ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Italy, I think you're supposed to choose one of the previously unplayable teams, so you shouldn't choose ay of the teams that get promoted from C2. There are still teams that get promoted from Serie D, quite a few actually.

Sorry, should have explained that. When I was looking for a team for the Big Euro challenge, some of the teams that were listed as being promoted from Serie D to C1 hadn't actually been promoted and some that had been promoted weren't listed in the season summary (which is where I always look for my teams). Led to a load of confusion as to who we could actually play with and was registered as a bug with SI.

Sorry, should have explained that. When I was looking for a team for the Big Euro challenge, some of the teams that were listed as being promoted from Serie D to C1 hadn't actually been promoted and some that had been promoted weren't listed in the season summary (which is where I always look for my teams). Led to a load of confusion as to who we could actually play with and was registered as a bug with SI.

I had this I think it was on my England holiday, but it sorted itself out later that game day. I think there is a time of day where the changes actually occur and I had stopped the game processing earlier in the day than necessary.

This could have been what happened here as well.

150px-Le_Mans_FC_logo.svg.png

Le Mans FC

Season 8

League/ 3rd

French Cup/ 11th Round Pens

French League Cup/ Winners

Champions Trophy/ Winners

Europa League/ Qtr Final (2-4) Agg

League Table

Finances

Transfers

Star Players

Youth Candiates

YP1 - Got snapped up

YP1A

YP2

YP3

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP6A

YP7

YP7A

YP8 /Report

Champions Trophy

French League Cup

I have decided to go for one of the following:

Sweden: 4 leagues, but they are short in length. Winning CL would be incredibly challenging.

Belgium: 3 divisions, winning CL would be very hard

Russia: Only 2 divisions, so a quicker challenge, and winning CL a little more likely once we are able to compete with CSKA and Zenit.

Turkey: 3 divisions, but there is a chance of winning the CL once you can compete with Gala, Beskitas, and Fenerbahce.

Spain: 3 divisions but getting out of 3rd is almost impossible. Once we makie the CL, winning it shouldn't be too much of a challenge (compared to the others atleast!)

Italy: 4 divisions, but once you qualify to CL you have a good chance of winning the title.

Any thoughts?

Hm I guess Russia would be a fine choice. I know that many people tried it this and last year, but don't know if anyone managed to survive first season... 5 relegation places look very scary.

What skin is that toonbalmy? Looks beautiful

Congrats on the third place, all the best people are winning the cup competitions! I look at your bank balance with much envy!

Cheers , The skin is called Alavanja 14 , My balance is not a lot compared to what i was getting in Premier League if i was in that it would be over 60 Mil but i chose France because i knew i would get into ligue 1 faster than i would get into the Premier League plus its going to be a Challenge to Overhaul PSG & Monaco

FC Fakel Voronezh

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad | Facilities | Finances |

Today, FC Fakel Voronezh have announced unknown Colombian Alfonso Cuellar as their new manager for the upcoming season in Russia's second tier.

I came into a team that didn't have an Assistant Coach, so an interesting challenge to really build from a 17 man squad and no staff whatsoever! However, the club is doing well finacially, so hopefully that will let me improve the facilities quickly.

This transfer was done before, I have sent him straight back

I guess it's not my transfer, so he is "in the original squad"

Yes, if his transfer was arranged before you arrived, then it's perfectly ok to use him.

Good luck in Russia! I hope you will have similar career as you had with FC United!

Yes, if his transfer was arranged before you arrived, then it's perfectly ok to use him.

Good luck in Russia! I hope you will have similar career as you had with FC United!

Thanks!

Me too, I'm sure I would've finished the challenge if I had had enough time. Hopefully the shorter league system will help me have a chance of finishing the challenge!

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 1 Review (2014)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Second Division (West Gotaland) : 1st (Fixtures)

(no cups this year)

Season Review

A fantastic season! We ended up walking the league, but until the second half of the season it was not as clear cut as it ended up.

After a marathon preseason (we played 17 friendlies!) we hit the road at full speed, going unbeaten in our first 14 league games, drawing just 1 of those. In a league season with just 24 games, this is a HUGE run. There was only 4 points between the top 3 by the half way stage of the season, but despite a couple of losses by us in the second half, the others stumbled majorly. By the end, we had lost 2, drawn 2 and won the other 20. Amassing a whopping 62 points.

