FM14: Rate My Regen Thread

PequenoGenio

But the value of someone that young is surely measured by potential, not ability?

He was always going to be world class with those attributes at 17 and a determination attribute of 20, so I'd say he was absolutely worth what was paid.

Determination has no link to player devlopment. Its all to do with there personality. Model pro been the best imo.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say when ???? Geez, get side tracked much. I'm talking a 17 year old. £30M is worth it if there stats are phenomenal. This kid may've turned into a quality player, but at age 17 with his stats and was purchased for £30M ???? Not worth it.

I think they are.

Say when said player Turns 21, what do you think teams will ask for him then? In my save, world class Regens get asking prices of $50m+, and that is non negotiable. So if you can snag a player you know s going to be world class, $30m is a fair price, because if you want him, you will have to pay it, or pay double that later on.

Say when ???? Geez, get side tracked much. I'm talking a 17 year old. £30M is worth it if there stats are phenomenal. This kid may've turned into a quality player, but at age 17 with his stats and was purchased for £30M ???? Not worth it.

The point i was trying to make, if a Regen is good, that good he will eventually be worth 30m, then what do you think teams will make you pay when he is 21? And not 17? A lot more.

Shame he can't run or jump though. That will take some time but he could get up to the 14/15 range due to his potential.

His mental atts are pretty good, despite the obvious ones for his role like off the ball and composure, but those technical atts are crazy for a 15 year old.

Post screenies of his development when he hits 18 or 21 if you can. Looks class.

Wowzers. What's your training settings at out of curiosity? 10% Match Prep / 90% General? What are you General training? Are you giving him individual focus or specific role training? :)

Think my training is doing him a world of good, lol.

2hfq99t.png

Technical skills rather poor if you expect him to bulldoze his way through the middle, looks more like a winger.

Yeah I retrained him to play left and right wing when I played with wingers but now I'm playing a diamond in the middle it's pointless. I want to keep him as he came through my youth system in my first season. I just can't seem him to get his technical ability up any. Really frustrating.

One year on and Le Gac is showing vast improvements already. Gave him forty minutes against Stoke when looking for a goal but he was too deep a majority of the time. Mostly he turns out for the 18s and he's got 17 goals in 20 games for them.

b164413969ddc751055f72f5c142a291.png

This boy came into our youth ranks last season and I didn't take much notice of him but he appears to have a big future ahead of him as per my coaches.

ed94bd630fb5705c1f4a1a1d88b5fdb5.png

i07mrq6.jpg

AMAZING regen for real madrid..and what is truly amazing is that this is in my first year, and he showed up as one of those random gray replacements when you get too many suspensions or injuries..it was so lucky i actually clicked and checked his stats !

Would like some feedback on this guy and how I can get him to improve. I am pretty sure he is already class just by looking at him. Will 6 jumping reach be a problem for a DM? I know I can't improve that area unless the game will let be get some springs for his boots.

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/KingGambler/media/Dias_zps4dd9adad.png.html?sort=3&o=0

I signed him on a free for Brighton a year ago and had to nab him after my move to Arsenal which cost me £11m.

Depends how you play and/or how the opposition plays. If you want him as a half back for instance then jumping reach would be handy, but I wouldn't use him in that role. I don't think it's much to worry about and a waste of time to try and improve it as you might only get 1-2 points. I'd focus on his marking then tackling. One of the few DMs with very high bravery. Nice find, he's developed pretty well.

Depends how you play and/or how the opposition plays. If you want him as a half back for instance then jumping reach would be handy, but I wouldn't use him in that role. I don't think it's much to worry about and a waste of time to try and improve it as you might only get 1-2 points. I'd focus on his marking then tackling. One of the few DMs with very high bravery. Nice find, he's developed pretty well.

Cheers for the quick reply. Not bothering to improve his jumping was my thought totally. It would be a miracle if it reached 9. At the moment my defensive midfielder position is set to Anchor (defend). However, I do have the options of either changing the role for the position or moving him to CM where the only thing he would need to improve on quite a bit is dribbling.

