final penalty. A special mention to

Billy Clark who was the top scorer for the second season running - between him and Spink they got 60 League Goals! Other than the partnership of Spink and Clark, performances were not that great

Goal Review

1. Survive comfortably in Skrill Premier SUCCESS

2. Upgrade Anything FAIL (Though we may be upgrading facilities soon)

3. Keep the Club Financially Steady SUCCESS

4. Bonus: Cup Run in FA Cup or FA Trophy SUCCESS

5. Gives youth products lots of game time SUCCESS

2016/17 Season Goals

1. Finish in the Playoffs

2. Upgrade Anything

4. Reach the latter stages of FA Trophy

5. Bonus: FA Cup run

6. Regularly start 5+ Youth Products

Looking for a change in pace, so going to play a season or two of my Weymouth save and see if the 460 plays well in the lower English leagues.

So far, so good. But English seasons are very 'far'!

Braumiller I think that your creative 5-5-0 was one of the best tactics in FM13, so I'm wondering if you have some plans to share your new 460?

33-313110-chernomorets-novorossiysk.gif

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 2014-15 Season

It was an interesting season. Pretty good starting eleven but not much depth so I was hoping for some luck on the injury front. I started well, we were close to getting into a playoff position after the first half of the season. Things didn't go as well after that as we started to look the team that was predicted a relegation favorite at the start of the season. We finished the season in 14th place (out of 20), only a couple position above the last relegation spot. It looks a little worst than it actually was a I played a few youth at the end of the season when our safety was guaranteed. It looks promising for the future if we can hold on to the "veterans" for a few seasons. That could be tricky as some of the salaries are a bit high and the players don't seem to want to sign for more than a year at a time.

Table

Squad

Key Players

Aleksandr Kudryavtsev - The heart of our offence. Played a key role as the AMC in both our asymmetric 451 and narrow 41212 tactics.

Basel Abdufattah - His stats don't tell the story here. Solid DM, played a key role for us all season.

Anatoly Shevchenko - Although he only scored 8 goals this season, Anatoly was big when we needed him to be. I wish there were a statistic that showed winning goal because this guys would probably be at the top.

Youth Products

I was definitely hoping for more quality prospects. I tagged three players and, unfortunately, two of the three both play the same position (DM).

Stanislav Dyshekov 15a - Definitely the star of the youth products. Future first team striker. Needs a lot of time to work on his technical abilities.

Vladimir Dyshekov 15b - Will provide cover for Abdulfattah. May also play some matches as a MC.

Vladimir Tkachev 15c - Same as previous.

And finally...

Proof of no transfers in

Goals for next season:

1) Score at least 55 goals in the league

2) Finish higher than 14th

3) Improve finances (lost almost a million euros last season)

Corby Town- Season 1 (2014-15) Review

0p0l.png

League Table | Squad Stats | Transfer | Season Records | Finances

Competition

Skrill North: 15th

FA Trothy: 3nd Qual. Rd

FA Cup: 2nd Qual. Rd

Season Review

I think I can do a lot better, we were at the promotion playoff at around Christmas but we lost a lot of games, although the second half if the season is bad, but overall the team performed above my expetation. (Please note that my 2 transfer in was confirmed before I join)

Star of Corby

1 Solid performance, I like this guy a lot

2 Solid at the back, pretty good performance

3 Good performance

Youth Intake

Solid Intake, the only thing I'm dissipointed is the tags are all strikers

1a Solid striker with good heading and dribbling, going straight to my starting eleven, leading Skrill Premier potentional.

1b Target man type player, will have a lot of work to do

Season 2 (2015-16) Goals

- Top half finish

- Get a better CB and LB at next intake

- Have a cup run

Trophy Cabinet

Nothing:(

Braumiller - is the 4-6-0 tactic you've created an 'expressive/fancy' one? I'm using a 4-4-2 with DMs but dabbled with 4-6-0 when I had no strikers. Though the playing style was very much win the ball aggressively, get it down the wings, deliver.

bg0123 - Survival in first season is always the aim, especially when you're in a league you have limited knowledge of (well, I certainly don't have any of Russia). Best of luck next season.

Terence - Good foundation season to build on now, I like the look of Waldren and I do love an aerial striker so Saunderson looks good to me :p

I'm annoyed with what's happened on my game. My keeper, David Bevan, refused to negotiate a new contract so he was released. Not only did he go to a lesser team, Nuneaton, he's also on less wages there! :/ My first choice keeper is now a 15 year old...

Braumiller I think that your creative 5-5-0 was one of the best tactics in FM13, so I'm wondering if you have some plans to share your new 460?