We had no cups this year, so a quick season.

We have several notable performances this season, including our main striker leading the line majestically scoring 19 and assisting on 12 in just 23 games. Our midfield playmaker supplying 13 assists and chipping in with 6 goals in 24 appearances and our goalkeeper conceding just 22 goals in our 24 league games, including 9 clean sheets.

Why did I not name the 3 players above? Because I hold grudges and all 3 decided to leave the club at the end of a truly memorable season!

Replacing them, in a higher division no less, is going to prove extremely hard.

The silver lining I guess is that I will now naturally have more opportunities for my new, raw but full of potential youths....

Youth Intake

Some decent looking players, with a lot of potential elsewhere in the intake;

Erik Elmander (YP 01A) - First team ready and versatile. Played in the first 2 games he was eligible for but then suffered a 3 month injury. Will be a first team regular in season 2

Peter Jeremejeff (YP 01B) - A central defender, should see action and if he takes the chance could become a usual addition to the first team squad

Magnus Oscarsson (YP 01C) - Our 3rd straight central defender, but can also play left back which will help him see first team action

Jesper Osmanovic (YP 01D) - At the time of tagging he was 3rd choice, but with my main GK leaving he is in a 50/50 preseason battle for the #1 jersey

Tony Sjoberg (YP 01E) - Lacking in ability right now, but a rare attacking potential in the intake. Will slowly introduce him into games and hope he develops

Miscellaneous

The board agreed to upgrade our Junior Coaching to 'average' during the middle of the season (June), and then again to 'good' during my contract extension negotiations.

This will prove invaluable in the long run.

No other facility improvements were possible due to our poor financial situation.

After our excellent youth intake, the release of half a dozen deadweight seniors and the treacherous defections of 3 of our key players, I am now left with a squad of 27 players stretching across the first team, reserves and u19s (of which 21 are YP tagged from either season 1 or season 0 before I took charge!). Definitely lacking on current ability in a couple of areas, but the potential abilities are very encouraging. The larger squad will be nice, after being down to 4 subs in several league games this year due to injuries and suspensions!

Twin fears are present though, having to bed in a new youth keeper and find a reliable source of goals...

** NOTE, the two incoming transfers occured before the Decemeber 15th reset date in Sweden when I took charge

Season 2 (2015) Goals

* Survive

* Begin giving more and more YP tags first team experience

Bad news... If we are not promoted in this or the next season this could be the end.

TheGreatTraveler - Good luck. You seem to have an interesting squad, even if short. But that won't be a big issue once the youth products start to come in.

Don't worry about administration, it won't end the challenge. I had it and all they did was replace the board and take a £1.66m loan out to clear most of the debt, which was promptly restructured with the local banks to £1m. Make sure your wages are under control and you should be fine - as I found out, they do take it upon themselves to fire players if you're spending too much.

Welcome TheGreatTraveler, good luck in Russia.

Congrats Braumiller, Elmander looks like a great prospect (if a slightly suspect tackler!)

formartineunited_zps9120f12e.jpg

Vikeologist’s 2017/18 End Of Season Report – The Great Depression

Squad - Table - Transfers

We had a great first half of the season, and were challenging for the top spot in the league, but then went into a huge decline. The table was crazy. With 4 games to go we were 2 points above the bottom team, and 4 points below 4th place and a promotion play off spot. That’s 6 of the 10 teams within 6 points of each other after 32 games. We went into the last game of the season in 8th, needing a draw against the 9th placed side to survive. We lost 5-0. We went into the relegation playoffs, beat Stirling (again) in the semi finals but this time lost both legs of the final.

I’m not sure relegation is a disaster. The drop in attendances and prize money is a drop in the ocean, and I’m not going to get sacked, although I did agree to a sizable drop in salary. Next season might be fun, assuming that we really can run away with the division like I hope. We are twice the team we were when we won division 2 in our first season, so it should be easy, but with only 1 guaranteed promotion spot, there’s always the chance that it won’t work out that way. As regards the future of the club, promotion or relegation was irrelevant. The only thing that can help us is playing Rangers or Celtic away in a cup or being taken over by a sugar daddy. If this doesn’t happen in the next couple of seasons, we’ll go into administration regardless of how we do in the league. There’s nothing I can do to stem the losses.