Is that a three man midfield triangle? (Two CMs and one DM)

I use that trio with:

AP(a) - DLP(s)

Anchor(d)

The DLP isn't vital to my side and often gets changed depending on the opposition or player, eg. BBM, or CM (s)/(d). If you had similar he could always play in that changeable CM role and see how he goes. But in all honesty if he's playing well as an anchorman then there's no need to change. Just focus on his marking, imo.

My anchormen are all fairly short. I think it's an added bonus if they can win the ball in the air, but not vital.

As crazy as it sounds, I have been mainly been playing 4-2-3-1 but with 1 of my midfielders pushed back to play as a DM on Anchor (defend) and then Wilshere playing as CM (attack). I then use my AMC on support to feed the ball to my other attacking players.

For the time being it is probably best I stick with him in the anchor role (his best role according to my Ass Man) and try to give him other roles when I change tactics for other matches. I will be sticking him on marking too.

Would like some feedback on this guy and how I can get him to improve. I am pretty sure he is already class just by looking at him. Will 6 jumping reach be a problem for a DM? I know I can't improve that area unless the game will let be get some springs for his boots.

At 170cm I'm not sure jumping reach would be of any real benefit. He doesn't really have any noticeable weakness so you could really play him in most midfield roles. He is good technically, good on the ball, can shoot, pass, dribble, tackle and has outstanding physicals.

• 1 month later...

In season 2022-23, but here are some images of my regens back in 2019-20 I think. Tell me what you all think...........

My starting RB Riccardo Stefanini - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Stefanini_zpsb240c3c9.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Definitely my best player Daniel Wunderlich - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Wunderlich_zps54371c75.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Starting GK Walter Penucci. Never had a keeper thid good - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Pennucci_zpsd75d3b7e.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Starting LB Daniele Angelini - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Angelini_zps8427e2bc.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

Third string striker, next year will be my back up..... Guy Hamm. He's gonna be a beast - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Hamm_zpsa8d942e5.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

Back up attacking playmaker to Wunderlich. And this guy as good as he is can't start.... Giordano Di Napoli - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/DiNapoli_zps3496550d.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5

Makes all other central defenders look second rate. Oliver Schwarz - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Schwarz_zpsc8b84295.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6

My superb holding midfielder Piero Morina - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Morina_zpsc0506542.png.html?filters[user]=135552248&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=7

No wonder this season I went unbeaten with only 2 draws the rest wins. Had to sell a lot of players including a couple in this post due to my dominace. Verona, Vicenza, San Marino, Roma, Fiorentina, Bologna and Lazio have all been bought by wealthy owners. Finally starting to have some decent competition.

This newgen will join my FC Copenhagen side in 2½ years time

got him tied up for 2 years with another 3 year option, when he joins

The best 15 year old midfielder that I've seen in this years FM

intvrs.png

19 technique for a 15 year old? train his other foot and he will become a beast.

I know and will

he is just amazing as you say 19 in tech and 12 in creativity + 16 in flair + 15 in first touch etc etc

and he has great natural fitness

best £2.7m I'm going to spend

This newgen will join my FC Copenhagen side in 2½ years time

got him tied up for 2 years with another 3 year option, when he joins

The best 15 year old midfielder that I've seen in this years FM

intvrs.png

6 months later, still at LA

mab237.png

can't complain about how they are training him, can I - but damn two seasons is a long wait

• 2 weeks later...
sKZn6Wm.jpg

I got this dude for $5k from South Melbourne (the only reason I could get him w/o a permit was because he's also eligible for Scotland), and he looks very good technically already.

He's got some good stats but if you look at his height and jumping ability (or lack of) you will see that he will struggle to win any headers. I would retrain him as a full-back personally.

Took me a while to realise things were in a different place due to being in French(?)... but he is a very, very well rounded CM :thup: BUY HIM!