FM2014 not compatible with FM2013 saved games

I heard this but didn't believe until I downloaded the preorder and saw for myself that your saved game from FM2013 is down the toilet and you have to create new profile for yourself and start all over with a new career. I put a lot of time in my FM2013 career and am not willing trash it and start over. Can I get my preorder money back on this wasted purchase? Otherwise I'm giving away this dumb FM2014 code if anybody wants it. No way I'm starting over.

I heard this but didn't believe until I downloaded the preorder and saw for myself that your saved game from FM2013 is down the toilet and you have to create new profile for yourself and start all over with a new career. I put a lot of time in my FM2013 career and am not willing trash it and start over. Can I get my preorder money back on this wasted purchase? Otherwise I'm giving away this dumb FM2014 code if anybody wants it. No way I'm starting over.

A purchase is a purchase. Stand behind your lack of understanding. Your fault, not SI's. Lesson learned. Next time do your homework. There are no sports games or any games for that matter, computer nor console that lets you use a saved game file from a previous year's version. New game, new save.

If I were you, I'd keep FM14 and play it. You will enjoy it.

Not only has this never been the case that you could use your old save with the newest game, but you didn't even bother to check, and disregarded what you'd already heard which suggested it wasn't possible?

That's entirely your fault. If you're too lazy to do basic research, or refuse to listen when you were told otherwise, that's on your head.

A purchase is a purchase. Stand behind your lack of understanding. Your fault, not SI's. Lesson learned. Next time do your homework. There are no sports games or any games for that matter, computer nor console that lets you use a saved game file from a previous year's version. New game, new save.

Completely and utterly incorrect, OOTP Baseball allows exactly this, for exactly the reason the original poster would've wanted to do this in FM. Continue the same career, but use the updated features in the new game.

What is likely correct is that this has never been possible in FM< as far as I am aware.

Oh my god.

You just made me laugh.

I had the same problem with Fallout New Vegas. My Fallout 3 save was kick@ss - why can't I just load it into the new one? Same with Oblivion/Skyrim, PAH!

Why can't I load Pac-man into GTAV? One of my alts from Star Wars: Galaxies would have made a great Football Manager, why won't they let me port him over, gah sort this out!

As ridiculous as this posting is...

I'm just starting to wonder WHY it is not possible to make save games compatible?

After all, the game mechanics do not really change, there are no new attributes added. All you'd need to do is create a file where you put in the player info etc., and you'd be set.

I know it's probably not that easy in reality, but at the moment, I can't really see that it would be impossible to do - or am I missing something?

Maybe something for FM2016?

Wow, this kid.

Did you also throw up this arguement when you found out you could not continue your FM2012 saved game in FM2013? Why on earth would you think you can load up and continue playing FM13 on FM14? You've never been able to in the history of CM/FM so why now?

What could possibly make you think that an FM2013 save compatible with FM2014? Name me one game that allows this kind of save-file compatibility.

OOTP baseball.. based on a SI game...

As ridiculous as this posting is...

I'm just starting to wonder WHY it is not possible to make save games compatible?

After all, the game mechanics do not really change, there are no new attributes added. All you'd need to do is create a file where you put in the player info etc., and you'd be set.

I know it's probably not that easy in reality, but at the moment, I can't really see that it would be impossible to do - or am I missing something?

Maybe something for FM2016?

Which brings me to this point...

OOTP can do it because it is a rewritten game from the ground up and incorporated the feature throughout in the coding process...

FM cannot as it would require a complete rewrite also (due to the limitations in the legacy code etc), which isn't a viable option.

There is no way on earth this would be possible - can't believe the poster even thought you could. Its not an update but a completely new game There has been threads on here about it not been possible before.

As other posters have said - do your homework not SI's fault but your own.

One thing i've always wondered about the desire to have transferable saves is how it would even work.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love it because I haven't enjoyed a save since FM12 and before that FM08, but what exactly would you be transferring the game for? The players couldn't change, the leagues couldn't change, competition winners couldn't change etc etc. Then you have all the issues with your tactic and the ME changes etc. Is it just new features that you'd get?

One thing i've always wondered about the desire to have transferable saves is how it would even work.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love it because I haven't enjoyed a save since FM12 and before that FM08, but what exactly would you be transferring the game for? The players couldn't change, the leagues couldn't change, competition winners couldn't change etc etc. Then you have all the issues with your tactic and the ME changes etc. Is it just new features that you'd get?

Basically it comes down to DB, if it's possible to extract a database from an ongoing game, then it shouldn't be a problem to convert it to a different version of FM - as long as you know what was changed, like competition rules and such.

I wouldn't be able to do it, obviously, but I'm just theorizing xD

It was never possible.. not on CM93 .. not on FM11 .. not on FM14 ..

Basically it comes down to DB, if it's possible to extract a database from an ongoing game, then it shouldn't be a problem to convert it to a different version of FM - as long as you know what was changed, like competition rules and such.

I wouldn't be able to do it, obviously, but I'm just theorizing xD

Yes, but that's my point. If you're transferring DB over then all you're really getting is the new features and the hassle of changing your tactic to deal with the new ME. The people who want this would most likely be people who are well into a save, so they're transferring over newgens anyway i.e. the new database can't be an attraction. Are the new features so drastic and incredible that people couldn't seriously just continue to play the old game?

I just don't see anything in 14, or 13 after 12, that sits out as must have and such a massive difference that you have to have it, especially if you're enjoying the previous game.

I think this thread has served its purpose (still convinced it's a wind up tbh :))

I would say that if you haven't "finished" with FM13 yet don't buy FM14, simple as that, but some people just have to have the latest model :D

Archived