YP1a Robert Stokes. Still my best player. Still awful full back ratings. Still improving.

YP1b Dean Main. Second highest scorer. Started the sea on challenging for a first team place, but then the previous number 2 striker picked up a injury in pre-season, which made it easy for Dean to secure the place.

YP1c Arthur Kelly - Was in the first team for most of the games, but we have 4 central defenders all at the same level, 3 of whom are from youth intakes. He’s probably going to be in the first team next season, but I think my best central defender is a guy called Chris Clarke, who is unofficially my YP1d.

YP2a Jamie McAllister – At the start of the season I threw him straight into the first team instead of my decent prior goalkeeper, and now he has the slot sown up. He’s also about to become team captain, but the captain and vice captain who’ve left weren’t in the first team anyway, so in effect Jamie was the game captain all season anyway.

YP2b Ryan Skinner. A good player, but as one of the 4 good central defenders, Ryan is the unlucky loser. He’s not even usually on the subs bench because my third choice defender can double as a left back to cover Robert Stokes.

YP3a Shawn Cooper – Got a few games in at the end of the season, partly due to injuries to others. The left winger position is by far my weak spot, but at the moment Shawn is still going to be the understudy to my unofficially YP2g other promising winger. It could be an interesting battle.

Season             League            Pos           Cups                      	Europe     	Award			Notes
Formartine
2015/16            Sc Div 2          1st           CC/LC R2, SC R3		N/A		Manager of the Year     Promoted
2016/17		   Sc Div 1          9th	   CC/LC R1, SC R4            	N/A
2017/18		   Sc Div 1          9th	   CC R2, LC R1, SC Q/F         N/A                                     Relegated

Lusitânia Açores - season 2017/18

7000008_zpsa003db08.png~original

League Table (First Phase | Promotion Stage) - Finally I saw promotion potential. We were dominant in the first phase, and onto the promotion stage we finally started to beat other clubs regularly. Unfortunately we played Naval in the penultimate match and lost, which made us fall to second place and forcing us to play a promotion playoff. I'm gutted. This was a golden opportunity to finally get out of this hell that is the third tier, where there's no such thing as income and I think we could survive in the 2nd tier if we were there next season. Oh well, hopefully we can be there this time next year.

Transfers - Expiring contracts and a backup player who was snatched, with no damages to our intentions as I only kept him for tutoring.

Finances - We were on the verge of entering in administration when a new chairman took charge and took a loan to cover our debt. Smart move. The repayments are only €3k/month and if we are promoted soon I believe we can cover those expenses.

Squad - The squad is very strong. I decided to give striker Joaquim Costa (03c) a chance and he made a big impression and is now my first choice. Great season. The weakest links are still the full backs, into his third season Nuno Lima (01a) is still below average and Dmitry Gritcan (02a) is also poor. The other dilemma is on the left wing, João Coelho (03b) plays fairly well, and the other option is Sérgio Marques (01f) who is an adapted righ-footed AMC. I rotate the two and I'm yet to see who stands out more.

Youth Intake - Not a particularly strong intake this year, but the good ones are really good. I didn't have much to tag, but the ones I did I believe will be important players.

Marco Diogo (04a) - Another good poacher, he's a bit slow but he will be my second choice very soon, as Nélson Diogo Bastos's (01g) contract is expiring and I don't know if he's worthy to renewal, and Pedro Aguiar is on the unwanted list as his wage (€775 p/m) is too high for what he brings to the team.

João Silva (04b) - A hot prospect for my advanced playmaker role. Good stats all around, I'm looking to have him tutored to see that determination increase.

Season       Division       Position       YP Tagged       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15      CNS-G (3rd)    2nd/8th        7
2015/16      CNS-G          2nd/6th        9
2016/17      CNS-G          1st/5th        3
2017/18      CNS-G          1st/2nd        2               Lost in promotion playoff

I'm about to get fired from Sekerspor in Turkey about halfway through my second season in charge. Was given the dreaded ultimatum of 10 points in the next 5 games after dropping into the relegation zone. Was only able to get a draw in the first two of those matches so I need to win all of the next 3 matches to keep my job. I'm very doubtful.