I have been toying with the idea of posting it in the tactics forum, just have not had the time or inclination to do so yet. We are forecast 6-10 inches of snow tonight though, so maybe if I am off work tomorrow.....

Braumiller - is the 4-6-0 tactic you've created an 'expressive/fancy' one? I'm using a 4-4-2 with DMs but dabbled with 4-6-0 when I had no strikers. Though the playing style was very much win the ball aggressively, get it down the wings, deliver.

I would not call it fancy. Counter / Standard. Sits real deep (due to my initial lack of pace at the back, and to draw the opponent onto me). One attacking pivot, with plenty of runners for him to pick out. It is interesting to see how it plays a little differently for lowly Weymouth than it does for Frolunda. Especially without the properly qualified pivot player to pull the strings.

th?id=H.4786119540671174&pid=15.1

BK Olympic

SeaSon 15

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Qtr Final

Champions League / 1st KO Round Ongoing

League Table

Another Successful League defense "Yawn"

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players

2 Looks like hes starting to regress now may need to get my young LB in now

1 Great season for the #1

3 Not a Star Player just one to watch out for

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 Great in Europe - last year of Contract and wont sign a new one could be end of the road for him in the next transfer window should i keep him let his contract wind down or get some cash for him

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Plays better in Europe

YP3A

YP3B

YP4 Stupid Chairman

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B - Stupid Chairman

YP5

YP5A

YP5B

YP6/ Great season

YP6A/ out on loan

YP6B

YP7/ Smashing them in this season great year

YP7A -

YP8/ On loan to one of my Rivals AIK :lol: thats when you know you have a good team

YP8A/ What a Season he had this Year

YP8B/ out on loan

YP9/Great season by the young man

YP10/ Out on loan

YP10A/ Not Mucg to choose between him and YP11A

YP11/ Not a great season by him was expecting better

YP11A/ Still fighting it out with YP10A

YP12/ Already on the 1st team and making very good progress

YP13/ Not making he improvement i would of hoped for

YP14/ Not the greatest but got a call up to Turkey's u21s

YP14A/ not the greatest of seasons in the U19s

YP15/ Report Looks like my upgrading has finally payed off YP15 - Getting a bit of Attention now

YP15A/ Report looks like a very good Prospect

YP15B/ Report Not sure whether he will cut it in my team due to him not having a lot of pace he is a Project

Champions League 1st KO Round

Champions League Group

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2016/17 Season

Great feeling to have guided Bury Town to the football league! Despite being predicted 16th, we looked like we were always favourites to clinch a playoff place. We never slipped below 9th and a good run of form towards the end of the season saw us bag 3rd spot, although it was a very tight race and we had to secure a playoff spot by winning our last game. In the semi's we faced the team we came up with, Halifax, and beat them 5-3 on aggregate. We played

Kidderminster in the final and thrashed them 5-2 to secure a place in the Football League. Justin Spink more than made up for his penalty miss last year by scoring 4 goals! Unfortunately, we would be replacing my team Cambridge United. Our FA Cup performance is barely worth mentioning as we lost to Chester in the 4th Qual. Round but on the plus side we managed to win the FA Trophy. Our finances are in good shape, particularly as we've forked out for upgrades and as such our facilities are looking very good all round. It was another year of 'you score 3 we'll score 4' as Clark and Spink went mad with the scoring, finishing 1st and joint 2nd top scorers in the league with 79 goals between them. The rest of the team was pretty average, but our Best 11 included 6 academy graduates. Showing the depth of youngsters we have now, they even managed to win their U18s league. On paper, we are way below standard to play in League 2, but bring it on :).

Youth Intake

Overview

Key Prospect - Michael Hogan YP03A - Hogan could become a great player for us. He's already quick and at 6ft is decent enough in the air to play in either forward role. Likely to be Clark's successor.

Others - Brandon Lewis YP03B ~ Bert Wardley YP03C ~ Ebby Mawer YP03D ~ Lewis Kean YP03E ~ Alex Dawson YP03F

Goal Review

1. Finish in the Playoffs - SUCCESS

2. Upgrade Anything - SUCCESS

3. Keep the Club Financially Steady - SUCCESS

4. Reach the latter stages of FA Trophy - SUCCESS

5. Bonus: FA Cup run - FAIL

6. Regularly start 5+ Youth Products - SUCCESS

2017/18 Season Goals

1. Survive in League 2

2. Upgrade Anything

3. Steady Finances

4. Bonus: Cup Run

5. Blood in any youngsters that have League potential

Next season I will include a big update of how all of the best academy graduates have been progressing.

Archived