May try the challenge in the Netherlands. Although, Sweden is intriguing...

Maidstone United - Season 1 Review (2014/2015)

9dHC4YB.jpg

League Table | League Positions | Transfers(1 pre-arranged transfer)

Competitions

Skrill South - 7th

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying round

FA Trophy - Lost first game

Season Review

What a roller coaster season... We started a season with 2 wins. Then we were without a win for 16 weeks. Then we won 3 in row. Next 9 games were without a win again. Finish of season brought us new tactics and everything clicked. We were going win after win climbing the table. We were even in playoff contention at the end, but 2 loses put us on very respectable 7th place.

Star Player

Fabio Saraiva - Our Portuguese midfielder who carried us with his pinpoint passes.

Youth Intake

Ok intake. Well first one is always like this since there are many holes which needs to be filled. I made one mistake in tagging just 3 players. Later I realized that few more will be used (including backup goalkeeper), but I didn't took their screenshots...

Kevin Diaper YP01a - promising striker with good composure.

Kieran Martin YP01b - excellent defender. Inserted into starting lineup immediately.

Jamie Cobby YP01c - good midfielder. Going to get lots of first team experience since I'm playing with 2 mc + 1 dmc.

Miscellaneous

Board was very cooperative. They approved youth facilities upgrade costing 400k. Junior coaching was also improved to (very good for this level) average. They also aproved Youth Setup Category upgrade, but currently this is very annoying bug, and it stayed the same even when new season started. Stadium expansion of 1100 seats was also announced and it will boost our capacity to 3339 around middle of next season.

Finances was very good. Our average attendance of 1600 helped immensely.

Goals for next season

Carry good form from this season into next one and challenge for top half finish.

Give youth players lots of playing time.

Try to negotiate new contracts with our star players (MC, FC, GK), which might be very difficult with current state of contract negotiations in game.

Career

Next season (Season 2 2015/2016)

King Jericho - You're getting closer all the time. Hope this is the season.

Brugi82 - I'd play Saraiva just for his free kicks. I'm not sure we have to tag all the players we're going to use. My predicted line up for next season has 9 of the starting 11 as past youth intake. I sort of apply a formula where anyone that my best scoutycoach thinks has to be the potential to be a leading division 1 or better gets tagged. Otherwise my end of season reports would take forever, because I reckon I've used about 20 youth intakees so far.

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2018/19

End of season

Prediction for this season: 21st

Final position: 2nd and promotion

Portuguese cup: 3th round

League cup: 3th phase round

Youth intake: terrible, just 1 tag and I doubt that he will ever make it in to the first team.

Américo Oliveira (YP7a)

Next season: try to get 25 pouints as soon as possible and survive!!!!!

Been really busy with work these past couple of months so haven't really had a chance to get a game going so far, with the update hopefully fixing the problems with Sweden, I've decided to start over there

Managing Umedalen IF

It's going to be a really interesting challenge with this team, with just the 1 goalkeeper, and 21 other outfielders, a 500 capacity stadium (No, not a typo), and not exactly stellar facilites.

Manager Info

Squad

General Info

Facilities Info

Going to get the pre-season fun done tomorrow night and should have the first season done at some point this weekend.

Made it to my youth intake in the second season with Vastra Frolunda and holy smokes is it defensive based....

I already have a very defense 'heavy' squad and I am struggling for anything higher up the pitch than a central midfielder. So along comes the intake, and 9 of the 10 highest potential youths have a Best Rated position of either DR, DC or DL!!! The other is a MC.

I am already retraining several of the previous intake to play at either DM or MC, and it seems I have a lot of retraining ahead of me again!

HERE is a screenshot of my squad (1st team, reserves and u19s combined) between season 1 and 2, ordered by position.

The potentials look fantastic due to me letting anyone go who is not a long term option, but check out where all the current ability is located! At the top of the screenshot in the defensive areas.....

Going to be letting my HOYD walk at the end of his contract this year, as his coaching style of 'Defending' may be lending itself a little to the bias....

Great first season Brugi!

Amazing season at Leca Bartcrm! To be predicted 21st and earn promotion is amazing!

Good luck in Sweden korvalis!

At least you have a solid defence, eh Braumiller? :D Hopefully you'll get a striker next year!

COming up to Youth Intake day in my career, hoping for decent players ready for first team action

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 2 Review (2015)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

First Division South : 5th (Fixtures)

Swedish Cup : 2nd Round

Season Review

Another fantastic season of football for the small club from Goteborg! We started off on fire, carrying off exactly where we left off last year! Unbeaten in our first 8 league games (4 wins, 4 draws) and trading 1st place with others around us. We started to have real injury issues though, including our only recognizable lone forward. Gustav Rydberg (YP 00B) had scored 8 in 6 starts and 1 sub appearance but then got injured for the remainder of the season with a 4 month layoff due to a broken foot :( We began having a harder time upfront and it showed in the results.

We ended the year in a fantastic 5th place, only 3 points outside of 2nd and a promotion playoff!

Youth Intake

A great intake, but overwhelming defensive in nature! Crying out for some wingers and forwards, hopefully they will arrive next year with a new HOYD;

Kalle Hogberg (YP 02A) - A big, slow central defender. Yet to play for the first team due to our strength at the position already, but he has put his 6ft 5in frame to use in the under 19s with 2 set piece goals in 3 appearances.

Bertil Mellberg (YP 02B) - A rare non-defender in the intake. Still very raw, but due to needs he made 5 senior appearances, scoring already. He will see plenty of action in season 3.

Wlodzimierz Osuch (YP 02C) - Good looking right back, which is actually needed (my backs up there currently are primary DCs). Will be cover for DR in season 3, but I expect he will get his chance at some point, perhaps sooner rather that later.

Martin Froberg (YP 02D) - A diminutive left back, which is a stocked position. I do like his starting pace, stamina and tackling though, so I am sure he will also see chances to shine.

Alexander Ostberg (YP 02E) - The second of this intakes 'Twin Towers' in central defnces, alongside Kalle Hogberg (YP 02A). Alexander actually measures an inch taller at 6ft 6in and just as slow! Interestingly he is 2 footed, which is a nice bonus! Will cause havoc in the under 19s for now at set pieces, but I will try and find chances for him from time to time.

Rasmus Eskilsson (YP 02F) - Tagged primarily due to his rare striker role, but he took his chance in the senior team due to other injuries. Played 5 senior games, scoring once but assisting 3 times. Due to my lack of options he will no doubt get many more opportunities in season 3

Gustav Prochazka (YP 02G) - Surprise, a central defender! A little more versatile than others though, being able to play at DL, DM and ML. Two great feet again and is being retrained to operate permanently at DM.

Miscellaneous

Perhaps I should be looking at revive my old 550 tactic and tinker into a 730! If I can keep my front 3 fit, I believe we might have a chance in season 3 to challenge for promotion. A couple of injuries again though and another finish around 5th could be on the cards.

So I decided to run a quick investigation.

Here is a screenshot which shows where my 40 players throughout the squad are on the pitch by their best position.

This was actually a useful exercise for me. I knew I have a ton of DCs, which I am/weill be retraining some of them, but I didn't realize how low my natural DR number is.

Also, I have 8 natural forwards. 1 will be let go soon as his potential is too low. In addition my eldest FC is 18.... I will begin to retrain a couple into AML or AMR roles.

Season 3 (2016) Goals

* Build on a great first season in the regional first divisions. Challenge for automatic or playoff promotion places

Liga Adelante is tough work, I regularly go into games knowing the best result I'm going to get is to "only" lose 2-0. :( Still, there have been a few bright spots, my latest is beating Osasuna 3-0 :D

Congrats to all, there's some great progress being made out there. I'm a little jealous of you guys in Sweden, you almost get two seasons worth of fixtures for one of my Adelante seasons (42 games!)

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( People, let this be a warning to you - sign your good youths before the transfer window opens. Or they could bugger off at the first chance. This is the first time I've been actually sad to see a player leave in FM. :( Ah well, one of my four U19 GKs will have to step up.

FC Fakel Voronezh

| Season 1 | 2014-2015 |

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Facilities | Finances | Transfers (Set before my arrival) |

Russian National Football League: 14th

It was a good season in the end as we managed what I consider to be the most important part of the challenge: Survive the first season. It was hard as we took some beatings against fellow strugglers and eventual relegated clubs (a 4-1 loss to Yenisey, 3-1 loss against Luch, and 3-0 loss agaisnst Sibir stand out) but then turned around to beat top teams, sometimes even the weekend after a humbling defeat to a struggler (beating champions Ufa 1-0 at their place a particular highlight). Overall though, I was pleased with how my team played over the course of the season, although it certainly isn't the most entrataining. However, unlike my FC United team in FM13, the Fakel squad is full of old players with no young players capable of replacing them, so we are going to need some good intakes if we are to survive again the coming seasons. And with the current financial strains the club is in (almost 5M in losses this year!:eek:), we will have to make do with what we get, which, sadly, wasn't much.

Russian Cup: Fourth Round

We only lasted one match in the cup and that was fine by me. A better performance next season may be necessary to improve our finances.

Youth Intake

Not a good youth inatke by any means, but it did leave one tag. As well, some of the other players will participate in the First Team, but there won't be a long term future at the club for them, sadly.

Alexandr Chekalin-YP1a (ST)

The young striker has good potential and I hope to see him in the first team squad for time to come, although I'm sad our only good player came in the one position that didn't need immediate replacements.

Key Players

Fedor Djachenko (GK)

The goalkeeper was expected to be back-up, but once he got onto the field there was no dropping him, with his form in some games extraordinary (in the win over Ural he got a 7.8 rating).

Alexey Revyakin (DC)

With all my other center-back being terrible for this level, Revyakin was vital in our success this season. With him getting older, we will need a replacement from the Academy soon in order to rise up the League.

Dmitry Loskov (MC)

The 41 year old was ever-present for us this season, and without him I don't know if we would've survived. Sadly, next season we will find out with the experienced Russian international announcing his retirement and putting us short in numbers in the central midfield positions.

Anton Zabolotny (ST)

A good season for him as he mainly was second choice, coming on as a sub and getting the occasional start to finsih with 9 goals. He was vital when Antipenko was off-form in putting us back into games, and his age will be very beneficial in building a long-term squad.

Alexandr Antipenko (ST)

Although painfully inconsistent, he was our top scorer this season and will hopefully continue to score for the club.

Goals For Next Season

• Survive at all costs
  • Integrate youth players into First Team
  • Have a cup run
  • Lose less than 5M next year

Lusitânia Açores - season 2018/19

League Table (First Phase | Promotion Stage) - The first stage has been a walk in the park for the last 2 seasons. In the promotion stage we held the first place until the last matchday when we faced Sporting B and drew 4-4. It was one of the most nerve-wrecking matches I have ever played in FM, as I really wanted to avoid the promotion playoff which had left us depressed not long ago. Fortunately, we played another playoff, the one to determine the overall champion, and won. So there it is, finally after 5 seasons we are out of the third tier, hopefully to never return.

Transfers - I allowed Rui (02h) to leave in the hopes that Praiense can get a good deal out of him so I can get 25%.

Finances - The loan taken by the new chairman saved us from entering administration and gave us a bit more room to breathe. Next season I expect we'll have more income.

Squad - I'm happy with my squad. What I'm definitely not happy about is that two of my best players refuse to sign new contracts and will most likely leave at the end of the month. Bad news as I was a fan of Emanuel Sousa (01c) and Vítor Coelho (02d).

Youth Intake - Worst intake so far this save.

António Santos (05a) - I wouldn't have tagged him if I had two DMs next season, but apparently I will only have one so I'll need another.

Season       Division       Position       YP Tagged       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15      CNS-G (3rd)    2nd/8th        7
2015/16      CNS-G          2nd/6th        9
2016/17      CNS-G          1st/5th        3
2017/18      CNS-G          1st/2nd        2               Lost in promotion playoff
2018/19      CNS-G          1st/1st        1               Promoted as champions

Liga Adelante is tough work, I regularly go into games knowing the best result I'm going to get is to "only" lose 2-0. :( Still, there have been a few bright spots, my latest is beating Osasuna 3-0 :D

Congrats to all, there's some great progress being made out there. I'm a little jealous of you guys in Sweden, you almost get two seasons worth of fixtures for one of my Adelante seasons (42 games!)

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( People, let this be a warning to you - sign your good youths before the transfer window opens. Or they could bugger off at the first chance. This is the first time I've been actually sad to see a player leave in FM. :( Ah well, one of my four U19 GKs will have to step up.

all mine are signed up before anyone can gets there mits on them

I'm a little jealous of you guys in Sweden, you almost get two seasons worth of fixtures for one of my Adelante seasons (42 games!)

Yeah, the quicker seasons was a big selling point for me. To finish the challenge in Sweden will take a very long game, longer than the 30-35 it took in Belgium imo.

Going to be interesting to see if either of the following are downsides though.

* The Swedish football calendar. Seasons being April to October mean that luck / good planning will be needed for European games out of our footballing calendar year.

* Progression. A lot of people talk about getting young kids around 25 appearances a year in the first team to help progression. In an English 50 game season this is doable. In a Swedish 30-40 game season it is harder. Is 25 games seen as half of a season and mentioned as a number, or is 25 a hard number? Time may tell. For now, I am being more forceful with my decisions. If a kid is going to be a first teamer in the future, he is a first teamer now :)

It doesn't for existing games, I'll be interested if it fixes it for new ones.

It does :thup:

WhcxXoF.png

IK Tord » 2014 Season » Division 2 - Östra Götaland » 1st

Manager Profile | Facilities | Starting Squad

League Table | Squad | Transfers

Decided to reboot my Tord save due to the players resigning bug, so a fresh start with this patch. Again took over on December 15th with transfers already completed.

We didn't make any friends the way we went about our season, 8 red cards in 22 games! Still the aggressive approach was working so I wasn't about to let a few games finished out with 10 men make me change my game plan. In the end we ran away with the division, 12 points clear of the rivals. Promotion at the first attempt, certainly the opposite end of the table than I'm used to starting out at.

We overachieved at this level so hopefully nothing nasty awaits us a level up. I don't think the jumps are that big in Sweden so hopefully we'll be right. Happily now the season is over I can actually negotiate with my players whose contracts are expiring.

An intake where everyone is a potential player down the line, although the top 6 prospects by current ability are all defenders. There's balance there though if everyone develops. Should be some chances in the coming season as there were only 20 players in the original squad and the bottom end is rubbish that can now be let go.

There were two standouts who I introduced for the last 3 games. (14a) Igor Deak is rated best by current ability, and he'll slot in as either a center back or a half back. The HoYD says (14b) Simon Siwe is the best long term prospect, currently players DC/DL but is marginal in height for the former and marginal in speed for the latter, so I ultimately want to turn him into a ball winning mid.

The rest will start out in the under 19s and get tagged as I call them up for action.

If this has already been answered somewhere, apologies.

I am rejecting this offer anyway, but a question for future information.

When someone makes an offer for your player and they offer a loan back clause, are you allowed to accept and keep playing said player?

Offer Example (which I am rejecting)

Yeclano Deportivo

2018/19

d1Iurv1.jpg

Transfers | Squad | Finances

Table | Graph | Results 1 & 2

Well, that was one hell of a long season. 42 games, I reached a high of 11th but was never more than 7-8 points above the relegation places. An 8 game run without a win near the end of the season had me worried, but I managed to win 3 in a row against teams in the relegation places right at the death to ensure my survival and a nice safe league position. Nothing in the Copa del Rey again.

Star players:

Juan Miguel, Eugenio Garcia and Chevi- Miguel had the most assists, Garcia was top scorer with the best rating. Chevi had a bit of a down year but still rated well.

Youth Intake

Getting better, I was allowed to upgrade my junior coaching to adequate so their CA on arrival was a bit better, but still not amazing. I tagged 3 guys this year:

Juan Antonio (19a) - a very slow striker who could be good if trained to be a bit quicker

Israel (19b) - another slow striker with potential

Felipe Baena (19c) - an attacking mid who looks like he could be good. Maybe a Chevi replacement in a year or two

Previous intakes:

Andoni Barandiaran (18a) - didn't really do much, will be first backup at MR next year with Hector leaving on a Bosman

Ivan Lopez (18b) - spent most of the year injured, didn't do much when he recovered

Kike Rodriguez (17a) - will be starting next year as Diego is off to Malaga. Played the last 4 games and only conceded two goals to Mallorca. I have a lot of confidence he'll actually turn out better than Diego.

Juan Ramon (17b) - didn't really do much of anything

Jose Javier (17c) - still not made it out of the U19 team

Ivan Gonzalez (16a) - not a great year, but did ok

Luis Angel Gil (16b) - not really going anywhere, but my ass man says he has potential so we'll see

Daniel Grandio (15a) - jumped to starter and performed well

Juan Miguel (15b) - awesome, one of the stars of the season

Diego (15c) - off to Malaga. Sad times.

Ruben Gonzalez (15d) - bit of a down year this year, but almost at 150 appearances

Francisco Garcia (15e) - bit of a shaky season, but with no real competition will start again next year

Eugenio Garcia (15f) - top scorer, played well all year as a false nine

Year  | League   | Pos  | Promotion | Achievement
-----------------------------------------------------
[b][url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363642-ri916-s-FM14-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=9152657&viewfull=1#post9152657"]14/15[/url][/b] |  2B4     | 13th |    No     |  Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363642-ri916-s-FM14-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=9209057&viewfull=1#post9209057"][b]15/16[/b][/url] |  2B4     | 10th |    No     |  
[b][url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363642-ri916-s-FM14-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=9226216&viewfull=1#post9226216"]16/17[/url][/b] |  2B4     |  5th |    No     |
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363642-ri916-s-FM14-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=9251618&viewfull=1#post9251618"][b]17/18[/b][/url] |  2B4     |  1st |   Yes!    |  Champions, won Copa RFEF, promoted
18/19 | Adelante | 13th |    No     |  Survival, beat champions Osasuna 3-0

Aims for next season: make more money, improve the facilities if at all possible. I'm not even thinking about promotion.

150px-Le_Mans_FC_logo.svg.png

Le Mans FC

Season 9

League/ 5th

French Cup/ Winners

French League Cup/ 4th Round

Champions Trophy/ Not Entered

Europa League/ Not Entered

Champions League/ Boll ocks

League Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Star Players

Youth Candiates

YP1 - Got snapped up

YP1A

YP2

YP3

YP4

YP4A

YP5

YP6

YP6A

YP7

YP7A

YP8

YP9 /Report

YP9A /Report

French Cup

Lusitânia Açores - season 2019/20

League Table - The first half of the season was great and we guaranteed that we wouldn't drop right then, but then reality struck and we couldn't hold on to the top places.

Transfers - We had many offers to loan players from the youth squad to teams in the third tier, so I loaned everyone I could to give them competitive matches.

Finances - I was surprisingly pleased with the final prize money given to us, around €250k, which allows us to finish the season with positive figures. If I don't suffer a setback with contract renewals I may be on the verge of being able to ask for facility upgrades in a couple of seasons.

Squad - We had many long-term injuries throughout the season, but the squad is deep and we only needed to use players from the youth team to cover for the full backs. My strikers were in good shape and my creative midfielders were at a good level too.

Youth Intake - We returned to good intakes, unfortunately the gems came in positions that are currently filled, since I play a lone striker formation.

Emanuel (06a) - He doesn't exactly fit into a poacher profile but I can't pass on a 15 year-old who has 2*CA and 5*PA.

Nélio Semedo (06b) - This is more a poacher type of player and he also has good potential so I'll keep an eye on him.

Josef Bobal (06c) - He's not very rated by my Ass Man but I like his attributes and I only have one left-footed LB so I think he may come in handy.

Season       Division            Position       YP Tagged       Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15      CNS-G (3rd)         2nd/8th        7
2015/16      CNS-G               2nd/6th        9
2016/17      CNS-G               1st/5th        3
2017/18      CNS-G               1st/2nd        2               Lost in promotion playoff
2018/19      CNS-G               1st/1st        1               Promoted as champions
2019/20      Liga2 Cabovisão     14th           3

Archived